Commissions by dustbunny21 (paid and failed to deliver)

This forum is for people who are hiring artist, writer, animator, various other project for commission. All site rules still apply. Please mark your post completed or delete it once it is done.

Artists recommendation before accepting commission, check for poster reputation. If they don't seem active, new account etc, You should do the following:

1. NEVER do free spec work without payment first...not even simple "test" sketches.
2. ALWAYS have a clear and detail mutual agreement
3. ALWAYS ask for half payment upfront before you do any work at all
4. NEVER send final artwork until you have received final payment
5. Check #blacklist for information on scam related activity in our discord viewtopic.php?f=99&t=55569

Forum rules
This forum is for people who are hiring artist, writer, animator, various other project for commission. All site rules still apply. Please mark your post completed or delete it once it is done.

Artists recommendation before accepting commission, check for poster reputation. If they don't seem active, new account etc, You should do the following:

1. NEVER do free spec work without payment first...not even simple "test" sketches.
2. ALWAYS have a clear and detail mutual agreement
3. ALWAYS ask for half payment upfront before you do any work at all
4. NEVER send final artwork until you have received final payment
5. Check #blacklist for information on scam related activity in our discord viewtopic.php?f=99&t=55569

Commissions by dustbunny21 (paid and failed to deliver)

Postby Sevvy » Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:38 am

I've been back and fourth over posting this for a few days now, and finally decided to try and let as many people know as possible. Over the course of 3 months (two in May, one in July), I paid the user Dustbunny21 $300 for commissions they've failed to deliver on. This individual has blown past every deadline set for these pieces without offering so much as an update/explanation as to why. My last requested update went completely unanswered, and the refund request has also gone unanswered. See the attached screenshots for proof.

Here are links to their Aryion/FA accounts. If anyone knows where I could post this on FA, please let me know.

https://aryion.com/g4/user/dustbunny21
https://www.furaffinity.net/user/dustbunnyart/
Attachments
Screen shot 1.png
Screen shot 2.png
Screen shot 3.png
Screen shot 4.png
Screen shot 5.png
Screen shot 6.png
Screen Shot 7.png
Screen Shot 12.png
Last edited by Sevvy on Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sevvy
New to the forum

Re: Commissions by dustbunny21 (paid and failed to deliver)

Postby Relarity » Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:02 am

I'm sorry to hear that and thanks for letting us know. Hopefully this issue gets resolved and things work out for the better. I recommend submitting a claim on the site Artists Beware once it's back online (they're down until the 11th for maintenance). It's a pretty rigorous site and they do a good job of checking through things.

There's also the Eka's Portal discord server with a #blacklist section. You can find that HERE.

Otherwise, best of luck.
Relarity
New to the forum

Postby waveshaper » Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:04 pm

Well, that's dismaying, considering I just paid them for a YCH about a week and a half ago...
If it's not too much trouble, could I ask that you update or let me know privately if they respond?
waveshaper
New to the forum

Postby kamikouchiha » Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:07 pm

call your bank/cc company and charge it back for failing to deliver on paid goods
kamikouchiha
Been posting for a bit

Postby Sevvy » Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:25 pm

kamikouchiha wrote:call your bank/cc company and charge it back for failing to deliver on paid goods

I'm not sure that'll work given the payments were sent 4 and 6 months ago.
Sevvy
New to the forum

Postby Dekkard2 » Thu Nov 09, 2023 3:50 pm

That's why I ask for only half the agreed upon amount upfront and only ask for the other half when I finish the piece. I would still try the bank or credit card for your money back they might still give it to you if it's under a year.
I am open for commissions
https://aryion.com/g4/userpage.commissi ... d=Dekkard2
PM me if you're interested and we can work something out
Dekkard2
---

Postby YemeYami » Fri Nov 10, 2023 5:59 pm

Bruh I follow this guy as well, what a shame... Hope you get your money back bro
YemeYami
New to the forum

Postby Turinturik » Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:14 pm

The person suddenly seemed to go dark 3 months ago.
Turinturik
New to the forum

Postby Sevvy » Sun Nov 12, 2023 1:46 pm

Yeme1 wrote:Bruh I follow this guy as well, what a shame... Hope you get your money back bro

I'll grow wings before that happens at this point. I won't say much more for the time being, as I'm basically in wait-and-see mode right now. So to speak, the ball is in Dusts' court now.
Sevvy
New to the forum

Postby Adepta » Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:26 am

Sevvy wrote:
Yeme1 wrote:Bruh I follow this guy as well, what a shame... Hope you get your money back bro

I'll grow wings before that happens at this point. I won't say much more for the time being, as I'm basically in wait-and-see mode right now. So to speak, the ball is in Dusts' court now.

Don't wait any longer, start the charge back process as soon as possible. Anything over 3 months is already crazy and the longer you wait the lower your chances of a refund are.
Adepta
New to the forum

Postby Sevvy » Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:41 am

Original post has been updated with the entirety of my conversation history with DB. Dustbunny informed me that she was incapable of granting a refund when I originally requested it, so I gave her a final chance to make things right. To date, she has only completed one of the three commissions I'm owed. She once again blew past the self imposed deadline for delivering the other two commissions, but still had no problem completing work taken on well after the timelines for these pieces had past. My final ultimatum for either refunding the other two commissions, or completing them, has gone unanswered. I unfortunately waited far too long to try doing anything Via PayPal or my bank in regards to getting my money back.

As of now, I'm officially writing off what hasn't been completed/refunded as a lost cause.
Sevvy
New to the forum

Return to Hiring for commission