Fishfat - Vore Soulslike - Beta Demo OUT NOW!

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Fishfat - Vore Soulslike - Beta Demo OUT NOW!

Postby TheZDude » Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:11 am

I'm currently working on a new vore/body exploration game. Currently it's in the beta stage. A playable demo is available.

Fishfat is an action platformer soulslike about escaping your fate post-digestion. Fight the souls of your predator's previous meals in order to make it out of her body.

Screenshots:
Spoiler: show

Fetish Content:
Female pred
Feral pred
Soul vore
Oral vore
Sentient fat

Planned Gameplay Content:
6 levels taking place within different organs of the digestive system
5 different weapons
7 unique boss fights
18 enemy types

Changelog:
----------------------------------
V0.1.1
ALT+ENTER can now be pressed to enter and exit fullscreen mode
J,K, and L can now be used in place of Left Mouse, Right Mouse, and Mouse Scroll respectively
Raised the lower cap on the sardine boss' rate of attack from once per 1.5 seconds to once per 2.6 seconds
----------------------------------
V0.1
-First public release

Some things to note!
There is a slider for music volume but there is currently no music. Of the disciplines that game design requires, composition is the one I have the least experience with. If someone would like to volunteer to help me with that, I'd appreciate it greatly. If not, I'll get around to doing it myself eventually.
As development continues, it's possible that your save files will become incompatible with the new version. If an update comes out and the game crashes when you try to start up an old save, that's the most likely explanation.
All weapons besides the shortsword have not been tested for balance very rigorously. Let me know how they feel to use.

WINDOWS DOWNLOAD (V0.1.1): https://mega.nz/file/K7oXDDAI#9X41tobOQ ... FsmDbUf6Qs

Accepted:
---------------------------
-Give the player's charging animations more distinction
-Add a setting to reduce camera movement.

Considered (might be accepted later):
---------------------------
-Add a vore attack to the boss
-Raise the damage of the spear/increase the size of its hitbox
-Increase the size of all thrust attack hotboxes

Currently working on: Accepting feedback
What's done (for this milestone):
N/A

Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5F7h3dwpKM

While you're here check out my previous game, Guts: https://aryion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=63830
Last edited by TheZDude on Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:31 pm, edited 31 times in total.
TheZDude
Somewhat familiar

Re: Fishfat - Vore Soulslike - Pre-Alpha in progress

Postby VillagerLv1 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:43 am

Oh sound interesting! i want to try when prototype is out :-D
VillagerLv1
New to the forum

Postby wakkoratti » Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:00 am

This looks interesting indeed.
-_- So sincere.
wakkoratti
Been posting for a bit

Postby daeway » Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:33 pm

Got any ideas for a stor for this game? Who's the player? Who was the pred? Is she a giantess? A cannibal (same-size, hard and/or soft)? An animal?
How do we escape? Are we soul passing onto heaven, a past life going to reincarnate as someone new, or maybe just some bad gas?
daeway
Participator

Postby TheZDude » Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:36 pm

daeway wrote:Got any ideas for a stor for this game? Who's the player? Who was the pred? Is she a giantess? A cannibal (same-size, hard and/or soft)? An animal?
How do we escape? Are we soul passing onto heaven, a past life going to reincarnate as someone new, or maybe just some bad gas?

The player is an unnamed human who was eaten by Akai (my soul-collecting shark character). In a rare circumstance, the player's soul is freed from her fat. The ideal outcome of that is ascending to heaven, or some equivalent afterlife.
TheZDude
Somewhat familiar

Postby leonthegreat » Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:27 pm

TheZDude wrote:I'm currently working on a new vore/body exporation game. Currently it's in the pre-alpha stage, and I'm hoping to get a playable demo out soon.

Fishfat will be an action platformer soulslike about escaping your fate post-digestion. Fight the souls of your predator's previous meals in order to make it out of her body.

Planned Fetish Content:
Female pred
Feral pred
Soul vore
Oral vore
Sentient fat

Planned Gameplay Content:
6 levels taking place within different organs of the digestive system
5 different weapons
7 unique boss fights
18 enemy types

While you're here check out my previous game, Guts: https://aryion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=63830

This looks awesome. I look forward to playing it.
Always looking for a nice belly to relax in.
leonthegreat
Somewhat familiar

Postby Natzkyun » Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:52 am

I'm definitely interested in this one. I'll be keeping a close eye on it, sounds great so far.
Natzkyun
New to the forum

Postby Dogebutbetter » Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:16 am

Oh you made guts? This might actually be pretty good.
Dogebutbetter
New to the forum

Re: Fishfat - Vore Soulslike - Beta in progress

Postby TheZDude » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:54 pm

After months of work, the demo is complete. You can download it from the link in the main post.
Hopefully it was worth the wait. Let me know what you think.
TheZDude
Somewhat familiar

Re: Fishfat - Vore Soulslike - Beta Demo OUT NOW!

Postby randomguy9 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:19 pm

It's looking good, but I have a couple of criticisms:

* Enemies don't suffer any kind of knockback or stun from getting hit by sword swings. This means they can damage you in between swings, which means that the only way to reliably kill anything is to damage boost through them while swinging your sword.

