Your minimum vore requirement in a story?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Your minimum vore requirement in a story?

Postby GastricAztec » Wed May 20, 2020 7:14 pm

How often should someone get swallowed in a macro/micro giantess non-fatal vore story? I’m working on a novel and I’ve finished the first 14 chapters, and so far, someone has gotten swallowed 4 times. Here is a list of the vore and non-vore chapters. “Yes” indicates that a shrunken character got swallowed by a normal sized girl character. “Post-vore” means the shrunken swallowed character was extracted from the belly of the pred somehow.

Chapter 1 No
Chapter 2 No
Chapter 3 Yes
Chapter 4 Post vore
Chapter 5 No
Chapter 6 No
Chapter 7 No
Chapter 8 Yes
Chapter 9 Post vore
Chapter 10 No
Chapter 11 Yes
Chapter 12 No
Chapter 13 Yes
Chapter 14 Post vore

In your opinion, what is the minimum amount of vore that you would want or need in a novel? The story I’m writing isn’t centered on vore, but has it in a peripheral way here and there throughout the story.
Everyone has a plan until they end up in someone’s belly!
GastricAztec
Advanced Vorarephile

Location: In the belly of a colossal cannibalistic co-ed collegian!

Re: Your minimum vore requirement in a story?

Postby xXxBadxApplexXx » Wed May 20, 2020 9:42 pm

I would tend to think of it like an erotic novel, but with vore instead of sex scenes. I don’t know much about erotic novels tho, so I can’t tell you how much that... actually is.
xXxBadxApplexXx
Been posting for a bit

Postby Miridium » Wed May 20, 2020 9:47 pm

I agree with the comment above me. As much as there are sex scenes in erotica.
Miridium
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Randomdude5 » Wed May 20, 2020 10:49 pm

If the writing is good; I dont care if there isnt much vore in it or if i have to wait awhile for a good vore scene.
Whatever it is, I didn't do it.
Randomdude5
Participator

Postby ShamelessWriter » Thu May 21, 2020 12:59 am

I can enjoy some build-up to the Vore scenes, and just a story in general if the writing is good. Generally anything that adds more substance to the story and helps it along isn't going to go unappreciated.

Vore is a fetish after all, so having Vore scenes akin to a kinky romance novel if it's a long-runner is welcomed. I agree with viewing Vore stories as erotica ones, with there being a matching frequency of Vore scenes as there would be sex scenes.
ShamelessWriter
Been posting for a bit

Postby Base54 » Thu May 21, 2020 8:03 am

For me, if I were to release a vore novel, than it would have enough vore in it to make it known that this'll be a recurring theme rather than just one time thing. Like battles in Battle Shonen anime, it happens frequently but not every other episode all the time to keep the viewer wanting more and more each time, so I think what you have is a reasonable outline of when vore should and shouldn't happen. Of course, I can't say definitively because I have yet to read the chapters, barring that you've released them and I haven't read them yet, so how these vore scenes are woven into the narrative and how they play out also makes how many vore scenes and how prevalent they are important. All in all, I see no problem with this line up.
Base54
Been posting for a bit

Postby fixated1 » Thu May 21, 2020 8:44 am

That's a tough question. I mean I don't need any vore in books, shows, or movies that I watch regularly.

But if I'm reading a piece of erotica that's vore themed I want almost every scene ending in it because I'm a nasty little pervert. Like every 5 or so pages on a word document with standard format, font, size.

But in the end I'd say do what your instincts tell you is good writing.
fixated1
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby TheDragonBoy » Thu May 21, 2020 12:30 pm

Depending on how long your chapters are, I’d say that looks like a good balance, especially since the story isn’t meant to be “centered in vore”.
TheDragonBoy
Somewhat familiar

Postby GastricAztec » Thu May 21, 2020 4:03 pm

Thanks everyone who responded to this question, I really appreciate your help.
GastricAztec
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Scrumptious » Fri May 22, 2020 5:25 am

I'm probably not going to bother reading a non-fatal vore story, so that probably renders any answer of mine moot for your purposes.

Perhaps the way out is that I could get into a story where the prey-protagonist survives (which I presume is the thrust of your story) is if the protagonist is not the only one being swallowed up - but that the others definitely do meet their end in the pred's stomach.

For vore to be vore to me, my life (ie. a character with whom I can identify) needs to have it all on the line, and the predator has to satisfy herself at the total expense of that character.
Scrumptious
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Miridium » Fri May 22, 2020 9:01 am

Oh also the scenes themselves ought to have the same level of detail that sex scenes in erotica have.
Miridium
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby fixated1 » Fri May 22, 2020 4:37 pm

Miridium wrote:Oh also the scenes themselves ought to have the same level of detail that sex scenes in erotica have.

For sure. Nothing's more infuriating of chapters upon chapters of build up only for it to end with "chomp. Gulp. The end." *author hits eject button while flipping off the reader*
fixated1
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby ObsidianSnake » Sat May 23, 2020 1:41 pm

fixated1 wrote:
Miridium wrote:Oh also the scenes themselves ought to have the same level of detail that sex scenes in erotica have.

