Keeping motivated when writing

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Keeping motivated when writing

Postby MaverickAventura » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:56 am

One of the issues I've been experiencing the most over the past...okay, for the past several years is motivation with writing, especially when it involves vore. I dunno why but everytime I try and write a vore story (specifically based off one of my previous commissions like this one ) I always end up shuddering to myself, feeling embarrassed and closing my word document before sodding off to play TF2 to just get it out of my head, only for the process to repeat itself a few more times over. It's not that my writing/grammar is poor, at least I don't think it is, I just...well, I don't know honestly.

This has also indirectly affected RPs I've done in the past, which I want to humbly apologise for that.

But yeah, I wanted to ask around for methods and suggestion on how to keep yourself motivated when writing vore stuff. Not so much ideas for the actual stories (just PM me if you do) but ways to keep me from strangling my monitor in a feeble attempt to write.

Thanks in advance :)
I love Vacuum vore! You can join my friend's Vacuum Vore Discord here: https://discord.gg/AxF9MWvbTr

One man's Lidl is another man's Waitrose.
MaverickAventura
Somewhat familiar

Re: Keeping motivated when writing

Postby VoidInVoid » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:11 am

Write every day. It doesn't matter if you're writing an entire story or just a clause. As long as you're putting something down, you're making progress. About the embarrassment, I doubt there is a single person contributing to this site who has never acknowledged the absurdity or taboo of this umbrella fetish that links us. Shame, if you have it, should be fleeting. Your enjoyment and desire to create can be more powerful than any suppressive emotion, and know that whatever you create, someone else will be there with you to celebrate it.
VoidInVoid
Been posting for a bit

Postby thefattestL » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:00 am

Write every day. It doesn't matter if you're writing an entire story or just a clause.

that is how humans learn and make progress. a little every day and before you know it, writing becomes a habit instead of a chore. as for the embarrassment, maybe try waiting till your in a "mood" to try writing certain topics, if you know what I mean. it'll help cloud your judgement a little lol
thefattestL
Been posting for a bit

Postby Scratch » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:49 am

Writing is always hard. You have to just keep chipping away basically until something clicks. You're probably giving up because your brain isn't happy with the outcome and needs to think it over; keep doing so until you figure out an outcome that you are happy/unembarassed about, and once you have that as a goal (like knowing how the story is going to end) it'll write itself.
Scratch
Somewhat familiar

Postby PhantomWolf » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:53 pm

Here are my tips to keep motivation: sometimes it helps to take a break and go clear your head watch some TV, go for a walk, read a book, or take a nap (personally I do push-ups and shadowbox) but anything that gives your brain a rest for a moment. Writing takes a lot of mental and creative energy so believe me when I say that I perfectly understand the lack of motivation. Hells I LOVE writing but even I have some days where I just don't want to do it and that's ok. Afterall God rested on the seventh, didn't He?

It also helps to focus on what you're thinking about. Writing can be challenging but don't make it harder by forcing yourself to focus on one thing just to get it done. And you don't have to force yourself to write 10,000 words a day if you aren't feeling up to it. It's ok to pace yourself, slow progress is still progress!
PhantomWolf
Somewhat familiar

Postby MaverickAventura » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:53 am

VoidInVoid wrote:Your enjoyment and desire to create can be more powerful than any suppressive emotion, and know that whatever you create, someone else will be there with you to celebrate it.

That's something I've always been trying to get myself to fully accept, even though I see it first hand on multiple occasions.

Want to thank all else who've replied here. I've been reading the replies but haven't had the chance to directly respond!
I love Vacuum vore! You can join my friend's Vacuum Vore Discord here: https://discord.gg/AxF9MWvbTr

MaverickAventura
Somewhat familiar

Postby MaverickAventura » Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:50 am

Okay, after reading through the advice, I'm going to attempt to just write something and go with it tomorrow, after I've had some rest. Fingers crossed! :-D

MaverickAventura
Somewhat familiar

Postby jaggedjagd » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:39 am

Last edited by jaggedjagd on Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
jaggedjagd
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby MaverickAventura » Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:15 am

I just want to say thank you for your suggestions since I can confirm that I finally managed to write something to post here later! As Jaggedjagd said, I had to force my inspiration to come to me and over a period of 2-3 days, I managed to write something without punching my monitor out of embarrassment! Thank you once again for your comments and suggestions, it definitely had paid off.

Yay.

MaverickAventura
Somewhat familiar

Return to General Vore Discussion