Voragochi Demo | Version 0.1b | Patreon 0.2

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

How should I handle income?

Have minigames in the town to increase fame, after reaching enough fame, your income increases
65%
Have minigames that directly give you money when you win
35%

Total votes : 225

Voragochi Demo | Version 0.1b | Patreon 0.2

Postby J3DGTS » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:56 pm

Voragochi is a game that I've been working on for a while now. It's heavily based off of another vore-based tamagachi that I played a long time ago (https://voredev.tumblr.com/post/1769117 ... hi-release)

Personally I wish it had more content so I made my own version with the help of another user (http://aryion.com/g4/user/Progressive) who made the sprites.

Currently, the game is very basic with very little content, though in the future I do plan to continue development on this game and add a lot more content. Also keep in mind that none of the buttons on the bottom work except for the shop button.

Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/Voragochi

Need help:
Having some struggles coming up with things to add. For example, what kind of features would you guys like to see in the town? What kind of things should happen if you make the neko happy/sad? If you guys could leave some ideas when you reply, that would be great.

Artist Needed:
I'm also currently looking for someone who could make some cover art, logo, or game icon

Note:
The game is currently WIP, which means there could be many bugs that I simply don't know about, if you find one, please let me know. Also, the game is not balanced at all, expect balance patches in the future.

Things I plan to include:
- Story
- Different tamagachi options
- Battle system
- etc...

Download link:https://www.mediafire.com/file/hr0rhq7zgvafpb8/voragochi.rar/file

Update log
Spoiler: show

Version 0.2:
- Sprites added for most objects in food

- Bug fixes

- Added town

- Currently only "Bank" works

- Added more dialogue options when feeding

Version 0.1b:
- Greatly increased income, and added an income upgrade button

Version 0.1a:
- crash bug fixed

Version 0.1:
- release

Please read:
Due to the very labour intensive work that is required to make sprites, updates will be very slow unless it is monetized, so for now, you get the full version free of charge, however in the future, we'll either be setting up a Patreon and giving patreons early access, or access to the full game, or we will be running completely on donations and updates will be dependant on funds received.

Screenshot:
Spoiler: show
Last edited by J3DGTS on Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:06 pm, edited 15 times in total.
J3DGTS
Somewhat familiar

Re: Voragochi Demo

Postby LuxHalcyonAtro » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:31 pm

While I adore this game already, as I also played the original Tumagachi an wish it had more to it, there's a small problem with this game: For some reason,the audiofiles that play make the game crash. I hope you can get this fixed and make the game as enjoyable as you planned it to be. ^^
LuxHalcyonAtro
New to the forum

Postby MillyObouldra » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:56 pm

Alright, originally i wouldn't have considered donating... But you have my interest. With more traction and followers, this could get pretty damn good, so i might donate after all, assuming development continues. For now though, i will simply compliment your work and wish you the best of luck in gaining a decent following... With more content, i get the feeling you'll attract quite the crowd. <3
MillyObouldra
New to the forum

Postby J3DGTS » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:29 pm

MillyObouldra wrote:Alright, originally i wouldn't have considered donating... But you have my interest. With more traction and followers, this could get pretty damn good, so i might donate after all, assuming development continues. For now though, i will simply compliment your work and wish you the best of luck in gaining a decent following... With more content, i get the feeling you'll attract quite the crowd. <3

Thanks! That's my goal. I've noticed a huge oversaturation in this forum of RPG maker games, so I wanted to make something different. I do plan to continue development, it's just gonna take some time.
J3DGTS
Somewhat familiar

Postby Turbotowns » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:44 pm

NOICE!
Turbotowns
???

Postby DollyFailFail » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:02 pm

The game seems to just crash automatically after playing for a while. I don't know particularly what triggers it because it seemed to be triggered a different way both times. The only connecting factors I can see are that she had a high stomach capacity both times, and it was nearly full both times.
Heyyyy! I don't think we've met before. I'm just your average Punk Girl ehehehe!!
DollyFailFail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby J3DGTS » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:02 pm

LuxHalcyonAtro wrote:While I adore this game already, as I also played the original Tumagachi an wish it had more to it, there's a small problem with this game: For some reason,the audiofiles that play make the game crash. I hope you can get this fixed and make the game as enjoyable as you planned it to be. ^^

Hmm... Is there an error message? And when does it happen? Every time? Or seemingly random

DollyFailFail wrote:The game seems to just crash automatically after playing for a while. I don't know particularly what triggers it because it seemed to be triggered a different way both times. The only connecting factors I can see are that she had a high stomach capacity both times, and it was nearly full both times.

Will look into it, thanks.
J3DGTS
Somewhat familiar

Re: Voragochi Demo | Version 0.1a

Postby ninjajoeman » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:29 pm

Few issues, noticed the sound overlaps and get louder.
Also noticed that you can't feed her if she didn't finish the animation (She will say her stomach is full but its not).
Also notice that the money gained doesn't seem relative to digestion, so you'll be out of money pretty quickly and the game doesn't scale well with high digestion speed.
ninjajoeman
Somewhat familiar

Postby J3DGTS » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:53 pm

ninjajoeman wrote:Few issues, noticed the sound overlaps and get louder.
Also noticed that you can't feed her if she didn't finish the animation (She will say her stomach is full but its not).
Also notice that the money gained doesn't seem relative to digestion, so you'll be out of money pretty quickly and the game doesn't scale well with high digestion speed.

