Nights at the Elemens - Demo (v0.7)[Difficulty tweaks/fixes]

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Who's your favorite character so far

Slyph, the wind element
25%
Ruby, the fire element
19%
Yuki, the yuki-onna
11%
Petra, the earth element
13%
Mizu, the water element
16%
The Unnamed Witch
17%

Total votes : 405

Re: Nights at the Elements - Demo (v0.55)[Bug Fixes and Chan

Postby ian66613 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:01 am

Stega wrote:Love the game so far although a few bugs ive seen.
1. cant use custom nights

You need to beat night 4. it would be nice if custom nights told you this when you clicked on it before you beat night 4. Also, if you're looking to use this to force Mizu by increasing her difficulty to max and the others to zero, don't worry, Mizu still can't get you.
Ideal Vore Games · Vore Preferences · My OC (4 inch (10cm) fairy boy.)
I am NOT into Furries/Bestial/Animals.
ian66613
---

Postby Cielie » Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:03 pm

The Slyph/Ruby combo is tied with which of the two characters, never got it in custom yet and didnt died by it during regular night's so I have yet to unlock these scenes. Any way to make it easier to trigger? I have tried them in both max difficulties and didnt got it in 7 nights now.
Cielie
Been posting for a bit

Postby Shadowlyger » Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:25 pm

Spoiler: show
The Sylph/Ruby combo is tied to Ruby, Sylph doesn't even need to be active for it. It will, however, probably take a few runs for it to actually show up, as it's quite rare.
Shadowlyger
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby ian66613 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:09 am

I got Sylph + Ruby right after I blocked Ruby from attacking me; which she attempted to do right after I blocked Sylph from attacking me. Though whether or not doing such so close to one another increased the chances... I don't know.
ian66613
---

Postby Evergreen928 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:24 pm

I, much like at least 75% of this forum (lowballing it seems) am having quite some difficulty. Managed to make it to Night 3, and I'm stuck. Ironically, I've noticed a lot of people had problems with Ruby. Ironically, I didn't have enough. I had been caught by every girl in the house except Ruby. The witch seems to be the most annoying one for me. Sylph had been getting too bold lately too, but nothing that hasn't already been said. Though, if I'm being honest, the first two nights were complete dumb luck. First night I beat with Yuki in the room as I just...stared at her like a Boo in Mario...and then after a lot of patience, the night ended. Second time, my battery lost power and I just continuously changed which door I was looking at...and won...

Also I've noticed not all the deaths I've recieved are watchable in the gallery, only Yuki's (which is still confusing), Sylph's oral and ub deaths (including her secret animation), and the secret death unlocked by the bathroom girl. I had the Ruby av death too, but it took finding a secret to unlock it. Not sure if that's a bug or if the others are viewable after you beat the other nights, but still figured it was worth mentioning.

Also, there's no viewable clock...anywhere...Thought it was intentional until I checked this post and saw people referencing times. I just kinda wait and hope the end of each night is drawing near.

Also, may I suggest a way to skip the death animation without waiting until the victory animation? It's not bad for Sylph's or Petra's oral deaths, but the others have a tendancy to be long-whinded when you've seen them dozens of times trying to beat the night, especially the witch's ub animation. It lets you skip them in the gallery, just let me skip them in game. I get that the vore is kinda the point of the game, but it's the equivalent of dying in a pain-in-the-ass boss fight and have to sit through his intro cutscene every time you retry. It's a lot more pleasant to watch but it's just as irritating after a large amount of failed attempts. It's that moment of "I get it, I died, now let me try again already."

Ok, last thing. Am I an idiot? I can't, for the life of me, figure out what difference any of the items make. It literally feels like whatever item I choose results in the same outcome regardless. It always says something like "Petra likes your item" or "Sylph loves your item" yet they always act the same way regardless of which item I choose. Maybe offering items that increase ring charge or increase battery life on the tablet? Maybe it increases Mizu's speed in getting you batteries? Something that actually makes a noticeable difference in gameplay...but maybe I'm just being an idiot like I said. I am horrible at this game after all and only lasted the first 2 nights by sheer dumb luck

That being said, it is a fun game with great potential and that's from someone who really doesn't care for FNAF in general.
Evergreen928
New to the forum

Postby ian66613 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:53 pm

You can cheat the game by...

