Ghosts & Japes

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Ghosts & Japes

Postby Assassincreed4 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:25 am

grz01, for me I press f4 to go into fullscreen
Assassincreed4
New to the forum

Postby Sixberry » Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:52 am

grz01 wrote:Gotta say I'm struggling to get the window of the game to a reasonable size too. I've read the posts on here about changing settings but the game when you go back in seemingly just changes it back to 0? Any ideas anyone please on how to get it to full screen please, or at least bigger than a postage stamp?

There are some options within the game itself, but I do agree that having the window so small to begin with was a bit... weird.
Sixberry
New to the forum

Postby SteveFloyd » Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:07 pm

grz01 wrote:Gotta say I'm struggling to get the window of the game to a reasonable size too. I've read the posts on here about changing settings but the game when you go back in seemingly just changes it back to 0? Any ideas anyone please on how to get it to full screen please, or at least bigger than a postage stamp?

What are you openeing the file with? For example: Browser, txt file or???
SteveFloyd
New to the forum

Postby Kalixanthis » Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:02 pm

I made a mod for this game! (CV) It adds an enemy, wolfgiest.

View the details here:
https://www.furaffinity.net/view/56077477

Or just download directly:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1F0e_6z ... sp=sharing
Kalixanthis
New to the forum

Postby leonthegreat » Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:34 am

Kalixanthis wrote:I made a mod for this game! (CV) It adds an enemy, wolfgiest.

View the details here:
https://www.furaffinity.net/view/56077477

Or just download directly:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1F0e_6z ... sp=sharing

neat mod, but if I could critique it a bit, I would have the dick and balls be not visible until after you get vored.
Always looking for a nice belly to relax in.
leonthegreat
Somewhat familiar

Postby InverseTacquito » Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:31 pm

Thesckass20 wrote:Alright so... I like the concept of the game. Its pretty good! The procedurally made levels, the character designs... But the game lacks some things which I think worsen the gameplay and make a casual play... into a hell comparable to Dark Souls in which you cant even save before a boss fight.

One thing is fighting ghosts in a wide space in which you still got wiggle room to avoid the ghosts, but another is... a VERY cramped room in which suddenly 6 ghosts appear and you can't hope to maneuver your way out before you're inevitably swallowed, escaping with the mouse struggle? I find it pretty good for a mechanic since those with agile wrists can afford 2-3 swallows... but what good is that skill if we keep getting mobbed by 6 ghosts that stick too close to our reespawn?

I'm aware of the strategy of flashing the light,sucking their energy and if you can't gobble it all just let go ... progressively weakening the ghosts, but still I find it pretty hard trying to clear the room while there's ghosts quickly spawning back and behind me and sending me into a struggle because the hitbox for the MC is too big. The game would benefit from longer reespawn times for enemies or maybe allow for the player character to have a smaller hitbox.

And another thing I haven't been able to figure out with the instructions is... how do you save/load the game? I managed to find 3 rooms with chests, find a box hidding spot... and I went for dinner only to restart the game and find myself out of the mansion at the start of the game, didn't die once in that playthrough.

The game's just a diamond in the brute 3.5 out of 5 I guess.

I'm inclined to agree, this is honestly just not enjoyable in its current state.

The controls aren't responsive enough for the fact that ghosts can spawn anywhere, including directly on top of you, and the lack of any free save is just too punishing. Especially when the loss scenes are supposed to be part of the draw for a game like this; you have to continuously start over, which just becomes tedious. And certainly not helping is the two screen options of "a window for ants" and "improperly ratioed full screen". Can't there just be a comfy middle-sized window? And if that has to expand the player's field of view for the room- good?

I'm not playing a fetish game to be frustrated; I don't know who would be.
"Anyone, anywhere can be a success. The key is lowering your standards."
InverseTacquito
Somewhat familiar

Postby nyanyan » Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:36 pm

I agree that the number of ghosts could be toned down a little. But I've found that the best thing to do is find a table or corner, and use that to lock the ghosts on the other side. They, for some reason which I'm glad for, can't phase through walls and furniture. As such, it's not too hard to use those to make it so only a couple can actually reach you at a time.

