Dealbreakers in vore

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: Dealbreakers in vore

Postby AdrianIlliovici » Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:52 am

alockwood1 wrote:I suppose a deal-breaker is when the Predator is basically a Mary Sue, where every time they open their mouth, Prey just magical jumps in, somehow (and that's not just when the Predator uses such magical-like abilities). Also, unreasonably overpowered predators are just annoying.

I mean, let's take two werewolves, and let's pit them against a group of 100 Greco-Roman Era soldiers armed with the appropriate weapons. Are you sure that 2 werewolves could really beat 100 of these guys, especially if the soldiers were out for blood because the werewolves killed members of the Royal family? I think that the werewolves would end up being turned into pincushions, and then restrained. After that, it's simply a matter of finding enough silver coins to choke them to death.

I'm kind of like the exact opposite. I fucking love when preds are effectively just gods. Literally can't be touched by prey. I don't know how to explain it other than I like it when reality itself feels as if it's literally just against the prey. Like the prey it gonna get vored by the pred no matter what - almost like some sort of Final Destination death. Like, if the prey runs? Have them constantly trip and fall until the pred finally catches up to them. If the prey tries fighting back? Well, either the hits literally have no effect on the pred, or the pred themselves is quite handy in hand-to-hand combat themselves. If the prey has a firearm? Let's have the gun constantly jam for no other reason other than because reality has said "No, you're not allowed to do that."

Like, it's kind of like a nightmare where you're being chased by something/someone. The chaser(in this case, would be the pred) is like an unstoppable object, that's constantly catching up to you. And you(the prey) is constantly trying to get away, but it feels absolutely impossible to do so. Not only does it feel like you move at a snail's pace, but it feels as if no matter where you go, the chaser ALWAYS knows where you are. That's kind of what I like vore to be like.
AdrianIlliovici
Been posting for a bit

Postby Chameleonette » Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:50 pm

A dealbreaker for me is where the vore has to be viewed at realistic, whether it's a particular setting or not---or in having realistic or real problems forced onto me through my own fantasies by people that don't agree with them. It's just literally the worst for me to be told off, often in multiple mansplaining paragraphs, that my fantasy 'depicts rl violence' or is somehow 'encouraging' people to take part in it. Or that I should 'expect' people don't like my "smug grin" pred boys or have issue with them and M/F in general. And five freakin' paragraphs about why.

I'll be fully honest: I don't give a shit. It's a fantasy for me. It's my fantasy. I don't force people to look at or read any of my stuff, but it never prevents people from coming out of the woodwork to tell me what a horrible person I am and that I advocate for poor treatment of women and worse. People can like or not like whatever they want, but when they try to impose that over me as a person and attempt to make me feel guilty and/or ashamed of myself for something I stress is purely a fantasy, I just have absolutely no patience or understanding for it.

If people want to view vore realistically or through the lens of real life issues and problems, that's their decision and I respect it. But I don't like it forced onto me or my work---which is strictly a fantasy, as that is what vore is to me. And I steer clear of vore that treats it as very realistic or focuses on realism for these and other reasons. I don't like the fantasy to be broken. And I was somewhat recently sent a story via anon messages on tumblr where someone actually stuck me into the story---not Chammy, but using my RL first name and other things about me that made me super uncomfortable. And while I don't judge anyone who likes that realism or vore that close to home (you do and enjoy what makes you happy), it is just not for me. I can't enjoy it. I need for it to be a fantasy.
Passionate advocate of M/F vore.

My RP Seeking Thread: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=35501
Chameleonette
---

Postby alockwood1 » Thu Sep 28, 2023 6:22 pm

Chameleonette wrote:A dealbreaker for me is where the vore has to be viewed at realistic, whether it's a particular setting or not---or in having realistic or real problems forced onto me through my own fantasies by people that don't agree with them. It's just literally the worst for me to be told off, often in multiple mansplaining paragraphs, that my fantasy 'depicts rl violence' or is somehow 'encouraging' people to take part in it. Or that I should 'expect' people don't like my "smug grin" pred boys or have issue with them and M/F in general. And five freakin' paragraphs about why.

I'll be fully honest: I don't give a shit. It's a fantasy for me. It's my fantasy. I don't force people to look at or read any of my stuff, but it never prevents people from coming out of the woodwork to tell me what a horrible person I am and that I advocate for poor treatment of women and worse. People can like or not like whatever they want, but when they try to impose that over me as a person and attempt to make me feel guilty and/or ashamed of myself for something I stress is purely a fantasy, I just have absolutely no patience or understanding for it.

