Keep Getting Logged Out

News for this website will be posted here. Mostly Technical.
Forum rules
This forum is for technical discussion regarding the portal and vore itself.

Generally speaking, if you have something that needs moderator attention, you should simply Private message Eka. That includes any bug report, error report, violation report, outage report, suggestion, feature request. Etc.

Most topics will be locked as soon as they are acknowledged. Due to the nature that not many people can do anything regarding a technical issue. In that case, if you need something unlocked for any reason. Feel free to message Eka directly.

Keep Getting Logged Out

Postby lutro » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:16 am

Seems that the web site keeps logging me out. Despite having "keep me logged in" checked, every week-ish I find myself logged out of the site again. Is it set to only remember for 7 days, or is there some other potential issue occurring?

- I do allow cookies/etc. to be set (it remembers me for a few days at least)
- I do run a VPN (which may be a cause BUT since it keeps me over a few days, which means IP changes most likely, I don't think it's tied to that)

EDIT: Based on responses --

- I always use the forum's login screen.
- I do not have any browser settings or routine virus scans running that delete cookies, etc.
- I also had to log in again just now, for some reason.

This is conjecture but I feel like the site used to keep me logged in longer than it has for the past couple months or so, where I have to log in again every week or so (on multiple machines too -- both login sessions appear to expire around the same time).
Last edited by lutro on Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lutro
Been posting for a bit

Re: Keep Getting Logged Out

Postby Nekiame » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:32 am

I mostly have this happen when I've run a virus-scan and Clean stuff up, as it seems to reset the cookies and such. It still remembers my login info, so re-logging goes Quick. Do you do any virus Scans, or is this just happening on it's own?
Nekiame
Participator

Postby tigercloud » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:47 am

Use the PHPBB Forums-Login-Form, then it usually not happens anymore, I had that problem as well... It usually occurs when you use the Login-Form on the front-page (also on the one which is below the Forums-List). (Maybe because it's custom and something isnt correctly set to PHPBB)

Else as my previous poster told, if you have some programs which deletes cookies (Some Avirus or CC-Cleaner etc) that can also be a cause to get logged out

The PHPBB-Login is found here: ucp.php?mode=login
Angel GTS Vore-Artist - My Gallery
---
Check out the Ekas Disinterest Filter
tigercloud
Participator

Postby Aickavon12 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:26 am

Probably something in your browser is deleted that effects the cookies, as previous people have mentioned, though it isn't impossible to consider that something occurs during the website once a week.

I myself also get logged out every now and then but it's such a not problem factor for me I've never bothered to consider the implications XD
This song is dedicated to Eka.

Never gonna give you up! Never Gonna let you down! Never gonna run around, desert you!
Aickavon12
???

Postby exiledtiger » Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:29 pm

How does one access this phpbb login form?

I have the same issues, every couple days it forcibly logs me out. Weird thing is, I can load the page, go see submissions and comments, but CERTAIN pages, like cliking to see PM's, then errors out because im suddenly "not logged in" after having already been browsing while logged in for a few minutes
exiledtiger
Somewhat familiar

Postby Hariken » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:19 pm

I have the same issues and I don't run any scans or anything that make me log out. This is the only site that does it, even when I'm checking PMs or other stuff on the site, just randomly sometimes.
Hariken
Somewhat familiar

Postby MaybellethePeckish » Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:49 pm

yeah this has been an issue for me since day one...
MaybellethePeckish
Been posting for a bit

Postby lutro » Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:53 pm

Some updates posted to my original post so it's all in one place, in response to questions asked.

- I always use the forum's login screen.
- I do not have any browser settings or routine virus scans running that delete cookies, etc.
- I also had to log in again just now, for some reason.
lutro
Been posting for a bit

Postby tigercloud » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:50 pm

Hm may some bug here in the Portal, but a crazy idea how to solve it (maybe).

It might be that you have an old session cookie inside your browser storage which conflicts with your current (and new) sessions? Try to clear all your browser cookies and look if that still happens. For me it was gone (or at least almost never happens anymore) at some point.

To find the issue, I always encountered that auto-logout when i browsed on the front page over the images via mouse-over. Usually when the image was restricted to "registered user" I was logged out (plus the image didn't load on mouse-over. I didn't browse often on the front page anymore.
What are your last actions before get logged out usually?
Angel GTS Vore-Artist - My Gallery
---
Check out the Ekas Disinterest Filter
tigercloud
Participator

Postby sweetladyamy » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:56 am

Yeah, it happens to me as well.

However, it'll just happen out of the blue, but usually, I'll not have the site open beforehand (i.e. I'll open the site in a new tab either from an email notification or from Speed Dial New Tab Page), and though I have my login information stored, it's still stupid when it happens because I tick the 'keep me logged in' box every. single. time.
Amyrakunejo, Heiress of Purity

Philosophical Pagan Anarchist Femme Fair Gamer Lesbian Metalhead Chick
sweetladyamy
---

Postby lutro » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:10 am

This seems to be getting worse. The logout period seems to be oscillating from a few days to a week. Doesn't seem to matter what browser or machine I'm on, as this behavior is consistent.
lutro
Been posting for a bit

Postby lutro » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:09 am

Another update (because it just happened again): Sometimes, I'm getting logged out in the middle of doing stuff on a page! I'm going to mark notifications as read. The first one goes through. The second pops up with a login box, because apparently at some point I got logged out!

This is getting a bit slly!
lutro
Been posting for a bit

Postby GentlemanlyShadow » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:47 pm

I've had all the same problems you do, Lutro, and I've mostly just kind of accepted it when I use Eka's. I've had other websites log me out after a long time of having me in, but Eka's is the only one that does it on such a consistent period, generally being at least once every seven days, I haven't seen it getting worse, but it is fairly random. I don't really see anything that would proc it. The only thing I can think of is a validation failure of being logged in while navigating the site, which causes a default logout.

It's a minor annoyance, but nothing that stops me from actively using this site. I don't really have any advice to give on this issue, as nothing I've found really helps. Sorry, Lutro.
GentlemanlyShadow
New to the forum

Postby lutro » Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:06 am

It's definitely something, GentlemanlyShadow, but don't worry! All input is appreciated, so no need to apologize.

Think I'm going to PM the site admins for this one. I'd like to draw their attention to this thread. I've had to re-login twice in the past 24 hours despite "Remember Me" being checked.
lutro
Been posting for a bit

Postby GentlemanlyShadow » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:09 pm

If what Tigercloud suggested didn't help at all, then I'm not sure on what else to do... I use chrome, have enabled cookies, and login from the front screen and being logged out lately, for me at least, has been more rare. But from my experience it's basically the lottery, it's totally random. But it also seems like most, if not all, users have encountered this to some extent, so it's probably a site thing. If it's happening more often for you lately, then it may just be unlucky or it might be something you've changed recently? In my mind, it's most likely the former though.

Getting the site admins are a good idea, Lutro, let us know what they say if they don't post it to the thread or make their own.
GentlemanlyShadow
New to the forum

Postby HeroSoulSword » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:28 pm

Yeah, I've been having the same problem lately. In fact, I had to login twice within the past 5 minutes. And since I don't use anything that would delete cookies and such makes this a very odd. I hope it's a problem that can be fixed quickly, as it tends to happen almost at random, even when browsing my messages, PMs and such.
I apply Felix's law: "Smile, tomorrow could be worse."
HeroSoulSword
I can think of something else

Location: Doing something heroic... if I can find anything needing it

Return to Technical stuff