Discovered my fetish from Choose Your Own Adventure books

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Discovered my fetish from Choose Your Own Adventure books

Postby knt27 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:35 pm

I first discovered my vore fetish from reading interactive books. There were a ton of different brands of interactive books: Choose Your Own Adventure, Which-Way, Give Yourself Goosebumps, etc. A number of them had "bad" endings in which the reader/protagonist is eaten, and I always found myself strangely excited and aroused by these endings. Of course, I was a little confused by my fascination with being eaten, but it didn't take long before I started bookmarking all of the endings in which the reader gets gobbled up for later use :wink: . Something about the finality of the bold "the end" was so hot to me. And a lot of the books had illustrations. I remember one book called Ten Ton Monster had an illustration of a bulging boa constrictor that had eaten the reader, and a number of the other chapters ended with getting gobbled up by the titular ten ton blob monster. In one of these endings, a tribe of miniature people tie you up and serve you as dinner to the blob monster. They all start ringing bells and calling out in sing-songy voices, "Dinner's ready! Come and get it!" And right as the monster gobbles you up, the last thing you hear is a booming "YUUUMMMMY!" I first read that story when I was a kid and I still think it's sexy!

Anyone else have any memorable interactive books you read back in the day? Any chapters in particular that you still think about?

P.S.-- Shameless self-promotion: I have an illustrated interactive here on Eka's. I try to bring some Choose Your Own Adventure energy to the story: https://aryion.com/iss/page.php?story=498&page=1
knt27
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Discovered my fetish from Choose Your Own Adventure book

Postby AlphaSaban » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:59 pm

Yeah! I loved these!

There was one (I think the museum one?) where a girl/boy was eaten by a tuba, and I thought it was awesome.

I've thought tubas were underrated preds ever since XD
AlphaSaban
Somewhat familiar

Postby knt27 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:25 pm

I've thought tubas were underrated preds ever since

Never read that one but it sounds interesting!

Isn't it amazing how formative these early encounters with vore stories can be?! I credit these kinds of books with sparking my interest in fatal scenarios. A lot of the books would straight up say "you're dead" at the very end.
knt27
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Mouthful » Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:50 pm

I remember one of the books had an illustration of the main character's legs dangling out of the Loch Ness Monster's mouth as he was being swallowed up. My copy of that book would probably fall open to that page if you dropped it.
Mouthful
New to the forum

Postby knt27 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:59 pm

My copy of that book would probably fall open to that page if you dropped it.

My parents decided to throw out all of mine at one point, so I actually cut out and saved my favorite pages in a secret stash! :silly: Lol... I even wrote my own interactive vore story in like, 6th grade or something. It was in a composition notebook, and had lots of vore-ish illustrations.
knt27
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby PhantomWolf » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:00 pm

Hell yeah!! I loved those books! My favorite had to be "Night in Werewolf Woods" where it accurately describes you being swallowed whole by a lake monster. Damn I want to find a place to get that entire series on Paperback!
PhantomWolf
Somewhat familiar

Postby knt27 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:09 pm

My favorite had to be "Night in Werewolf Woods" where it accurately describes you being swallowed whole by a lake monster. 

Omg... I have 100% masturbated to that ending. :lol:

Depending on where you live, you might be able to use your public library's digital resources to read some of these online (larger library systems tend to have more e-books).
knt27
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby PhantomWolf » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:21 pm

knt27 wrote:
My favorite had to be "Night in Werewolf Woods" where it accurately describes you being swallowed whole by a lake monster. 

Omg... I have 100% masturbated to that ending. :lol:

Depending on where you live, you might be able to use your public library's digital resources to read some of these online (larger library systems tend to have more e-books).

