Belly Size Calculator

Are you looking for a place to post your work, hoping to receive comments, suggestions and criticisms? If so, this forum is for you! Showcase your stories, drawings, animations, and anything else you have created here. You can even upload your files directly to our site! Note: Everyone is free to share opinions of anything here. If you can't handle criticism, refrain from posting here!
Forum rules
This section is for any artist, writer, animator, or any form of creation to share their work in order to receive comment to improve themselves better.

Read the rules in detail here

Read the Critiquing suggestion here

Please open only one thread per person. Detail here.

Belly Size Calculator

Postby Squidpad » Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:08 pm

TLDR; I made a tool that lets you input a number of prey, the weight of the pred's belly, the diameter of a pred's belly, or the volume a pred's belly occupies, and it'll spit out the other 3 values. While the numbers you get will likely be smaller than you'd expect, they are mathematically accurate*. I have checked these values against 3d models with a model of a person actually placed inside of it, and they are reasonably accurate, and get more accurate the more prey you include.

I'm a big fan of being stuffed with prey, and multi-prey scenarios in general, but I'm also very meticulous when it comes to details, and I really wanted a good way to visualize exactly how large my stomach would be with a given amount of prey. While I could find art references and intuit from there, there's a few problems; very few artists have specifications on the exact measurements of everything in the piece (not that I'd expect them to, or that they even should), and an accurate size is actually very difficult for the average person to get right, due to the unintuitive nature of the square-cube law, and the fact that the prey are not often liquids, meaning that they don't perfectly fill the space they're in.

So, of course the proper solution was to make a comprehensive tool that does all of the calculations for me. You can use it here. It's generally pretty self explanatory, but I'll do a rundown on the functionality just in case.
From the top down:
  • Input Type: Selecting one of the checkboxes will make the box below them treat the number you've put in as whatever input type you've selected.
  • Value display: Below the box are the values output by the tool. The one corresponding to the input you've chosen will of course be equal to the value in the box, and the others are calculated based on the value you input, as well as a few other variables.
  • Prey Weight: This box should contain the average weight of the prey you're working with. This is used to calculate the total weight of the pred's belly, and more importantly, to estimate the total volume of each prey. Volume and weight are very strongly correlated and directly proportional, and weight is far easier to find data on than volume, so I went with that
  • Buttons: Reset will reset the value of everything back to the default value, save for the current units and the currently input value. Metric/Imperial will switch to the other measurement system, though the contents of both of their input boxes are stored separately, so it won't automatically convert between them. No Digestion/Digestion will change the maximum value for the "Tightness" value (explained below) to include values above what is possible without either digesting or crushing prey, or back to only including normal values.
  • Tightness: The slider here controls how tightly packed prey are. There'll be more details below if you care about the actual math, but essentially just know that this is the realistic range; To go below the loosest value on the slider, prey would have to be in a non-standard position that would make the numbers impossible to approximate, and similarly, going above the highest value would require melting, compressing, or neatly stacking prey.
  • Rounding: This slider controls the number of decimal places to round to; regardless of this setting, numbers are computed using their actual value

*WARNING: MATH BELOW
Spoiler: show

Values were calculated using a subset of sphere packing called random close pack. This essentially gives an estimate for how tightly packed spheres can be when they're randomly added to a space, rather than intentionally placed in an optimal location. Prey are approximated as spheres, since irregular sphere packing is extremely well studied, easy and quick to calculate, and reasonably accurate to the shape of a curled-up human (humans are very close to being spheroidal when curled up, and spheroids pack marginally and strictly better than spheres do, so I didn't worry about that too much). The pred's belly is also roughly approximated as a sphere, for similar reasons, which gave us fairly simple equations to work with. All of the equations are ones you learned in middle school, we've just accounted for the inefficient packing of prey by dividing their volume by their packing efficiency, which ranges from 0.56 at the loosest, and 0.64 at the tightest.

This was only a very quick project, so I didn't create any kind of visualizer for the sizes, but this height comparison site has both people and the ability to create circles, which is what my visualizer would have been anyway.
Anyway, have fun!
Squidpad
Somewhat familiar

Re: Belly Size Calculator

Postby PhantomOfMars » Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:13 pm

First off, thank you for the math section below. I'll have to poke around with this.
PhantomOfMars
Somewhat familiar

Postby EllaWriting » Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:01 pm

I'm not at all a math person, but this is really interesting! I'll have to mess around with this later.
Autistic gal and amateur vore writer!
EllaWriting
New to the forum

Postby Septia » Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:08 pm

This could come to compliment my other vore calculators. Much appreciated.
Though a downloadable version would be nice as well.
I am usually available for writing commissions concearning most strange ideas your mind can conjure up.
Yes, even that.
Septia
Somewhat familiar

Postby Squidpad » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:36 pm

Septia wrote:This could come to compliment my other vore calculators. Much appreciated.
Though a downloadable version would be nice as well.

Should work offline, but it's made in GeoGebra, so you'd need to download the GeoGebra Geometry app
Squidpad
Somewhat familiar

Postby Bugbarw » Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:04 pm

Great tool! I'm glad I'm not the only one who like thinking about vore in a mathematical sense
Bugbarw
New to the forum

Postby VincentShadowScale » Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:40 am

yeah I did something similar for myself using excel a while ago, a lot of people don't realize that the square-cube law means that the more you eat, the less each new prey will ad to your radius cause it takes a lot more volume to expand the width of your gut the bigger it gets.

some ideas to expand upon it could be options to input multiple different prey sizes and amounts for each type of prey. Another could be a basic visualizer, basically just a humanoid sillouette where you can enter a height and then have an orb sticking off of them to show how big the gut would be relative to them I think would help really make the sizes immediately clear
VincentShadowScale
Been posting for a bit

Return to Work to be shared!