Eka Official: Vore preferences and discovery survey 2022

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Eka Official: Vore preferences and discovery survey 2022

Postby Eka » Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:00 pm

This is the official continuation of this from 2021

Message from the author about the survey:

by foxygrandpa
Hi everyone, we are running our 2nd annual vore community survey. The survey is anonymous and divided into two parts, with the 2nd being optional. It was created to provide some real data and stats on the demographics, likes, and origins of the vore community. It's essentially a vore 'census'.

>>>Survey is now CLOSED<<< as of June 29

FAQ:
- Is this survey anonymous?
Yes. The only unique information kept is the time and date of each individual submission.

- Should I participate if I'm not a fan of X, or a member of Y?
I would like as many different groups to participate as possible. However, if you feel uncomfortable about providing information such as your gender or sexuality, or giving an opinion on mildly contentious topics such as scat, that's perfectly fine. You can quit the survey at any time and your responses will not be submitted. Individuals under the age of 18 are prohibited.

- How long does it take?
Between 2 ~ 13 minutes for the 1st part. About as long for the optional 2nd.

- When will the results be released?
Once the survey is closed, between 2 ~ 13 days.

- Who is running this survey?
The survey is hosted and the results will be posted by foxygrandpa. Eka has provided the platform as well as design advice.

- I have an issue or other questions. Who do I contact?
Please send an email to [email protected]

- Where can I view last year's results?
Last years survey results can be seen here: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=61517

- I messed up something. Should I submit another response?
Email [email protected]

- How many responses should I submit?

>>>Survey is now CLOSED<<<
Eka
Administrator

Re: Eka Official: Vore preferences and discovery survey 2022

Postby JadeTheDeer » Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:05 pm

Hi all! Feel free to leave any questions or comments as a response to this thread. And thanks again to Ekas for helping host this.
JadeTheDeer
Somewhat familiar

Postby 2good2btru » Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:56 pm

That was fun, I'm glad I could participate in this year's survey. X3
2good2btru
New to the forum

Postby BlueAugur » Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:31 pm

An elaboration you could make on the 'do you like scat' part could involve whether you want to actually see it or not. I'm turned on by people being turned into shit and seeing and hearing the predator emptying their bowels into the toilet, but I don't actually want to see the scat itself.
The best example I could find was the last page of ShadowFaps' 'Roomies' comic: https://aryion.com/g4/view/306994
BlueAugur
Been posting for a bit

Postby JadeTheDeer » Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:41 pm

MrWhatever wrote:An elaboration you could make on the 'do you like scat' part could involve whether you want to actually see it or not. I'm turned on by people being turned into shit and seeing and hearing the predator emptying their bowels into the toilet, but I don't actually want to see the scat itself.
The best example I could find was the last page of ShadowFaps' 'Roomies' comic: https://aryion.com/g4/view/306994

Good suggestion. I'll make a note to include this in the observer section next year.
JadeTheDeer
Somewhat familiar

Postby Amaco » Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:02 pm

That was fun. Thank you for putting it together. :)

The only comment I would make is about the optional survey. "Repulsive" sounds a bit strong, so I avoided selecting it for a lot of things. I don't like hard vore for example, but I'm not repulsed by it. I think using a softer phrase like, "Don't like it", would be better.

I also agree with others about how the wording on some of the 2nd survey questions could be a bit confusing.
Last edited by Amaco on Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AMACO
Amaco
Somewhat familiar

Postby dragonjerky » Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:08 pm

One small critique I have is that there wasn't really anything in there related to vore pairngs that aren't human/human or anthro/anthro. One of the questions was something along the lines of "How do you feel about humans as pred/prey?" which is a question that's practically unanswerable if you like a vore pairing that includes non-humanoid characters. I assume that question was trying to find out if a furry has any interest in humans as the pred or the prey.. However, as someone exclusively into feral/human, answering positively to this question would mean the potential of the data suggesting that I like human preds - which I do not. And, answering negatively to the question would mean the potential of the data suggesting I don't like human prey - which is also wrong because I do like human prey!

