PokeVore Cards

Are you looking for a place to post your work, hoping to receive comments, suggestions and criticisms? If so, this forum is for you! Showcase your stories, drawings, animations, and anything else you have created here. You can even upload your files directly to our site! Note: Everyone is free to share opinions of anything here. If you can't handle criticism, refrain from posting here!
Forum rules
This section is for any artist, writer, animator, or any form of creation to share their work in order to receive comment to improve themselves better.

Read the rules in detail here

Read the Critiquing suggestion here

Please open only one thread per person. Detail here.

PokeVore Cards

Postby foxyoreos » Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:48 pm

Heyo :3 I've been doing some custom Pokemon cards built around a vore mechanic (The full list is at https://aryion.com/g4/view/977460 but I'll embed a few here). They add two new "types" similar to the Single Strike stuff that Pokemon did a little while back: Doomed Pokemon and Swallow Pokemon.

Doomed Squirtle.png

The idea is that Doomed Pokemon can be attached from your bench to a Swallow Pokemon you control just like they're an item using the Churn ability. Each turn they take 10 damage and the Swallow Pokemon heals 10. Weaknesses apply, so if you attach a fire type to a water type they'll take 20 damage a turn and their pred will heal 20. While attached, they're still Pokemon, so you can still use healing items on them. If they faint, your opponent still gets to pick a prize just like if any of your other Pokemon fainted (so be careful with them! X3c ). If a Swallow Pokemon faints while a Doomed Pokemon is attached, the Doomed Pokemon stays in play (either active or on the bench, depending on where the Swallow Pokemon was). Some Doomed Pokemon have abilities that work off of this.

Bulging Ekans Pair.png

This is mostly just an excuse to draw a bunch of Pokemon getting eaten UwU But also I like making the cards interact with each other in interesting ways and I do care a little bit about the mechanics and making cards that fluffers see and think, "that's neat, I can see how that would work" <3 I use https://pokecardmaker.net/creator as a template and then do a little bit of touchup locally, although recently that local process has gotten a bit more extensive :3 At some point I might remake the website locally so that I can have higher resolution exports, but for now it's fine. I am busy fox and have too much to do anyways.

Doomed Pikachu Card.png
Stuffed Growlithe Card.png

Anyway, I recently redid a lot of the text and card formats, so I figured this was as good a time as any to share some of them and get some feedback/suggestions :3

I haven't played the Pokemon TCG in a loooooooong time :3, so I'm not sure how balanced all of this is. I'm using 2017 cards as references when i set power level. I worried for a while that maybe I was balancing everything horribly as a mechanic, but then I read up more on the state of the game, and it doesn't seem like the real game is all that balanced either, so maybe I'm in good company! X3 But I want it to feel as authentic as I can get it, even though sometimes the phrasing or mechanics will take a backseat to the rest of the card's theme.

Feeder Form Card.png

So while the mechanics are technically secondary and I'm going to deviate from rules or ignore wiggly details when I need to, I'd still love thoughts about whether any mechanics feel out-of-place or are confusing or if there are things I'm forgetting or doing wrong with the card art. Or if you have ideas for stuff you'd like to see, feel free to leave them as well. I've got a somewhat lengthy document with card ideas already (I've listed just a few of them below :3), and no pawmisses that I'll do anything specific, but I wouldn't mind getting more ideas.

The other thing I'm trying to figure out is how to handle holo effect (both how to make them and how they could be displayed since I don't want to upload cards as videos, but there's no way to have custom CSS or animated effects otherwise). For now, holo cards are just some static filters.

I'm posting this here instead of in the games forum because I don't think I'm ever going to make enough of these to actually build a deck around, the art is the main point. But I do want them to feel like Pokemon cards, I want fluffers who look at them to feel like other than the subject material they wouldn't be too surprised to see them in a set.

(A small subset of) my planned cards:
Spoiler: show

Cruel Gengar (Swallow Pokemon, 140HP):
Companion card to Doomed Charmander
- (Ability) Endless Nightmare: At the end of each turn if either Active Pokemon is asleep (yours or your opponent's) you may deal 20 damage to it (ignore Weakness and Resistance). If a Doomed Pokemon is attached to Gengar, it heals 10.
- (Attack) Fatigue (50 damage): Flip a coin. If it's heads, the Defending Pokemon is now Asleep. If tails, it's now Confused.
- Flavor Text: It channels energy from its opponents into revitalizing its prey, treating it like a reservoir for psychic sustenance. Its prey cycles between consciousness and delirium, but Gengar will not let it rest.