Using cheat engine and searching for a float value that decreases when you turn on your shield. The shield's value starts at 100, as does your tablet's battery.
ian66613
---

Postby notabot222 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:21 pm

ian66613 wrote:You can cheat the game by...

Using cheat engine and searching for a float value that decreases when you turn on your shield. The shield's value starts at 100, as does your tablet's battery.

How does this work? Can you elaborate on how to do this?
notabot222
New to the forum

Postby ian66613 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:47 pm

notabot222 wrote:

Cheat engine is a program you have to download: https://www.cheatengine.org/

Then you have to click the computer icon in the upper left once you open cheat engine then choose the game's process. After that, follow what I told you in the spoiler.
ian66613
---

Postby amerdism » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:45 pm

Shadowlyger wrote:
The Sylph/Ruby combo is tied to Ruby, Sylph doesn't even need to be active for it. It will, however, probably take a few runs for it to actually show up, as it's quite rare.

Rare my ass, I have trouble getting by night 3 cause of the witch and this combo. I cant block it
amerdism
Been posting for a bit

Postby AbsoluteChaos » Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:41 pm

ian66613 wrote:
notabot222 wrote:

Cheat engine is a program you have to download: https://www.cheatengine.org/

Then you have to click the computer icon in the upper left once you open cheat engine then choose the game's process. After that, follow what I told you in the spoiler.

I am having trouble finding the right value...
AbsoluteChaos
New to the forum

Postby Wollffett » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:40 am

Anyone have the full gallery and can explained how to get some of them cause I can't seem to get a few
Wollffett
Participator

Postby iepie122 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:50 am

quick question, is it normal to have two blank spaces in the gallery? if not could somebody tell me how you can unlock the two spaces after the witch?
iepie122
Somewhat familiar

Postby WhatTheNani » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:10 am

Spent over an hour typing out a bunch of my thoughts and suggestions for the game, then stupidly hit quote on a previous comment to add a quote to the end and had it all deleted. Yay for stupid forum formatting. Not gonna spend all that time again, but still want my thoughts out, so here are the cliff notes:

Great game, had a lot of fun with it, hot stuff. Main issues I had were in animations, clarity, and balance.

Animations: I know they are unfinished, and I did check the trello, but not sure exactly what is going to be improved with some of them. My biggest issue is that a lot of them cut out too soon without a good close up on whatever orifice is consuming you. Outside of Petra's secret attack animation and the witch's animations I felt all of them had this problem to a greater or lesser degree. On that note, Petra's secret attack animation is by far my favorite, there's a lot of personality to it, and it puts the camera fully in her mouth before fading away (though I, and I suspect many people, wouldn't have minded it lingering even a tiny bit more). It also doesn't have the issue the witch's animations have of being a bit too slow. Some of the animations are clearly more finished than others but for a specific one that seems a bit more complete but needs a touchup: petra's attack animation. I don't inherently mind the lack of a visual component, honestly I think it could be pretty good, but for that to work the sound effects need to do a lot of lifting. As it is it isn't even clear how she is voring you since there's only a brief moment of a wet noise and then the heartbeat. Either more detailed sound effects or a bit more visuals would make this animation great.
Oh, and you are probably already aware but just in case, the witch's oral vore death scene in the game is just her ub death scene, and in the gallery the one marked as her oral death scene just plays the oral attack. Also petra's, supposedly, UB death scene in the gallery is marked with the sword for an attack scene instead of the skulls (obviously not a big deal with that one though).

Smooth transition into the topic of things being unclear, a lack of clarity is my biggest issue by far with this game. I'd even say a lot of the difficulty people are having with it is caused by this, as the game is relatively straightforward once you understand it, and honestly even kinda easy up until night 4. So for a rapid fire round for clarity issues:

*The layout of the house is pretty unclear and even now I'm not sure I fully grasp it. This makes figuring out mizu's routes, especially her alternate route, more difficult. This combined with the way the girls tend to teleport about the house adds an extra layer of intial confusion and makes it hard to figure out where they are going to attack from.