:lol: :lol: :lol: The library in my town is restricted due to the coronavirus besides I'd prefer the paperbacks. Like the late great Stan Lee said "Good books are like boobs, fun to look at on a screen but I'd rather hold them in my hand" :D :D
PhantomWolf
Somewhat familiar

Postby knt27 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:21 pm

Also, I totally used that exact Goosebumps ending as inspiration for one of the endings in my interactive! https://aryion.com/iss/page.php?page=35&story=498

And the accompanying illustration is kind of Loch Ness Monster-ish.
knt27
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby knt27 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:24 pm

besides I'd prefer the paperbacks. 

Gah! You're so right! :( I love finding these books in used bookshops.
knt27
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby PhantomWolf » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:29 pm

There was another one... Oh yeah I remember "Under the Magicians Spell" there were two that stuck out. You're playing the "ball under the cup" game with the evil wizard and after you win he gets pissed off, transforms into a monster and eats all three of the main characters! The second one in that same book involved a worm lady swallowing you whole!
PhantomWolf
Somewhat familiar

Postby knt27 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:37 pm

Those sound so great! The fantasy ones always had great vore endings.

I remember "The Golden Sword of Dragonwalk" (also by R.L. Stine) had a number of good ones. In one ending, you and your sister are swalliowed whole by a magic lizard. Inside its stomach you complain, "This can't be how my adventure ends!" And the book mockingly says that it definitely is how your story ends. But you should take comfort in the fact that you gave the lizard a brief moment of indigestion. It also had a handful of chapters where a dragon eats you, and another where a hunter feeds you to his wolves.
knt27
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby AlphaSaban » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:00 pm

Found the Tuba one! Seeing the cover I'm pretty sure there's a scene where the T-Rex skeleton eats you (don't ask me how THAT works, lol) and I think also there's a scene where you're eaten by a swarm of nanomachines? Maybe other vore stuff? IDK, I just remember really really liking this book!
AlphaSaban
Somewhat familiar

Postby knt27 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:11 pm

:lol: R.L. Stine wrote so many vore-ish endings in books! I'm sure he thought most kids would be scared by the idea... little did he know how much these scenarios would turn some of us on. I also love how mocking and casual a lot of his writing is when he's describing bad endings. Like there's one where you get eaten by an alligator, and he says you've really helped the hungry gator out... and then he calls you "gator-aid." Gotta love the pun.
knt27
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Ignoreme79 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:31 pm

Duuuude! I remember the give yourself goosebumps books! I am convinced R.L. Stine had to at least have some interest in this sort of stuff. I remember one of the normal goosebumps books had some kind of enormous cat almost swallow the main character, right at the end of his throat before they were let go because the sun came up or something. I can't even remember the title now but the way he described that cat's rough tongue was just...ugh~ I blame him for some of my preferences in writing now xD

*Edit, I think I found it! Pretty sure it was "The Beast from the East" since the cover is sticking out in my mind.
Ignoreme79
Somewhat familiar

Postby knt27 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:41 pm

I am convinced R.L. Stine had to at least have some interest in this sort of stuff.

I think it's probably that fear and arousal are kind of related feelings (maybe? For some people?) What scares one person will probably be someone else's kink.
knt27
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Xenophage17 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:33 pm

I defintly had the same kind of experiences with those books and am lucky enough to still have a few. In addition I also had an 'extra' appreciation for the end result and bodily functions in general. Because of that I think one of the endings a recall the most involved a giant worm.

"normal worms eat dirt and spit it out their other end, it seems this giant one east people and spits them out the other End"

With end bolded of course.
Xenophage17
Somewhat familiar

Postby knt27 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:00 pm

It took a long time before disposal became a part of my kink. I'm willing to bet I would have started fantasizing about it a lot sooner had I read that ending when I was a kid!
knt27
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ReptileKing23 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:01 pm

Pretty sure the bloke secretly has a vore fetish 8) :?: :?: :?:
ReptileKing23
Somewhat familiar

Postby Xenophage17 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:08 pm

I should look through what I have again for nostalgia. I vaguely member some implied stuff about being tasty or "sinking" along with a few burps to reinforce a bodily function fascination.
Xenophage17
Somewhat familiar

Next

Return to General Vore Discussion