Vegetarianism and vore

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Vegetarianism and vore

Postby Nikkidafox » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:25 pm

So I was kind of jokingly discussing vore with a friend of mine (who isn't into vore), and she brought up a question. I think it was a joke but it made me actually think. What effect does being a vegetarian/vegan in real life have on a vore fetish? Especially if you are a pred. Does it translate at all? Or is it just compartmentalized?
Nikkidafox
Participator

Re: Vegetarianism and vore

Postby EnderDracolich » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:48 pm

I honestly don't see why one's real-world actions should match one's fictional actions.
Fantasy is fantasy and reality is reality. I might be a vore predator but I'm not inclined to eat people IRL.

Indeed, there are lots of things I do in fantasy I wouldn't do IRL. Like kill people, or rob people, or keep people as pets/slaves.

So for me personally, my vore preferences have no bearing on my IRL vegetarian diet. One is real and the other is a fantasy.
EnderDracolich
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby blessedwasthechild » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:49 pm

Omg you have no idea how many vegetarian vorarephiles I've met--its just a fetish for them, and are moved strongly by the real world suffering of animals.

Funny this topic came up cuz I was thinking about this same thing today :o but I was trying to think of gags and scenarios involving vore characters that claim to be vegetarians xD
blessedwasthechild
Participator

Postby Jayezox » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:51 pm

I'm not sure if flexitarian counts, but it parallels my "vore ethics" to some extent if you will. I don't like the idea of killing if it's not necessary which is partly why I try vegan recipes and eat as little meat and dairy as possible. The biggest reason I'm not fully vegan is the social aspect. Likewise, my vore characters will not digest someone unless they had to for survival or they swallowed a villain. I will bend that rule to nameless npc's if I'm roleplaying with someone that prefers it, again, for social reasons. However, one is not the cause of the other and I think it's a mix of coincidental and the same root cause.
Jayezox
---

Postby 13master13 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:37 am

As a vegetarian (and prey), I sometimes incorporate it into the fantasy as a pred who thinks that vegetarians taste better, or she's on a "vegetarian diet" - she only eats vegetarians.
Mx Thirteen
Editor in Chief:
Anthropophagette Press
13master13
Somewhat familiar

Postby Christess12 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:16 am

As a Vegan, it has absolutely nothing to do with it for me. As EnderDracolich said Fantasy is Fantasy and Reality is Reality, for me they are practically not connected in any way. I can see how some people would incorporate it such as 13master13 said, and that's their choice but I think it's up to the person and what they want to implement from their reality into
their fantasies.
Want some fun? I RP and get off on pleasing others however I can, just PM me and I can fulfill your wildest fantasies.
Christess12
Been posting for a bit

Postby Shugoki » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:02 pm

Regardless of your stance on meat: are you a serial killer? No? There's your answer. Your IRL ethical practices do not bear on your fetishes; in fact, one's sexual self is often the antithesis of their regular self. I mean, look at video games. Lots of people like to roleplay as a badass who shoots up hordes of enemies, but Doom doesn't create school shooters, despite what cable news would have you believe, much in the same way that fantasizing about eating a whole-ass person doesn't influence your conscious choice to not support a pretty fucked-up industry.
Fuck are you reading this for? Keep scrolling, fool!
Shugoki
Somewhat familiar

Postby Ghrelin » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:30 am

+1 vegan pred. My real-life diet and my vore kink have nothing to do with each other, for reasons others have explained in this thread. That said, I like the idea of a pred character who's "vegan except for vore". Could be fun.
Ghrelin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby EnderDracolich » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:54 am

Ghrelin wrote:That said, I like the idea of a pred character who's "vegan except for vore". Could be fun.

My main pred character is vegetarian except for vore. ^^
EnderDracolich
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Trebortron3 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:03 am

I agree with the people above who say that one's real-world ethics don't dictate their fantasies/fetishes, but I do find this an interesting area of discussion. Even if there's not a hard parallel, I've often wondered if veg*nism has some influence, however subtle, on one's inclination towards vore. From what little I've seen, and including myself (vegetarian/prey), I'd speculate that there's a slight over-representation of veg*ns in the community, and while I'm not aware of any active interaction between my vegetarianism and vore interests, I wonder if my inclination to considering the experiences of animals lent itself to my initial interest in the experience of a sentient creature being eaten.