*Even without above issue it can be hard to figure out where some of the girls attack from. Ruby is the biggest offender as her indication that she is about to attack isn't especially clear and on top of that she gives almost no hints as to where her attack comes from. Without kurohane's guide I'm not sure I would have figured her out before rage quitting. However the witch also has this issue. Pretty much the only way to even figure out which door she is going to come from is through experience (which likely means death), and even after dying to her many times it's still hard to keep track. This is made worse by the fact she has two different spells she can use, the shield damaging one and the shrink, which I only even got a solid idea of how to distinguish between by playing around with just her in a custom night. This is then made even worse by....

*Animation bugs with sylph and, I believe, the witch. The witch I'm less sure of, because it's possible I just missed seeing her, but I've had numerous times where I got hit by her without ever seeing her in any of the windows. With slyph though, I'm completely certain. I've had multiple instances where I had one of the two doors she can go through blocked, and was watching the other door like a hawk, only to get the game over scene from the door I was watching without her ever showing her face in it. For sylph at least this only really means bullshit cheap deaths, but for the witch this makes it incredibly hard to figure out which room lead to which door.

*Speaking of bugs, I was one of the people without a clock. Was not a fan of this at all, made the game notably harder and more stressful. Not sure what caused it, and I understand it's far from priority number one, but still something it would at least be nice to see addressed.

*The lack of anything concrete in the game linking the names of the elementals with their appearances. Though their behaviors and appearances gave some clues, it still would make it vastly easier for new players if they knew immediately who melodiana's note was referencing, and would help even out the game's learning curve.

*The fact that it's yuki's mom (and I only know its her mom for sure because of your patreon, the vague reference melodiana's note makes is not sufficient) is the star of yuki's vore animation is incredibly confusing at the start. That on top of the fact a few of my first deaths to yuki happened when I wasn't looking at her (possibly a bug? when this happened it came either a few seconds after turning away from her after a bit of a staring contest or immediately upon turning to the front to find her there after having stared at her a bit earlier, so could be a mechanic) made me think there was another elemental that was getting me instead of yuki, and it wasn't until I purposefully tried losing to yuki a couple times that I was confident it was her animation. Also it's a bit sad that she only gets a bit part in her own animation, might be nice to give her one of just her, possibly as an additional secret.

Balance: you already know sylph in later nights is too op and attacks too frequently, but I honestly had more trouble with the witch. Her unpredictability was a big factor, as spending the time to try and find her with the cameras is incredibly risky by night 4 on top of all her other issues, and she sometimes attacked much too frequently herself. There's a bug I encountered with her a few times where, seemingly after blocking one of her attacks, she disappeared for the rest of the night. If this could some way be made into a feature, maybe by not blocking her shield break or something, then that would help immensely in balancing her. Ruby, meanwhile is honestly too weak. Her intercepting mizu isn't too much of an issue, especially in the last night where sustained tablet use isn't even viable, and she only has one avenue of attack that she rarely even bothers with. It was a bit annoying when she'd linger in her attack ready position for super long periods, forcing me to burn my shields, but otherwise she was barely more threatening than yuki, which doesn't fit her apparent personality. If the rest of the game gets tuned down a few notches it might be ok to give her another angle of attack (and hopefully another vore animation). There's also a balance issue in the later nights where sustained tablet use gets replaced by spinning in circles checking doors, which is a lot less engaging, but hopefully tuning down sylph and the witch will fix that. Only other major issue I had with balance is that the witches spells feel too fast to react to without being super on top of door checking.

Misc criticism: I'm not a fan of the current gallery system. Personally I would prefer having scenes unlocked immediately upon experiencing them, though I do think there is something to be said for having a character's gallery unlock be a reward for completing a night. However, if you do keep the current system, please at least let each character be unlocked upon completing the night they first become a threat. I don't think petra, for instance, should be locked behind completing night 3 when she first becomes a threat in night 2. Same with the witch.