Doomed Meowth (50 HP):
- (Ability) Churn: Attach this card from your Bench to an empty Swallow Pokemon. Each start of turn, it deals 10 damage to this card and heals the same amount. (Apply Weaknesses).
- (Attack) ???: ???
- Flavor Text: It was abandoned by its trainers, so this once pampered cat now braves the streets. It doesn't see the hungry eyes that peer out of the dark.

Starved Persian (Swallow Pokemon, 80 HP):
Thematic evolved form of Doomed Meowth
- (Ability) Hunger Pains: This card takes 10 damage at the end of each turn if a Doomed Pokemon is not attached to it. (Ignore Weakness and Resistance)
- (Attack) Ravenous Bite (40+): If this card does not have a Doomed Pokemon attached to it, Ravenous Bite deals 40 additional damage.
- Flavor Text: Driven by its hunger, it lashes out with incredible speed and force. When it finds any prey, it swallows it immediately.

Doomed Spoink (40 HP):
- (Ability) Heart Stop: Attach this card from your Bench to an empty Swallow Pokemon. At the start of every turn (yours and your opponent's) it deals 40 damage to this card and heals 20 (Ignore Weaknesses).
- (Ability) Miracle: If a Swallow Pokemon that Spoink is attached to faints, remove all damage counters from Spoink. Search your deck for a Pokemon named Grumpig and evolve Spoink.
- Flavor text: Spoink aren't much fun digesting, but that brief flicker of fear when they're picked up is too adorable.

Belly Rubs (Trainer Card):
- Deal 30 damage to a Doomed Pokemon attached to one of your Swallow Pokemon (Ignore Weakness and Resistance). Remove 2 damage counters from your Swallow Pokemon.
- Flavor text: "Who's a good girl? Who is a good girl?"

Bitter Berries (Trainer Card):
- Move a Doomed Pokemon from a Swallow Pokemon that you control back to your Bench.
- Flavor Text: "So have you learned your lesson, or do I need to leave you in another hour?"

Drooling Victreebel (Swallow Pokemon, ??? HP):
Evolved form of Bellsprout line, which is still a WIP
- (Ability) Premium Nutrients: Once per turn, you may place a damage counter on a Doomed Pokemon attached to Victreebel. If you do so, Victreebel is cured of any Status Conditions. (?You may use this ability even while Asleep or Paralyzed?)
- (Attack) Acid Spit (80 damage): If a Doomed Pokemon is attached to this card, deal 20 damage to it (ignore Weaknesses and Resistance) and the Defending Pokemon is now Poisoned and Confused.

Purrloin (Normal Pokemon):
I liked the idea of having normal non-swallow Pokemon that can interact with the mechanic. Once Purrloin evolves into Liepard, then it gets to be a Swallow Pokemon :3c
- (Attack) Claw: ???
- (Attack) Fetch: Search your library for a Doomed Pokemon and put it into your hand.
- Flavor Text: Even though it is well fed, it still seeks out smaller prey to give as gifts. When it captures prey, it carries them alive to offer to its master or its mate.

Liepard (Swallow Pokemon):
- (Attack) Bite (30 damage)
- (Attack) False Swipe (80 damage): If this attack would cause the defending Pokemon to faint, reduce its health to 10 instead.
- Flavor: It plays with its prey before devouring it. Liepard's favorite food is Tandemous and other rodent Pokemon.

Arbok (Swallow Pokemon):
Floatzell (Swallow Pokemon):
I don't really have ideas for this, but I've read too many good stories with Floatzell as preds, so now I can't resist doing one X3
Trapinch (Swallow Pokemon):
Doomed Voltorb:
Attach to an opponent's Swallow Pokemon, self-destruct ability on death. Some mechanical weirdness, but I think the art could be really funny :3
Doomed Pusle/Minum:
Pawsible tag-team, but the downside might be too hard to balance
Vulpix/Alolan Vulpix Couple:
Tag team, I want to do something with prey transfer and couple vore, but I haven't thought through it yet.
Grimer/Muk (Swallow Pokemon):
Evolution/Reproduction on digestion
Doomed Espurr:
Haven't thought it through other than I think Espurr's blank loook would be funny.
Serperior (Swallow Pokemon):
Still workshopping, but likely the ability to treat Zangoose like they're Doomed Pokemon. I'm not sure if there would be much strategic advantage to that though.
Salazzle (Swallow Pokemon):
I haven't thought about it at all other than that I am definitely doing the pheromone scalie X3 I've seen some amazing vore animations for Salazzle so I can't resist adding some art to the pile :3
Lanturn (Swallow Pokemon):

Others that would take too long to list! OwO
foxyoreos
New to the forum

Re: PokeVore Cards

Postby WolfieBoy » Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:10 pm

I do hope you've been asking permission from the artists you've been using the art from.
WolfieBoy
???

