Character allowed to use in a Vore game

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Character allowed to use in a Vore game

Postby GreenFrogH » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:17 pm

Hello everyone!
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, I recall seeing something similar to this once- but I couldn't find it! I am also sorry if my post is posted twice, I tried posting this already but it is not appearing on my posted page.
I am currently planning on creating a vore game, inspired by Taste of Adventure https://aryion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=43028 and Vore Days https://aryion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=60847
For this reason I wanted to ask this beforehand. How strict are the regulations on characters we can use? I played a high variety of different vore games and saw everything from Anime to games. I just wanted to make sure, is one allowed to use anything, any type of image, for their game?
Thank you!
GreenFrogH
Been posting for a bit

Re: Character allowed to use in a Vore game

Postby Datstrudel » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:32 pm

Do you mean the sprites that are used in the various Rpg make Vore games?
If so, I usually just shoot a message to each creator to make sure they’re cool with it. They usually are.
Datstrudel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby The_Prof » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:27 pm

Datstrudel wrote:Do you mean the sprites that are used in the various Rpg make Vore games?
If so, I usually just shoot a message to each creator to make sure they’re cool with it. They usually are.

pretty much this. If you're unsure, just ask the creator, but remember to respect their wishes and if they say no or ask you to remove something do comply.
Evil genius, lover of catgirls, and tricking people into getting eaten is my game!
The_Prof
???

Postby GreenFrogH » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:04 am

I'm actually planning to work on a game that doesn't actually use sprites, it's less an RPG maker game and more like a visual novel type game. I'm talking about the various images of well known characters people use in their games. For example Mysta used an image of Astolfo in their newest game.
I'm wondering if we are basically able to just use images of any character we wanted.
I was also wondering if there was a place to find more like the typical vore images.
GreenFrogH
Been posting for a bit

Postby Datstrudel » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:15 am

GreenFrogH wrote:I'm actually planning to work on a game that doesn't actually use sprites, it's less an RPG maker game and more like a visual novel type game. I'm talking about the various images of well known characters people use in their games. For example Mysta used an image of Astolfo in their newest game.
I'm wondering if we are basically able to just use images of any character we wanted.
I was also wondering if there was a place to find more like the typical vore images.

Ah I see now. I do know that Mysta’s image of astolfo is edited by them. They used photoshop or another program to give Astolfo a belly, so that’s most likely what you’d need to do.

As for characters, in all reality, copyrighted characters belong to whoever owns them. I honestly don’t think using characters from other media is an issue. It’s highly unlikely you’ll have an issue with using them. I have several Gacha comics that use licensed characters. Many of the Vore games also use licensed characters.

I hope this helps. :-D
Datstrudel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby GreenFrogH » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:48 pm

Thank you for the answer!
That was exactly what I wanted to know! Thank you, it really helped me out! :D
GreenFrogH
Been posting for a bit

Return to General Vore Discussion