A cheese strat for people struggling: after the third death in a row your shield regen becomes equal to the degen of having a single shield up which means you can maintain one shield indefinitely. Shield up the front door and just leave it there, this will completely block out ruby and yuki (assuming you don't keep facing the shielded door, which you shouldn't) and limit sylph and the witch's avenues of approach. With ruby gone you effectively don't need your tablet, though you can make use of it to try and keep better tabs on sylph and the witch if you are fast and remember to keep checking on petra. However you can honestly just spin between the two remaining doors and throw the shield up if you see anyone at either one. This gets somewhat undermined if you encounter the same bugs I did of getting a game over without anyone showing up at the door, but renders the night significantly easier.

Wollffett wrote:Anyone have the full gallery and can explained how to get some of them cause I can't seem to get a few
iepie122 wrote:quick question, is it normal to have two blank spaces in the gallery? if not could somebody tell me how you can unlock the two spaces after the witch?

The two spaces after the witch are scenes that require a character not yet added to the game, so yes its normal to have those 2. The rest can be filled in.

Here's how to get the full gallery (ill put the secret's locations in spoilers at the end):
Sylph is unlocked upon beating night 1. Her first 2 are gotten by losing to her coming through the front door, her third and fourth from losing to her coming through the side door, her 5th one is one of the secrets, and her 6th and 7th are obtain through losing to a rare scene that happens when ruby and sylph get together in sylph's room (bit odd its in sylph's gallery though when its based on ruby, you can still get it even if sylph is inactive)

Ruby is unlocked after beating night 2, and her only 2 scenes are gotten from losing to her one avenue of attack (the front).

Petra is unlocked after beating night 3. Her first two come from losing to her retribution for not watching her enough, and the third and fourth are one of the secrets.

The witch is unlocked after beating night 4. Her first two are unlocked by losing to her ub attack, which comes from either the front or the side (she'll do these when casting from the pool or the barren area with her cauldron). The third and fourth are from losing to her oral vore attack which comes from behind (she casts this from the downstairs hallway by the stairs or from game room). Directions and starting locations of attack are based on what i discovered testing in a custom night btw, there might be more to it than that.

The ones in the angel section I think are unlocked upon beating night 1. The first two you obtain by losing to yuki from staring at her too long. The second two are one of the secrets.

How to find the secrets (note, secrets will show up randomly when checking the room they spawn in. If you are looking for one just keep checking the room, going off it, then checking again).:
One is found in sylph's room, its a pink dildo on the stand to the right of her bed. One is found in petra's room, its a flower pot to the right of the door to the shower. The other is found in the downstairs hallway by the stairs, its the girl looking out of the door on the left (this is the easiest to spot by far).
WhatTheNani
Somewhat familiar

Re: Nights at the Elements - Demo (v0.7)[Difficulty tweaks a

Postby eatme1234 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:45 pm

Nate v0.7 has been released! The link is the same link in the first post. Hopefully the game is much easier, seeing as most of the responses are about how hard it is.

Animations: I know they are unfinished, and I did check the trello, but not sure exactly what is going to be improved with some of them. My biggest issue is that a lot of them cut out too soon without a good close up on whatever orifice is consuming you. Outside of Petra's secret attack animation and the witch's animations I felt all of them had this problem to a greater or lesser degree. On that note, Petra's secret attack animation is by far my favorite, there's a lot of personality to it, and it puts the camera fully in her mouth before fading away (though I, and I suspect many people, wouldn't have minded it lingering even a tiny bit more). It also doesn't have the issue the witch's animations have of being a bit too slow. Some of the animations are clearly more finished than others but for a specific one that seems a bit more complete but needs a touchup: petra's attack animation. I don't inherently mind the lack of a visual component, honestly I think it could be pretty good, but for that to work the sound effects need to do a lot of lifting. As it is it isn't even clear how she is voring you since there's only a brief moment of a wet noise and then the heartbeat. Either more detailed sound effects or a bit more visuals would make this animation great.
Oh, and you are probably already aware but just in case, the witch's oral vore death scene in the game is just her ub death scene, and in the gallery the one marked as her oral death scene just plays the oral attack. Also petra's, supposedly, UB death scene in the gallery is marked with the sword for an attack scene instead of the skulls (obviously not a big deal with that one though).

