Project: G.L.U.T.T. v0.7.0 ALPHA - A 2D Vore Platformer

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: 2D Vore Platformer ALPHA RELEASE v0.1.0

Postby daeway » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:45 pm

So requests, recommendations, and vore aside,

How is the development going? When can we expect a new alpha?
daeway
Participator

Postby DraconicSyntax » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:43 pm

daeway wrote:So requests, recommendations, and vore aside,

How is the development going? When can we expect a new alpha?

Being honest... it's slow. Line of sight is having very bizarre issues which, for all my searching and all logical reason of the code itself, should not be happening (even following an online guide which gave me the exact code that was needed - no dice). In interest of not delaying the next update too long, I will probably have to put it back on the back burner again for now. That aside, my available time to work on this has still not been as much as I anticipated, so I can't really say for sure when the next update will be out.
DraconicSyntax
Participator

Postby Revx_Z » Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:28 am

Suggestion for map: just post a sketch in the thread together with the update.
Revx_Z
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby DraconicSyntax » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:40 pm

Sneak peak of the next new enemy (Still a wip!)
Attachments
Capture.JPG
DraconicSyntax
Participator

Postby Acen » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:32 pm

Looks great~, guessing this update will have player prey as a feature?
Acen
New to the forum

Postby DraconicSyntax » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:18 am

Acen wrote:Looks great~, guessing this update will have player prey as a feature?

That's the plan!
DraconicSyntax
Participator

Postby DraconicSyntax » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:35 pm

A vaguely more creative update! Also psa I'm gonna try to start updating the main post with what's currently being worked on for the next update and what's completed for the next update.
Attachments
Big Red en3 REF.png
Updated again to have halfway decent anatomy
Big Red en3 REF.png (5.44 KiB) Viewed 1739 times
Last edited by DraconicSyntax on Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DraconicSyntax
Participator

Postby CartoonVore » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:47 am

Holy crap, this game is so good! I was so sad to see that the level with the alpha was the only one. I wanted to keep gobbling up the enemies! I loved it so much, I hope you can release more!

A few tips, though. When your character is standing still, her gun is pointed downwards. Given the angle of her forearms, this looks like it would be extremely uncomfortable on her left wrist. I'm being picky, but if the gun was pointed about 45 degrees to counter-clockwise, to the right, it would look normal to me. Also, an expansion on her abilities would be cool, such as being able to kick enemies away from her to give her some space to fire her weapon or smash some circuits in on those pesky turrets.

I'm sure you've got plenty of ideas, so work on those first. This is your game, and I see so much promise!
CartoonVore
Somewhat familiar

Postby Jumpingbananaboat » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:30 pm

firebolt2526 wrote:A vaguely more creative update! Also psa I'm gonna try to start updating the main post with what's currently being worked on for the next update and what's completed for the next update.

Kind of hard to gauge the size of it to the player. I'm guessing the tails the weak point right or can we shot at it from anywhere?
Jumpingbananaboat
Been posting for a bit

Postby DraconicSyntax » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:07 pm

Kind of hard to gauge the size of it to the player. I'm guessing the tails the weak point right or can we shot at it from anywhere?[/quote]

Didn't plan on the tail being a weak point nah, though perhaps in future changes to the enemy if I can figure out location based damage.

Here's for size reference:
Attachments
idle2.gif
idle2.gif (27.25 KiB) Viewed 1538 times
DraconicSyntax
Participator

Postby Jumpingbananaboat » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:02 pm

firebolt2526 wrote:
Didn't plan on the tail being a weak point nah, though perhaps in future changes to the enemy if I can figure out location based damage.

Here's for size reference:

Guess we're not eating that big boy anytime soon then, oh well. Looks like he would put her in the 4 prey belly state most likely. Also what about having it be aggro to all units not just Samus? Like it would attack and eat anything it finds. Here's a scenario, a part of the map has a route to a button that unlocks a force field and there are two ways to get there, the main path has a bunch of guards in a area that you have to draw out one by one or you can take the upper vent path to bypass them all and drop down to the button. Pressing the button deactivates the force field but also the area with the guards opens up and they fall through into a pit or area where the beast is and it starts attacking and stunning the guards to eat. Giving the player a bit of time to avoid the creature while it focuses on the guards so the player can drop down and quickly jump back out with much fighting. You also get to show the player that are new units that can attack and eat them in the new level.