Postby foxyoreos » Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:58 am

All of the art is my own <3 That's a big part of why there's only 7 cards done so far, they take a while to draw.

https://aryion.com/g4/view/977463 has larger versions of the card art by itself, since I think some fluffers end up just wanting to see only the drawings occasionally :3
foxyoreos
New to the forum

Postby Joily » Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:14 am

This is really cool!

I appreciate that these aren't just art, but you're working on making them playable, too!

Definitely a pretty cool concept and one I'll keep my eyes on!
Joily
Somewhat familiar

Postby heromc » Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:14 am

Doomed Pikachu is solid! It's actually the card that made me reach out to you :P
Vore Game: FightFuckFeed.me - 750,000 smutty words and counting!
Bunns are not food!
heromc
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby foxyoreos » Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:47 am

Joily wrote:This is really cool! I appreciate that these aren't just art, but you're working on making them playable, too!

Thanks! There are a few design concessions, Pokemon cards typically tell you to shuffle your deck after searching it, but there were a few scenarios where I didn't have space on the cards so I leave that implied. And there are probably some edge-case scenarios that would need to be rules-lawyered. But I want anypony who sees them to be able to at least imagine playing with them because there's something just really satisfying to me about sitting down and reading mechanics, so I'm really happy that some other fluffers are enjoying that aspect too :3

heromc wrote:Doomed Pikachu is solid! It's actually the card that made me reach out to you :P

<3 Doomed Pikachu was an interesting lesson for me as an artist because I have a tendency to chase a lot of details when I draw and really avoid thicker lines, so I wasn't sure about it when I first uploaded it because it doesn't have that really clean flat lines and smoother shading that a card like Stuffed Growlithe has. But then when I went back to start updating the card text later I feel like it's held up better than some of the other pieces I did that took longer. So that's led to me paying a lot more attention to texture and using bolder lines/styles in some of the other (unreleased) PokeVore cards I've started working on since then :3
foxyoreos
New to the forum

Postby foxyoreos » Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:59 pm

Since this is the feedback thread and I'm thinking about mechanics as much as anything else, I don't mind attaching in-progress cards before I do the final versions and upload them to the gallery :3

Rough draft of Doomed Spoink (CW heart attack it's spoink you knew this wtf is this Pokemon how is this canon X3):

Doomed Spoink.png

My pawblem with this card is that it seems really bad? X3

It's a fast way to evolve a Grumpig, which isn't an amazing card. But to get that you run a card that can't do anything and can only heal 20 (the other Doomed Cards can heal 60 or in Pikachu's case 50 but can heal it immediately). And your opponent gets a prize when it dies unless you draw a feeder form. Getting the Grumpig is complicated and requires setup or timing. It's a fast way to have a Doomed Pokemon die, which some Swallow cards like, but Pikachu is better for that. I think I need to add more upside to the Miracle ability so that it's more impactful, but I'm not sure what to do with it :3

Healing 20 instead of 10 is a compromise with theme. I like Pikachu's horrified breakdown ability because thematically pika is both breaking down and BREAKING DOWN, so it makes sense to heal a bunch. But Spoink thematically is just dying, I don't like healing 50 off of that. I thought about adding some post-death benefit like prolonged healing, but fitting it on the card was tough and it felt over-complicated >.<

I suspect the abilities will change on the final card. Spoink either needs something to do before dying, or needs a much better upside than just evolving. Although I've looked up some Pokemon cards and Spoink seems pretty bad even in the regular game, so maybe Spoink is just a bad card? So maybe they won't change who knows X3
foxyoreos
New to the forum

Postby Onewingedangel » Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:34 pm

So, PTCG is in a really really good place right now, very balanced and the meta is wide open and varied with like 8 or 9 different archetypes all entirely viable. I started recently after my kiddo got me involved and have been delighted to find such a rich hobby to share with them. I used to play MtG at a competitive level.

By modern card standards, these would be cute and totally unplayable from any competitive standpoint. Modern EX pokemon average 220 hp, and stage 2's or Vmax's go as high as 330 (there's a few higher, but they aren't currently played).

So... that's fun! If you wanted help redesigning them to be competitive at a modern level I could make suggestions, but it's not like... important lol.
Onewingedangel
Somewhat familiar

Postby foxyoreos » Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:38 am

Onewingedangel wrote:By modern card standards, these would be cute and totally unplayable from any competitive standpoint.

