Pokémon: Snake Green - NEW DEMO BUILD 10/07

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Pokémon: Snake Green - NEW DEMO BUILD 10/07

Postby Cartography » Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:55 am

Whenever I try to start, I get a message saying "No game scripts specified (missing Game.ini?)" and it won't let me start the game. Did I do something wrong? Please help.
Cartography
New to the forum

Postby Joily » Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:19 pm

Cartography wrote:Whenever I try to start, I get a message saying "No game scripts specified (missing Game.ini?)" and it won't let me start the game. Did I do something wrong? Please help.

Try exporting it onto your desktop and trying again. No idea why this works, but it seems to work.
Joily
Somewhat familiar

Postby Cartography » Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:38 pm

I did that, and, lo and behold, it works now. What a bizarre fix. Oh well, shouldn't look a gift Rapidash in the mouth. Follow up question, is it safe to move it somewhere else? On the off chance that I need to show someone my screen or whatever, I like to keep my v0re stuff well away from the desktop. Can I move it without causing it to fail again?
Cartography
New to the forum

Postby Cartography » Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:48 pm

Sending in two small extra questions in addition to my above question, since now I can play the game, I've been struggling to find a specific scene. Namely, your description of "What's Currently in the game?" mentioned " one case of Macro Pred". I can't find said pred, what might I do to see that seen, or is there some obvious thing I'm missing? Question two, the person who says that they'll capture you once they get a pokeball, is that a scene that currently exists, and if so, how do I reach it? Also, I want to say, of the things I've been able to see so far, this seems very good. I was a little disappointed I couldn't find the Mew again after chasing it to the second truck, but I'm guessing that the third truck is somewhere outside the scope of the current demo. I look forward to getting new versions of this as it progresses.

- Cartography(AKA:TATLTUAE)
Cartography
New to the forum

Postby Joily » Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:30 am

Cartography wrote:Sending in two small extra questions in addition to my above question, since now I can play the game, I've been struggling to find a specific scene. Namely, your description of "What's Currently in the game?" mentioned " one case of Macro Pred". I can't find said pred, what might I do to see that seen, or is there some obvious thing I'm missing? Question two, the person who says that they'll capture you once they get a pokeball, is that a scene that currently exists, and if so, how do I reach it? Also, I want to say, of the things I've been able to see so far, this seems very good. I was a little disappointed I couldn't find the Mew again after chasing it to the second truck, but I'm guessing that the third truck is somewhere outside the scope of the current demo. I look forward to getting new versions of this as it progresses.

Yeah, it should be safe to move somewhere else, I believe! I'm not sure what the issue is, but, I think moving it should be fine.

The Macro pred is currently the Wailord! I don't remember if I've cut it out of the current build - I know I've cut it from the version I'm working on, but planning to reintroduce it later.

The person who says they'll catch you with a pokéball is definitely a thing in the most current version (the version that goes up to just outside Sphinc Town), and you get it by returning to her after beating the first Gym

Yeah, the Mew will be a little side quest that you have to find in every town! There's plenty to come!

I'm glad you're enjoying it! I have a lot that I'm adding! Progress is a little slow, due to work at the moment, but I'm still working hard on it when I can. There's a lot of new encounters that I've sprited and implimented, new features, a few mini games and some jbig quality of life fixes. The new stuff in the next update will be about 3 times bigger than the entire game as it currently.
Joily
Somewhat familiar

Postby Cartography » Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:26 pm

Joily wrote:Yeah, it should be safe to move somewhere else, I believe! I'm not sure what the issue is, but, I think moving it should be fine.

I tried moving it, and it caused the "missing game.ini" thing from before to happen again. Though, moving it back to desktop made it work again, so at least I didn't have to re-extract it, and I didn't lose my save file. I hope you can figure out what would even cause this sort of issue.

Joily wrote:The Macro pred is currently the Wailord! I don't remember if I've cut it out of the current build - I know I've cut it from the version I'm working on, but planning to reintroduce it later.

I think it's been cut out. In Gullut, there's a guy by the pond who says that the pond is too small for a Wailord, and as far as I can tell, there is no interacting with the pond in the version I'm playing.

Joily wrote:The person who says they'll catch you with a pokéball is definitely a thing in the most current version (the version that goes up to just outside Sphinc Town), and you get it by returning to her after beating the first Gym

Found the scene. Not what quite what I thought the scene would be, but I still liked it.

Joily wrote:Yeah, the Mew will be a little side quest that you have to find in every town! There's plenty to come!

I see. That should be fun. I look forward to pestering the Mew more. Hehe

Joily wrote:I'm glad you're enjoying it! I have a lot that I'm adding! Progress is a little slow, due to work at the moment, but I'm still working hard on it when I can. There's a lot of new encounters that I've sprited and implimented, new features, a few mini games and some jbig quality of life fixes. The new stuff in the next update will be about 3 times bigger than the entire game as it currently.

3 times bigger? Wow, that is impressive. Once more, I look forward to it. And feel free to take your time. I've been working on the sprite work for Vore War, and I know that games take time. Especially since it looks like you're doing this on your own. Never feel ashamed that you couldn't do everything exactly as you want to instantly. No one can do that. It's best to take your time, make sure that you don't burn yourself out. Also, random question, does the region have a name? Like, all the towns have names, does the overall region have a name/ have a name yet?

