Effects of vore on mundane life

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Effects of vore on mundane life

Postby SnaxiTums » Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:35 pm

Hello again everyone.

Lately I’ve been thinking about how vore would shape a society. Not in any broad, sweeping societal shifts, but rather in the mundane things like plumbing and food.

A couple of examples I have in mind: toilets and accomodation.

In a society where people can eat people whole, plumbing would have to be radically different. Stronger suction would be required, along with wider pipes and a sewerage system that can handle bones, clothing, and various personal items such as telephones. Even more changes would be needed if size difference exists, but that’s a different case. Between the extra water for flushing, pipes big enough to crawl through, and treatment plants that would resemble ossuaries, I can imagine it’d be a very expensive system.

Also in such a society would be a new niche: stomach renting. I can definitely see people wanting to pay to spend an evening in someone else’s stomach, stewing in their gastric juices and the chewed up remnants of their food. Perhaps people would pay to stay longer, surviving in such conditions for days; such a thing would certainly take a toll on the pred, being unable to process nutrients for days (this is assuming they even have the level of bodily control for that). I can also see cases of preds simply digesting their customers, whether because the customer refused to pay or simply due to hunger and carelessness; I’d expect a few lawsuits from relatives as a result of these events.

Anyways, I’d love to hear what anyone else thinks. I had a lot of fun reading the responses the last time I came up with an oddly specific question.
SnaxiTums
Been posting for a bit

Re: Effects of vore on mundane life

Postby CandySquirrel » Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:44 am

If we're talking about fatal vore, then we natural consequence for society would be wide-spread ... well ... fatalism. Why care about tomorrow, if you could get eaten any moment. So, long-term projects, plans and schedules won't be a thing, society would quickly devolve and collapse.
CandySquirrel
Somewhat familiar

Postby Briarheart » Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:46 am

CandySquirrel wrote:If we're talking about fatal vore, then we natural consequence for society would be wide-spread ... well ... fatalism. Why care about tomorrow, if you could get eaten any moment. So, long-term projects, plans and schedules won't be a thing, society would quickly devolve and collapse.

I mean sure, in a society with unwilling vore taking place without legal consequences. You'd imagine that prey society would work hard to defend itself from that though and that preds would live apart from them, only eating a sustainable number to avoid population collapse.
Briarheart
New to the forum

Postby SnaxiTums » Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:23 pm

Briarheart wrote:I mean sure, in a society with unwilling vore taking place without legal consequences. You'd imagine that prey society would work hard to defend itself from that though and that preds would live apart from them, only eating a sustainable number to avoid population collapse.

Particularly in a society exposed to vore for long enough you’d probably see some sort of regulation to help preserve the prey population, even for the predators’ sake (you don’t want food suddenly running out). If society had always had vore then I’d imagine there’d be an established equilibrium, with laws being created after certain population booms upset the predator-prey balance.
SnaxiTums
Been posting for a bit

Postby Loverofhalo » Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:07 am

Particularly in a society exposed to vore for long enough you’d probably see some sort of regulation to help preserve the prey population, even for the predators’ sake (you don’t want food suddenly running out). If society had always had vore then I’d imagine there’d be an established equilibrium, with laws being created after certain population booms upset the predator-prey balance.

If the predators are detectable in any way, and any weapons existed, it would be a total war between the two groups until the prey either wiped out the predators, or are completely subdued. It's an entire group of either obligate or frequently voluntary serial killers, no society would or could allow that to exist.
Loverofhalo
New to the forum

Postby Bright » Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:32 am

Phones would be built to handle liquids better and being eaten would be a legitimate reason as to not show up for work :p
Visit my artblog?
Spoiler: show
http://julienbrightsidesart.blogspot.no/
Bright
Heavy user

Postby Tekknö » Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:39 pm

I wonder if for people who dislike vore, it could possibly be used as a form of punishment.

I sentence you to four days of being vore:
NOOOOOOOO!
Tekknö
New to the forum

Postby FloozyFox » Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:34 pm

I was thinking about that recently as I was thinking about my oc and what kind of world I want to use them in etc.
One of the thoughts I had was what if vore is sort of an open secret. Preds are found in every part of society but society at large isn't exactly aware of them because preds cover for each other as they are all in this boat together. Basically the "establishment" is full of preds who are enabling all of this. Someone mysteriously goes missing? Well, I guess that's another case that can never be solved. Someone saw something they shouldn't? They go missing too. Upset people openly saying the government is actively eating people or covering for people who do? That's silly! Those are just conspiracy theorists who you shouldn't associate with! You might think that people would notice so many people going missing, but if the statistics list them as "traffic accidents" or "heart disease" the headcount would be correct and not look suspicious at all and no individual could ever hope to prove that something else is going on. The only people who have the resources to uncover it all are in it themselves.