I've been using 2017 cards as my baseline for comparing power levels since that's the copyright that's printed on the Sun/Moon templates. I'm sure that my balance is way off for the modern game :3 But I also suspect that most 2017 cards wouldn't be playable nowadays?

My reference for Spoink is a 50 HP card that has a single 10 damage attack with no effects ( https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Spoink_(Crimson_Invasion_41) ), which is pawbably not a great card, but it was at least a printed card which gives me a tiny bit of confidence that I'm not too far off. I don't know if anypony would have been running Spoink even in 2017, none of the Sun/Moon era Spoink cards I'm seeing look playable to me.

But I'm so out-of-touch with the game. My experience with Pokemon is the original TCG Gameboy games, I am winging all of the balance decisions on the fly X3 I had to change around a few of Growlithe's stats because I only learned about a week ago that Burn did 20 damage instead of 10 X3

I am very much making things up as I go along with no experience or point of reference :3

I'm less concerned with making them fully competitive than I am with the aesthetic of somepony being able to look at them and think, "yeah, other than the theme (and some wording concessions I've made) if I pulled this out in a 2017 pack I wouldn't notice anything horribly wrong." But I wouldn't turn down balancing tips from anypony that actually knows the modern game, I don't remember why I went with Sun/Moon templates instead of something more modern.
foxyoreos
New to the forum

Postby foxyoreos » Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:50 pm

i had actually just forgotten that Palossand existed! X3

From https://pokemondb.net/pokedex/palossand

Each of its grains of sand has its own will. Palossand eats small Pokémon and siphons away their vital essence while they’re still alive.

which, holy fuck

For some reason Palossand doesn't resonate with me the same way as some of the other Pokemon do? Maybe what's throwing me off is just that it hates water and sand cocoons just feel a bit less fun than something cozier? But that's not a reason not to do a card, the premise alone can just be fun... No pawmisses about it, there's a big list and I'm not tackling anything in any specific order, but It makes a lot of sense to do. I'll think about it and try to figure out some potential mechanics.

Scarlet The terrifying Palossand drags smaller Pokémon into its sandy body. Once its victims are trapped, it drains them of their vitality whenever it pleases.
Violet From the hollows in its arms, it fires the bones of its victims, which are all dried up after being drained of their vitality.

it keeps its victims alive while slowly draining them, it consciously chooses when to digest them and can start and stop the process, when they die it does bone disposal, and then fires out those bones at other Pokemon. Also it can possess trainers and force them to build it larger, and it leaves behind half-digested remnants of its victims souls that are forced to hang around or turn into new Sandigast...

I'm not sure what idea I would come up with Palossand that would push it any further than it's already pushed X3 It's more canon vore than even Cramorant. I feel a little silly that I forgot it :3

Palossand and the vulture one that uses cubone skulls as diapers for its young... i always forget that the pokemon devs can be way more fucked up than even I am about this stuff X3
foxyoreos
New to the forum

Postby foxyoreos » Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:50 pm

New card (1/3) featuring artwork adapted (with permission) from Megaladong's ( https://aryion.com/g4/user/Megaladong ) Lulu Pikachu Choose-Your-Own-Adventure story ( https://aryion.com/iss/page.php?story=1010&page=1 ).

Lulu's whole deal is that her story has a lot of branching paths, so her cards' ability is a pretty obvious reference to that X3 Lulu doesn't only get eaten by basic Pokemon, but it would be too OP to allow fetching anything. Her damage ability is a reference to how often Lulu gets into trouble throughout different scenarios by running out of electricity and how inconvenient that sometimes is for her. And her lower cost for retreat is a reference to how often running like hell is the correct choice to make in the story (although not always, in Sadistic Snake it is very much wrong one X3)

A lot of changes came out of this project. It forced me to rewrite the Churn ability and add the badges, which I think makes the cards a lot better :3 It's been going on for a while (and there are 2 other alternate artworks I still need to release) but has led to some good improvements on some other card artwork.

The idea behind these cards was to do something like a Magic the Gathering promotional card or fan card, not something that's officially part of the set but that lets me go off in different directions and not worry about having a consistent worldbuilding. I can also be a bit more explicit with the artwork. So far I haven't done anything too explicit or hard for the cards up until now, but this project has allowed me to push the content further <3

Lulu Pikachu (A Sadistic Snake artwork
CW: sex, animal peepees, harsher source material, lots of fluids X3
ekans-card-combined.png

The card is at https://aryion.com/g4/view/993297 and the card art (including a saliva free version) is uploaded in the related folder: https://aryion.com/g4/view/993292

