Katty's Vorny Aventures

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Katty's Vorny Aventures

Postby ShortKatty » Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:04 am

Hi there, I have been luring around here for a bit before I decide to try making something by myself. I wanted to make a game that gave the plaer a lot of free choice. Having played games such as kenshi, dark souls, the withcer 3 and fallout nv I tried implementing some of the things I loved in those games to my own although in a bit more of an rpg maker style. but enough about me and working on this game more about the game and vore!

changelog
    - "fixed" the character customizer
    - Stopped the ambient inn noices from playing outside the inn
    - Oni's can howl now
    - You no longer get the one hit kill anything Character by talking to a totem
    - Jane will no longer go to sleep after talking to her

The main story
One day you wake up to find yourelf summoned by the goddess. She allows you to become whoever you want to be before sending you down into her world. From that point onward whatever you choose to do is up to you. Do you want to become an apex predator or do you rather end up as a pile of shit asap. Become a hero or the slave of some bandits, a merchant, a chef or a famous criminal the choices are all yours.

mechanic
    Lived in companions: The companions that can join you on your adventures react to places you go and invest themselves in talks you have with other people!
    Character customization: You can decide the appearance and the class of your character yourself. Togheter with stuff like if you want to get warnings beforehand or not and ofcourse if you want scat scenes or not!
    Class system: Like mentioned before there is a class system. As the player you will start of with one of 3 possible classes. A pred, a switch or a prey class. Each one of them has their own skills and passive buffs. Tho currently the pred class is strongest.
    to be added: A working vore battle system, owning a bussiness, building up a town or base, A crafting system. You should look forward to them in the future.

Currently you can experience about 1 quest on both the easy run and the hard run. The hard run is a bit shorter because there is not much side content to find there. But it is fun for those wanting to Fight a lot or have a hard vore prey scene. The easy run has the added side content of the foggy woods where the problems are not just getting trough the woods but also what lies on the other end of the woods.

get the game:
you can get the free version of the game here: https://mega.nz/folder/NzERXTpK#-zf4nrfN1QL7Qn8rPosAiA
I do have a patreon set up where you can get early access to the game as it gets more content, togheter with some other nice extra's
patreon: https://www.patreon.com/ShortyKatty
Last edited by ShortKatty on Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:54 am, edited 3 times in total.
ShortKatty
New to the forum

Re: Katty's Vorny Aventures

Postby Firon » Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:09 am

if you are going to give a google drive link...don't make it private
Firon
---

Postby Timi » Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:18 am

So why is it private? I can't access the game
Timi
New to the forum

Postby aperson1234567890 » Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:53 am

It's probably just a mistake on the dev's part. Give them a bit to be free and they'll fix it.
aperson1234567890
Been posting for a bit

Postby ShortKatty » Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:16 pm

HI sorry for the wait it turned out i shared the link wrong. It is updated now thankyou for your patience and please enjoy.
I'm very sorry im a bit of a clutch from time to time.
ShortKatty
New to the forum

Postby SpaceHump » Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:34 pm

Already found a bug. The player's character never updates as you leave the dream in the begining.

SpaceHump
Been posting for a bit

Postby ShortKatty » Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:49 pm

SpaceHump wrote:Already found a bug. The player's character never updates as you leave the dream in the begining.

[ https://i.imgur.com/ZGEYQAq.png ]

Could you send me the steps you took beforehand in pm?
I tried it out for myself and it worked fine. I'll look into this however to see if I can fix it some way.
ShortKatty
New to the forum

Postby vore21b » Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:40 pm

SpaceHump wrote:Already found a bug. The player's character never updates as you leave the dream in the begining.

[ https://i.imgur.com/ZGEYQAq.png ]

i also got the blue ghost when i started
vore21b
Been posting for a bit

Postby Foxymew » Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:03 pm

The bottom right crystal doesn't seem to do much. It talks as if it's supposed to give you a character editor, but doesn't.
Talking to the DLC totem gave me a Katty NPC that just started following me around, including into the 'real world' as it were.
Still a blue ghost, presumably because of the character editor not working. I talked to it twice. Katty spoke as if I had changed model.

Text keeps referencing what I assume might be icons? <CC Face: 1> In any case, I feel pretty confident they shouldn't be in the text...
Ambient noise from the Inn doesn't properly stop when you leave, giving you random background chatter as you're in the town.
There's a missing animation "Howl.png" which makes the first oni fight not progress. (easy path)

And I guess that's about as far as I got. Didn't feel like putting in a dummy file to see more at this point.
Foxymew
Been posting for a bit

Postby Schagura » Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:22 pm

So... a couple of bugs that I found:
- Bottom right Crystal does nothing, neither before or after changing class, scat, or surprises.
- Talking to the DLC Totem will spawn a Katty Character as a Follower, that follows you into the real World.
- Every Text box from the player has <CC Face: 1>, probably because the character customizer couldn't load?
- Name Boxes disappear after the second text box of an Event opens.
- Touch based Events constantly trigger if you activate them.
- The Investigator in the wagon constantly goes back to sleep after talking to her, though her sprite doesn't change. (And when walking over the second last tile her speech repeats)
- Both the Red and Blue Oni Enemies hardlock the game, their Attack Animation "Howl1" can't be loaded. (Which makes sense, since there is no "Howl1" Animation in the game folder)
- For some reason Discord recognizes the game as "The Sexy Brutale"?? No idea what that is..

That's what I could find from the Easy Start.

