ABASHONJE

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

ABASHONJE

Postby Tavorion » Wed Sep 06, 2023 5:23 am

https://tavorion.itch.io/abashonje

The newly-independent city-state of Hegalé suffers from many problems, and the ruling council, the Daughters of Leopold, seem unable to solve anything. As a sinister plot is prepared from the shadows, can our unfortunate and aloof hero, Bandile Nkrumah, find a place for himself in a collapsing city?

Tavorion
Been posting for a bit

Re: ABASHONJE

Postby Tavorion » Wed Sep 06, 2023 5:25 am

The first part of ABASHONJE is now out! This will be the first part of three, although the next parts might take a while longer as I'm about to be busier in real life. I considered tying the plot up at the end of part 1, but I've done too much good setup to just not do the intended story. It's too cool, it needs to exist! I'll probably be slower producing these next parts though.

I'll leave you with my favorite quote I found while researching the game, from Zairean president Mobutu Sese Seko while addressing the army: "You have guns; you don't need a salary." Until next time, take care of yourselves!
Tavorion
Been posting for a bit

Postby forumlurker » Wed Sep 06, 2023 6:41 am

I really liked your previous games, but I'd like to ask whether there is a way to speed up text. The game pauses after each comma and dot and there's a lot of them which really slows the game down a little to much for me.
forumlurker
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Tavorion » Wed Sep 06, 2023 7:05 am

I really liked your previous games, but I'd like to ask whether there is a way to speed up text. The game pauses after each comma and dot and there's a lot of them which really slows the game down a little to much for me.

There's no fast forward button. If you click on the text before it's finished typing out, it'll speed up, although you have to do that every time. I also just discovered that pressing 'Enter' will progress the text after you've clicked on the text box once to 'lock in' to that button, needing to be refreshed after you click a different button or change scene, so that's wacky.
Tavorion
Been posting for a bit

Postby aquarious1234 » Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:16 am

Its glitching for me when I want to cross the gate all I see is purple color.
aquarious1234
New to the forum

Postby NeedADispenserHere » Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:43 am

Can't continue any dialogue, locking me in the first scene
NeedADispenserHere
New to the forum

Postby Robaticon » Wed Sep 06, 2023 11:34 am

Loved your game mate!
Looking forwards for the next parts.
Robaticon
New to the forum

Postby aperson1234567890 » Wed Sep 06, 2023 1:04 pm

Played through all of part one and it seems pretty good so far! I do have a couple questions though, does the game autosave or do you have to save manually and if it's the latter, how? So how many scenes are available in part one? Maybe I just made every wrong choice but I only saw the two with the teacher. Also I would recommend putting a text box with the controls at the beginning. I spent an embarrassingly long time trying to figure out how to proceed cause I thought the "Press space to interact" was telling me to interact with something in order to continue.
aperson1234567890
Been posting for a bit

Postby Tavorion » Wed Sep 06, 2023 1:09 pm

Loved your game mate!
Looking forwards for the next parts.

Great, thank you!

Can't continue any dialogue, locking me in the first scene

Hmm. This is a complaint people have made about the previous games as well, and I've never been able to determine why it happens. But I remember you've gotten my games to work before, and now your having this issue, which is interesting. I really want to get to the bottom of this but I can't replicate the problem myself >.>

Its glitching for me when I want to cross the gate all I see is purple color.

I don't understand the problem, so I can't really help, alas. I can only assure you that I've gotten the web browser and downloadable versions to work myself.
Tavorion
Been posting for a bit

Postby Tavorion » Wed Sep 06, 2023 1:39 pm

Played through all of part one and it seems pretty good so far! I do have a couple questions though, does the game autosave or do you have to save manually and if it's the latter, how? So how many scenes are available in part one? Maybe I just made every wrong choice but I only saw the two with the teacher. Also I would recommend putting a text box with the controls at the beginning. I spent an embarrassingly long time trying to figure out how to proceed cause I thought the "Press space to interact" was telling me to interact with something in order to continue.

The game autosaves at the end of each day. I might get round to adding a 'game saved' text prompt every time it saves like I did in Hunger of the Fifth Sunset. Also, from the sound of it you haven't played the entire game; it'll say "PART 1 COMPLETE" when you're done. When did you think the game was finished?
Spoiler: show
There's a few seconds of black screen after you pass out in Talumba's stomach, and there's also a few seconds of black screen when you go to bed at the end of that day. I hope you didn't think the game was finished lol. Or if the game froze, I'd appreciate it if you told me where.
Tavorion
Been posting for a bit

Postby aperson1234567890 » Wed Sep 06, 2023 2:11 pm

The game autosaves at the end of each day. I might get round to adding a 'game saved' text prompt every time it saves like I did in Hunger of the Fifth Sunset. Also, from the sound of it you haven't played the entire game; it'll say "PART 1 COMPLETE" when you're done. When did you think the game was finished?
There's a few seconds of black screen after you pass out in Talumba's stomach, and there's also a few seconds of black screen when you go to bed at the end of that day. I hope you didn't think the game was finished lol. Or if the game froze, I'd appreciate it if you told me where.

I saw it say "Part 1 Complete" and it had the disabled cat who's name eludes me that belonged to Hope. I will do a correction on the scenes I saw. I did get the scene at the end where
you are shrunken by Amira and are saved
Otherwise, did I somehow manage to evade every optional scene? That would be exactly my luck.
aperson1234567890
Been posting for a bit

Postby Tavorion » Wed Sep 06, 2023 2:55 pm

I saw it say "Part 1 Complete" and it had the disabled cat who's name eludes me that belonged to Hope. I will do a correction on the scenes I saw. I did get the scene at the end where
you are shrunken by Amira and are saved

Otherwise, did I somehow manage to evade every optional scene? That would be exactly my luck.

