Eka's Chat Enhancement Suite V0.33

Everything related to our vore chat room and vore roleplaying room can go here!

Eka's Chat Enhancement Suite V0.33

Postby Knock » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:25 pm

Eka’s Roleplay Chat Enhancement Suite V0.33

Changelog:
Spoiler: show
V0.32: Added one small feature at the request of a friend. You can now download private logs from the private logs menu. The button to do so is in the top left corner.

V0.33: Fixed a compatibility issue where I was a dumbass and used a deprecated, nonstandard outerText property. Should fix some issues with firefox.

DOWNLOAD (V0.33): Here.

This originally started as a small project to allow for users to migrate ignore lists between profiles. Over time, I’ve spotted various small things that I wanted to modify or add to the clientside for personal use. This extension is the combination of all of these ideas I’ve had, rolled into one.

➤Blocklist
With this, you can easily save/load a custom ignore list, which removes the tedium and difficulty of migrating a blocklist from one character to another. This reduces it to a single click.

➤Ping Stopper
With this, you will no longer be ‘pinged’ when a blocked character messages you or mentions your name in the chat.

➤Extra Eyecons
With this, you can have up to 8 eyecons/text colors per character rather than 4. Note: Since this actively changes how your profile is saved server-side, this remains permanently even after removing the extension.

➤Private Log Filtering
With this, you can click a character’s name in the private log menu and the display will be filtered to only show logs between you and them.

➤Ping Highlights
With this, any time your name or one of its aliases is said in chat, the message will be highlighted to allow you to find it easily.

➤Assorted Improvements
I also changed some minor settings around to fix some minor frustrations. With this, the profile edit box won’t get those weird horizontal scroll bars in the middle of it any longer that throw everything off. In addition, the “Temporary All List” menu will no longer cut off user descriptions above a certain length and will instead use a scroll bar. There’s a hard, server-side limit on these but this helps a bit.

➤Private Log Downloads
Easy, one-click downloads for all of your private roleplay logs.

Installation:
It’s fairly easy to install, with everything being inside a single .JS file. Keep in mind that the only supported browsers are Firefox and Chrome, and to use this you’ll need an extension to run this script.
For Chrome, I recommend the Tampermonkey extension.
For Firefox, I recommend the Greasemonkey extension.

To install, you’ll want to pull up the menu for whichever extension you’re using—this will be in the top-right corner of your browser—and create a new userscript. From there, copy and paste the contents of the attached JS file into the script, overwriting anything that might be in it and… you’re done! You can also drag and drop the file onto the empty script and it will automatically load its contents in. Be sure to save it and you’re good to go!

If you have any questions, suggestions, or other feedback, it’s more than welcome.

Thank you, and I hope it helps.
Knock/Sacchi
Last edited by Knock on Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:37 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Knock
New to the forum

Re: Chatroom Blocklist Extension

Postby pudgepire » Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:00 pm

extremely handy. 10/10 would definitely recommend if you have a lot of characters on the chatroom and have an ignore list. saves a lot of time.
pudgepire
Somewhat familiar

Re: Chatroom Blocklist Extension

Postby Kitti » Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:05 pm

Works like a charm, Knock. ^^
Thank you SO much for the contribution!
And in that moment, I became jealous of an arrowhead.

Commission information here.
Check out my picky Seeking Roleplay topic.
Kitti
???

Re: Chatroom Blocklist Extension (v0.2)

Postby hax » Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:59 pm

Is there a way to make you not hear pings from blocked whispers though?
hax
Somewhat familiar

Postby ChristyRai » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:37 pm

Thank you so much for this.
Really needed.

I am getting can't load( cant unzip file for instal) and missing manifest when loading from unpacked. however.
ChristyRai
Participator

Postby Knock » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:52 pm

Chrome or Firefox? And for Chrome, you don't need to unzip it at all. Just drag and drop the whole ZIP right on in. I'll double-check on my end since I just updated it a bit ago, but it should be working?

EDIT: Something was definitely wrong. I must've messed up the upload. I've edited in a new link to a file that should work this time, and changed the instructions a bit. I think the ZIP files were part of the issue.
Knock
New to the forum

Postby ChristyRai » Sat May 30, 2020 12:07 am

Hi again. I can't load this in chrome, even though i have developer mode turned on. It just gives me the "This extension is not listed in the Chrome Web Store and may have been added without your knowledge. " and wont enable.