For that to realistically work preds would have to make up a small percentage of the population, large enough to concert such efforts but small enough that their hunger isn't destabilizing the health of the population. Also preds would have to be eating other preds too because otherwise it really is one group vs the other, but if more preds means more preds being eaten by other preds then this ecosystem could self-regulate and still form a somewhat stable population.
FloozyFox
New to the forum

Postby BMUd8854 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:27 pm

Well I've been compiling a document detailing stuff like this in a "What If" alternate universe where vore exists and its impacts in society for possible writings in the future and so far I covered a lot from races, cultures, societies, and religion (to a limited extent, may even delete it, depends if I think it might be too hazardous lol). Haven't gotten to the infrastructure part and tbh I didn't think of the plumbing part yet and how complex it could be until you brought it up. Probably not going to add it though as it looks like I might be able to self-correct things in the universe through strategically placed lore.

Its fun when lore elements becomes a natural check to other lore elements.
Feel free to critique my work so I can improve in the future.
BMUd8854
Been posting for a bit

Postby go47 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:38 pm

FloozyFox wrote:I was thinking about that recently as I was thinking about my oc and what kind of world I want to use them in etc.
One of the thoughts I had was what if vore is sort of an open secret. Preds are found in every part of society but society at large isn't exactly aware of them because preds cover for each other as they are all in this boat together. Basically the "establishment" is full of preds who are enabling all of this. Someone mysteriously goes missing? Well, I guess that's another case that can never be solved. Someone saw something they shouldn't? They go missing too. Upset people openly saying the government is actively eating people or covering for people who do? That's silly! Those are just conspiracy theorists who you shouldn't associate with! You might think that people would notice so many people going missing, but if the statistics list them as "traffic accidents" or "heart disease" the headcount would be correct and not look suspicious at all and no individual could ever hope to prove that something else is going on. The only people who have the resources to uncover it all are in it themselves.

For that to realistically work preds would have to make up a small percentage of the population, large enough to concert such efforts but small enough that their hunger isn't destabilizing the health of the population. Also preds would have to be eating other preds too because otherwise it really is one group vs the other, but if more preds means more preds being eaten by other preds then this ecosystem could self-regulate and still form a somewhat stable population.

Usually thats always what the end result of trying to find an equilibrium to justfiy a casual vore setting. The problem always falls into how a society can function normally with what are essentially open serial killers roaming around, and its the only way to achieve that withought just handwaving reformation.
go47
Somewhat familiar

Postby Brainfood » Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:35 am

FloozyFox wrote:I was thinking about that recently as I was thinking about my oc and what kind of world I want to use them in etc.

This makes the most sense. This is essentially how slightly less literal forms of predation function in real life.

I also enjoy contemplating the implications of tummy murder being a casual part of society, but at the end of the day, I find it hotter the fewer things I have to suspend disbelief about; treating it essentially as just an especially intimate form of murder always seems to make the most sense to me. A person would more likely have a foul smelling hole in their basement than a toilet designed to handle human remains, and it'd be treated about the same as a blood-stained torture rack and piles of viscera would be treated in reality. Nonetheless, a really rich person who had the luxury of killing people that often could probably get such a thing installed in a private place. The question of where the things a regular sewer system couldn't handle would go remains.
Brainfood
Somewhat familiar

Postby SnaxiTums » Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:48 am

I like everyone’s answers and input so far. Thanks for responding guys :)

FloozyFox wrote:One of the thoughts I had was what if vore is sort of an open secret. Preds are found in every part of society but society at large isn't exactly aware of them because preds cover for each other as they are all in this boat together. Basically the "establishment" is full of preds who are enabling all of this.

I like your open secret idea. It works and adds a certain level of mystery.

FloozyFox wrote:You might think that people would notice so many people going missing, but if the statistics list them as "traffic accidents" or "heart disease"

It probably isn’t even necessary to hide it as heart disease or accidents. You think about the number of people who go missing each year irl under suspicious circumstances. It’s not out of the realm of possibility that in a world where vore exists the same would occur without anyone noticing. Besides, it might actually cast more suspicion if John Smith goes missing, his body never found, and his family finds out it was ‘cerebral haemorrhage’ or something.

