Eka Official: Vore preferences and discovery survey 2022

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: Eka Official: Vore preferences and discovery survey 2022

Postby Esenk » Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:32 am

Deviantcook64 wrote:It was an interesting survey, but not really much oriented towards those of us in the community who prefer cooking related vore

This is my only real issue as well. I know cooking/cannibalism/dolcett/etc. is generally only considered to be "vore-adjacent" and not vore proper, but it's definitely my preference, along with "humans consumed by bestial/non-intelligent monsters", which also didn't really seem like it had many questions related to it. For example, one of the films which solidified my early attraction to vore was 1988's "The Blob": needless to say for anyone who's seen it, there was no relationship between the blob and its victims; it just ate.

For me personally, the draw of vore is the sadomasochistic, degradation, and peril elements, not the "pred/prey" relationship, or the precise mechanics of hard vore vs. soft vore, digestion, scat, etc. I've read stories that mix and match many of those latter elements, and I can take them or leave them: as long as the boxes for sadomasochism, peril, etc. are checked at some point during the consumption, I'll probably enjoy it.

Still, glad that someone is out there collecting data on this kind of thing, and glad the survey was posted. Definitely not trying to be a negative Nancy or anything.
Esenk
New to the forum

Postby Kernium » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:08 pm

Replied to the survey! I hope there will be more site-wide community thingies because it was rather cool to see and do!
I am The Eternal Hobbyist, doomed to have countless ideas but alas no way to make them come to fruition.
Kernium
Somewhat familiar

Postby BonneStar12 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:07 pm

I'd like to see something more focused on the observer/third party in next year's survey
BonneStar12
New to the forum

Postby JadeTheDeer » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:32 pm

Esenk wrote:
Deviantcook64 wrote:It was an interesting survey, but not really much oriented towards those of us in the community who prefer cooking related vore

This is my only real issue as well. I know cooking/cannibalism/dolcett/etc. is generally only considered to be "vore-adjacent" and not vore proper, but it's definitely my preference, along with "humans consumed by bestial/non-intelligent monsters", which also didn't really seem like it had many questions related to it. For example, one of the films which solidified my early attraction to vore was 1988's "The Blob": needless to say for anyone who's seen it, there was no relationship between the blob and its victims; it just ate.

For me personally, the draw of vore is the sadomasochistic, degradation, and peril elements, not the "pred/prey" relationship, or the precise mechanics of hard vore vs. soft vore, digestion, scat, etc. I've read stories that mix and match many of those latter elements, and I can take them or leave them: as long as the boxes for sadomasochism, peril, etc. are checked at some point during the consumption, I'll probably enjoy it.

Still, glad that someone is out there collecting data on this kind of thing, and glad the survey was posted. Definitely not trying to be a negative Nancy or anything.

I think this was my most major missed opportunity while formatting this survey. I absolutely will include more questions about these two themes in particular. I also am really curious about what general guro communities perceive and describe 'soft swallowing/whole insertion' kinks versus 'cannibalism' kinks and might need to do a sister survey as well if I can find a big enough pool of participants.
JadeTheDeer
Somewhat familiar

Postby Rockdude » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:08 am

gigaredpanther wrote:Funny thing about the whole 'first exposure to vore content' thing: I actually sought it out BEFORE knowing that anyone actually made such things. One day I just had the intrusive thought of "I want to see people getting swallowed", then one thing led to another, and now I'm here.

I'm in a similar boat, back when I was a child, younger than 10 years old, I used to get up early for Saturday morning cartoons, one show I used to watch was called Codename: Kids Next Door one of the episodes involved
Spoiler: show
one of the characters being put into a giant hamburger bun and a frenzied rescue attempt ensued
, back then on weekends was when I also played a lot of video games, one of those of note was Final Fantasy 6 (SNES):
Spoiler: show
one of the characters was found after being eaten by a Zone Eater
. These were two notable instances that drew my interest in vore, however back then, limited computer access translated to even more limited internet access, mean't I couldn't research the topic further. I had to make do with making compilations using VHS tapes, most of which have either been buried in old boxes, or recorded over.

Later on once I got more, and independent access to the internet, someone on social media helped renew that interest, through a now deleted interactive: "Choose Your Own Adventure" story, we even added some "chapters" to it. This lead to a binge trying to find, as much on the topic as I could, eventually learned that it's called "vore."
Rockdude
Been posting for a bit

Postby khofer23 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:42 am

I like unaware vore more than aware because it kinda spoils it when you read that it's already known.
khofer23
New to the forum

Postby Zeepher150 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:12 pm

I think some questions on endosoma in the survey would be cool to see.
Zeepher150
Somewhat familiar

Postby bobbyquentin2 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:14 pm

Where is the "optional second" survey? I didn't see a link anywhere.

I would have thought it would trigger from the question of whether you were willing to answer additional questions, but there was only one page after that. Certainly nothing that would take "about as long" as the rest.
bobbyquentin2
New to the forum

Postby MagnificentArsehole » Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:08 pm

Interesting! I did the survey.
MagnificentArsehole
New to the forum

Postby Groblek » Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:15 pm

Interesting survey concept, I’ll be curious what your results were. The “optional” set didn’t seem to me like it was set up in a way that works to capture much of my perspective as someone who’s mostly an observer and who is primarily interested in unbirth. But that’s nothing new, I’m old enough to remember way back when the community actively debated whether the unbirth and vore communities were two separate and overlapping communities or one large diverse one, and while we came down on the side of “eh, there’s enough overlap and we really aren’t big enough to be turning people away”, the pred/prey dynamics don’t always map the same way to it as to other aspects of vore.

