Mermaid oc

Are you looking for a place to post your work, hoping to receive comments, suggestions and criticisms? If so, this forum is for you! Showcase your stories, drawings, animations, and anything else you have created here. You can even upload your files directly to our site! Note: Everyone is free to share opinions of anything here. If you can't handle criticism, refrain from posting here!
Forum rules
This section is for any artist, writer, animator, or any form of creation to share their work in order to receive comment to improve themselves better.

Read the rules in detail here

Read the Critiquing suggestion here

Please open only one thread per person. Detail here.

Mermaid oc

Postby Hugejess8 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:14 pm

Just a Mermaid I came up with
Attachments
20240313_041240.jpg
Hugejess8
New to the forum

Re: Mermaid oc

Postby Audax » Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:00 pm

good drawing, is her design based on something in particular?
"Wow! a signature!"
-Me
Audax
Been posting for a bit

Postby GREGOLE » Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:20 am

This design is simple on the surface, but there's a lot of really great details that make it pop. The slow gradient transition from human to piscine skin tone, broken up by the stripes is really well done, and makes it look REALLY natural and organic, despite technically being a hybrid creature. A lot of artists tend to cover the whole body with scales of the same color, so there's no real seam between the human and fish portions, but this is a really neat alternative. You can divide it into human and fish skin colors, but they flow together in a way that you could easily see in any given freshwater fish.

And I'm always a fan of the jaw-seam. Humanoid faces able to open up into horrific maws are always a treat.

The bite mark on the torso is also a great little touch. Gives the character a sense of history.
GREGOLE
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Hugejess8 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:43 am

Shes based off a coelacanth and can be in fresh or saltwater. Thank you for the compliments. Shes from a vore novel I'm writing.
Hugejess8
New to the forum

Postby Hugejess8 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:08 pm

Here's her with two guests that she's going to digest~
Attachments
20240313_084935.jpg
Hugejess8
New to the forum

Postby merrell2 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:07 am

I like your painting, I'm looking forward to the 3D version of this painting :-D
merrell2
New to the forum

Return to Work to be shared!