Petra's attack was designed to be ambiguous, meaning how she vores the player is entirely up to the player's imagination. I'll still ask my video editor to see if he can add a few more sounds to it, along with speeding up the witch's animation. The witch's vore animation will have internals for it, the video itself is done, but it does need some editing before I can add it.
20200704225106692.png
Sneak peek of the internals.

Even without above issue it can be hard to figure out where some of the girls attack from. Ruby is the biggest offender as her indication that she is about to attack isn't especially clear and on top of that she gives almost no hints as to where her attack comes from. Without kurohane's guide I'm not sure I would have figured her out before rage quitting. However the witch also has this issue. Pretty much the only way to even figure out which door she is going to come from is through experience (which likely means death), and even after dying to her many times it's still hard to keep track.

I might considering changing the way ruby works. The main reason why she's able to attack from the game room is due to the fact that at the time, you could permanently stare at characters and as long as you didn't look away, they wouldn't attack you. Now that that mechanic isn't in the game anymore, I can change it.

The lack of anything concrete in the game linking the names of the elementals with their appearances. Though their behaviors and appearances gave some clues, it still would make it vastly easier for new players if they knew immediately who melodiana's note was referencing, and would help even out the game's learning curve.

Noted, I'll add their names somewhere so that doesn't happen.

Anything else I haven't responded to, most likely has been fixed (I hope).
eatme1234
Participator

Re: Nights at the Elemens - Demo (v0.7)[Difficulty tweaks/fi

Postby ian66613 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:12 pm

I'm glad to see Yuki's video file now has her freezing us. Still wondering what Mizu will do in the future, as she still doesn't do anything. There's still two ? gallery items as well.

The witch's internal video after the initial swallow (for both unbirth/oral) still has no sound. (Does in gallery still.)
ian66613
---

Postby captainbobey » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:22 am

ian66613 wrote:I'm glad to see Yuki's video file now has her freezing us. Still wondering what Mizu will do in the future, as she still doesn't do anything. There's still two ? gallery items as well.

May be wishful thinking, but I'm hoping Mizu will have some sort of interaction where she's just done with your shit. I kind of expected her to attack if she came to deliver a battery while you already had one or something like that, or her have a silent rage meter that built up as you annoyed her. Then she just snaps and stops helping you altogether.
captainbobey
Somewhat familiar

Postby aboody655A » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:44 pm

What is the code to download his game?
aboody655A
New to the forum

Postby ian66613 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:06 pm

aboody655A wrote:What is the code to download his game?

There isn't one. Click on this lovely lady on the first post in this thread on page 1 at the top of the page. (Clicking on her here will only make her aroused and might cause her to eat you in your dreams.)

Then on that patreon post, select the whole URL and click copy:

On that MEGA link, right-click your platform's archive file, and go to Download... > Standard Download:

ian66613
---

Re: Nights at the Elements - Demo (v0.7)[Difficulty tweaks a

Postby WhatTheNani » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:18 am

Petra's attack was designed to be ambiguous, meaning how she vores the player is entirely up to the player's imagination. I'll still ask my video editor to see if he can add a few more sounds to it, along with speeding up the witch's animation.
Much appreciated. I think a bit of visual stimuli might also help a bit, even something as simple as a bit of fleshy red in there when being ingested, might help as well. I like the concept, but I just feel the animation needs a bit more spice. And yeah shortening the witch's animations a bit would be nice.
I might considering changing the way ruby works. The main reason why she's able to attack from the game room is due to the fact that at the time, you could permanently stare at characters and as long as you didn't look away, they wouldn't attack you. Now that that mechanic isn't in the game anymore, I can change it.
Just a possible thought for this, but could be nice to have her attack from otherwise almost unused balcony(?) door, as that's kind of where the animation makes it look like she comes from anyways, and that would make it so you can't block off half the possible assaults by just blocking the front door.
eatme1234 wrote:Anything else I haven't responded to, most likely has been fixed (I hope).