Something like this:

=================I I
_________________I I__]
_i_g_g_g_g_i______B__]
.I___C_____I
Jumpingbananaboat
Been posting for a bit

Postby CartoonVore » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:33 pm

I think being able to set that beast loose on some guards or luring them to that hungry beast would be incredible. :gulp:
CartoonVore
Somewhat familiar

Postby Ayra42 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:13 am

i think this a excellent idea too
Ayra42
Somewhat familiar

Postby DraconicSyntax » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:07 am

Jumpingbananaboat wrote:
Guess we're not eating that big boy anytime soon then, oh well. Looks like he would put her in the 4 prey belly state most likely. Also what about having it be aggro to all units not just Samus? Like it would attack and eat anything it finds. Here's a scenario, a part of the map has a route to a button that unlocks a force field and there are two ways to get there, the main path has a bunch of guards in a area that you have to draw out one by one or you can take the upper vent path to bypass them all and drop down to the button. Pressing the button deactivates the force field but also the area with the guards opens up and they fall through into a pit or area where the beast is and it starts attacking and stunning the guards to eat. Giving the player a bit of time to avoid the creature while it focuses on the guards so the player can drop down and quickly jump back out with much fighting. You also get to show the player that are new units that can attack and eat them in the new level.

Something like this:

=================I I
_________________I I__]
_i_g_g_g_g_i______B__]
.I___C_____I

Oh they will still be stunnable, and eventually edible, though not until the player has leveled up capacity (which probably still won't be for another update or two). I do already plan though for the alien enemies to interact with the station guards, definitely including gobbling them up when they get too close, however probably not till the update following this one if you guys want to be able to see this update before the end of the year (which that time estimate itself is also questionable with how many new sprites I still already need to do). My plan after this update however is to make the next one a detail/polish-filled update, probably still adding a new level and power, but otherwise mostly focused on expanding and polishing the already existing content, which would then more likely include various enemy interactions (I also have possible plans to make rather small characters that pilot the robot enemies, available for a quick snack after destroying the robot part).

In less related news, the game has nearly broken 6,000 lines of code wooooooooo
DraconicSyntax
Participator

Postby sunflowerofwar » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:19 am

what about other times of vore, like if you playing a male pred you can cock vore the enemy instead, which can be a bit different than normal vore, where for example you can choose to mate with an enemy making them loyal too you and giving you a decoy, also for an ariel attack it can be anal vore which is self-explanatory, overall keep up the good work
sunflowerofwar
New to the forum

Postby Jumpingbananaboat » Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:36 pm

firebolt2526 wrote:
I do already plan though for the alien enemies to interact with the station guards, definitely including gobbling them up when they get too close, however probably not till the update...

Ok but what about my map suggestion then? Even if the interaction update is still far away what about prepping the map before hand?

firebolt2526 wrote:Oh they will still be stunnable...

I know your stuffed with suggestions and such but here's one more: What about a power up where the player can charge up their stun gun for a longer stun? Such as holding down the fire button and uses 3 to 5 shots while the target gets stunned x2 as long. I was thinking that could be use to stun the beasts faster since they probably will take a few hits to stun and you could include it to with the current update then move it around as a later power up just so the playerbase get to play around with it till we have more progress later on.

firebolt2526 wrote:(I also have possible plans to make rather small characters that pilot the robot enemies, available for a quick snack after destroying the robot part).

ooo micros?

firebolt2526 wrote:In less related news, the game has nearly broken 6,000 lines of code wooooooooo

Well then *pops party popper* congrats!
Jumpingbananaboat
Been posting for a bit

Postby DraconicSyntax » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:54 pm

Jumpingbananaboat wrote:Ok but what about my map suggestion then? Even if the interaction update is still far away what about prepping the map before hand?