If people want to view vore realistically or through the lens of real life issues and problems, that's their decision and I respect it. But I don't like it forced onto me or my work---which is strictly a fantasy, as that is what vore is to me. And I steer clear of vore that treats it as very realistic or focuses on realism for these and other reasons. I don't like the fantasy to be broken. And I was somewhat recently sent a story via anon messages on tumblr where someone actually stuck me into the story---not Chammy, but using my RL first name and other things about me that made me super uncomfortable. And while I don't judge anyone who likes that realism or vore that close to home (you do and enjoy what makes you happy), it is just not for me. I can't enjoy it. I need for it to be a fantasy.

Ouch, and kind of creepy if the name isn't just a coincidence.
alockwood1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Jayezox » Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:15 pm

Chameleonette wrote:A dealbreaker for me is where the vore has to be viewed at realistic, whether it's a particular setting or not---or in having realistic or real problems forced onto me through my own fantasies by people that don't agree with them. It's just literally the worst for me to be told off, often in multiple mansplaining paragraphs, that my fantasy 'depicts rl violence' or is somehow 'encouraging' people to take part in it. Or that I should 'expect' people don't like my "smug grin" pred boys or have issue with them and M/F in general. And five freakin' paragraphs about why.

Using your RL name isn't just creepy, but it could be illegal especially in erotica.
Jayezox
---

Postby Chameleonette » Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:42 pm

alockwood1 wrote:

It wasn't coincidence. They mentioned Chammy and my Vtuber (Rashiira) as well, but specified that it was the woman behind them. They also knew things about the place that I live. I was extremely, extremely creeped out. The pred character was also never described at all, but it was all told from that person's POV. Very disturbing. I still don't know if was deliberately written to unnerve and freak me out or what.

Jayezox wrote:

Using your RL name isn't just creepy, but it could be illegal especially in erotica.

Unfortunately, I couldn't determine who they were. It wasn't straight up Anonymous, but the account they used for it had no posts or interactions so it was no different from being anonymous, really. And when I sent them private messages to say that I found it disturbing, regardless of their intentions, and questioned them about it, they gave me no response.

Chameleonette
---

Postby alockwood1 » Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:11 pm

Chameleonette wrote:
It wasn't coincidence. They mentioned Chammy and my Vtuber (Rashiira) as well, but specified that it was the woman behind them. They also knew things about the place that I live. I was extremely, extremely creeped out. The pred character was also never described at all, but it was all told from that person's POV. Very disturbing. I still don't know if was deliberately written to unnerve and freak me out or what.

Personally, I'd counter that by mentioning how your characters decided to get knives, say Bowies or something similar, to make certain things easier, while going to your local Tractor Supply Company and picking one up (surprisingly easy at this time of the year). Alternatively, CRKT has the Minimalist line of EDC knives that can either be worn around the neck, or around the waist with a quick attachment - perfect for predators needing help in getting killing strikes in, as well as to help prey to defend themselves. Depending on your local laws, most officers won't care that you got them, so long as you're not foolish, and it gives you a better understanding on how they might function in your stories.

Besides, smart predators know better than to go after prey that's expecting them, and is prepared to make sure that the predator regrets trying to make a meal out of them. Those that are too tough to chew aren't worth the eating.
alockwood1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby WaterWheel » Fri Sep 29, 2023 1:18 am

Chameleonette wrote:
alockwood1 wrote:

Jayezox wrote:

Unfortunately, I couldn't determine who they were. It wasn't straight up Anonymous, but the account they used for it had no posts or interactions so it was no different from being anonymous, really. And when I sent them private messages to say that I found it disturbing, regardless of their intentions, and questioned them about it, they gave me no response.

Okay, that's super creepy. I'm sorry you've had to deal with that.
WaterWheel
New to the forum

Postby Lonnie » Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:31 am

One of my limits is verbal and emotional abuse, but NOT physical abuse. Barring specific gorey scenarios, I love being treated roughly or in an extremely humiliating manner, and watching prey ladies get the same treatment- but as SOON as there's some dialogue about the prey being "worthless, insignificant, stupid" etc, or something regarding the pred being intentionally nonchalant (or worse, enjoying the fact) while knowing the prey is panicking/suffering etc...instant irredeemable turnoff. I really don't get why this is so bad to me, but having the most vile physical acts happening to me is fine.. This is why I say I don't like unwilling because it so often involves some sort of verbal/emotional/psychological torture happening, but there ARE a select few instances where I can enjoy it if those aren't present.

