The Company (Visual Novel) - April 2024 Teaser Posted

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: The Company (Visual Novel) - DAYS 7-9 AVAILABLE NOW!

Postby gbboyth » Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:47 pm

Quarters wrote:
gbboyth wrote:
Quarters wrote:Just found a continuity bug: On day 5 I had the option to sit with Lily at lunch despite her previously being fired.
Also, I don't know if I'm not far enough yet, but I have no options to hang out or date anyone, not even the girl who swallowed me to survive breaking up with her girlfriend.

Thank you for the report. It seems that there was a bug causing Mia's route not to appear in the options for everyone. I just fixed both issues and will upload another corrected version of the file tomorrow.

Sorry to hit ya again...
Spoiler: show
Code: Select all
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 16820, in script
    if chosetapeesa:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 16820, in <module>
    if chosetapeesa:
NameError: name 'chosetapeesa' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 16820, in script
    if chosetapeesa:
  File "C:\Users\K-kun the Insane\Desktop\Pics\NSFW\Vore\Games\TheCompany-0.3-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2115, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "C:\Users\K-kun the Insane\Desktop\Pics\NSFW\Vore\Games\TheCompany-0.3-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1080, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "C:\Users\K-kun the Insane\Desktop\Pics\NSFW\Vore\Games\TheCompany-0.3-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1073, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/script.rpy", line 16820, in <module>
    if chosetapeesa:
NameError: name 'chosetapeesa' is not defined

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.1.22070801
The Company 0.3
Sun Mar  3 04:15:22 2024

Appeared when Mei asked how my trip was.

Ok, will fix this as well, thanks.
gbboyth
Somewhat familiar

Postby Ermac » Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:54 pm

Hello question... How can I save Khendra from Alexis? I only see two options, rest and both squirm around. and nothing works
Ermac
Been posting for a bit

Postby gbboyth » Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:03 am

Ermac wrote:Hello question... How can I save Khendra from Alexis? I only see two options, rest and both squirm around. and nothing works

You have to have been practicing with Alexis, then you’ll have more options. If you haven’t, you can’t save her.
gbboyth
Somewhat familiar

Postby Ermac » Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:39 am

gbboyth wrote:
Ermac wrote:Hello question... How can I save Khendra from Alexis? I only see two options, rest and both squirm around. and nothing works

You have to have been practicing with Alexis, then you’ll have more options. If you haven’t, you can’t save her.

Oooohh!, thanks!, No wonder, I haven't talked to her yet.
Ermac
Been posting for a bit

Postby Lackey2 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:48 am

Loving it so far!

Bugs found by the way:

-If eaten by Mei and at a high relationship with Elissa, scene progresses to the delivery route without finishing. On the other hand, same scene's script crashes if you accused Elissa without apologizing.
-The "Hannah Alive" note isn't defined, crashes script in date menu when she's available
Lackey2
Somewhat familiar

Postby gbboyth » Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:58 am

Lackey2 wrote:If eaten by Mei and at a high relationship with Elissa, scene progresses to the delivery route without finishing.

Okay, that was an unusual one to figure out, but it's now corrected in the script.

On the other hand, same scene's script crashes if you accused Elissa without apologizing.

I guess because your relationship with Elissa went below 0 (you lose 3 levels by not apologizing), and the game doesn't know what to do with that. I've changed it now so that it doesn't take away levels, but just sets the flag that she is upset with you, which will have the same effect (she won't digest with you regardless of relationship level if she's mad, and it might affect future events).

The "Hannah Alive" note isn't defined, crashes script in date menu when she's available

Hannah's relationship route is not programmed currently, so you're not missing anything here, but I have done a correction so it at least won't crash.

These corrections will take effect in the next minor update.

Thanks and I hope you're having fun with it!
gbboyth
Somewhat familiar

Postby BellyButtlet » Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:38 pm

Loving the new update, is there any way for you and Alexis to get past the gym girl, I tried splitting my time between Chante and Alexis but I'm guessing there's still not enough days to get enough practice in?
BellyButtlet
New to the forum

Postby gbboyth » Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:17 pm

BellyButtlet wrote:Loving the new update, is there any way for you and Alexis to get past the gym girl, I tried splitting my time between Chante and Alexis but I'm guessing there's still not enough days to get enough practice in?

It can be done, you just need to have practiced with Alexis twice prior. Your stats with Chante aren't needed for that fight anymore.
gbboyth
Somewhat familiar

Postby Ferno » Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:02 pm

so I tried getting past the gym girl and apparently it just kills you but proceeds like it didn't happen not sure if this intended or not but you can get the next Alexis scene I guess.
Ferno
New to the forum

Postby gbboyth » Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:11 pm

Ferno wrote:so I tried getting past the gym girl and apparently it just kills you but proceeds like it didn't happen not sure if this intended or not but you can get the next Alexis scene I guess.

That one I knew about. No idea why it happens, the scene ends with a jump to ending just like every other death, but I'm hoping this bug will disappear in future updates as there are more changes to the script.
gbboyth
Somewhat familiar

Postby essayons12 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:46 am

I don't know if I'm missing something but I have tried to get the best relationship possible with Elissa and I only get the bad ending or the bugged ending from Mei.
essayons12
Been posting for a bit

Postby Lackey2 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:38 pm

essayons12 wrote:I don't know if I'm missing something but I have tried to get the best relationship possible with Elissa and I only get the bad ending or the bugged ending from Mei.

