The Company (Visual Novel) - April 2024 Teaser Posted

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: The Company (Visual Novel) - FIRST SIX DAYS RELEASED!

Postby empatheticapathy » Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:09 pm

gbboyth wrote:You will certainly have the chance, especially when you get to visit her country later on. Assuming, of course, that you WANT her to rise to power, other options may be more favourable :wink:

I'm glad we have options and that that's one of them. Any route that ends with women in power at men's expense is the one I'm aiming for. Bonus points for giving her a 'fight the power!' vibe (which I assume will go away once she is the power lol).
empatheticapathy
---

Re: The Company (Visual Novel) - Teaser for next release pos

Postby KryOLynX » Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:59 pm

Ooow, this next update ha s me excited!
KryOLynX
Been posting for a bit

Postby InspectorGrabIt » Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:45 am

This was my first time actually playing through a vore game, and I enjoyed it a good deal. If I had any comments to make, it feels strange that choosing your way to work often has one path that is the objectively better option for content, or either choice makes no difference. But I assume that will change in the future with extra scenes.
I noticed a couple bugs: feeding Alexis to Sue leaves an Alexis stuck on screen after. Vivi's first order always repeats for me (ie the same scene happens on her second order as well, even if done on different days) and Vivi can cause an error if you invite her to eat with you the second time.
But overall I think this is very good start, although I admit I may not be great at detailing why as this is my first. I look forward to later releases!
Also: Hannah is best girl
InspectorGrabIt
New to the forum

Postby gbboyth » Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:48 pm

InspectorGrabIt wrote:This was my first time actually playing through a vore game, and I enjoyed it a good deal.

Thanks a lot for your feedback, and I'm so happy you enjoyed the game! I'll just go through the issues you mentioned.

If I had any comments to make, it feels strange that choosing your way to work often has one path that is the objectively better option for content, or either choice makes no difference. But I assume that will change in the future with extra scenes.

That was mainly done to give you the option of getting through the game faster if you're replaying it. Once more of the relationship routes become available, you might want to play again from the beginning in order to go through different paths, so I figured it would be good to make a lot of the one-off scenes optional. It's also leaving room for more scenes to be added though, so you're right, some of the empty spaces might fill up later.

I noticed a couple bugs: feeding Alexis to Sue leaves an Alexis stuck on screen after. Vivi's first order always repeats for me (ie the same scene happens on her second order as well, even if done on different days) and Vivi can cause an error if you invite her to eat with you the second time.

I wasn't able to recreate any of these just now, but it could be that these are things I already fixed while working on the script. Vivi's scenes in particular gave more bugs than any other part of the game and the code there has been tweaked many times. Either way, these should all be fixed for the next release.

Also: Hannah is best girl

Haha, glad to hear she's made another fan. I hope you'll enjoy her new scenes in the upcoming release :)
gbboyth
Somewhat familiar

Postby Zerke » Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:15 pm

Love the game by the way and hope everything is going smoothly and I'm excited to see more.
Zerke
New to the forum

Postby ThexOrion » Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:34 am

Help, I may just be stupid, but is there a scene for meals on heels (the thing you get your picture taken for)? I tried a couple of things and wasn't able to find a scene. This game is very fleshed out with tons of content, so I may have missed something.
ThexOrion
New to the forum

Postby gbboyth » Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:29 am

Help, I may just be stupid, but is there a scene for meals on heels (the thing you get your picture taken for)? I tried a couple of things and wasn't able to find a scene. This game is very fleshed out with tons of content, so I may have missed something.

Not currently, no, the only payoff it has is that you can order a meal for Sue on Day 4 and potentially save yourself. There is an update slated for March 1st (I pushed it back a month, but all that's left to do now is bug checking, so that date should be set in stone). Maybe I'll slip in a scene for the prey route if there isn't too much other work to do.
gbboyth
Somewhat familiar

Postby gbboyth » Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:18 am

The update is now complete and bug testing complete, but it’d be silly to post it at 4 in the morning so it can get buried, so I’ll be dropping it 14 hours from now, at 6pm. I hope you’ll be eager to play and see the new features and storylines! Thread title and top post will be changed when it drops.
gbboyth
Somewhat familiar

Re: The Company (Visual Novel) - DAYS 7-9 AVAILABLE NOW!

Postby gbboyth » Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:04 pm

Alright folks, it's official! Version 0.3 is now downloadable from the main post.

