What counts as Endosomatophilia?

Everything about Endosomatophilia! For more information, inquires within (or check the wiki)

What counts as Endosomatophilia?

Postby T145 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:06 am

In case you didn't noticed, Megatron is a robot and I wouldn't categorize it as endo, though it's very cool to go inside a robot, The episode aired in 1985, not 1986.

Saw a comment/reply here that suggested that if the host is a robot, it shouldn't count as endosomatophilia, and it got me wondering, what does count?

Does the thing have to be biological? What about someone who's not made entirely of meat (like Gaia in God of War)?

Personally, I'd personally count being in a robot, or a massive organism, that doesn't necessarily have to be fleshy, as long as you're inside of them, and are in a condition to be able to explore around their various body parts, like in Bowser's Inside Story, but I'm curious about what other people might also think. Would being in a robot count as Endosomatophilia? What about a cyborg/meatbot? What does endosomatophilia mean to you?
T145
Been posting for a bit

Re: What counts as Endosomatophilia?

Postby Milky12Daddy » Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:20 am

Personally it should count as endo.

What matters is being inside another being. A robot or a biological being or even an organic being (like GOW Gaia) should count because what matters is being inside.
Milky12Daddy
Somewhat familiar

Postby thirdaltaccount » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:44 pm

I've never really considered robots in that way, unless they're explicitly designed to replicate organics. Like, Titanfall titans aren't really endo when they have a pilot. They're mechanical war machines. Something like megatron sure, because he's humanoid. But not utilitarian machines.
Always either cold or tired. Unsure whether to blame the phenomenon on vorarephilia or not. Probably looking into it too much.
thirdaltaccount
Been posting for a bit

Postby T145 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:11 pm

thirdaltaccount wrote:I've never really considered robots in that way, unless they're explicitly designed to replicate organics. Like, Titanfall titans aren't really endo when they have a pilot. They're mechanical war machines. Something like megatron sure, because he's humanoid. But not utilitarian machines.

That's a fair point. I'd not consider someone being in an exoskeleton, mechsuit, or car to be endo, because the person being inside of them is expected and intentional in a way that isn't true for most forms of endo.
T145
Been posting for a bit

Postby catkook » Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:45 pm

If being eaten by a robot count, would that then also qualify vacuums as well?
Just straight up ordinary house hold vacuums.

And if not, where would the line between robots and vacuums be drawn?
catkook
New to the forum

Postby T145 » Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:31 am

catkook wrote:If being eaten by a robot count, would that then also qualify vacuums as well?
Just straight up ordinary house hold vacuums.

And if not, where would the line between robots and vacuums be drawn?

It could depend on whether they count as being alive. A robot that counts as being alive/having consciousness and eating someone may count.

Your average Henry Hoover, not so much.

Although it gets a bit fuzzy when you get to things like sapient computers. If you have a Roomba that gains self-awareness and eats someone, would that be endo? Or would it only be endo if you end up somewhere where you're not supposed to, like the Roomba's battery bank/motor instead of the dust tank?
T145
Been posting for a bit

Postby thirdaltaccount » Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:53 am

T145 wrote:It could depend on whether they count as being alive. A robot that counts as being alive/having consciousness and eating someone may count.

Your average Henry Hoover, not so much.

Although it gets a bit fuzzy when you get to things like sapient computers. If you have a Roomba that gains self-awareness and eats someone, would that be endo? Or would it only be endo if you end up somewhere where you're not supposed to, like the Roomba's battery bank/motor instead of the dust tank?

Now we're getting into real speculative territory. Sentient roombas, the discussion of the century, happening right here on aryion in real time.
Always either cold or tired. Unsure whether to blame the phenomenon on vorarephilia or not. Probably looking into it too much.
thirdaltaccount
Been posting for a bit

Postby TootLunch » Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:48 pm

We can break the word down to help us, Endo means inside, Somatic means body or bodily, the definition I find everywhere for Endosomatic is “within the body of an organism” but taking it strictly by it’s roots it just means inside a body.

Organism is where it becomes difficult, “A discrete and complete living thing, such as animal, plant, fungus or microorganism.” However, there is also “ Any complex thing with properties normally associated with living things.”

So really it depends on how far you push the definition of ‘properties normally associated with living things’ and how many are required. For this example lets say living things require bodily autonomy and the ability to find and alter or break down chemicals or other fuel as a source of energy.

Robots that are non-sentient and programmed to do certain tasks would not fit, as they lack bodily autonomy, only following their programming. Even if it was a mixture of biological and inorganic material, without the ability to actively seek out an energy source when necessary, the robot will eventually fail.
Going to a recharge station or having it’s battery replaced still would not mean it is an organism since those are either autonomous programmed behavior or done by an outside influence and if the only batter charger is unplugged the robot could not seek out a different source of power.

Androids would qualify as organisms in most media, since they tend to be either sentient or include advanced AI that can simulate critical thinking thus they have bodily autonomy and can seek out whatever power source they run on when necessary and solve scarcity problems with complex thinking, either creating or finding a different source of fuel.

It’s muddy for a roomba that gains sentience as that would theoretically give it bodily autonomy but barring whacky strings of lucky events or outside help, could not seek a different power source if the roomba docking station is unpowered. Personally I would say this does not count as an organism.

Another thought I toyed with is surviving inside something normally hazardous to your continued existence. Digestive tracts do not support life, they are caustic, lack oxygen, and are specifically purposed to tear molecules apart and repurpose them for the creatures benefit. A mech suit/car/gundam would not count as Endosoma because unless the creator is a psychopath like William Afton, it should be assumed the pilot of the suit is intended to survive the process of entering and exiting the vehicle. Also these vehicles mainly require a user to control it’s movements so it wouldn’t pass the bodily autonomy test either.

So to overcomplicate a kink, Endosoma to me is surviving inside the body of an organism when the expected outcome would be death.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk.
TootLunch
Been posting for a bit

Return to Endosomatophilia world