Got some bad news on that front. Played around a bit in custom nights and I still am having issues with invisible sylph and the witch totally disappearing for the night. For the sylph issue I'm not sure what the trigger even is, feels like sometimes she shows up just fine visually and other times she disappears completely for a bit then I suddenly get a game over, often from the direction I'm looking in. I believe (haven't done any hard testing) that she is invisible like this more often when you are already staring at the door she is going to come through (the game in general still sometimes doesn't seem to like making things happen in front of you, mizu for instance will still never start delivering the battery if you stare at her in the pool after requesting it). However, I'm not sure I've seen her show visually at the front door once in this version. Have had her show up at the back, but also have had her not appear visually even when she was there as well. Usually I'm watching the front door so that might be why, and at least one of the times I got a game over from her back door attack was when I was staring at it. It's possible that she just doesn't show up visually at the front period, as I think all my game overs with her not appearing when I was checking doors in a circle happened from the front, and that she'll only be invisible from the back when you are watching the backdoor, but idk.
For the witch issue, it happened much less consistently, but I still got the witch to completely disappear 3 nights in a row when playing around with her on maximum difficulty. At least 2 of the times were when I had a barrier up in the place she was going to appear in, then lowered it the instant she disappeared off the camera to attack (the third time I don't remember well enough to say definitively what I did), so it may or may not be that.

Also on the subject of the witch, and a segue into matters other than persistent bugs, I really like her new slower cast speed, and the more straight forward shrink spell vs barrier break (correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I can tell now she will always barrier break if you have the barrier already raised when she initiates her attack and will otherwise do a shrink spell), however I do have a gripe with the barrier break, namely that it happens more or less instantly. Outside of just missing getting the animation of her fucking up the spell and falling over, it would be a lot more engaging if the barrier break spell also had a cast time and you had the ability to undo the barrier before she cast it if you were fasted enough. As is it only punishes you for knowing where the witch is coming from and preemptively blocking her (although if you wanted to turn the witch leaving bug into a feature, perhaps give the barrier break a super short cast time (maybe just a second or two) and have it so that failing the barrier break spell causes her to leave you alone, if not for the rest of the night then at least a noticeably extended duration).

Oh and just gonna throw this in briefly before I start talking about other changes, a patch notes would be handy to have so we know more specifically what changed and what to look for. Current patch notes are still for the old version, and I didn't see any specific ones on the patreon.

Alright changes, I played around with the max difficulties of each of the girls, sometimes completely by themselves, sometimes with other threats accompanying them. I'm assuming no one will hit max difficulty in the normal nights, but I was still curious what they would be like. Sylph becomes completely impossible, once she leaves her room she never returns, and, possibly combod with the invisibility bug, will often just not show up anywhere until you suddenly get a game over. You can occasionally catch her coming on the hallway cam (great new addition (assuming its new and that I didn't just totally miss it before) btw), but she basically forces you to keep at minimum 1 door barricaded at all times. The witch is surprisingly manageable since she still waits around in the rooms for a while before attacking, but once she shows up the first time she will never stop. She will always either be in a room preparing or in the process of attacking (assuming she didn't bug out for the night). It's actually kind of fun and a great way to get to learn her movements. Ruby is comparatively a nonfactor. She attacks frequently enough that its easy to use the camera constantly and still slip mizu through with a battery with room to spare, but still seemingly less frequently than a half difficulty sylph. Yuki.....well I'll get to her in a bit. Petra turned so fidgety that getting a battery and checking sylph might be enough to have her stomping towards you, but honestly it didn't feel like that much of a change from what she used to feel like; the same tactics worked just as well, there was just less margin for error.

Briefly while talking about Petra, discovered a bug that she would sometimes disappear completely from her room. She wouldn't be in the hallway or the shower either, one moment she'd be lounging around or watching the camera as normal, I'd look away for a second, she'd be gone. I'd check the hallway, nothing, I'd wait for my inevitable demise only for it to never come and shortly thereafter she'd just be in her room normally again. Might be a new mechanic? but seemed more likely a bug.

Oh and before I forget, the clock shows up for me now, so that's real nice. Thanks for fixing that.