No worries, this bit was discussed on the page before this one.
Lackey2
Somewhat familiar

Postby gbboyth » Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:44 pm

Soooo... any thoughts on the new material? I would love to hear if people are enjoying it, or not, or something other than bug reports. Is there anything or anyone you all would like to see more or less of?
gbboyth
Somewhat familiar

Postby essayons12 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:51 pm

I honestly really enjoy the expansion of the stories and the increase in interactions
essayons12
Been posting for a bit

Postby ThrowawayA1D » Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:16 am

I'm enjoying it of course! (I definitely should login more in order to give feedback..)

I have to say though; during my main route, I made some choices that led days 7–9 to end up fairly... empty.
*I killed off Khendra ASAP
*I didn't take Mei up on the trip offer; I figured it might've been some trap lol

This led days 7 to 9 to *all* be days like day 8 where you further your relationship with someone... that someone being Vivi. Cause among the other options, one is buggy and the other always says no. It'd be nice if you could check up on Lily after the concert if she survives it! I tried clicking to talk to her and she said something along the lines of "Sorry, not feeling like going out right now." and like, *of course* that's the case. She had a horrid time at the concert! ...But really, I was hoping that the protag would be worried for her or something and then actually go check up on her; after all, she's not even going to work anymore. It's concerning.

I think day 7? lets us go outside and take a walk or something. I wish it were so for the other days as well. There's plenty of room for events there, and if you want suggestions, I still have a soft spot for the two girls who did that interview. It'd be nice to see them again..

I have yet to try and replay the game while leaving Khendra alive (so I can go to the bar which sounds really really fun), but I did replay to accept Mei's trip. It was really great! It can be nice to see unfriendly people who aren't actually bitches (they have a real reason to be like that), and the lore was nice too. It's amusing that picking the nicest girl at the start means you die... but yeah. Artic is 10/10, would come back again.
ThrowawayA1D
Been posting for a bit

Postby gbboyth » Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:23 am

essayons12 wrote:I honestly really enjoy the expansion of the stories and the increase in interactions

That's great to hear! The interactions with your coworkers and their little storylines were always supposed to be the centerpiece of the game, so I'm happy that I was able to make that happen with the last update.

ThrowawayA1D wrote:I'm enjoying it of course! (I definitely should login more in order to give feedback..)

Thanks very much for your detailed feedback. I enjoy reading stuff like this! I'm going to spoiler tag the response so anyone who wants to go into future updates blind can avoid reading it.
Spoiler: show
About the weekend being empty, that was kinda on purpose, I didn't want to include anything relevant to the story there so that you wouldn't miss anything if you went on the trip. All of the weekends are planned to be similar to that, with maybe one or two random events (like running into Elissa in the market) that don't add anything important. It's also supposed to give you a chance to catch up on relationships or paths that you may have neglected, since at some point, you will face certain death if you haven't been going to the gym, training with Alexis or Chante, or all of the above.

Regarding Lily, I'm glad you're concerned for her. Usually when the characters say they're too busy to hang out, it's just a placeholder because I didn't write their route yet, but in that case it is actually scripted that she won't appear for a few days after the concert if she had that experience. She will eventually return, and the reason she was hiding will become clear then. So, those who are hungry for more scenes with her won't be disappointed!

And about the arctic section, I'm really happy that you liked it! It sounds like it had exactly the impact on you that I wanted. I obviously had a kinda personal reason for including that stuff and writing those characters the way I did, so I was worried that it might seem out of place in the game. Hopefully the future travel scenes can give a similar mix of commentary and fun!
gbboyth
Somewhat familiar

Re: The Company (Visual Novel) - April 2024 Teaser Posted

Postby gbboyth » Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:31 pm

Here's an update post, which I will try to give at least monthly from now on! A little teaser for the next release, which will add a couple more days to the game.

teaser.png

Here are some faces you can meet in the upcoming release:

A ghost who supposedly haunts the unused thirteenth floor of the tower???

Ayumi, your missing team member who finally shows up, and seems to resemble a certain famous character, which I'm sure is just a coincidence.

Some other girl who might show up to join your team. Who is she and where did she come from? You'll just have to find out if you meet her.

Sania, who's already been teased once before, will make her first appearance for real this time, I promise.

And finally, Dr. Canary, a slightly crazy scientist, whose experiments could open up some new pathways for you, if you actually want to trust anything this guy made.

Plus, of course, there'll be many more encounters with the existing characters, letting you go further along their storylines in all the ways you expect, and hopefully more!

ALSO - another important thing! "The Company" has made it to the big leagues, because there's now actual art that exists of one of my characters! Thank you so much to the amazing Fxmika for creating the first artwork based on the game! You can check out their depiction of the super cute and rather menacing Sofia here (pre-vore) and here (post-vore). I love it <3

As always, just keep an eye on this thread to see when the update is released. It won't be extremely soon and there is not going to be a hard deadline this time, but it's coming and I hope you'll all find it offers a lot of great content once again.
gbboyth
Somewhat familiar

Re: The Company (Visual Novel) - April 2024 Teaser Posted

Postby theonlymatt » Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:39 am

Did she digest a god damn kettlebell!?! Brings new meaning to pumping iron...
theonlymatt
Somewhat familiar

Previous

Return to Vore game