That said, in rooms where that's not an option, it is rather tough to avoid them. Best advice I have is look for a table or hallway and make sure you're close enough to a wall that they can't appear behind you. It's not foolproof, but it helps. I've made it to the third floor relatively easily that way.

Ideas for balance:
Decrease the spawn amount, at least on the first couple floors, because it feels like late game numbers after about halfway through floor one.
Decrease the flashlight 'recharge' so we don't get swamped while we can't defend ourselves after getting caught once and die because we can't escape the ghosts that move as fast as we do before our invincibility wears off.
Increase move speed, because, as mentioned, some of the ghosts move almost at our speed, often not letting us get away before invincibility wears off, leading to extra damage or even a run loss.
Lower health for early game ghosts. Some take forever, even when you're on the first couple rooms.
An actual tutorial of some sort.

I love the concept, a Luigi's Mansion rogulike vore game. Currently? Not quite there. I wouldn't be quite as harsh as the previous two, I'd give it a 4/5 instead of 3.5, but it definitely needs work. I had fun, after I figured out the table tech, but the first run or two I barely made it more than 4 or 5 rooms into the first floor.

Good luck.
nyanyan
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby SquishySofty » Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:26 pm

nyanyan wrote:Decrease the spawn amount, at least on the first couple floors, because it feels like late game numbers after about halfway through floor one.

I agree. On the first floor, I suggest 1 - 3 ghosts on the first floor. Then as the player progress to the next floor, the count increases slowly. This will slowly introduce the player into the core mechanics of the game, and the game only allows 4 ghosts to be on the map, even if there's like 1 or more ghosts waiting in line. I noticed that the ghost counter will continue to climb more and more as you progress up more floors.

nyanyan wrote:Decrease the flashlight 'recharge' so we don't get swamped while we can't defend ourselves after getting caught once and die because we can't escape the ghosts that move as fast as we do before our invincibility wears off.

If you recently escaped from the ghost's grasp, you'll have to wait until your invincibility frames goes off and wait a tiny couple second until you use the flashlight. The ghosts will ALWAYS track you even if you're invincible, instead of having all of the ghost stationary, or disappear until you recover. I agree with this change too, especially on a very tiny room where you have less walls/tables to go around and trap them.

Tsughos (Pink cat ghost) is a prime example of the ghost being so fast that you barely had time to outrun them. I think you should be able to gain a flash immediately after being released, or decrease the flash charge time.

nyanyan wrote:Increase move speed, because, as mentioned, some of the ghosts move almost at our speed, often not letting us get away before invincibility wears off, leading to extra damage or even a run loss.

Alternatively, decrease all of the ghost's speed. :-D

nyanyan wrote:Lower health for early game ghosts. Some take forever, even when you're on the first couple rooms.

The three main ghosts you start off in the first floor is Angello, Bunnygeist, and Tsughos.
Angello (Angel Ghost) has 30 health.
Bunnygeist (Gray bunny) has 40 health.
and Tsughos (Pink Cat ghost) has 20 health.

If I were to change the health of the earlier ghosts:
Angello is the easiest, which should change into 15 health.
Bunnygeist would change into 25 health.
and Tsughos is unchanged (20 Health).
Don't bother me... Move along and pretend I don't exist...
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby leonthegreat » Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:18 pm

SquishySofty wrote:
nyanyan wrote:Decrease the spawn amount, at least on the first couple floors, because it feels like late game numbers after about halfway through floor one.