This new update adds a ton of new material:
- 18 new vore scenes (variety of safe, escapable depending on abilities, and always fatal. Variety of willing, unwilling and observer scenes.)
- 16 new sex scenes
- Relationship and friendship routes now open for Alexis, Vivi, and Mia
- Friendship and FWB route now open for Khendra
- Other characters' routes have their beginnings
- Lily can now be saved from backstage
- Flower can now survive the tour (depending on your prior actions)
- Custom GUI (text box style, etc.)
- New title screen
- All characters and most special scenes now have music
- Background images cartoonized to blend in better with the characters
- and more!

This update restores a lot of the dating/relationship mechanics that I removed from the last release out of frustration. This brings the game back to what I originally envisioned it as, a dating sim-inspired VN with plenty of vore, but also plenty of opportunities to build a meaningful connection with characters of your choice, if you wish. I'm really happy with how it turned out and I hope you all will enjoy playing it.

Just so everyone knows, the beach scene featured in the teaser was scrapped - it was just going to be a tribute to a movie nobody has seen anyway, so it got the axe. Sania's scene from the teaser takes place on Day 10 and is not yet accessible. I certainly hope the other content added will make up for this disappointment!
gbboyth
Somewhat familiar

Postby Zerke » Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:22 pm

18 new vore scenes?!
Sweeeeet I'm gonna be busy tonight playing this
Zerke
New to the forum

Postby gbboyth » Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:26 pm

Zerke wrote:18 new vore scenes?!
Sweeeeet I'm gonna be busy tonight playing this

I hope it keeps you nice and busy :wink:
gbboyth
Somewhat familiar

Postby Pizhik » Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:39 pm

There some problems:
(sry ind how use "spoiler")

Code: Select all
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 8483, in script call
    call lilyconvo from _call_lilyconvo_1
  File "game/script.rpy", line 23813, in script call
    call lil3 from _call_lil3
  File "game/script.rpy", line 24011, in script
    hide lily with moveout
  File "game/script.rpy", line 24011, in <module>
    hide lily with moveout
NameError: name 'moveout' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 8483, in script call
    call lilyconvo from _call_lilyconvo_1
  File "game/script.rpy", line 23813, in script call
    call lil3 from _call_lil3
  File "game/script.rpy", line 24011, in script
    hide lily with moveout
  File "E:\Games\TheCompany-0.3-pc\TheCompany-0.3-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1654, in execute
    paired = renpy.python.py_eval(self.paired)
  File "E:\Games\TheCompany-0.3-pc\TheCompany-0.3-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1080, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "E:\Games\TheCompany-0.3-pc\TheCompany-0.3-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1073, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/script.rpy", line 24011, in <module>
    hide lily with moveout
NameError: name 'moveout' is not defined

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.1.22070801
The Company 0.3
Sun Mar  3 06:32:42 2024

2———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 14514, in script call
    call friendmenu from _call_friendmenu_4
  File "game/script.rpy", line 18438, in script
    if day = 6:
SyntaxError: invalid syntax (game/script.rpy, line 18438)

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 14514, in script call
    call friendmenu from _call_friendmenu_4
  File "game/script.rpy", line 18438, in script
    if day = 6:
  File "E:\Games\TheCompany-0.3-pc\TheCompany-0.3-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2115, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "E:\Games\TheCompany-0.3-pc\TheCompany-0.3-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1078, in py_eval
    code = py_compile(code, 'eval')
  File "E:\Games\TheCompany-0.3-pc\TheCompany-0.3-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1015, in py_compile
    raise e
  File "E:\Games\TheCompany-0.3-pc\TheCompany-0.3-pc\renpy\python.py", line 967, in py_compile
    raise orig_e
  File "E:\Games\TheCompany-0.3-pc\TheCompany-0.3-pc\renpy\python.py", line 960, in py_compile
    tree = compile(source, filename, py_mode, ast.PyCF_ONLY_AST | flags, 1)
SyntaxError: invalid syntax (game/script.rpy, line 18438)

Ren'Py 8.0.1.22070801
The Company 0.3
Sun Mar  3 06:35:59 2024
Pizhik
New to the forum

Postby QAQAQ » Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:47 pm

Love the update so far. Did we get anything with Robin in this one? I tried to get myself in trouble but wasn't sent to the HR loool. Also, is it possible to save Sofia and myself in case she's silent?
QAQAQ
Been posting for a bit

Postby gbboyth » Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:58 pm

QAQAQ wrote:Love the update so far. Did we get anything with Robin in this one? I tried to get myself in trouble but wasn't sent to the HR loool. Also, is it possible to save Sofia and myself in case she's silent?