I understand that I'm in a minority here but... man... sometimes I can't help shake the feeling of exclusion for not liking humanoid preds...
Check out my gallery!*
*Warning: Check gallery description so you don't view content you don't like!
dragonjerky
Somewhat familiar

Postby notitthrowaway » Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:31 pm

I found the format of the optional second survey a little unintuitive for my preferences, and basically ended up answering as if it was 1-5 level of enjoyment (rather than "importance"). I'm a weirdo though and have a wide range of things I enjoy, including both normal soft vore and out-there soft/hard vore (painless, bloodless, but piece-by-piece, like they're made of dough or clay) -- so, for the questions about whole vs. piece-by-piece, I said both were "very important" even though I'd totally enjoy content with one or the other. I also didn't pick "Essential" on anything for this reason, I like a lot of stuff but don't require almost any single element to be included. Despite that small wording issue though I thought the questions were chosen very well, so even in my weird edge case I was able to say I like piece-by-piece but find gore and pain repulsive.

Other than that I only had minor comments that were unimportant enough I can barely remember them already. I think one was about "anime-themed vore", and how I don't mind anime-style art but can't stand most fanfics so I wasn't sure what the intent of the question was exactly. In general I love this survey, bravo, can't wait to see the results.
notitthrowaway
Been posting for a bit

Postby zvwm » Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:31 pm

One question in the pred section of the 2nd survey had off wording—it should read "unwilling to be fed to you", I got a bit confused until parsing that out

dragonjerky wrote:One small critique I have is that there wasn't really anything in there related to vore pairngs that aren't human/human or anthro/anthro. One of the questions was something along the lines of "How do you feel about humans as pred/prey?" which is a question that's practically unanswerable if you like a vore pairing that includes non-humanoid characters.

Similarly, I vastly prefer monster boys/girls as predators, and don't often favourite content with human preds. Though humans are my favourite prey! :gulp:
Last edited by zvwm on Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zvwm
New to the forum

Postby notitthrowaway » Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:34 pm

dragonjerky wrote:One small critique I have is that there wasn't really anything in there related to vore pairngs that aren't human/human or anthro/anthro. One of the questions was something along the lines of "How do you feel about humans as pred/prey?" which is a question that's practically unanswerable if you like a vore pairing that includes non-humanoid characters.

Didn't think of this while filling it out because I like most combos, but agreed. I don't mind anthros, even like them, but I vastly prefer vore content where at least one participant is human -- and for feral, I pretty much only like it with a feral pred. I don't think those are preferences that were covered.
notitthrowaway
Been posting for a bit

Postby ThrowawayA1D » Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:43 pm

Wow, the timing on this survey was great; I'd just heard about the previous one around last week! I'm glad I could participate this time.

I see myself as a observer/prey switch somewhat (mostly an observer though), so I answered the questions for 'observer' and the ones for 'prey' in the second survey. I'm pretty liberal about what I like as prey, so I didn't really use the 'essential' tags for them; I mostly stuck to 'very important'. However, I can hardly say the same for my tastes as an observer, and so I was going to give plenty of "this is essential!" replies to the questions there (not to all of them though!). To my dismay, there was no 'essential' reply option in the observer section.

So that's my little suggestion for next time: add 'essential' as a fifth reply option in the observer section of the 2nd survey to match the survey's prey section.
ThrowawayA1D
Been posting for a bit

Postby notitthrowaway » Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:49 pm

For the different methods of vore it just asks which ones you like, so I clicked basically everything (except tail vore -- don't know why), but I don't like everything equally. I even debated whether to click unbirth, because that's like a 2/5, take it or leave it for me. Might've been interesting to have some more granularity there.
notitthrowaway
Been posting for a bit

Postby JadeTheDeer » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:32 pm

The only comment I would make is about the optional survey. "Repulsive" sounds a bit strong, so I avoided selecting it for a lot of things. I don't like hard vore for example, but I'm not repulsed by it. I think using a softer phrase like, "Don't like it", would be better.

Ye I probably should've used a different word. I was trying to gauge what people's personal limits were but it's difficult to come up with indifferent language to describe the concept.

One small critique I have is that there wasn't really anything in there related to vore pairngs that aren't human/human or anthro/anthro. One of the questions was something along the lines of "How do you feel about humans as pred/prey?" which is a question that's practically unanswerable if you like a vore pairing that includes non-humanoid characters. I assume that question was trying to find out if a furry has any interest in humans as the pred or the prey.. However, as someone exclusively into feral/human, answering positively to this question would mean the potential of the data suggesting that I like human preds - which I do not. And, answering negatively to the question would mean the potential of the data suggesting I don't like human prey - which is also wrong because I do like human prey!