I'd also be interested in seeing what the pred/prey split is among veg*ns in the community.
Trebortron3
Participator

Postby Shugoki » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:17 am

Also, if people are plants, technically you can still be a vegan and eat people. Just food for thought (and/or actual food).
Fuck are you reading this for? Keep scrolling, fool!
Shugoki
Somewhat familiar

Postby GramzonTheDragon » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:43 am

Just because i enjoy a dark yet silly same size vore between fictional animal people/intelligent beasts doesn't mean i condone people actually being murdered horribly or cannibalism in general! I actually find real cannibalism disgusting, which is part of why i typically steer clear of human preds and to a lesser extent human prey. It helps me further suspend my disbelief even if logically it's not much different if an anthropomorphized animal with human like proportions is doing it.
GramzonTheDragon
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby eaterjolly » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:04 pm

"What do you confidently know which few do and most would disagree?" ~ Paraphrasing Peter Thiel

I too often in life feel as if I have a less wrong opinion which no one else would voice, whether irl, on wiki'es, bulletin boards, chatrooms, etc.
Vore, atleast in the not very self-aware sense of cartoons (especially Teen Titans, episode "Killer Tofu") trained my self to experience some nostalgia thinking about food ethics.
An ethic by any practical definition, requires conflict thus any ethic requires an anti-ethic. Veganism's existence requires carnism's existence.

When a hero criticizes a villain for to turning people into food, the reasons convert into a "grammar" of food ethics. Even if the "rhetoric" describes an impossible, untrue, or rare circumstance, similar language patterns can get employed to describe possible, true, or common circumstances. I put grammar in quotations, because I refer to the notion from counter-terrorism theory rather than the common notion of grammar such as spelling or prepositions. The more we expose ourselves to the language patterns in a pleasant setting, the greater the potential for nostalgia when faced with a moral argument about food.

FrenchSnack wrote a Felarya fiction about a Dryad vegetarian, who participated in a discussion group with other Felaryans to convince them to not only stop eating humans but also stop consuming non-human animals as well. The story played well on the personalities of the characters to present the argument with much irony and without much preaching. I won't say that story influenced my decision, but the story certainly influenced, in a very deep way, the kind of vegan I would be.
eaterjolly
Been posting for a bit

Postby RiffRaff » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:03 am

I think it'd be easy enough to say that a vegan or a vegetarian could just as easily be a pred, so long as they stuck to willing prey. Maybe I don't grasp the full point of being one (I'm just a new vegetarian) but I don't see any reason why you couldn't be able to eat someone if they were outright asking you to.
RiffRaff
Been posting for a bit

Postby eaterjolly » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:03 pm

RiffRaff wrote:I think it'd be easy enough to say that a vegan or a vegetarian could just as easily be a pred, so long as they stuck to willing prey. Maybe I don't grasp the full point of being one (I'm just a new vegetarian) but I don't see any reason why you couldn't be able to eat someone if they were outright asking you to.

Diet ethics inherit the complexity of economics, since almost no humans only gather food.

In Felarya, of course, you have none of that complexity since every predator there DOES only gather food. (Other than fairies, the predators have no concept of economics except random barter.) Scientifically, you have a few interesting facts to consider. Most digestive systems will not deconstruct proteins similar to ones in the eater's DNA. If one creature eats another's muscle, very likely the eater's muscles will acquire proteins not accounted for in the eater's DNA. From a forensic perspective, vegans have a diet which turns out more "anonymous" at least postmortem.

Sophisticated characters might not trust potential prey to have at least equal proteins, or to not have defective DNA (due to loose breeding practices). For safety, most digestive systems evolved to rapidly deconstruct hormones, but few bowels have absolute coverage to protect a predator from an altered physical or mental state due to consuming a similar creature. Those considerations have little to do with deeming life precious.

Orientalists tend to have morals neither shallow nor deep, which take pride in complexity rather than explicitly deeming life precious. Dragons certainly would act more like orientalists than like Animal Liberation Front members.
(Remember, humans are animals too! The ALF's ideology supports non-violent subversion.)

tl;dr I agree, but not every vegan, vegetarian, Buddhist, or Jain will, even a vorarephile.
eaterjolly
Been posting for a bit

Postby Cowrie » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:49 pm

Not vegetarian, let alone vegan, but IRL there are certain animals, including pigs and all cephalopods, that I refuse to eat due to those animals being too smart. I've sometimes wondered if on some level this is a way of overcompensating for my being into vore as a predator.

