Best size and format for clear images?

News for this website will be posted here. Mostly Technical.
Forum rules
This forum is for technical discussion regarding the portal and vore itself.

Generally speaking, if you have something that needs moderator attention, you should simply Private message Eka. That includes any bug report, error report, violation report, outage report, suggestion, feature request. Etc.

Most topics will be locked as soon as they are acknowledged. Due to the nature that not many people can do anything regarding a technical issue. In that case, if you need something unlocked for any reason. Feel free to message Eka directly.

Best size and format for clear images?

Postby MKX73T » Tue Jul 25, 2023 1:40 am

Best size and format for uploading clear images. And uploading files for a while, but they all turn out kind of granny, even when resized what is the right size and format to get nice clear images?
MKX73T
New to the forum

Re: Best size and format for clear images?

Postby digestor » Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:05 pm

if you mean clear as in transparency, go .png format. if you want them clear as in details being preserved and not getting artifacts when you upload it, go .png too.

.jpgs are the .mp3's of the image world, just the worst quality you can get without actively trying to make it bad.
digestor
Been posting for a bit

Re: Best size and format for clear images?

Postby tigercloud » Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:49 pm

When you still want to save as JPG you can also increase the quality. (I think default is 90% but you can try 94% for example - beware, the higher the quality, the bigger the file-size)

I think JPG is frowned upon for wrong reasons. PNG files tend to get to bloated, especially big Artwork-Files when you don't need transparency and to be honest, no one will zoom in and search for fragments on JPG images, just keep the quality between 90%-99%. visible fragments are usually seen at <90%.
For comparison: A Comic-File (3508x4960) I got from an Artist as PNG was 10.2MB as 90% JPG it was just 2,43 MB, just a quarter of the original size, but looks just as good as the PNG, as long you don't zoom in at pixel level.

More details how JPG works here:
Spoiler: show

If you talk about the Preview-Images, that's just how they are converted by the site, nothing you can change much here, but I think most people know and enlarge the image, if they wanna see the original file. I think you should be aware that JPG saves traffic and Disk-Space, so don't use necessary PNG Files (Except you need transparency)
Angel GTS Vore-Artist - My Gallery
---
Check out the Ekas Disinterest Filter
tigercloud
Participator

Return to Technical stuff