The End of Gumroad for NSFW creators

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: The End of Gumroad for NSFW creators

Postby GastricAztec » Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:45 am

There might be ways around this…

A non-fatal vore video or comic where the shrunken people are criminals who wronged the person who shrinks them, but they get either vomited back up and survive, or they get pulled brought a space warp out of the stomach and survive. Maybe that will get past their censors.

One option in addition to the other options I mentioned is for the whole scenario to turn out be a dream in the end. Would that work around the consent rule?
Everyone has a plan until they end up in someone’s belly!
GastricAztec
Advanced Vorarephile

Location: In the belly of a colossal cannibalistic co-ed collegian!

Postby VictorBound » Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:40 am

GastricAztec wrote:There might be ways around this…

A non-fatal vore video or comic where the shrunken people are criminals who wronged the person who shrinks them, but they get either vomited back up and survive, or they get pulled brought a space warp out of the stomach and survive. Maybe that will get past their censors.

One option in addition to the other options I mentioned is for the whole scenario to turn out be a dream in the end. Would that work around the consent rule?

Unfortunately, the sites that are coming down on fetish works are making it clear that they will not accept certain types of "work arounds" on fetish material. Unfortunately, even some of the TAMEST vore artists have been nuked from orbit.

That said, many vore artists are trying to stick around in places for as long as they can get away with it, but, their days are numbered on certain sites. Some have tried to alter or censor works to get around rules, but from what ive seen it just doenst seem to matter.

What annoys me is how on deviantart, mildy strange fetish artists getting nuked, while straight up weirder, and more violent or gorey thing, or ai spam gets allowed to THRIVE.
Also, most of the moderation is bots now, so.... eh, not as much human "common sense" is used in moderation now. So even if you make things tame, as soon as the bot detects the "offending" material, its just nuked.
VictorBound
Somewhat familiar

Postby dreamweevil » Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:39 am

dragonfires wrote:The internet was a lot better when it wasn't so commercialized, a place for hobbyists and enthusiasts rather than just a place to make money. So I'm happy to see anything that makes commercialization a little harder, even if it's only in a narrow area like this.

I look at it from the consumer (purchasing) side. There are plenty of artists I wouldn't mind supporting - but doing so creates a trail that lives forever and traces back to me. So no matter how much I'd like to see how a sexy webcomic ends... it's just never going to be worth it. At this point it's fair to ask: what big company with all that valuable data hasn't carelessly leaked it all?

On the other hand, if there's no money involved, it becomes (at least in the US) a matter of free expression, which (even if you're not in the US) I think everyone needs to have as a human right. If you have a bunch of hobbyists sharing their creations with each other because they like what they do - rather than as a job, it's a lot harder to block.
dreamweevil
Participator

Postby GastricAztec » Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:11 pm

Instead of relying on someone else’s digital platform, why not publish comics and have them sent to you, then advertise them online and ship them out to buyers yourself? If you print them in bulk, you could pay 25 cents per copy, and charge two or three dollars, so even if you only sell half of them, you’ll still quadruple your money. You should only accept postal money orders, no personal checks.

The upfront fee is high, but if you have a popular comic book, you should be able to make a decent profit.
Everyone has a plan until they end up in someone’s belly!
GastricAztec
Advanced Vorarephile

Location: In the belly of a colossal cannibalistic co-ed collegian!

Postby Groblek » Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:36 pm

I can’t see going back to hard copy printing being viable - among other issues, it’ll definitely cost more than $0.25/copy - if you’re lucky, you might get that as a per page cost here, and then there’s the matter of having a private enough space to store copies, plus shipping expenses (especially international shipping). As an idea of the scale one could expect, the comic I’ve had out the longest and most successful one was “The Anatomy and Physiology of Unbirthing”, and since 2016 we’ve almost sold 1,000 copies. There’s no way to get decent economies of scale with this stuff, it’s just too niche of an interest. If I had to hand-fill orders, deposit and verify money orders, etc, the total wouldn’t even cover the cost of my time dealing with the accounting and shipping, much less pay the artist.

That said, I expect to see more artists realize that it was a mistake to give up control of our work in exchange for not having to do the work of running a website. Especially since setting up one with an adult-content friendly host is now much easier than it was 20 years ago, when I last used one. I finally got one myself, and took two days that I’d have preferred to spend writing setting it up, but now when one payment processor decides to be problematic, I can switch as needed, and not worry about everything disappearing at someone else’s whim.
Cheers,
Groblek
https://groblek.com
Groblek
Intermediate Vorarephile

Previous

Return to General Vore Discussion