Yes, I very much like the suggestion! Don't know if it'll be in the game when I initially update until those behaviors are implemented, but it's super easy to change around the level design once I do have those features in.

Jumpingbananaboat wrote:
I know your stuffed with suggestions and such but here's one more: What about a power up where the player can charge up their stun gun for a longer stun? Such as holding down the fire button and uses 3 to 5 shots while the target gets stunned x2 as long. I was thinking that could be use to stun the beasts faster since they probably will take a few hits to stun and you could include it to with the current update then move it around as a later power up just so the playerbase get to play around with it till we have more progress later on.

Similar feature is already on the list! Trying to implement a charge for this update before changing to a powerup later will likely be more effort than it's worth however, considering the time it will take vs other things I could be working on in the time.

Jumpingbananaboat wrote:ooo micros?

Possibly!
DraconicSyntax
Participator

Postby Jumpingbananaboat » Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:10 pm

firebolt2526 wrote: but it's super easy to change around the level design once I do have those features in.

Huh so map design is easier to make? That good to hear as I was wondering how long stage making take as apposed to character and item design.

firebolt2526 wrote:Similar feature is already on the list!..

Whoops, forgot how many suggestion you've received this year alone! Maybe you can add in the first post a tab that shows what suggestions you have down so far with a status after them like a will happen, may happen, and like to happen if you can do so.

firebolt2526 wrote:

Possibly!

So what they pop out of the machine and run around till you pick them and eat them for insta-health?
Jumpingbananaboat
Been posting for a bit

Postby DraconicSyntax » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:38 pm

Jumpingbananaboat wrote:
Huh so map design is easier to make? That good to hear as I was wondering how long stage making take as apposed to character and item design.

Well of a sort - designing a level can more or less be compared to writing a story in terms of difficulty/time length, can be very hard or very easy depending on various stuff, but it's mostly conceptual stuff you're working with. The actual physical act of building a level is literally just dragging and dropping assets, so if I already have an idea or need to make a change, it's super simple to do.

For reference though, the first level I sort of had "writers block" for for a majority of alpha development, till I had a day where I just sat for a couple hours and sketched out a level design. After that only took another hour or two to actually build.
By contrast, so far I've averaged about 10-14 hours of work per animation for the newest enemy (though as this one is so big, it's natural for it to take a bit longer. Large pixel art animations are hell to animate, idk what I was thinking when I made the base sprite size 128's).

Meanwhile significant blocks of code range 4-10 hours each, though this varies a lot - the player prey code took a good 8 hours, though is very basic right now and will need a lot of fleshing out - line of sight code took in total probably 36 hours, as it was a ton of trial and error and infuriating bugs that made no sense - the sound detection system took probably 2 hours or less, but that was until I found out it only appeared to work when in reality it would only work with a single enemy, and some other code had to be reworked in order for it to work with all enemies.

Jumpingbananaboat wrote:
Whoops, forgot how many suggestion you've received this year alone! Maybe you can add in the first post a tab that shows what suggestions you have down so far with a status after them like a will happen, may happen, and like to happen if you can do so.

I've got a large page of personal notes including all sorts of stuff about the game and what I have planned, if people want I could probably attach it to the main post so people can get more of an idea about what's going on with the game.

Jumpingbananaboat wrote:
firebolt2526 wrote:

Possibly!

So what they pop out of the machine and run around till you pick them and eat them for insta-health?

That's about what I'm planning, plus perhaps a very brief automatic digestion period (not one that restricts movement though).
DraconicSyntax
Participator

Postby Jumpingbananaboat » Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:56 pm

firebolt2526 wrote:
Well of a sort....

In short level design is much shorter and easier to do then the rest, cool. Well if you ever get stuck with lvl designing you can always ask for inspiration from here and see what comes up.

firebolt2526 wrote:
That's about what I'm planning, plus perhaps a very brief automatic digestion period (not one that restricts movement though).

hmmm....wonder how many sprite that will take... There also the option of reusing the full belly 1 sprites but that wouldn't make size sense with micros, maybe small knee high people or aliens could work for that.
Jumpingbananaboat
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game