I agree. On the first floor, I suggest 1 - 3 ghosts on the first floor. Then as the player progress to the next floor, the count increases slowly. This will slowly introduce the player into the core mechanics of the game, and the game only allows 4 ghosts to be on the map, even if there's like 1 or more ghosts waiting in line. I noticed that the ghost counter will continue to climb more and more as you progress up more floors.

nyanyan wrote:Decrease the flashlight 'recharge' so we don't get swamped while we can't defend ourselves after getting caught once and die because we can't escape the ghosts that move as fast as we do before our invincibility wears off.

If you recently escaped from the ghost's grasp, you'll have to wait until your invincibility frames goes off and wait a tiny couple second until you use the flashlight. The ghosts will ALWAYS track you even if you're invincible, instead of having all of the ghost stationary, or disappear until you recover. I agree with this change too, especially on a very tiny room where you have less walls/tables to go around and trap them.

Tsughos (Pink cat ghost) is a prime example of the ghost being so fast that you barely had time to outrun them. I think you should be able to gain a flash immediately after being released, or decrease the flash charge time.

nyanyan wrote:Increase move speed, because, as mentioned, some of the ghosts move almost at our speed, often not letting us get away before invincibility wears off, leading to extra damage or even a run loss.

Alternatively, decrease all of the ghost's speed. :-D

nyanyan wrote:Lower health for early game ghosts. Some take forever, even when you're on the first couple rooms.

The three main ghosts you start off in the first floor is Angello, Bunnygeist, and Tsughos.
Angello (Angel Ghost) has 30 health.
Bunnygeist (Gray bunny) has 40 health.
and Tsughos (Pink Cat ghost) has 20 health.

If I were to change the health of the earlier ghosts:
Angello is the easiest, which should change into 15 health.
Bunnygeist would change into 25 health.
and Tsughos is unchanged (20 Health).

I have to disagree on alot of this. Especially with the flashlight thing. If you get eaten, what I usually do is use the invincibility frames after escaping to herd the ghost right on me at first, then run away right before the invincibility fades. This almost always works for me, just depends on your placement. With the lower health at lower floors, I don't really see it as needed as they still go down really fast. The spawn count on the first floor is probably the only thing I agree with.
leonthegreat
Somewhat familiar

Postby Snorlaxkid » Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:36 pm

leonthegreat wrote:I have to disagree on alot of this. Especially with the flashlight thing. If you get eaten, what I usually do is use the invincibility frames after escaping to herd the ghost right on me at first, then run away right before the invincibility fades. This almost always works for me, just depends on your placement. With the lower health at lower floors, I don't really see it as needed as they still go down really fast. The spawn count on the first floor is probably the only thing I agree with.

This is a terribly risky strategy given the way the game works, and also not a very useful one for people without extremely good reaction times/senses for timing, there's no real indication for when your mercy invincibility is going to run out. And also ghosts don't have a slow down after turning, so actually this is a great way to get caught by faster ghosts as they'll outrun you when you pull your u-turn.
Snorlaxkid
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby SquishySofty » Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:08 pm

Snorlaxkid wrote:Ghosts don't have a slow down after turning, so actually this is a great way to get caught by faster ghosts as they'll outrun you when you pull your u-turn.

To add, most of the rooms are narrow and claustrophobic, giving less time for you to dodge and weave faster ghosts that can catch your u-turn.
This is exactly what I mean about ghosts that always precisely tracks the player, even to the point that they will cut corners to make sure that the player will be eaten.
Don't bother me... Move along and pretend I don't exist...
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Nibor » Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:31 pm

So, I noticed people have been talking about reducing the difficulty of the game, and I agree, it DOES start out way too hard. Personally, I think the cat ghosts (Apparently named Tsughos if the previous posts are correct) Appear WAY too often and WAY too early for how difficult they are to avoid, thanks to being the fastest ghost you can encounter. I swear, I've been stuck on floor 1 because of them. I propose leaving them out of the first few rooms and only bringing them in when you get close to the end.
Eka's resident lurker Yoshi!
My character list
Nibor
???