Cartography
New to the forum

Postby Kerbalmaster » Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:20 pm

Wish there was the Wailord back. I love the idea of exploring a macro pred
Kerbalmaster
Somewhat familiar

Postby Joily » Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:10 am

Cartography wrote:
Joily wrote:Yeah, it should be safe to move somewhere else, I believe! I'm not sure what the issue is, but, I think moving it should be fine.

I tried moving it, and it caused the "missing game.ini" thing from before to happen again. Though, moving it back to desktop made it work again, so at least I didn't have to re-extract it, and I didn't lose my save file. I hope you can figure out what would even cause this sort of issue.

Joily wrote:The Macro pred is currently the Wailord! I don't remember if I've cut it out of the current build - I know I've cut it from the version I'm working on, but planning to reintroduce it later.

I think it's been cut out. In Gullut, there's a guy by the pond who says that the pond is too small for a Wailord, and as far as I can tell, there is no interacting with the pond in the version I'm playing.

Joily wrote:The person who says they'll catch you with a pokéball is definitely a thing in the most current version (the version that goes up to just outside Sphinc Town), and you get it by returning to her after beating the first Gym

Found the scene. Not what quite what I thought the scene would be, but I still liked it.

Joily wrote:Yeah, the Mew will be a little side quest that you have to find in every town! There's plenty to come!

I see. That should be fun. I look forward to pestering the Mew more. Hehe

Joily wrote:I'm glad you're enjoying it! I have a lot that I'm adding! Progress is a little slow, due to work at the moment, but I'm still working hard on it when I can. There's a lot of new encounters that I've sprited and implimented, new features, a few mini games and some jbig quality of life fixes. The new stuff in the next update will be about 3 times bigger than the entire game as it currently.

3 times bigger? Wow, that is impressive. Once more, I look forward to it. And feel free to take your time. I've been working on the sprite work for Vore War, and I know that games take time. Especially since it looks like you're doing this on your own. Never feel ashamed that you couldn't do everything exactly as you want to instantly. No one can do that. It's best to take your time, make sure that you don't burn yourself out. Also, random question, does the region have a name? Like, all the towns have names, does the overall region have a name/ have a name yet?

Yes, the region has a name! It's Dyjest!

The same was that Kanto is all based on Colours, and Unova is based on Clouds, all of the towns in the region are based on different areas of the digestive system!

I'm really not sure what causes the 'missing game' error. I'll try and look into it before the next release! See if I can figure it out and fix it!
Joily
Somewhat familiar

Postby Joily » Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:12 am

Kerbalmaster wrote:Wish there was the Wailord back. I love the idea of exploring a macro pred

It will be back, don't worry, as well as more Macro Predators! I have all the sprites and the events saved for the Wailord, I just thought it wasn't the right place to put it, as it was only in the demo initially!
Joily
Somewhat familiar

Postby Cartography » Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:22 pm

Joily wrote:Yes, the region has a name! It's Dyjest!

I like that, gave me a nice chuckle. I like to imagine that the rest of the regions are mostly the normal versions from the real games and they all pronounce it like "Deeyest" because "They wouldn't just call the region digest, right?" but those in Dyjest will proudly tell 'em "yeah, it's pronounced digest."

Joily wrote:The same was that Kanto is all based on Colours, and Unova is based on Clouds, all of the towns in the region are based on different areas of the digestive system!

I thought I picked up on that, but with only three towns so far, I wasn't certain. Also, I don't know if this is intentional, but the towns so far seem to go in the order that you'd see their namesake body parts going down the digestive tract, which I hope is continued. Also, how many towns total are you planning? Also, are you planning to do a map overview, like most(all? There's a few pokemon games I've never gotten to play, but all the ones I've played have had a map overview thing, normally the town map) games do? I like looking at maps(the name Cartography was not chosen at random), so I'd love to see the whole of Dyjest from above eventually.

Joily wrote:I'm really not sure what causes the 'missing game' error. I'll try and look into it before the next release! See if I can figure it out and fix it!

I have nothing to comment on with this beyond wishing you good luck in finding the source of the error. I put this bit here mostly because I'm uncomfortable with cutting out part of someone's message in my reply.

Cartography
New to the forum

Postby Joily » Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:26 am

Cartography wrote:
Joily wrote:The same was that Kanto is all based on Colours, and Unova is based on Clouds, all of the towns in the region are based on different areas of the digestive system!

I thought I picked up on that, but with only three towns so far, I wasn't certain. Also, I don't know if this is intentional, but the towns so far seem to go in the order that you'd see their namesake body parts going down the digestive tract, which I hope is continued. Also, how many towns total are you planning? Also, are you planning to do a map overview, like most(all? There's a few pokemon games I've never gotten to play, but all the ones I've played have had a map overview thing, normally the town map) games do? I like looking at maps(the name Cartography was not chosen at random), so I'd love to see the whole of Dyjest from above eventually.

Yep! Very intentional! One of the first things I did after making the demo was plan out was name of the towns to make it chronologically correct in terms of the digestive system. The map overview is made and will be in the next update! With the Starting town and the Elite Four plateau, it comes to 10, but, that's just the main Dyjest region. There's a lot more to explore than just the region...~
Joily
Somewhat familiar

Previous

Return to Vore game