VRPG 2.14 Error... again... :(

Duamutef's fans goes here!

Moderator: Duamutef

VRPG 2.14 Error... again... :(

Postby Takeshi » Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:40 am

Sorry to annoy you... T_T

I've got a CreateFromFile error and then #430 error after I've typed the character's name and pressed enter... And, yeah, the game crashes...

Running it under Vista...

Is there a way to fix this? O_o
Takeshi
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: VRPG 2.14 Error... again... :(

Postby Fireload » Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:43 pm

I got the same error and i too am also am on vista. :cry:
Fireload
Somewhat familiar

Postby TalenKlaive » Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:04 pm

I'm not familiar with vista, but I'm wondering if it might have a compatibility mode that you could enable that might fix this. I'm not sure if it would be in the same place, but on XP, if you right click on the shortcut to the game, then click properties, there used to be a tab for compatibility. If there is, set it to Windows XP and see if that helps.
TalenKlaive
Been posting for a bit

Re:

Postby Duamutef » Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:25 am

If there's a way to fix it, I don't know what it is. I tried for weeks but couldn't get it working.

Microsoft shafted 75% of their developer base when they migrated to DirectX9 because they dropped all messaging from the debug runtime for DX8 and below (which there is absolutely no reason to do besides being greedy douchebags). VRPG uses DX7 and they built DX9 to require VB.Net, which a lot of VB users refuse to migrate to to this day. (Every time I try to use it, I just shake my head and marvel at how they seriously think they can successfully deploy a development environment WITHOUT DOCUMENTATION...)

Long story short, I have no way of knowing what's going wrong. IIRC, I was able to figure out which line was causing the error, but it was a clean command that shouldn't have been causing any problems (and wasn't causing problems on most machines).

If MS weren't douchebags I could fix it, but they are douchebags, so I can't.

So, basically, everybody will be stuck playing CV2 and waiting for VRPG 2, which I'm not making in VB (ETA: 7-12 months).
Step into my world, and maybe one of it's denizens...
http://www.sdcga.com/~duam9/
Duamutef
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re:

Postby Takeshi » Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:52 pm

Thanks, so that's the case... Curse that company... (In fact I'm going to migrate to Mac OS when I finally get a perma-computer).

Btw, can a virtual machined WinME/2k/2k3/XP solve the issue?
Takeshi
Intermediate Vorarephile

Return to Duamutef's Dimension