* The fish enemies in particular seem almost impossible to kill thanks to the above mechanics, and due to the way they aggressively chase you I haven't been able to get past the second checkpoint.
randomguy9
Somewhat familiar

Postby TheZDude » Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:27 pm

randomguy9 wrote:It's looking good, but I have a couple of criticisms:

* Enemies don't suffer any kind of knockback or stun from getting hit by sword swings. This means they can damage you in between swings, which means that the only way to reliably kill anything is to damage boost through them while swinging your sword.

* The fish enemies in particular seem almost impossible to kill thanks to the above mechanics, and due to the way they aggressively chase you I haven't been able to get past the second checkpoint.

Charge up your attacks before hitting them.
TheZDude
Somewhat familiar

Postby justanotherdragon » Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:11 pm

The boss's last phase is unproportionately difficult, especially because you can very easily be stun-locked. If you normal swing was more balanced or the charge swing was more rewarding, then it would feel more doable, but at the moment the final phase is just a lot of BS thrown at you with very little means to counterattack. It's also extremely BS that you lose your charge when you get hit, it makes the game a bit of a drag to play.

Give me some i-frames and give me some swing. If it's a soulslike then deaths are supposed to feel like my fault, not like the game is actively working against me.
justanotherdragon
Been posting for a bit

Postby TheZDude » Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:25 pm

justanotherdragon wrote:The boss's last phase is unproportionately difficult, especially because you can very easily be stun-locked. If you normal swing was more balanced or the charge swing was more rewarding, then it would feel more doable, but at the moment the final phase is just a lot of BS thrown at you with very little means to counterattack. It's also extremely BS that you lose your charge when you get hit, it makes the game a bit of a drag to play.

Give me some i-frames and give me some swing. If it's a soulslike then deaths are supposed to feel like my fault, not like the game is actively working against me.

I'm sorry. I'll look into it.
TheZDude
Somewhat familiar

Postby UnidentifiedTurian » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:40 pm

This is a really Cool game and I like the setup, but I would like an option to make the game windowed and bind attack and block to keyboard buttons.
UnidentifiedTurian
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby TheZDude » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:43 pm

UnidentifiedTurian wrote:This is a really Cool game and I like the setup, but I would like an option to make the game windowed and bind attack and block to keyboard buttons.

I'll see what I can do. Would you be able to aim without use of the mouse, though?
TheZDude
Somewhat familiar

Postby SmilingSoviet » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:10 pm

Great game! I've been having a ton of fun with it. Beat the first boss twice now, hoping for another level soon! I'll be watching with keen interest! Movement feels good, and it is punishing to miss an attack but not too difficult to land them once you get the hang of it.

A few tips for those struggling- Charge attack will 1 hit kill almost all enemies excluding the catfish and the boss. Sardines can easily be baited into a charge attack for an instant no damage kill. The 2nd charge attack is better that the first for dealing with them in my opinion. As far as the boss goes, shield is your friend and can help make it almost trivial. Same goes for magic missile, make sure you have full MP for the fight.

Catfish is REALLY tough to do without damage, only managed it a couple times.
SmilingSoviet
New to the forum

Postby Rubiont-47 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:45 pm

I would suggest to make screenshots smaller. They are not really visible on preview.
Sorry for my bad english.
Made in Russia.
Make some pixels.
Rubiont-47
Participator

Postby dagar » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:41 am

The boss is a bit of a pain, but I found some techniques to get through. XD I'm unsure of the balance entirely between some of the weapons yet as I've only cleared once. I did, however, enjoy just leaving that "# days as fat" screen going. I think I tabbed back to that instance of the game at about 6000 days. XD I'm hoping that things like getting swallowed by the catfish makes us have that wait time as just fat before we get to move again. I had heal, shield, crab, and minnow buffs by the end. The shield almost felt necessary to beat the boss with, since at the last bit he literally does not stop shooting.
dagar
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby empatheticapathy » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:39 am

TheZDude wrote:
UnidentifiedTurian wrote:This is a really Cool game and I like the setup, but I would like an option to make the game windowed and bind attack and block to keyboard buttons.

I'll see what I can do. Would you be able to aim without use of the mouse, though?

Absolutely. Attacks are aimed either left or right, depending which direction the player last moved in. Isn't that how it works now in fact?
And if there's going to be attacks that can be aimed in other directions, you could simply bind attack directions to the numpad; ie: 4 aims left, 8 aims up, and so on.
I'd really love an all-keyboard system because using the mouse and keyboard together is super awkward. It actually started hurting my hands after a bit.
empatheticapathy
---

Postby TheZDude » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:41 am

empatheticapathy wrote:
TheZDude wrote:

Absolutely. Attacks are aimed either left or right, depending which direction the player last moved in. Isn't that how it works now in fact?
And if there's going to be attacks that can be aimed in other directions, you could simply bind attack directions to the numpad; ie: 4 aims left, 8 aims up, and so on.
I'd really love an all-keyboard system because using the mouse and keyboard together is super awkward.

While that might work for melee attacks, some offhands are aimed with the mouse. That's why the pointer points from the position of your character. I don't think that level of aiming is replicable on a keyboard.
TheZDude
Somewhat familiar

Next

Return to Vore game