Hammerspace vore (discussion)

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Hammerspace vore (discussion)

Postby sabrina_diamond » Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:34 pm

I have a ditzy archmage character called mistress Olapen! And she has the ability to store all of her weapons and healing potions inside her very own 'hammerspace' dimension whenever she is not on medieval adventures... Please reference miss Olapen when citing your examples, and you can use any of my other characters in your examples too! :gulp:

All she does is cast a spell and the extra stuff is vacuumed inside Olapen's very own dimension (until she needs of it again)! In fact, she has a whole museum of random stuff in her own little biopunk dimension, rare artefacts that she's procured over the years of adventuring...

But I have not thought through what are the advantages and disadvantages of having a rather vorish hammerspace-dimension?
Last edited by sabrina_diamond on Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
*Chomp, slideee, gurgle gurgle* Must have ate something off! *screaming*
sabrina_diamond
???

Re: Hammerspace vore (discussion)

Postby IvesBentonEaton » Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:07 am

Well, that depends on the rules of magic that apply. Often, because it detailed in this and has been around for longer than a lot of people have been alive, Dungeons and Dragons is used as reference material. There, she would have to be careful not to end up in an extradimensional space herself, or she could be subject to the whole "portable hole inside a bag of holding" phenomenon. Being sucked through the resulting hole in space-time and having one's viscera spilled into the astral plane is generally considered objectionable.

Additionally, one might consider what happens when she encounters a null magic zone. Mostly likely, her "hammerspace" becomes inaccessible. Likewise, a targeted dispel magic on her might prove a nuisance.

If she ever encounters a Mordenkainen's disjunction, the unhappy effects would be the equivalent of opening Fibber McGee's hall closet. If she survived the effects, then she would have to re-create her "hammerspace" from scratch.

All in all, it is not something my wizards would likely want to try—but of course, that is only if the rules in her universe are similar.
Last edited by IvesBentonEaton on Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Come and hear the Tales of a Visceral Voyager
If you don’t, Zōēā’s poor snake will go hungry.
You wouldn’t want that, would you? :(
IvesBentonEaton
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby sabrina_diamond » Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:26 pm

The name of Olapen's very own hammerspace spell is called "Inner Sanctum" by the way, she's an experience practitioner of advanced magic so any lower-level mages or witches will have great difficulty with casting the same spell.

Any more questions about Olapen's magical hammerspace dimension that I can answer currently?
sabrina_diamond
???

Postby Bright » Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:58 am

Would it trigger a metal detector if she ate anything metallic?
Visit my artblog?
Spoiler: show
http://julienbrightsidesart.blogspot.no/
Bright
Heavy user

Postby sabrina_diamond » Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:43 am

It could quite possibly do so, depending on how fast Olapen ate it!
sabrina_diamond
???

Postby T145 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:41 am

sabrina_diamond wrote:I have a ditzy archmage character called mistress Olapen! And she has the ability to store all of her weapons and healing potions inside her very own 'hammerspace' dimension whenever she is not on medieval adventures... Please reference miss Olapen when citing your examples, and you can use any of my other characters in your examples too! :gulp:

All she does is cast a spell and the extra stuff is vacuumed inside Olapen's very own dimension (until she needs of it again)! In fact, she has a whole museum of random stuff in her own little biopunk dimension, rare artefacts that she's procured over the years of adventuring...

But I have not thought through what are the advantages and disadvantages of having a rather vorish hammerspace-dimension?

Assuming that it's not connected to her inside directly, it'd be a safe space to store something that wouldn't be otherwise practical to fit, especially if she doesn't need to deal with the mass involved.

If it did connect directly to her insides, you could suddenly fit a very big person in a small package, whenever that might be useful. And someone might be able to interact with things that way, like having a friend heal her from within, rather than be at risk of whatever's going on outside.

Downsides if it was connected to her insides is that she could be hurt if anything goes wrong, and that her body might have to deal with the strain, limiting her from expanding it infinitely (in addition to the spell's limitations).

Downside if it wasn't connected would be that it'd be hard to keep track of things, and depending on how she gets stuff in/out, people might be a little uncomfortable. Your average innkeeper who's asked Olapen to find her missing wife might not be so happy to see Olapen pull her mildly traumatised wife from said hammerspace. There's also the matter of sorting through it, and whether something might be safe to store in that kind of condition. Assuming that the hammerspace is meaty (and not just some kind of void), stuff like books or food would degrade quickly.

Although there is the question of what the capacity and limits of said hammerspace are. Could Olapen put enemies into it?
T145
Been posting for a bit

Postby sabrina_diamond » Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:11 am

Olapen has never tried yet, but is willing to try new experiences. Any other questions for miss Olapen? (Also, happy CNY!) Feel free to ask almost any questions
sabrina_diamond
???

Postby GojiraMetaru » Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:36 am

In Tambo the protagonist carries their items in their stomach including numerous baby chicks they had to rescue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HV1kHqHYdvY

Last bumped by sabrina_diamond on Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:36 am.
GojiraMetaru
New to the forum

Return to General Vore Discussion