Artist Advice?

Dedicated for the vore artists who have an album in this site, including commission advertisement, one thread per user please.

1a. Each artist should only have one thread for an open offer that has no deadline, and one project offers thread. Every commission / stream opening and closing, New publish for purchase, etc, should just be added to the commission thread.

1b. Likewise. Any other deadline orientated project (for example YCH) please just add to your project thread.

-Doing this mostly to make sure we don't have hundreds of artists making new threads every time for people to wands through.

2. Thread bumping is once a week! That means if you just want to add visibility to your thread, please don't bump it more than once a week.

3. Please link to your commission tab, like one of those here https://aryion.com/g4/commission.list.php

4. If you are hiring someone, use our forum for hiring viewforum.php?f=99

Artists recommendation before accepting commission, check for poster reputation. If they don't seem active, new account etc, You should do the following:

1. NEVER do free spec work without payment first...not even simple "test" sketches.
2. ALWAYS have a clear and detail mutual agreement
3. ALWAYS ask for half payment upfront before you do any work at all
4. NEVER send final artwork until you have received final payment
5. Check #blacklist for information on scam related activity in our artist Discord viewtopic.php?f=99&t=55569

Forum rules
Dedicated for the vore artists who have an album in this site, including commission advertisement, one thread per user please.

1a. Each artist should only have one thread for an open offer that has no deadline, and one project offers thread. Every commission / stream opening and closing, New publish for purchase, etc, should just be added to the commission thread.

1b. Likewise. Any other deadline orientated project (for example YCH) please just add to your project thread.

-Doing this mostly to make sure we don't have hundreds of artists making new threads every time for people to wands through.

2. Thread bumping is once a week! That means if you just want to add visibility to your thread, please don't bump it more than once a week.

3. Please link to your commission tab, like one of those here https://aryion.com/g4/commission.list.php

4. If you are hiring someone, use our forum for hiring viewforum.php?f=99

Artists recommendation before accepting commission, check for poster reputation. If they don't seem active, new account etc, You should do the following:

1. NEVER do free spec work without payment first...not even simple "test" sketches.
2. ALWAYS have a clear and detail mutual agreement
3. ALWAYS ask for half payment upfront before you do any work at all
4. NEVER send final artwork until you have received final payment
5. Check #blacklist for information on scam related activity in our artist Discord viewtopic.php?f=99&t=55569

Artist Advice?

Postby Mysticstar » Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:02 am

So i recently started to draw art (you can see my first 2 big pieces in my gallery) but i want to build up to drawing vore. Any advice for how to draw/get better or products that have helped you fellow artist?
I am one kinky UniCat. I Accept and embrace it.
Mysticstar
New to the forum

Re: Artist Advice?

Postby Bright » Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:45 am

Visit my artblog?
Spoiler: show
http://julienbrightsidesart.blogspot.no/
Bright
Heavy user

Postby LethiaAzalea » Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:10 pm

As someone who enjoys all kinds of art, here's some less practical and more guiding advice.

Most important: take breaks when you feel tired. If your trying to draw and it's feeling like your trudging through a swamp, than stop and take a break, you might be starting to burn out.

Draw for yourself before others. If you like a certain style/fetish/char, etc, than go with it. If someone clings onto one aspect and demands you only make that, take the compliment, but don't accept the pressure. I know an artist who enjoys drawing Rosalina, but they get hounded to only make Rosalina art which ruins it for them.

Improvement is always in practice. It won't happen over night, so just keep at it, again and again. You will get better and develop your own style in due time.

Try life drawing. Using references is a good idea, the best references are usually other people, or life-like dolls. You can actually get pose dolls specifically for drawing.

Allow your art to take time. You don't need to be fast, making art quickly isn't important, neither is it any form of requirement. It's something that only happens over time of constant work and effort. Just focus on the quality, speed will develop with your skill.

Finally, stay humble, it's never a bad idea to take in criticism, but you don't want to let people walk over you either.
LethiaAzalea
Somewhat familiar

Postby corecat » Thu Dec 14, 2023 2:03 am

I'm a big fan of Drawabox: https://drawabox.com/

Lots of practical exercises that do a good job of building up confidence and understanding of lines and forms.
corecat
New to the forum

Postby merlovinit » Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:49 pm

In my opinion it's never too early to start thinking about the final composition of a drawing even in the early stages of beginning to work on it. Asking yourself what elements do you want to emphasize the most, how will the characters be framed by the canvas itself (this can be particularly important if you want people to have an easy time viewing your work on computer monitor or phone screen, for example), what will be the spatial relationship and proportions of the characters involved, etc...

That and don't commit to a sketch too early unless you are happy with it, although being happy with a sketch almost always comes down to asking yourself if it's good enough or not, since you can spend forever on something always to make it a little better. But just remember that you can always start over or redraw things. If using a digital art program don't be scared to select entire body parts and use scale/rotate tools to reposition them. Sometimes it makes sense to erase an arm or a leg and just try again even if you already spent a lot of time on it.

The trap that many artists (including myself too) can fall into is becoming a slave to the sketch. Particularly when someone's process is something like sketch first, then finalized line art on a new layer. Sometimes it's easy to just accept a bad sketch because "it's just a sketch, I'll fix it when I do the lines" and that's a pretty dangerous thing to do. If the sketch has problems the final line art will too. It's okay to redraw your sketch multiple times if you are willing to spend that much effort. And only if you want to. Always let art be a hobby instead of a chore.
merlovinit
Participator

Return to Artists Valley