Oh yeah, then you did pretty much the entire thing. I never named the cat.
The main two 'choices' are 1) whether Munnira has been fed and becomes human again, or 2) you can meet Gazala by going to the second floor of Talumba's apartment complex and pressing 'G' at the marked door like Thomas told you to the previous day in the Amazon camp. This means you can lead Bernard to Gazala the next day for a bonus scene... These change the ending conversation significantly, although the plot is still left in more or less the same place. Other than that, there's a few very minor changes to dialog based on whether you peeped at Talumba overnight, asked out Hope or saw Munnira in your room.
Tavorion
Been posting for a bit

Postby forumlurker » Wed Sep 06, 2023 3:11 pm

Really liked the game again. Dialogue speed remained a bit of an annoyance and I would like to be able to replay days again like in a previous game to get back to some scenes easier. The game really teased some more vore scenes and I'm actually a bit let down by the fact that there is no way for
Amira to finish the job for example. Or to get a proper "game over".
But apart from that, top notch work.
forumlurker
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Tavorion » Wed Sep 06, 2023 3:34 pm

Really liked the game again. Dialogue speed remained a bit of an annoyance and I would like to be able to replay days again like in a previous game to get back to some scenes easier. The game really teased some more vore scenes and I'm actually a bit let down by the fact that there is no way for
Amira to finish the job for example. Or to get a proper "game over".

But apart from that, top notch work.

Thank you! Being able to select any day is complex when you have decisions that have impact into the future, meaning I've generally had to choose between being linear or not having a chapter select.
And as for game overs, it's a bit difficult to include from a game design perspective. Either you have to make some sort of minigame which can be lost (which is a lot of effort) or you just have a "get eaten/ make stupid choice" button, then you get sent back to shortly before. Although, maybe I'm overthinking it. Maybe the fans just want to see Bandile get eaten and digested by Talumba and Amira 8) I'll think about it, it could be pretty cool and it's something small enough I could feasibly do in the next few days I'm still free and bored.
Tavorion
Been posting for a bit

Postby aperson1234567890 » Wed Sep 06, 2023 4:41 pm

Thank you! Being able to select any day is complex when you have decisions that have impact into the future, meaning I've generally had to choose between being linear or not having a chapter select.
And as for game overs, it's a bit difficult to include from a game design perspective. Either you have to make some sort of minigame which can be lost (which is a lot of effort) or you just have a "get eaten/ make stupid choice" button, then you get sent back to shortly before. Although, maybe I'm overthinking it. Maybe the fans just want to see Bandile get eaten and digested by Talumba and Amira 8) I'll think about it, it could be pretty cool and it's something small enough I could feasibly do in the next few days I'm still free and bored.

Well I'm down for whatever path you choose to take things. Personally I'm more interested in Munnira, honestly I'd be down for scenes with either form. Can never get enough big cats or catgirls.
aperson1234567890
Been posting for a bit

Postby NeedADispenserHere » Thu Sep 07, 2023 4:39 am

Tavorion wrote:

Hmm. This is a complaint people have made about the previous games as well, and I've never been able to determine why it happens. But I remember you've gotten my games to work before, and now your having this issue, which is interesting. I really want to get to the bottom of this but I can't replicate the problem myself >.>

If that can be of any help, I can correctly go further after the first text box with green text while talking with the soldier at the entrance. It becomes impossible to go further after he starts talking.

Talking with the lady a bit further, the dialogue can keep up until the main characters starts talking, saying "yeah,".

Talking to the guard on the other side of the stage, it just says "The gendarme blocks my path" while locking you down in the textbox, which is kinda hilarious to be fair.

...If there is something specific that should, each time, be triggering when the next textbox should appear, maybe it could be what causes the issue ?
NeedADispenserHere
New to the forum

Postby Tavorion » Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:48 am

...If there is something specific that should, each time, be triggering when the next textbox should appear, maybe it could be what causes the issue ?

That does help to narrow the problem down, yes. Usually, there's a brief pause after all punctuation; clearly the printer is breaking whenever it reaches one of these pauses. I still don't know how that would be fixed though. I'll try and find the code in the asset pack that handles the pauses.
Tavorion
Been posting for a bit

Postby Tavorion » Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:33 am

Alright fellas I had an ingenious idea. I found the code that handles the pauses and I commented it all, meaning that the 'wait' function is now completely empty. This means there are no longer any in-text pauses in the game. However, I want to check if it solves the problem and I want to check I didn't break anything else before rolling it out on ABASHONJE and The Tavorion Collection. So would someone who was having the problem where the textbox would freeze please download the version of the game "ABASHONJE (Bug testing, don't download this one unless I told you to)" and tell me if it's solved the problem. If it has, then do please keep playing to test if anything else has broken. Any help is much appreciated :D
Tavorion
Been posting for a bit

Postby boubarkov2 » Thu Sep 07, 2023 2:27 pm

It solves the pb for me. Thanks.
boubarkov2
New to the forum

Postby gbboyth » Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:52 pm

It's very difficult to capture the weirdness of day-to-day life in a country that's collapsing and on the brink of genocide. I never would have imagined a vore game would attempt it, much less manage to actually do it, but you have. Great work, I'll be happily waiting for the second part!
gbboyth
Somewhat familiar

Next

Return to Vore game