I also dont think it works anymore for firefox either. My blocklist wont save over.
ChristyRai
Participator

Re: Eka's Chat Enhancement Suite V0.3

Postby Knock » Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:01 am

I've updated this pretty heavily and added a large number of features. Hopefully some of you can get some use out of it.
Knock
New to the forum

Re: Eka's Chat Enhancement Suite V0.33

Postby Someone92 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:44 pm

I really like the Private Log Filtering, Highlights and the scroll bar for the Temp All List.

However it worries me a bit that your addon can permanently alter how things are saved on the server. 8O
Someone92
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Knock » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:49 pm

If that part worries you, I designed the entire addon to be very modular so it's very easy to pick and choose the parts you want to use.

If you look in the script itself, there will be a line near the bottom that says:

extraEyecons();

All you have to do to disable it is replace this line with:

//extraEyecons();

And you will have disabled this feature entirely.
Knock
New to the forum

Postby Someone92 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:26 pm

Thanks for the answer, but my concern was more about that the chat server does not block third-party applications from altering data on the server.
Someone92
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Revx_Z » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:10 am

Might there be some way to filter or sort search results?
Revx_Z
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Someone92 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:03 pm

Is it possible to read what sex someone has selected under -> Edit Profle -> Gender?
If so, a nice feature would be to add said symbol also next to the name in the profile page.
Someone92
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Knock » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:07 pm

Revx_Z wrote:Might there be some way to filter or sort search results?

Depends on what you mean, really. Each of the 'log' menus behaves very differently and most of what happens there is on the server-side. The public logs can't really be specifically filtered in a way that's actually useful aside from the already available methods. The private logs can only really be filtered by character name unfortunately, and that's already available. Unless you mean some other sort of search? Either way, from what I've experimented with there isn't a whole lot I can do for those.

Someone92 wrote:Is it possible to read what sex someone has selected under -> Edit Profle -> Gender?
If so, a nice feature would be to add said symbol also next to the name in the profile page.

So you mean that when you open a character's profile, it will change the name in the header to be their name plus the gender symbol? That's probably undoable on my end as well. Adding something to a profile is very simple but actually getting the profile in question's gender would be trickier. I don't really think there's an easy way I could go about doing that, unfortunately.
Knock
New to the forum

Postby Someone92 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:23 am

Oh, I thought the chat server had some kind of API where reading the gender of a character would properly be one of the first functions that is implemented.
So your code basically only reads the site's source code?
Someone92
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Knock » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:00 pm

There's no API or anything like that, and it's not really 'source code' since it's just HTML/CSS/Javascript. All my code does is modifies the pages on-load to change certain attributes like aesthetic styling or modify certain user-side scripts. There's technically nothing being done to the server-side. Even the extra eyecons part is literally just adding extra eyecon selection submenus on the clientside. Basically by pure coincidence of how the back end was programmed, it will accept extra inputs and add them to your character.
Knock
New to the forum

Postby AnotherAnon » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:10 am

Heya! I'm so glad you're doing stuff like this, seeing as there doesn't seem to be any (visible) development on the chat room any more.

One feature that I'd really like back from the old chat is for the "Find" system to only search through and show results for users that are online, as well as give the option to sort the results. (Before you could sort by ID for example ASC/DSC).

So currently if you "Search Name" or "Search Profile" it will only spit out results for everyone, whether they're online or not, which to be honest isn't all too useful. Would it be possible to insert a functionality that will only show results of people Online?

Thanks a bunch!
AnotherAnon
Been posting for a bit

Postby Teruyo » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:28 am

Can't recommend this enough. The highlighted mentions alone make it worth using, and the extra text colors/eyecon slots have been useful in a few situations, like my restaurant setting alt where I have 7 different restaurants, each with their own color and logo. Fixing the various visual bugs is a nice bonus, too.
Teruyo
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Leshana » Tue May 10, 2022 8:45 pm

I recently was linked to this topic! I didn't know about some of these bugs, they aren't something I encounter when using the chat, but I went and fixed a couple of them last night
  • Fixed ding on message from ignored user, also the rogue hoverbox for ignored messages.
  • Added scrollbars when needed on the "All" users list. Also tweaked sizing and line height.
  • Fixed the horizontal scrollbar that could appear in the middle of codemirror editor when using chrome.
    (Thank you Knock for your research)
I recommend removing pingStopper(); from your scripts as using it will prevent today's fix for the hoverbox issue from taking effect.
profileEditFix(); and tempAllListFixer(); should also no longer be necessary.
Leshana
Apex-Predator

Return to Our chat room