Bug/inconsistency with tags in gallery

News for this website will be posted here. Mostly Technical.
Forum rules
This forum is for technical discussion regarding the portal and vore itself.

Generally speaking, if you have something that needs moderator attention, you should simply Private message Eka. That includes any bug report, error report, violation report, outage report, suggestion, feature request. Etc.

Most topics will be locked as soon as they are acknowledged. Due to the nature that not many people can do anything regarding a technical issue. In that case, if you need something unlocked for any reason. Feel free to message Eka directly.

Bug/inconsistency with tags in gallery

Postby Teruyo » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:25 pm

So a friend noticed an odd thing when trying to tag a picture he was posting: the "willing prey" tag always tries to correct to "willing prey?" There's a "willing" tag, an "unwilling prey" tag, but no "willing prey" option, and the gallery software doesn't let you override suggestions. He ended up just tagging them willing, but it's still odd that this doesn't work. I tested it myself, too, to the same result. I swear you used to be able to create new tags at some point, did that break or get removed?
Teruyo
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Bug/inconsistency with tags in gallery

Postby Suibelly » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:37 pm

The tagging system is just a little finicky. I have the opposite option where sometimes it will go with "unwilling prey " instead of the system recognized "Unwilling Prey". In order to create a new tag the simplest way is just to hit save without pressing enter or selecting the suggested option.
Suibelly
Somewhat familiar

Re: Bug/inconsistency with tags in gallery

Postby Eka » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:30 pm

There is a list of alias we change common typo to correct tag. But that is it. What you are seeing is by design. Just use the tag it alias to actually increase consistency in the whole tag system.

The real problem is that the interface isn't very clear about why it does that. We will update those when we have time. It is a known issue.
Eka
Administrator

Return to Technical stuff