BMUd8854 wrote:Well I've been compiling a document detailing stuff like this in a "What If" alternate universe where vore exists and its impacts in society for possible writings in the future and so far I covered a lot from races, cultures, societies, and religion (to a limited extent, may even delete it, depends if I think it might be too hazardous lol). Haven't gotten to the infrastructure part and tbh I didn't think of the plumbing part yet and how complex it could be until you brought it up. Probably not going to add it though as it looks like I might be able to self-correct things in the universe through strategically placed lore.

Its fun when lore elements becomes a natural check to other lore elements.

I have to say you’ve really piqued my interest. I love lore and world building. Hell, my biggest world building project started out as something simple for a dnd vore campaign that never came to fruition, but now is massive in scope and is pretty much completely divorced from fetishism. It really is fun how, as you add new elements to lore, customs, geography, and history, the pieces start to cleanly fit together and the gaps fill themselves in.

Brainfood wrote:A person would more likely have a foul smelling hole in their basement than a toilet designed to handle human remains

Yeah, I agree something so open as mass-produced vore-proof toilets prolly wouldn’t work in a society like ours, but at the time I was more thinking of things that could be done to accomodate vore.

Brainfood wrote: The question of where the things a regular sewer system couldn't handle would go remains.

My guess would be a septic tank. A really big one. Or perhaps something that can reduce/pulverise any incriminating evidence into what seems to be ordinary sewage/fertiliser/nightsoil.
SnaxiTums
Been posting for a bit

Postby Rejnka » Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:12 pm

The cycle of mourning would be shorter and a lot more casual. Due to having to coexist with predators, I imagine humans would be a little less... egotistical? About their plce on the food chain. We mostly destroyed our predators like idiots, but I'm assuming preds did a lot of important things that humans feel the need to respect them.
Big nerd here to write cute vore. Switch.
Rejnka
Been posting for a bit

Postby JatWheelerDPachirisu » Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:10 pm

do you think if vore became normalised you'd have people fighting against it either as group of angry karens or some sort of lynch mob?
does that mean like Eka's Portal would have a fictional canon nemesis trying to shut us down inside the vore universe.
i think this would be a cool bit of lore we could possibly do stuff with.
have them be a returning villain in the form of enemies that turn up that we have to vore but not with any particular aesthetic just that they say they're part of the radical hate group before we defeat them.
but maybe that's just the Pokemon player in me reusing tropes.
what do you think?
JatWheelerDPachirisu
New to the forum

Postby SnaxiTums » Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:27 am

Rejnka wrote:The cycle of mourning would be shorter and a lot more casual. Due to having to coexist with predators, I imagine humans would be a little less... egotistical? About their plce on the food chain. We mostly destroyed our predators like idiots, but I'm assuming preds did a lot of important things that humans feel the need to respect them.

I suppose there’s an argument that the artificial nature of society has made us grown weaker, whether in terms of strength or simple intuition. I mean, human cranium and jaw sizes have gone down since the invention of agriculture in a similar way to our domesticated animals (aurochs vs cattle, wolves vs dogs, etc.). Further, animals that don’t have this demonstrated decrease in cranial size are more aggressive, the main example I can think of is the bulls used in Spain for fighting. Does this mean that our lack of predators, much like with our animals, caused us to become less aggressive and more vulnerable?

JatWheelerDPachirisu wrote:do you think if vore became normalised you'd have people fighting against it either as group of angry karens or some sort of lynch mob?
does that mean like Eka's Portal would have a fictional canon nemesis trying to shut us down inside the vore universe.
i think this would be a cool bit of lore we could possibly do stuff with.
have them be a returning villain in the form of enemies that turn up that we have to vore but not with any particular aesthetic just that they say they're part of the radical hate group before we defeat them.
but maybe that's just the Pokemon player in me reusing tropes.
what do you think?

The radical anti-vore hate group known only as Latrop S’ake
SnaxiTums
Been posting for a bit

Postby Skulker » Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:01 am

My vore setting has people who are born to be Preds or Prey, and they’re built different from normal to make it work.

Preds are all huge with extra stretchy & durable GI tracts and are preprogrammed to want Prey sexually and as food.