I understand. The questions in that section were mainly to gauge the prevalence of those who identify as furry versus those who enjoy furry artwork. Ill be sure to expand them next time.
JadeTheDeer
Somewhat familiar

Postby JadeTheDeer » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:37 pm

For the different methods of vore it just asks which ones you like, so I clicked basically everything (except tail vore -- don't know why), but I don't like everything equally. I even debated whether to click unbirth, because that's like a 2/5, take it or leave it for me. Might've been interesting to have some more granularity there.

Ye, that section could use a little granularity. I tried to phrase it as 'prefer' since I know many people may like some types of vore just on rare occasion, or if the art is particularly nice.

I see myself as a observer/prey switch somewhat (mostly an observer though), so I answered the questions for 'observer' and the ones for 'prey' in the second survey. I'm pretty liberal about what I like as prey, so I didn't really use the 'essential' tags for them; I mostly stuck to 'very important'. However, I can hardly say the same for my tastes as an observer, and so I was going to give plenty of "this is essential!" replies to the questions there (not to all of them though!). To my dismay, there was no 'essential' reply option in the observer section.

So that's my little suggestion for next time: add 'essential' as a fifth reply option in the observer section of the 2nd survey to match the survey's prey section.

I really wish I would've added more observer questions. One of the concerns I had is that if I repeated all of the prey questions 3x it would exhaust most participants and Part 2 would disproportionately skew against switches because they would have to fill out 3x as many questions as an observer. I need to think of a better design for that section that gives about the same amount of questions to every respondant, regardless of whether they are prey, pred and/or observer.
JadeTheDeer
Somewhat familiar

Postby Stunlocked » Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:14 pm

I've always kind of been curious of what percentage of this community has autism, so I'd like to see that as an option
Stunlocked
Participator

Postby TW » Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:19 pm

Sweet. Thank you for doing this.
I love bellies! Round, Soft, hard, Prey filled, food filled, Inflated, or Pregnancy, so long as it is big and round. :)

I am a maieusophile are you?

TW
Belly Loving Author

Postby TheDragonBoy » Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:06 pm

Love this stuff! Answered both parts. The only thing I'd change is on the two questions about how willing/unwilling do you like your preds/prey. The scale goes from completely unwilling to completely willing, but there's no option to indicate that you like *both* completely willing and completely unwilling. Selecting the middle option would seem to indicate that you like semi-willing.
TheDragonBoy
Somewhat familiar

Postby CyBeR_pAnDa » Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:38 pm

That was an interesting take. I had fun answering the questions :3 I was shy away by 3 years after 2000 lol
CyBeR_pAnDa
Been posting for a bit

Postby Tanookicatoon » Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:22 am

I have to really appreciate the consideration to have questions looking for people who are not interested into vore for sexual purposes.

Other than that, I'm definitely particularly interested in anyone who is giving info on the community pre-2000.
While I know I was definitely looking for "vore" at least as early as 1999, I was searching through webrings without knowing the word "vore" and I didn't find the word "vore" until 2000-ish, and that opened up so much for me.
A major ton of the information I looked up back then, was much closer to looking through a museum of old chat-logs and archives.
Like there was a point before 1995-1994 where "vore" wasn't even a word and people were calling the theme "devouring media" or something.
UNFORTUNATELY, most of the stuff I was finding back then is just GONE, which is definitely what has particularly interested in that proposal for receiving info from the pre-2000 community.
Tanookicatoon
Been posting for a bit

Postby Deviantcook64 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:37 am

It was an interesting survey, but not really much oriented towards those of us in the community who prefer cooking related vore, or for those who discovered vore as their first kink like me. (Found Mukis Kitchen, Pulptoon, the old Boiled Alive forums, and Nikkis All Night Dinner back in 2014 when I was 11, and that stuff was just more vivid versions of what I had been imagining for a few years at that point.)
Last edited by Deviantcook64 on Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deviantcook64
New to the forum

Next

Return to General Vore Discussion