Shugoki wrote:Also, if people are plants, technically you can still be a vegan and eat people. Just food for thought (and/or actual food).

For a while, I've had a fixation on the idea of a vegan predator character who eats plant people. In fact, I plan on doing some art with that concept fairly soon.
I am open for art commissions or trades! See here for details.
Cowrie
???

Postby IvesBentonEaton » Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:49 pm

I know what you mean. We raised a few pigs in our youth, and I saw one do an amazing bit of problem-solving and began to wonder if maybe they were sapient enough to avoid them as food.

(To be fair, pigs wouldn't have any qualms about eating us; they can and will eat almost anything.)

I'll still eat it if offered it because it would be wrong to waste the flesh of an already dead one, but I never buy it for my own food. No point of encouraging it.
Come and hear the Tales of a Visceral Voyager
If you don’t, Zōēā’s poor snake will go hungry.
You wouldn’t want that, would you? :(
IvesBentonEaton
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby French_snack » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:06 am

I only discovered the vore community fairly late, in my mid-twenties, over a decade ago now. Before that, I was alone with my strange fantasies, and I occasionally wondered whether being a vegetarian had some influence on me fantasising about girls eating me. It seems not, and I've since become a vegan without it altering my fantasies either.

eaterjolly wrote:FrenchSnack wrote a Felarya fiction about a Dryad vegetarian, who participated in a discussion group with other Felaryans to convince them to not only stop eating humans but also stop consuming non-human animals as well. The story played well on the personalities of the characters to present the argument with much irony and without much preaching. I won't say that story influenced my decision, but the story certainly influenced, in a very deep way, the kind of vegan I would be.

Thank you, very much! That's some of the most touching praise I've received about one of my stories, and I'm really glad if that story contributed to how you thought through the issues yourself.

If anyone is curious, that story is here.

Ghrelin wrote:+1 vegan pred. My real-life diet and my vore kink have nothing to do with each other, for reasons others have explained in this thread. That said, I like the idea of a pred character who's "vegan except for vore". Could be fun.

In addition to the aforementioned dryad in Felarya, who in any case gets a large part of her nourishment from rain and sunlight, I do have a vegan pred character, in my "IVC" series. Which is a series set in our "normal" world except that shrinking and eating people who want to be eaten is more or less socially accepted, and girls hold contests in which they stuff themselves cheerfully with as many willing "shrinkies" as they can.

The character's name is Alix but she calls herself "Vivee", short for "Vegan Voress". She's an ethical vegan, but enjoys eating willing people... and also oysters, on the ground that contrary to other animals, they don't feel anything. She first appears in some of the scenes of this story, and then is more prominent in this one. She eats people in both.
My short stories (210 so far, 211th coming when I have time to write it):
http://aryion.com/g3/showgallery.php?id=161506
French_snack
???

Postby Proxima » Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:34 pm

I'm vegan since about 4 years and still love vore as long as it's fictional or harmless. Like, object swallowing or roleplay, but no real animals.

My Reddit username is even "VeganVagiVore"
Where so ever two or three are gathered in my stomach, I am also there.
Proxima
New to the forum

Postby eaterjolly » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:01 pm

The keywords "refine" and "thoughts" resonating with me, made me more secure in my still freshly developed principles.
More-over rationalizing the plot made me think about how not consuming humans would affect culture in Felarya,
"What would happen if Shelny succeeded on a large scale? That would damage nearly all cultures in Felarya."
which then clicked in me to prioritize the potence of existence (or existential health) for beings over actual life.
If we damage cultures too severely, we likewise keep non-human animals from that same moral development.*
Terranity** must properly export cultural concepts from grammars of carnism to grammars of veganism.
Until then, people must act judiciously in what aspects of carnism people ultimately start to subvert.

* in the long-term, where other species evolve civilization
** collectively all life, residing on terra-class planets.

Edit: UmU; hadn't occurred to me you'd have uploaded the story here. Dank'on!
eaterjolly
Been posting for a bit

Return to General Vore Discussion