Postby Sixberry » Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:48 pm

Nibor wrote:So, I noticed people have been talking about reducing the difficulty of the game, and I agree, it DOES start out way too hard. Personally, I think the cat ghosts (Apparently named Tsughos if the previous posts are correct) Appear WAY too often and WAY too early for how difficult they are to avoid, thanks to being the fastest ghost you can encounter. I swear, I've been stuck on floor 1 because of them. I propose leaving them out of the first few rooms and only bringing them in when you get close to the end.

it's more a case of how the devs have handled I-frames and how being caught prevents the player from stunning ghosts before said I-frames end.
There's no real way to stop a catch loop once it starts, unless you have geometry to work with. There's about a .5 second delay between your I-frames ending, and your lantern cooldown ending, so it's a fairly large wonder that things are as they are.
Sixberry
New to the forum

Postby G2PLAY » Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:17 pm

I might suggest a new enemy that only comes when lights are out (no power left) after a minute or so they spawn in and are unescapable if caught but there very slow and can’t be sucked by the vacuum but they act as a timer chasing you over the next room from where the door is after 5-10seconds to put pressure in (run to the next floor) usually these types of enemies are called reapers but you can call however you want
G2PLAY
Been posting for a bit

Postby leonthegreat » Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:00 pm

Snorlaxkid wrote:
leonthegreat wrote:I have to disagree on alot of this. Especially with the flashlight thing. If you get eaten, what I usually do is use the invincibility frames after escaping to herd the ghost right on me at first, then run away right before the invincibility fades. This almost always works for me, just depends on your placement. With the lower health at lower floors, I don't really see it as needed as they still go down really fast. The spawn count on the first floor is probably the only thing I agree with.

This is a terribly risky strategy given the way the game works, and also not a very useful one for people without extremely good reaction times/senses for timing, there's no real indication for when your mercy invincibility is going to run out. And also ghosts don't have a slow down after turning, so actually this is a great way to get caught by faster ghosts as they'll outrun you when you pull your u-turn.

The invincibility lasts the same amount of time each time. Once you get the feel for it, it is pretty easy. Also, you need to position yourself properly, that is what I mean by herding. Obviously if your positioning is bad, it gets harder. But over all, I find the game much too easy.
leonthegreat
Somewhat familiar

Postby leonthegreat » Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:02 pm

Sixberry wrote:
Nibor wrote:[color=#008080]
There's no real way to stop a catch loop once it starts, unless you have geometry to work with. There's about a .5 second delay between your I-frames ending, and your lantern cooldown ending, so it's a fairly large wonder that things are as they are.

I disagree completely. I have never been caught in an infinite loop like you describe, and I have played up to level 20.
leonthegreat
Somewhat familiar

Postby Morkeleb » Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:17 am

honestly I don't get the complaints about it being hard. Sure it starts out hard, but once you get used to the gameplay it gets very very easy. Even the nightmare level where every room is dark and all ghosts are randomized is no problem for me now. I crush them allll! MUWAHAHAHAHHAHAHA. Ahem. Excuse me.
Morkeleb
Somewhat familiar

Postby nyanyan » Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:56 am

I agree, once you get good at the game it's not too hard. But you can say that about any game. Dark Souls III, for instance, I was so good at it at one point that I was doing challenge runs because it was too easy. Fist only, no health upgrades or armor, etc. I could perfect the final boss with little effort. Only took me a couple weeks of almost non-stop playing.

The problem here is that it doesn't start you off slowly, like it probably should. Even Souls-like games start you of, relatively, slow. some super easy enemies spread out over a somewhat open area, not 5-8 that swarm you before you've had time to even figure out the controls or timings.

We're just saying that the first few rooms, at least, should be toned down a bit to let a new player, that isn't used to the gameplay yet, get their bearings.
nyanyan
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby jeveasy » Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:17 pm

Magi is a menace. If I made a tier list, she would be the most dangerous ghost.
jeveasy
Been posting for a bit

Previous

Return to Vore game