For sure. Nothing's more infuriating of chapters upon chapters of build up only for it to end with "chomp. Gulp. The end." *author hits eject button while flipping off the reader*

There's an assumption here I want to challenge, because I write long-form stuff where the consumption scenes are tersely written, and aren't usually the point of the story. The Chomp, as it were, is everywhere, informing the basic interactions between the characters and the details of the setting. There's a ton of short works out there that are refined to basic set-up and immediate pay-off, and longer works usually aren't failed, too-verbose versions of those. Some people are inspired by things that are closer to literature: stories that have vore in them, rather than vore-stories. It's absolutely fine that it isn't what some people are looking for, but please understand that the writer's intentions aren't usually to infuriate or defy the reader.

Now, time to be helpful. I want to present an alternative approach to your problem, SamuelOrona. Rather than yes/no, consider levels. To illustrate:
Vore Level 0 = The thought of people getting eaten isn't even remotely present. Scenic hills of waving wildflowers. Children laughing.
Vore Level 1 = Atmospheric threat, small reminders that people can and do get eaten in these parts. The wolf crests one of the hills, notes the presence of the children, and slinks away.
Vore Level 2 = Clear and present threat, either implicit or explicit. Two wolves discuss their favorite types of children to eat; the oldest of the children is scanning the hills for wolves -- he doesn't want to lose another one, not again.
Vore Level 3 = We all know what happens here. Chances are high that somebody is getting eaten here. If not, lots of intensity in near-misses.

In shorter works, it rises with the action, but in larger works you're free to go up and down as the plot goes. In the chapters without VL-3 content, try going high in VL-2 for sections. If you give enough unique content at that level, it'll give the reader things to ponder. Bear in mind that different content hits people in different ways. For some, your post-vore elements may be VL-2, but for others it's VL-3. This isn't a science so much as it is a tool, a heuristic with which to manage and refine the content.

Another bit of advice I have is to make each and every 'vore' scene unique. Try not to repeat or palette-swap within the same story, or ever if it can be managed.
If you have some time to burn, check out my gallery for some stories!
ObsidianSnake
Somewhat familiar

Postby sevensix » Sat May 23, 2020 5:13 pm

fixated1 wrote:For sure. Nothing's more infuriating of chapters upon chapters of build up only for it to end with "chomp. Gulp. The end." *author hits eject button while flipping off the reader*

I don't know. It's pretty annoying when all the interesting stuff has happened and you still have to read page after page of the same mechanical details you've read countless times before.
sevensix
Somewhat familiar

Postby GastricAztec » Sat May 23, 2020 8:55 pm

For those interested in checking out the story, it’s called “Micromage and Vector Girl Return!” And it’s posted in my thread: “Macro/Micro GTS Vore Stories by Samuel Orona.”

It’s a sequel to the first Micromage story.
GastricAztec
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby GastricAztec » Sat May 23, 2020 10:55 pm

In my opinion, chapter 16 is the best vore scene I've ever written.
GastricAztec
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Miridium » Mon May 25, 2020 4:12 am

SamuelOrona wrote:In my opinion, chapter 16 is the best vore scene I've ever written.

Really? It seemed rather...lackluster to me. Basically it was just nom, gulp, splash, hahaha, upchuck. That's it. Dime a dozen scene to be honest. But thats my opinion only.
Last edited by Miridium on Mon May 25, 2020 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Miridium
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Miridium » Mon May 25, 2020 4:20 am

sevensix wrote:
fixated1 wrote:For sure. Nothing's more infuriating of chapters upon chapters of build up only for it to end with "chomp. Gulp. The end." *author hits eject button while flipping off the reader*

I don't know. It's pretty annoying when all the interesting stuff has happened and you still have to read page after page of the same mechanical details you've read countless times before.

That's part of what I've come to know as a mechanical fish narrative. One which is very by the numbers, formulaic, and, as you said, mechanical. A good writer will make it seem very natural and organic.
Miridium
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby GastricAztec » Mon May 25, 2020 4:02 pm

Miridium wrote:
SamuelOrona wrote:In my opinion, chapter 16 is the best vore scene I've ever written.

Really? It seemed rather...lackluster to me. Basically it was just nom, gulp, splash, hahaha, upchuck. That's it. Dime a dozen scene to be honest. But thats my opinion only.

Can you offer some tips for improvement?
GastricAztec
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Miridium » Mon May 25, 2020 4:15 pm

SamuelOrona wrote:
Miridium wrote:

Can you offer some tips for improvement?

Well what's going through the character's head when they're being swallowed and are in the pred's stomach? What about the pred? What's it like being in the pred's stomach? How does the pred feel about having an actual human being inside of them? These details will help the reader get to know the characters and make for a more human story.

I've noticed that you use "vomit up" as the means for the pred releasing their prey. What's it like for both pred and prey? Vomiting is quite unpleasant after all.

Check out the works of French_Snack for examples on vorish details. They really inspire me.

In general, since your works are built upon vore as their primary draw and payoff for the reader, look to erotica for how to handle said payoff. After all many people read erotica solely for the sex scenes. Not every scene needs to be drawn out of course, otherwise it gets tiresome as the work progresses. How big of a deal that particular scene is to the plot and characters ought to determine detail. The more important, the more should be written on the characters' experience.
Miridium
Advanced Vorarephile

Next

Return to General Vore Discussion