(None of that is intended as a “you did a bad job”, just some musings from an old-timer on the ways things change and stay the same over time.)
Cheers,
Groblek
https://groblek.com
Groblek
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby JadeTheDeer » Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:53 pm

Groblek wrote:Interesting survey concept, I’ll be curious what your results were. The “optional” set didn’t seem to me like it was set up in a way that works to capture much of my perspective as someone who’s mostly an observer and who is primarily interested in unbirth. But that’s nothing new, I’m old enough to remember way back when the community actively debated whether the unbirth and vore communities were two separate and overlapping communities or one large diverse one, and while we came down on the side of “eh, there’s enough overlap and we really aren’t big enough to be turning people away”, the pred/prey dynamics don’t always map the same way to it as to other aspects of vore.

(None of that is intended as a “you did a bad job”, just some musings from an old-timer on the ways things change and stay the same over time.)

Thank you for your feedback fam. The 2nd part is far from comprehensive yet, and I'm always looking to make it more inclusive. If you want you can send me a DM on what sorts of Unbirth-specific questions you'd liked asked. As for whether vore and unbirth are the same kink, I think they absolutely are. Unbirth is immensely popular (polling at 63% so far! making it a very close 3rd with AV taking the 2nd most popular spot by just 3%), and mechanistically identical to most other soft vore scenarios (one character goes entirely inside of another, they get a big belly, etc).
JadeTheDeer
Somewhat familiar

Postby Groblek » Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:55 pm

I may drop you a line if I come up with questions when I get a chance to think about it a bit more, and you’re also welcome to hit me up when you’re planning next year’s survey if you want help crafting those sort of questions.

There’s definitely a lot of overlap with other sorts of soft vore, and I’m certainly not going to try and argue for splitting unbirth off of the rest of the community. It could be interesting to ask more details about several of the specific vore types to work out what are the common factors and what are the unique things about that particular type that interest people, but that’d make for a really long survey. :)
Cheers,
Groblek
https://groblek.com
Groblek
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby mrHowlll » Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:04 pm

Two fairly interesting surveys. I'm glad to have been able to participate.
Last edited by mrHowlll on Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
into soft vore though I like digestion either soft or hard
I prefer to imagine myself as prey exclusively
mrHowlll
Been posting for a bit

Postby Tailslover13 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:11 am

Just finished both surveys! Did every single question, trying to be helpful. That was fun!
Tailslover13
Somewhat familiar

Postby JiroNakamura » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:21 am

i've taken the survey
JiroNakamura
New to the forum

Postby NekuTheEmo » Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:26 pm

Was happy to participate, looking forward to seeing the results!
NekuTheEmo
Participator

Postby JadeTheDeer » Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:17 pm

holy guacamole, we are at 3,000 respondants!!
JadeTheDeer
Somewhat familiar

Postby Amaco » Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:20 pm

Wow! Twice the sample size of last year. That's interesting.

What difference a year makes.
AMACO
Amaco
Somewhat familiar

Postby AeriaGloris » Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:05 am

Glad I was able to participate this year! Are the questions any different though? They seem very similar to last year's.
My writing outline for 2022 is out. Let me know your thoughts on my latest Blog Post. ˚✧₊⁎( ˘▽˘ )⁎⁺˳✧༚
AeriaGloris
Somewhat familiar

Postby SynthesizedJewel » Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:10 am

You can likely tell which responses are tied to me through timestamps, because I didn't take terribly long on the second one, but I wanted to add that my responses to the second part are more based in what I enjoy seeing, over what I might like to actually do. I'm fairly certain I'm some sort of voyeuristic asexual, and I have touch issues, so it's kind of... weird, trying to relate to some stuff directly. I'm never really in my own fantasies, it's just between like, my characters or something like that. Or how my characters would respond to x situation from a story/comic I just read.

I also wanted to add a fun bit of information: My first real exposure to vore was through random TV shows and video games and the like, with various vore-like scenarios, but I was always interested in it. Not necessarily sexually, but still interested. I remember sometimes doing related roleplays with my siblings (who seem to have grown out of it, or something?) when I was younger, and sometimes fantasizing about my characters in various scenarios, or playing with toys and either pretending or having toys that could actually have others inside them. I fondly remember this one frog toy my brother has that's basically entirely hollow, and putting tiny pokemon in there.

It took until many years later, when I was randomly browsing around DeviantArt, where I finally came across the term: Vore. It was in the title of a group, and the little stamp thing was an animation of Link swallowing his annoying fairy companion. I remember watching it repeat a few times, before deciding I should probably move on. It took a bit before I decided to look up the term. And many, many more years before I decided to more actively look at it. Out of curiosity, I told myself. Because it was such a strange thing. Before finally, eventually, admitting that yes, I was definitely into vore. Still kind of a weird space I'm trying to find the shape of, but here I am.
SynthesizedJewel
New to the forum

PreviousNext

Return to General Vore Discussion