Sound thing isn't an issue, I'll just increase the time between sound effects. As for the animation thing, that's by design. Her digestion also gets paused during the animation, so you're not losing anything. As for the money, it was never my intention to make it scale with digestion. instead, I'll be adding an upgrade screen where you can do that.
J3DGTS
Somewhat familiar

Postby VLover552 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:17 pm

This looks really interesting I'll deff have to keep my eye on this! I have to ask though will there be different types of characters to choose from/maybe a create your own or something along those lines? Personally I'd like a human as an option for a voragochi thinggy but this is a game that absolutely screams potential and loads of different things that can be done so take your time with it and this could be the beginnings of something amazing!
VLover552
Participator

Postby J3DGTS » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:00 pm

VLover552 wrote:This looks really interesting I'll deff have to keep my eye on this! I have to ask though will there be different types of characters to choose from/maybe a create your own or something along those lines? Personally I'd like a human as an option for a voragochi thinggy but this is a game that absolutely screams potential and loads of different things that can be done so take your time with it and this could be the beginnings of something amazing!

Customization likely won't ever happen due to the way I implemented the animations, it would be too complex to add them. As for humans, that's completely possible.
J3DGTS
Somewhat familiar

Postby ninjajoeman » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:50 pm

ImaDeleteThisAcc wrote:
Sound thing isn't an issue, I'll just increase the time between sound effects. As for the animation thing, that's by design. Her digestion also gets paused during the animation, so you're not losing anything. As for the money, it was never my intention to make it scale with digestion. instead, I'll be adding an upgrade screen where you can do that.

"Sound thing isn't an issue, I'll just increase the time between sound effects"
I'd say just have stop run before play so you don't need to increase time between them it just cancels the audio.

"that's by design. Her digestion also gets paused during the animation, so you're not losing anything"
And Its mostly because its kind of slow watching the animation play out before you're able to feed her again. Maybe have some upgrade let you que up a ton of food to eat, who knows.

"it was never my intention to make it scale with digestion."
seems like progression would get locked pretty quickly then.
ninjajoeman
Somewhat familiar

Postby J3DGTS » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:52 am

ninjajoeman wrote:
ImaDeleteThisAcc wrote:

"Sound thing isn't an issue, I'll just increase the time between sound effects"
I'd say just have stop run before play so you don't need to increase time between them it just cancels the audio.

"that's by design. Her digestion also gets paused during the animation, so you're not losing anything"
And Its mostly because its kind of slow watching the animation play out before you're able to feed her again. Maybe have some upgrade let you que up a ton of food to eat, who knows.

"it was never my intention to make it scale with digestion."
seems like progression would get locked pretty quickly then.

For the money thing, I did also mention that I have a solution for that, I just haven't added it in the current version.
J3DGTS
Somewhat familiar

Postby Chugly » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:31 pm

Looking forward to seeing how this pans out, it has a lot of potential.

I'm assuming there are plans to add larger prey?
Chugly
New to the forum

Postby Okzero » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:55 pm

Just a recommendation from me but I think it would be better if you scaled the money gather rate either through the digestion timer or through its own level up considering how I think of it as too slow
Okzero
Been posting for a bit

Postby Ediblestranger » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:04 pm

Just my two cents;
As others have said, cash inflow is a huge issue. It's way too slow to do anything meaningful and really needs to scale significantly better with level. Especially if you have a slightly high digestion speed or a very large stomach capacity it's hard to even attempt to fill her up without waiting for quite some time for cash to replenish. Most people, unfortunately, aren't going to want this thing open and running for hours at a time just to do anything meaningful.

I assume you'll be adding larger/more varied prey and you've already stated a battle system and other tamagachi so that's a plus. I'm interested that you're planning on adding a story as well, that'd be nice if this gets off the ground given most games like this tend to be extremely light on story.

I know this is extremely early, alpha? or some such, but it's got a whole lot of potential! I feel with some tweaks this would already be something worth hanging onto already.

Edit: Making an edit, I did indeed let it run for a few hours and I must say... with a sufficient amount of money it's very enjoyable. The sprite work is wonderful and the animations when you feed her after she reaches certain belly sizes are very well done. It's a shame it took literally hours to obtain the requisite currency to see and experience these. But even with the hours of waiting, letting the game gather over $6,000... feeding her to capacity continuously is still a significant drain, in under 15 minutes the 6k I had acquired had dwindled to below 2.5k. Upon giving this game a shot I realize the "upgrades" section may remedy this issue a bit with a cash-flow option or some such. But in its current state this game is unfortunately just not enjoyable without an absurd amount of waiting. Again, I know this is very early development, so I know many of the issues will be remedied.
Last edited by Ediblestranger on Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
-EdibleStranger
Ediblestranger
Been posting for a bit

Postby Turbotowns » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:21 am

I'm getting excited!
Turbotowns
???

Postby Norio » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:59 am

If weight gain is going to be a feature I'm going to donate 100% =w=
Norio
New to the forum

Postby J3DGTS » Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:12 am

Chugly wrote:Looking forward to seeing how this pans out, it has a lot of potential.

I'm assuming there are plans to add larger prey?

Yes ofc, I just don't have any sprites yet so I haven't bothered adding any yet.

Okzero wrote:Just a recommendation from me but I think it would be better if you scaled the money gather rate either through the digestion timer or through its own level up considering how I think of it as too slow

I just added an option to increase income, as well as increasing base income.

Norio wrote:If weight gain is going to be a feature I'm going to donate 100% =w=

Considering it, not sure yet.
J3DGTS
Somewhat familiar

Re: Voragochi Demo | Version 0.1b (new poll)

Postby Ayra42 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:41 am

This game really is good right I like where this is going, especially as someone who was a bit disappointed when they learn the original game wouldn’t get any updates. I’m even more interested by the possibility of having a human pred. In any case this little game is really good so far
Ayra42
Somewhat familiar

Next

Return to Vore game