You have access to Robin's fatal anal vore ending now, which I don't recall if it was reachable before. You just have to keep approaching Aishah (going to and from work above ground gives you more chances to see her, if you're finding there aren't enough opportunities). As for Sofia, no, that scene is invariably fatal if she's gone silent. Best to use Hannah for that mission in that case and come back to Sofia later.
gbboyth
Somewhat familiar

Postby QAQAQ » Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:05 am

gbboyth wrote:
QAQAQ wrote:Love the update so far. Did we get anything with Robin in this one? I tried to get myself in trouble but wasn't sent to the HR loool. Also, is it possible to save Sofia and myself in case she's silent?

You have access to Robin's fatal anal vore ending now, which I don't recall if it was reachable before. You just have to keep approaching Aishah (going to and from work above ground gives you more chances to see her, if you're finding there aren't enough opportunities). As for Sofia, no, that scene is invariably fatal if she's gone silent. Best to use Hannah for that mission in that case and come back to Sofia later.

thanks! btw how do I access Mia/Hannah's dating route? Mia's phone number won't show up in the list of people i can ask out during night time and Hannah's just gave me error after being unlocked
QAQAQ
Been posting for a bit

Postby Scoutboy25 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:51 am

I know what game I'm playing tonight, that's for sure.
A single random brony from like 2010, uses Eka's for games and made an account to share opinions and ask questions. Ask me nothing.
Scoutboy25
Been posting for a bit

Postby gbboyth » Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:55 am

how do I access Mia/Hannah's dating route? Mia's phone number won't show up in the list of people i can ask out during night time and Hannah's just gave me error after being unlocked

Mia's route is accessible after you save her from Rosie by letting her swallow you. She should show up in the list after that, it isn't a very long route, but it is there. With Hannah, unlocking it is currently all you can do, you'll have to come back to her route in future days if you want to continue with it.
gbboyth
Somewhat familiar

Postby Quarters » Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:22 am

Just found a continuity bug: On day 5 I had the option to sit with Lily at lunch despite her previously being fired.
Also, I don't know if I'm not far enough yet, but I have no options to hang out or date anyone, not even the girl who swallowed me to survive breaking up with her girlfriend.
Quarters
Somewhat familiar

Postby gbboyth » Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:33 am

Quarters wrote:Just found a continuity bug: On day 5 I had the option to sit with Lily at lunch despite her previously being fired.
Also, I don't know if I'm not far enough yet, but I have no options to hang out or date anyone, not even the girl who swallowed me to survive breaking up with her girlfriend.

Thank you for the report. It seems that there was a bug causing Mia's route not to appear in the options for everyone. I just fixed both issues and will upload another corrected version of the file tomorrow.
gbboyth
Somewhat familiar

Postby Quarters » Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:19 am

gbboyth wrote:
Quarters wrote:Just found a continuity bug: On day 5 I had the option to sit with Lily at lunch despite her previously being fired.

Thank you for the report. It seems that there was a bug causing Mia's route not to appear in the options for everyone. I just fixed both issues and will upload another corrected version of the file tomorrow.

Sorry to hit ya again...
Spoiler: show

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 16820, in script
    if chosetapeesa:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 16820, in <module>
    if chosetapeesa:
NameError: name 'chosetapeesa' is not defined

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 16820, in script
    if chosetapeesa:
  File "C:\Users\K-kun the Insane\Desktop\Pics\NSFW\Vore\Games\TheCompany-0.3-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2115, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "C:\Users\K-kun the Insane\Desktop\Pics\NSFW\Vore\Games\TheCompany-0.3-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1080, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "C:\Users\K-kun the Insane\Desktop\Pics\NSFW\Vore\Games\TheCompany-0.3-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1073, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/script.rpy", line 16820, in <module>
    if chosetapeesa:
NameError: name 'chosetapeesa' is not defined

Ren'Py 8.0.1.22070801
The Company 0.3
Sun Mar  3 04:15:22 2024

Appeared when Mei asked how my trip was.
Quarters
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game