A shocking truth

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

A shocking truth

Postby 157and493 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:56 am

The term “naga” is actually meant to be used for the MALE members of the species. The females are meant to be known as “nagi.”

I WAS DECEIVED THIS ENTIRE TIME!
157and493
Participator

Re: A shocking truth

Postby Xethoner » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:37 am

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N%C4%81ga

Wow, i think so many people do not know this so many nagi became naga on accident. Therefore noone is decived.
Anyway looool.
Xethoner
Been posting for a bit

Postby Someone92 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:56 am

Doesn't the term "naga" refers to male and female members of the species?!
Someone92
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Artemis » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:01 am

Sanskrit uses gendered nouns similarly to Spanish, so that's probably why there's a male and female version of the word.
Artemis
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby creamedbytherabbit » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:53 pm

Most commonly, people will refer to geese as a goose when pointing out a single one. A goose is a female and a gander is a male. Despite this, a single goose or gander is referred to as a goose anyways. It’s just what we’ve become used to. I think this also applies here. It’s hard to notice a mistake when it’s become the norm. I could never call a naga a nagi even if I knew it was correct because it’s something that’s always been that way, and it’s a pretty minor difference anyways. Imagine you find out a burger is actually supposed to be called a kurger and yet continue to live in a world where pretty much everyone else still calls it a burger. Would you still want to call it by its true name?
Last edited by creamedbytherabbit on Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
creamedbytherabbit
New to the forum

Postby Eka » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:54 pm

Same with Android, everyone just call every humanoid robot Android these days, but it was actually specifically male humanoid robot. Female should be referred to as a gynoid or fembot.

Language evolves. If enough people decided they don't care, it changes. Etc.

Also not sure what this have to do with vore?
Eka
Administrator

Postby Shugoki » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:16 pm

Maybe if you got rid of that old yee-yee ass haircut you got, you'd get some bitches on your dick. Oh, better yet, maybe Tanisha'll call your dog-ass if she ever stop fuckin' with that brain surgeon or lawyer she fucking with, ♪Naga
Fuck are you reading this for? Keep scrolling, fool!
Shugoki
Somewhat familiar

Postby creamedbytherabbit » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:25 pm

Shugoki wrote:Maybe if you got rid of that old yee-yee ass haircut you got, you'd get some bitches on your dick. Oh, better yet, maybe Tanisha'll call your dog-ass if she ever stop fuckin' with that brain surgeon or lawyer she fucking with, ♪Naga

♪Nagi♪
Last edited by creamedbytherabbit on Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
creamedbytherabbit
New to the forum

Postby fixated1 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:32 pm

Isn't there another name for them besides Naga, lamia, and echidna? I remember I used to call them something else but everyone says naga and lamia so much it's been pushed out of my head.
fixated1
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Shugoki » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:30 pm

fixated1 wrote:Isn't there another name for them besides Naga, lamia, and echidna? I remember I used to call them something else but everyone says naga and lamia so much it's been pushed out of my head.

Snake people are a fairly common motif in folklore, so you could be thinking of any number of names. D&D also has similar creatures called Yuan-Ti.
Fuck are you reading this for? Keep scrolling, fool!
Shugoki
Somewhat familiar

Postby IvesBentonEaton » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:13 am

In my own setting, ophidians are very much like the nāga described in the linked Wikipedia article: not quite lycanthropes able to assume human (or elven) form, snake form (giant constrictor snake rather than cobra), and hybrid form (humanoid from the waist up, snake below that). They are not true lycanthropes in that they have no damage resistance overcome by silver, although they can pass on the curse by their bite, so there are natural (born that way) and afflicted (acquired the curse by being bitten by a natural) ophidians. They can only really eat in their full snake forms; their humanoid forms or humanoid halves in hybrid forms have atrophied digestive tracts that make it impossible to eat much, if anything, in those forms.

And yes, they have been known to eat humans and humanoids in their snake form, although it is not necessarily a species-wide habit.
Come and hear the Tales of a Visceral Voyager
If you don’t, Zōēā’s poor snake will go hungry.
You wouldn’t want that, would you? :(
IvesBentonEaton
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby 157and493 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:16 am

Eka wrote:Same with Android, everyone just call every humanoid robot Android these days, but it was actually specifically male humanoid robot. Female should be referred to as a gynoid or fembot.

Language evolves. If enough people decided they don't care, it changes. Etc.

Also not sure what this have to do with vore?

Since these creatures are so commonly depicted in vore I just thought people might find it funny to know that technically the incorrectly terminology was being used to describe them. This post was really more of a joke for fun than anything else, but I can see how it does not connect to vore directly so it might be clogging up the forum.
Last edited by 157and493 on Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
157and493
Participator

Postby sevensix » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:52 am

fixated1 wrote:Isn't there another name for them besides Naga, lamia, and echidna? I remember I used to call them something else but everyone says naga and lamia so much it's been pushed out of my head.

It's not mythologically accurate, but maybe [G]orgons? Or "ophitaur" would sort of work (if linguistically dubious).
sevensix
Somewhat familiar

Return to General Vore Discussion