Another example of this is with G/t scenarios, I really dislike the trope of tinies being obviously treated as lesser beings with no rights or whatever, because of their size. Like, go ahead and trample me or stick me in your [REDACTED], that's perfect! But god forbid I or the tiny in whatever work I'm viewing is called a speck or bug.
Last edited by Lonnie on Fri Sep 29, 2023 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Average M/f enjoyer
Lonnie
Somewhat familiar

Postby Chameleonette » Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:55 am

Lonnie wrote:One of my limits is verbal and emotional abuse, but NOT physical abuse. Barring specific gorey scenarios, I love being treated roughly or in an extremely humiliating manner, and watching prey ladies get the same treatment- but as SOON as there's some dialogue about the prey being "worthless, insignificant, stupid" etc, or something regarding the pred being intentionally nonchalant (or worse, enjoying the fact) while knowing the prey is panicking/suffering etc...instant irredeemable turnoff. I really don't get why this is so bad to be, but having the most vile physical acts happening to me is fine.. This is why I say I don't like unwilling because it so often involves some sort of verbal/emotional/psychological torture happening, but there ARE a select few instances where I can enjoy it if those aren't present.

Another example of this is with G/t scenarios, I really dislike the trope of tinies being obviously treated as lesser beings with no rights or whatever, because of their size. Like, go ahead and trample me or stick me in your [REDACTED], that's perfect! But god forbid I or the tiny in whatever work I'm viewing is called a speck or bug.

This is very close how I feel too, actually. I have personal reasons for it, but degradation is a huge and instant turn-off for me from vore scenarios (and any scenarios actually). If they were roleplaying and that was part of the consensual roleplaying, that would be one thing. But I can't take the pred seriously calling the prey worthless/just a snack/insignificant/forgettable/pathetic, etc. And yet, I still really like vore to be fatal with digestion, etc. So perhaps I'm a bit weirder with my preferences on this front. Ultimately, I just prefer that the pred enjoys his prey immensely and possessiveness and anything that points to the opposite of the degrading scale is 1000% up my alley. And unfortunately, it's rare that you ever really find pred types that feel this way or view things similarly (with unwilling/fatal and fully intentional)---particularly male preds.

Chameleonette
---

Postby alockwood1 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 3:23 pm

I suppose that an annoyance is when someone calls something of mine that has Fatal vore "Hot", and yet is very dismissive of something of mine when the vore is non-fatal (or there's reformation), even when the situation is basically the same besides the fatal versus non-fatal aspect.

Makes me wonder if they get off on death. (And it's funny when they, or their friends, accuse me of getting off on blood and gore when I suggest that a Resistance against Predators would have weapons, and that there should be at least a few dead predators after a fight, especially when the predators are ordinary animals, and not a group of sapient predators. That being said, I don't get off on death.)
alockwood1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby alockwood1 » Wed Oct 04, 2023 2:47 pm

AdrianIlliovici wrote:
alockwood1 wrote:I suppose a deal-breaker is when the Predator is basically a Mary Sue, where every time they open their mouth, Prey just magical jumps in, somehow (and that's not just when the Predator uses such magical-like abilities). Also, unreasonably overpowered predators are just annoying.

I mean, let's take two werewolves, and let's pit them against a group of 100 Greco-Roman Era soldiers armed with the appropriate weapons. Are you sure that 2 werewolves could really beat 100 of these guys, especially if the soldiers were out for blood because the werewolves killed members of the Royal family? I think that the werewolves would end up being turned into pincushions, and then restrained. After that, it's simply a matter of finding enough silver coins to choke them to death.

I'm kind of like the exact opposite. I fucking love when preds are effectively just gods. Literally can't be touched by prey. I don't know how to explain it other than I like it when reality itself feels as if it's literally just against the prey. Like the prey it gonna get vored by the pred no matter what - almost like some sort of Final Destination death. Like, if the prey runs? Have them constantly trip and fall until the pred finally catches up to them. If the prey tries fighting back? Well, either the hits literally have no effect on the pred, or the pred themselves is quite handy in hand-to-hand combat themselves. If the prey has a firearm? Let's have the gun constantly jam for no other reason other than because reality has said "No, you're not allowed to do that."