Now to more opinion stuff:
- The first Village in the easy path is the "Mountain Village" which comes with RPG Maker MV. Nothing wrong with using a pre-made Map, but.. it instantly shows a lack of polish and care IMO
- Same with the Noble Mansion.
- There are a bunch of grammar and spelling mistakes everywhere.. Too many to count really.. Maybe put the sentences into MS Word or something similar to fix the errors?
- You have the Quest Plugin, but when talking to Layla or the Investigator you don't get a Quest to keep track of things.
- The Vore Scenes have no length, nor Images or Sound effects to them

And lasty, your "To be added" section..
It reeks of "Feature Creep". A bunch of stuff that seems to be thrown in, not because it makes sense, but because you want to. Which I can understand, you wanna give Players something to do besides just Vore.
But.. if this is the first impression you give.. I can't help but be very sceptical of your proposal of adding all these features.. plus the fact that the player can choose between a bunch of different "paths" to go down..

Still, I do wish you luck in your game making!
regards
Schagura
Schagura
Somewhat familiar

Postby NekoYuki » Mon Jul 24, 2023 3:23 pm

Schagura wrote:So... a couple of bugs that I found:

Now to more opinion stuff:
- The first Village in the easy path is the "Mountain Village" which comes with RPG Maker MV. Nothing wrong with using a pre-made Map, but.. it instantly shows a lack of polish and care IMO
- Same with the Noble Mansion.

I thought i recognised those
Ask to see my various OC and world setting
NekoYuki
???

Postby ShortKatty » Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:50 pm

Hi all thanks for the feedback so far! I (hopefully fixed) some of the worst bugs plagueing the first build. Most of them seem to be because i chose to check exclude unused files the first time i deployed the game. It is my first ever rpg maker project and I have much to learn so sorry if I make any more rookie mistakes in the future. Know that im using all your feedback as way to improve the game little by little. If you have any feedback no matter how minor or opinionated feel free to tell me.
ShortKatty
New to the forum

Postby Esthia » Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:45 pm

I think criticism made so far is fair, another thing I want to say is about patreon timing : there is nothing wrong with setting up a patreon for community support but you have to consider how your game is doing when compared with the big ones, like Openvore which is clearly the dominating sandbox game of the Portal. Maybe you could polish the game, add a few updates and then monetize your updates as things get more polished !

I don't have a vore project to work on atm, maybe I could give you a free hand in terms of writing ? If so, I will gladly speak on discord !
Esthia
New to the forum

Postby vore21b » Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:55 pm

where do you find any weapons
vore21b
Been posting for a bit

Postby Kitsunetheghost » Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:57 pm

Losing the fight in the hostile camp area fails to trigger any sort of follow up or game over, leaving you stuck in place.
it's probably me but I couldn't find any equipment or even a place to heal in the easy beginning area.
several options don't seem to actually do anything as the trigger might not be correctly connected
the amount of forced lose gold even this early on just seems pointlessly cruel
the dialog seems rushed and almost like an after thought
combat skills are either not working as intended with the ai repeatedly using skills that do nothing while the churn skill doesn't seem to even bother to check if you have been swallowed first leading to both prey skill also being useless as a result
giving a hint that smoke is useful on a foe and then having that foe ignore the status effect entirely though just spamming aoe magic is irritating at best
you might want to look into rebalancing early encounters as they seem to have absolutely zero effort put into them.
the smoke status just does far too much making your character utterly useless in the easy begining, perhaps look into making the amount of damage fixed and adjusting enemy hp as de-buffing accuracy is rather potent... when the enemy isn't using magic that ignores checking for it.
a combat tutorial while dull is always of importance if you have any non-standard mechanics
there is an intent to make a at least decent game but I think you might have tripped before the starting line in trying to get it out.
Kitsunetheghost
New to the forum

Postby umakeisee » Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:07 pm

Google drive says download limit has been reached. Mediafire or Megaupload are better options.
Artist previously known as yourface5672.
umakeisee
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Aickavon12 » Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:28 pm

the intro screen definitely showed a lot of potential but so far the game is lacking in a lot of departments. I'd recommend focusing on one path for now and flesh out some actual vore scenes with proper triggers, or mayhaps some world building. Lot of bugs but that's a 0.0.1 for ya, bugs abound.

I recommend trying to focus on one scene at a time, mastering it, then working on the next one. Once you got at least 30-40 minutes of content. Release it and watch all the bugs get found. Fix all the bugs, release that fix. Then start working one the new content while the bugs still get found out.
This song is dedicated to Eka.

Never gonna give you up! Never Gonna let you down! Never gonna run around, desert you!
Aickavon12
???

Postby Manchura » Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:48 pm

this has potential...but it's for sure going to go through some growing pains considering what is here already
Manchura
Somewhat familiar

Postby VigorousJazzHands » Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:50 am

I agree with most of what others have said here. Pretty promising start but with a myriad of key problems that need solving like gameplay balancing, vore scene length and bugs. I also don't know what the point of the disposal toggle is since as far as I could tell none of the scenes included it even when it was enabled. I'm in favor of the stated direction you want to take the game in and your goals, but it's extremely ambitious, will take a huge amount of time & effort and may be setting your sights a bit too high for a first time developer.
VigorousJazzHands
Somewhat familiar

Postby HoneyCookie » Tue Jul 25, 2023 5:01 am

Hello.

The demo have only the jail map, or I am wrong?
HoneyCookie
Been posting for a bit

Next

Return to Vore game