Prey are all petite little things whose bodies are optimized for complete absorption by Preds and are born knowing that they’re nothing but fuckable food for Preds and have no say in the matter.
Skulker
Somewhat familiar

Postby alockwood1 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:03 pm

I have an Interactive over on another site - Reptilian Chronicles, wherein humans live alongside carnivorous Lizardfolk. Now, while the lizardfolk are allowed to eat humans, there's some rules -

1. They can only have 12 Eligible Prey Per Year. Predator assumes the Prey's debts, or at least part of them. Prey must also be willing. Predator could Inherit from Prey.

2. Ineligible Prey cannot be eaten - underaged, single parent, important job - could be waived or taken away.

3. Legal Prey are those that commit crimes that tend to warrant a Death Sentence anyways - no limit.

4. Hospital Food are those suffering from incurable, and fatal, conditions. No limit.

Barring Legal Prey, any and all Predation must be with Willing Prey, and ALL Predation must be reported. Failure to do so will make things seem more like Murder.
alockwood1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby gbboyth » Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:16 pm

I like this question a lot, it's fun to think about. I agree about the plumbing being a big issue. I bet there'd also be a lot of scientific research into vore - such as developing products to speed up or slow down digestion, protect someone in the stomach, etc., and figuring out what nutrients a person/creature has to offer or who's most suitable to be eaten (age, gender, etc.) for what purpose. Another issue would be all the abandoned cars, houses, and property belonging to people who got eaten. This stuff would have to pile up a lot more than it does for missing people in the real world.

In terms of people's mental state, people might become more comfortable or casual about death, but I'm not sure. We already live in a world where you can die at any time, but we simply assume we won't. Even in extremely dangerous places, like war zones, people still carry on and plan for the future, since they hope to live even if lots of people around them are dying. In a vore world it could be similar, most people would probably believe they'll never be prey... until they are. I tend to write my stories using that kind of framework: vore is fatal and there's no reformation (usually) but life goes on as normal otherwise.

In terms of how illegal or taboo it'd be, I guess that depends on the kind of society you envision. My vision in my own work was for vore to be a bit like kinky sex or weird hobbies - tons of people do it, but few talk about it openly. So although it might be illegal or frowned upon in wide society, in the right crowd you can get away with it openly. But I write with the basis that there is no definite distinction between pred and prey. If you have that distinction in your world, it changes the game a lot. Whenever there's an in-group and an out-group in society, it's very easy for members of the in-group to mistreat or harm the out-group openly, without consequences. This happens in places where there is racial segregation or religious dissent in the real world. So if there's a clear line between preds and prey, vore could be much more of an open secret or even completely open. But I know this isn't what your question was about, so I'll stop there!
gbboyth
Somewhat familiar

Postby theonlymatt » Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:46 pm

I feel like for vore to be sustainable, there would have to be either a very very small portion of the population who are predators.

Alternatively some sort of mass production of people for forced evolutionary purposes. Only predators who have eaten say 50 people get to pass on their genes, and through cloning and rapid maturation tech, you have a fully grown adult in three years or something like that. 2 percent of them make it to 10, and the cycle continues.

Actually, I think I have an idea for a story world...
theonlymatt
Somewhat familiar

Postby alockwood1 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:59 pm

theonlymatt wrote:I feel like for vore to be sustainable, there would have to be either a very very small portion of the population who are predators.

Alternatively some sort of mass production of people for forced evolutionary purposes. Only predators who have eaten say 50 people get to pass on their genes, and through cloning and rapid maturation tech, you have a fully grown adult in three years or something like that. 2 percent of them make it to 10, and the cycle continues.

Actually, I think I have an idea for a story world...

I know of an interactive called All Humans Shrink, where this elf alchemist created a gas that shrank humans down to 6 inches or 1 Centimeter. One of the effects was that female humans had at least 5 children per pregnancy, gave birth in a week, and the humans would reach maturity within a few weeks. Thus the humans are used by the non-human population for various things - food, currency, sex/torture toys, and other "enhancements" have been implemented in some.

Personally, I've made a few threads where the outcome is not so bad for humans in certain areas, wherein the locals are appalled at what others are doing to the shrunken humans, and thus treat the shrunken humans as if they were still people, which even includes conducting humane executions of humans that were convicted murderers - got potential for a subplot involving a shrunken murderer about to get their head chopped off with an appropriate Executioner's Sword, and not some chef's knife.
alockwood1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Next

Return to General Vore Discussion