Like, it's kind of like a nightmare where you're being chased by something/someone. The chaser(in this case, would be the pred) is like an unstoppable object, that's constantly catching up to you. And you(the prey) is constantly trying to get away, but it feels absolutely impossible to do so. Not only does it feel like you move at a snail's pace, but it feels as if no matter where you go, the chaser ALWAYS knows where you are. That's kind of what I like vore to be like.

To be fair, I don't mind the Prey losing to the Predator, but I hate it when the Predator wins way too easily. In a situation where life and death are on the line, I prefer it when the Prey fights back, maybe even getting a few licks in during the fight, even drawing some blood. The idea of Healthy Prey that just wants a Predator to just eat them smacks of a very sinful form of suicide to me. Might as well as replace the Predator with a gun to the chin in my opinion.
alockwood1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby DevourerOfLolis » Wed Oct 04, 2023 3:40 pm

Good god. Shit like this is why I don't and will never use social media. I try really hard to keep my vore identity and casual everyday identity separate. So if some jackass crawled out from out of a rock and talked to me on my normal online identity as if I was DevourerOfLolis I'd be both pissed and terrified. Sorry you had to experience shit like that.
Passionate advocate of female prey. As well as a passionate advocate of male preds to eat those ladies~ Though other preds are acceptable as well.
DevourerOfLolis
Participator

Postby DevourerOfLolis » Wed Oct 04, 2023 3:57 pm

More on topic with this tread. One dealbreaker I didn't realize was a dealbreaker until I started to explore interactive vore stories is reformation and sentient fat.
I like the finality of death. I like that fact that once you digest a girl, willing or unwilling, she's gone forever. With the former, it makes the decision to eat her (assuming the pred knows her) much more heavy, and with the latter, it enhances and justifies the preys fear of getting eaten. Reformation just cheapens the whole experience to me to the point I can't get any enjoyment from it. As for sentient fat, on top of everything I said, it just feels really, really stupid to me. Not trying to step on anyone's toes by saying that, but every sentient fat story I read just honestly makes me cringe.

If I want prey to survive getting eaten, I'd just settle for endosoma and regurgitation.
Passionate advocate of female prey. As well as a passionate advocate of male preds to eat those ladies~ Though other preds are acceptable as well.
DevourerOfLolis
Participator

Postby AdrianIlliovici » Wed Oct 04, 2023 4:53 pm

alockwood1 wrote:
AdrianIlliovici wrote:

To be fair, I don't mind the Prey losing to the Predator, but I hate it when the Predator wins way too easily. In a situation where life and death are on the line, I prefer it when the Prey fights back, maybe even getting a few licks in during the fight, even drawing some blood. The idea of Healthy Prey that just wants a Predator to just eat them smacks of a very sinful form of suicide to me. Might as well as replace the Predator with a gun to the chin in my opinion.

Oh, I never said I like when the prey want to get eaten, cause I honestly kinda don't. I love it when preys are absolutely terrified of preds and getting eaten. That's what makes it hot hehe. I'm just saying that I like it when the pred feels almost like a force of nature. Like, prey literally cannot do anything to them. Can't escape them, can't hurt them, can't kill them. No matter what the prey does, the pred will always win. Simply because reality as a whole seems to be on the pred's side(again, it's like some Final Destination shit). Like, no matter how the prey resist and no matter how much they resist, they will only end up dying tired.
AdrianIlliovici
Been posting for a bit

Postby AdrianIlliovici » Wed Oct 04, 2023 4:58 pm

DevourerOfLolis wrote:More on topic with this tread. One dealbreaker I didn't realize was a dealbreaker until I started to explore interactive vore stories is reformation and sentient fat.
I like the finality of death. I like that fact that once you digest a girl, willing or unwilling, she's gone forever. With the former, it makes the decision to eat her (assuming the pred knows her) much more heavy, and with the latter, it enhances and justifies the preys fear of getting eaten. Reformation just cheapens the whole experience to me to the point I can't get any enjoyment from it. As for sentient fat, on top of everything I said, it just feels really, really stupid to me. Not trying to step on anyone's toes by saying that, but every sentient fat story I read just honestly makes me cringe.

If I want prey to survive getting eaten, I'd just settle for endosoma and regurgitation.