Now for yuki. Overall I really like the changes, having her mom show up in the room when you've been staring for a bit too long was great, and really helped with the clarity issue I had brought up previously (not knowing who the snowlady's game over was linked to). Her improved freezing animation, and overall shorter animation, is also great, though I do somewhat miss the moment of falling snow (it was a bit long for my tastes though in its previous state, I admit, and overall I like this better). Also her, tits out and pointing threateningly at her breast with a stern look on her face was pretty hot. Also I like that yuki, when in the front door, goes away now when you bring up the camera.
My problems with the yuki changes are partly that I'm not sure if I fully understand her mechanics. From what I can gather after a good bit of testing: it seems like there's a hidden rage gauge her mom has that goes up when you look at yuki, and seemingly goes up more the longer you stare at her. After you've looked at her through the cameras enough she will appear by the front door, but will go away when you look away. Staring at her here seems to fill the rage gauge as well. Once she's disappeared from the front her mom will show up in the front, but seemingly only if you turn to look at other doors then turn back. Her mom has 3 states while in this area, glaring from the corridor, angrier glaring from closer, and tits out ready to eat. Before her mom shows up like this yuki would generally disappear from a room after you saw her in that room, swapped off it, then looked back, but once mom is around she generally seems to stick around even after being seen. Also once mom shows up so much as catching a glimpse of yuki, even if you immediately switch off, seems to move her into the next state (might be difficulty based, but tried it at a quarter difficulty and still seemed like even short glances at yuki would rapidly anger her). Once u hit tits out state any more glances mean game over. However (and this is where I start to have issues with the new mechanics) this rage gauge doesn't seem to decrease. Mom will disappear from the front after a while, but it doesn't seem to affect her mood in the slightest; I even tried waiting a few in game hours after mom disappeared before looking around and a couple glimpses of yuki still got me an instant game over. This, as is, heavily punishes using the camera, especially seeing as yuki can show up in mizu's pool and sylph's room, two of the most important places to look at (small mercy is that she doesn't show up in petra's room or the game room, or as far as I can tell the basement looking place where the witch has her cauldron animation), and punishing camera use seems a bit odd, as the optimal way to play the game as is is to minimize camera use. In that sense, yuki overlaps pretty heavily with petra to disincentivize frequent camera use, even though their triggers are complete opposites. (Please correct me if I made any mistakes here, this is just based off my observations).
For suggestions, I think having mom's rage gauge go down would go a long way. It seems like she already shows up once it hits a certain point, why not just have it decrease slowly while she's in the room with you, then much more quickly after she disappears, but the increased speed goes away if you look at yuki again. To maybe go more in depth, there could also be separate gauges for yuki and mom, with mom's gauge only starting to go up once yuki shows up in the room, or when looking at yuki in person, or some combination of these. This would also open up the possibility for giving yuki her own game over trigger and animation, which admittedly would take more work but is something I would love to see.

To wrap up, I do want to say great job on making the house's layout easier to read, it helps a lot. Overall I liked a lot of the changes here, though I can't comment on the lowered difficulty since I haven't played through the normal nights again. I'm considering deleting my save data to do so so I can experience the changes, but I'm understandably quite hesitant to do so. In that regard, a way to replay completed nights would be appreciated, though I'd still have to clear my data to check if the gallery unlocks were improved. Still, even outside of testing changes, it would be nice just to be able to go back and replay previous nights.
May be wishful thinking, but I'm hoping Mizu will have some sort of interaction where she's just done with your shit. I kind of expected her to attack if she came to deliver a battery while you already had one or something like that, or her have a silent rage meter that built up as you annoyed her.
I actually thought she would do that when I first started this game, however descriptions of the actual mizu vore scenes can be found on the trello, and unfortunately that's not one of them. It would be pretty fun though, and would fit in pretty well with the forest of desire mizu's game over.
WhatTheNani
Somewhat familiar

Postby Coolguywithhat » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:41 pm

can someone please tell me how to deal with yuki. i cant get past night one cause im looking at her too much. i try to look away and suddenly her mom freezes me and i lose. there is no indication how much looking is too much and i feel like i look at her for a second and im fine, next run i open the screen with her on it once and i get frozen by her mom. she just teleports around and i dont know where she'll end up next, and sometimes she just enters my room and her mom gets to the room quicker then i can look away. there was at one run where i did see her mom in my room and she got closer to me as i looked at her, then just disappeared only for yuki getting in my room and her mom freezing me again.
Coolguywithhat
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game