There are two other cards in this set I'm going to be uploading soon, one of a Pidgeotto from Raindrops on a Sunny Day ( https://aryion.com/g4/view/659994 ) and one with the Tangula from Tangled Up ( https://aryion.com/g4/view/663394 ). Both of those cards will have the same text and mechanics, just different artwork. Both also have holo versions that feature overlapping elements. For the Pidgeotto there's some disposal, for the Tangula I've been trying to figure out some fun things to do with the vines <3 I think my art is getting a bit better with these, in particular they've forced me to get better at fluids :3 I don't have anything else like this lined up, and these cards have taken a loong time to do (and I have some other projects on my plate), so I don't know when I'll try something similar in the future. But never say never, there are stories and characters that might be fun to try to adapt (with authors' permission) <3 I'd pawbably still keep all of this exclusively Pokemon though.

And while its really fun to go all out, it pawbably isn't a great idea for me to take quite this long on every card that I make, so I pawbably won't push other artwork quite this much.
foxyoreos
New to the forum

Postby foxyoreos » Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:38 am

I started work on the first GX card, it's a tag-team Swallow card featuring a vulpix and an alolan vulpix. It's very rough even as a rough draft. I'll pawbably revise the art a couple of times before making a final version :3

I'm not sure at all about the mechanics. GX cards are weird >w< It needs to be powerful enough to justify losing 3 cards when it gets knocked out, it has to have an attack that can only be used once per-game. And the more mechanics that I add, the more of the picture gets covered up ;w;

My first thought as a mechanic is sharing prey. Pawsibly allowing two prey to be attached at a time? My other thought is alternating types, having some system of swapping weakness/type depending on the situation. Lore-wise, I like the idea of two vulpix getting intimate and sharing prey between them as they fuck. So I think there's a lot of potential, but there's a lot of things for me to figure out even before I redraw the art until I'm happy with the rough draft. If anypony has ideas, I'm all ears.

First rough sketch of card art:

I'd like to get the prey involved too, but if that gets in the way of them cuddling that might not be pawsible.
tag-team-base.png
card-art.png

I need to look at some existing Tag Team cards and get a sense for how they work and what their power level is...
foxyoreos
New to the forum

Postby foxyoreos » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:10 am

Figured out a rough draft of both mechanics and art! :3

Vulpix Lovers.png

The ability/attacks are:

(Ability) Foreplay:
If you attach a Doomed Pokemon to this card, choose which Lover to attach it to. Each Lover may hold 1 Pokémon. __(Use their type when calculating weaknesses)__

(Attack) Rhythmic Contraction (fire, water, maybe colorless?): 60 damage
Choose whether this attack does fire or water damage.

(GX Attack) Synced Climax (fire, water, two skulls): 160 damage
Deal 40 fire and 40 water damage to each of your opponent's benched Pokemon.

I am very open to feedback on wording or mechanics or numbers/costs on this, I don't feel like I have a good enough grasp of the mechanics to know if this is at all balanced. This card will introduce a new mechanic, which is "skull" energy. An attack or ability that references these "skull" energies can only be used if a Doomed Pokemon attached to that Pokemon has fainted this turn. Synced Climax requires a fire energy, a water energy, and two "skull" energies. Which means that to use the attack, you need to have two Doomed Pokemon attached to the card and both of them need to faint during that turn >:3

The flavor here is that the two lovers are in sync with each other, they're finishing off their prey at the same time, and then each of them inflicts their own "splash damage" X3 It's meant to be a little overpowered (doing 80 base damage to each opponent's benched Pokemon with a potential for 120 damage depending on weaknesses) because the cost is that unless you're spending two Feeder Form cards on this, your opponent is also getting to draw 2 prize cards when you use the attack (opponents draw prize cards when a Doomed Pokemon faints). So it should be something that can almost win you the game outright or at least get you more than 2 prizes :3

I'm also going to play with having this card be two types, which will require basically making a water and fire version and blending them together. The card is weak to fighting because that's the closest to rock, which would be good against both ice and fire. Needing to attach multiple energy types forces you to run more than one energy type in your deck, which should weaken you a little and make the card less flexible?

I'm also open to feedback on the art/pose rough draft:

card-art-smaller.png

this went through a few revisions, I wanted to get the prey involved. I plan to try and use more textures and holo effects with this card than I normally do :3 I'm not sure how that will go X3 But you can see two Ratata in the background who are being forced to "participate"~ and I'm experimenting a little to figure out how to make them decipherable without breaking the focus on the two Lovers. :3

Anyway, let me know if any of the mechanics don't make sense or are hideously overpowered or underpowered X3
foxyoreos
New to the forum

Return to Work to be shared!