Based. Based. Based. 100% based. Reformation feels like it exist for vore fans who *WANT* to have prey die in their vore stuff, but also have a weird moral code, and think "Oh no, if I enjoy a FICTIONAL CHARACTER dying, that might make me a bad person, so I should bring them back!" I honestly don't get it.
AdrianIlliovici
Been posting for a bit

Postby alockwood1 » Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:33 pm

I suppose the thing that annoys me a great deal, is when Predator and Prey are good friends, and the Predator just, out of the blue, decides to eat the Prey. Now, if there was some sort of long-term betrayal going on, okay, but I dislike it when out of nowhere Walter the Wolf just eats Sam the Sheep, especially in a fatal scenario. Now, if alcohol/drugs were involved, okay, same with the wolf being a sleep-eater, or if Sam had done something to destroy their friendship with Walter (take your pick there) - but having it come out of nowhere.... just kills it.

Another is having a Pet to be Prey. Livestock, I get (farmer's son here), but I don't see the purpose of having a Pet, only to turn them into food, save for a life or death situation where the Predator is facing Starvation. After all, most folks don't buy cats or dogs (or other pets) with plans of turning them into a meal.
alockwood1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby DevourerOfLolis » Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:38 pm

AdrianIlliovici wrote:
DevourerOfLolis wrote:More on topic with this tread. One dealbreaker I didn't realize was a dealbreaker until I started to explore interactive vore stories is reformation and sentient fat.

Based. Based. Based. 100% based. Reformation feels like it exist for vore fans who *WANT* to have prey die in their vore stuff, but also have a weird moral code, and think "Oh no, if I enjoy a FICTIONAL CHARACTER dying, that might make me a bad person, so I should bring them back!" I honestly don't get it.

I don't mind it if someone wants to take a fetish that innately involves something that would be morally reprehensible in real life and takes the part that makes it morally reprehensible and removes it. It's same for people who like 1000 year old lolis and willing slaves. All the power to them. For some people the fictional context just isn't enough to make them feel comfortable with it.
I'm just of the opinion that jacking off to fetish art of a dark fetish is no different than playing a game of "how many civilians can I run over before the cops stop me" in a game like GTA, and reformation specifically kills a lot of the enjoyment for me. It would be like if GTA made it so that no matter how many times you shoot, run over, or blowup a civilian, they would just get up and say "That was very rude!" without so much as shedding a drop of blood. Sure, you could say it's a bit funny. But it would probably kill a lot of the enjoyment of it for some.
DevourerOfLolis
Participator

Postby Assimilation » Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:01 am

AdrianIlliovici wrote:

I generally hate reformation in my vore content, but I've learned to coexist with its enjoyers.

In gaming genres, I love roguelikes and other types of game with permadeath, or whichever games include mechanics that can't be re-picked to give a weighty finality to the choices made. But it's clear as day that the majority of gamers would rather want gameplay where death isn't a total loss or even a major setback. From this lens, I've learned to trust that people who don't care for permanent fatal vore know what they are asking for and prefer it.
Assimilation
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby AdrianIlliovici » Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:37 am

Assimilation wrote:
AdrianIlliovici wrote:

I generally hate reformation in my vore content, but I've learned to coexist with its enjoyers.

In gaming genres, I love roguelikes and other types of game with permadeath, or whichever games include mechanics that can't be re-picked to give a weighty finality to the choices made. But it's clear as day that the majority of gamers would rather want gameplay where death isn't a total loss or even a major setback. From this lens, I've learned to trust that people who don't care for permanent fatal vore know what they are asking for and prefer it.

Oh, I have no problem with the people who enjoy it. I just don't get it myself. Like, what's the point of killing the prey off, if you're just gonna bring them back? Then again, I love it when vore is pretty much as cruel and sadistic as possible. So any time the prey seem to catch a break, or get it easy, it kinda turns me off. So it's just not really for me.
AdrianIlliovici
Been posting for a bit

Postby alockwood1 » Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:28 pm

Something that is an annoyance is, in cases of Willing Fatal scenarios, folks forget the following tags -

Suicide and Assisted Suicide (and perhaps Assisted Suicide Vore)

I mean, I understand it when one puts in two dozen plus tags and forgets to think about those particular tags, but when one creates a scenario that is about suicide, it would be a good idea to put those tags in. Of course, when one intentionally doesn't put them in, then it annoys me.
alockwood1
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to General Vore Discussion