Dark Woods

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Dark Woods

Postby VoidDirector » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:05 pm

After death, your soul has found its way into the Dark Woods a realm between worlds where predator and prey fight for survival. Avoid larger morphs while hunting smaller ones.

Download and full description at https://void-director.itch.io/dark-woods.

The game was built over the course of five days during the https://itch.io/jam/furry-game-jam-2019/rate/479686 and can be downloaded on Windows, Mac, and OSX.
VoidDirector
New to the forum

Re: Dark Woods

Postby MrXenomorph » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:51 pm

For some odd reason it doesnt work.
Closes after a few seconds of loading (also the tree have a red ! on it after i try to launch again)
MrXenomorph
Been posting for a bit

Postby Aurilika » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:00 pm

Ah, I meant to comment on this before. It's a fun little game. Pretty short but that's to be expected from a jam game. Don't mind me, I'm just a dragon flying around with a few lions inside of me.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:13 am

Cute game!
Turbotowns
???

Postby VoidDirector » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:06 pm

MrXenomorph wrote:For some odd reason it doesnt work.
Closes after a few seconds of loading (also the tree have a red ! on it after i try to launch again)

I have been updating the game over the past few days and might have uploaded a broken build at some point. Otherwise, I don't know what would cause that. I don't suppose your running the Linux or Mac builds? I haven't actually tested those myself.

Turbotowns wrote:Cute game!

Thanks.

Aurilika wrote:Ah, I meant to comment on this before. It's a fun little game. Pretty short but that's to be expected from a jam game. Don't mind me, I'm just a dragon flying around with a few lions inside of me.

Gotta keep scope small to finish things in a jam. I am working on polishing it up a little bit and adding a win condition. Then I might add a hard mode, but it will probably always be fairly short.
VoidDirector
New to the forum

Postby VoidDirector » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:54 pm

There is a new update online at itch.io

The game now has an ending as well as a bunch of new visual effects.

In addition, you can play it in a browser without downloading it (via Unity's WebGL build option).
VoidDirector
New to the forum

Postby Dragonvorelover135 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:57 am

I do think an option to toggle the music would be nice to see at some point if you plan on further expanding upon this game.
Dragonvorelover135
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby VoidDirector » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:48 pm

Dragonvorelover135 wrote:I do think an option to toggle the music would be nice to see at some point if you plan on further expanding upon this game.

That sounds reasonable.

I added it, and my other current plans, to an issue tracker at https://bitbucket.org/VoidDirector/dark-woods/issues?status=new&status=open.
VoidDirector
New to the forum

Postby Darian » Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:40 pm

Interesting little game. Enjoyed it, reminded me of Duamutef's old work.

Very minimalist, more about the horror of vore than a fetish... I kinda enjoy it, for some strange reason.

Ideas for sequel: You're a giant monster now, go terrorize a hapless city... or go the other route and protect a city from monsters?

And all essence skills don't have to be horrible... condemn a hapless human soul or body to squirm in your stomach forever rather than pure absorption, and you get bonuses for keeping large numbers of souls inside you. of course, there are penalties to this. You're very slow because of this, buuuut, well maybe the bonus's are a different playstyle?
Back! Sorry about the long absence!
Darian
???

Postby Hansony » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:41 am

Not really a fetish vore game more a classic "eat'n'grow" type combat game.
Would suggest a volume slider as the intro volume for me was ear shattering loud, and a loud screech isn't exactly my idea of a good time.
Hansony
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby VoidDirector » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:16 pm

Darian wrote:Very minimalist, more about the horror of vore than a fetish... I kinda enjoy it, for some strange reason.

Horror and fetish are not always completely distinct.

Darian wrote:Ideas for sequel: You're a giant monster now, go terrorize a hapless city... or go the other route and protect a city from monsters?

One game at a time for now. I will probably be working on this one for a while as I don't have a ton of spare time.

Hansony wrote:Not really a fetish vore game more a classic "eat'n'grow" type combat game.

Which can be a fetish game with the right context. It just requires additional imagination from the viewer. A more explicit game would require art assets I don't have.
VoidDirector
New to the forum

Postby VoidDirector » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:33 am

I added a volume menu where you can adjust/turn off sound effects or music. Unfortunately, it doesn't work on the WebGL version so if you want to adjust your volume output you will need to download one of the desktop versions.
VoidDirector
New to the forum

Postby Revx_Z » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:59 am

It is annoyingly hard to see where you can and cannot walk.

Attached image for example? Cannot walk left between the trees. It's blocked.
snakemorph.png
snakemorph.png (138.04 KiB) Viewed 6181 times

EDIT: OK, it's worse than that. As a snakemorph, I couldn't pursue ANOTHER SNAKEMORPH through a narrow gap where it had walked through. Please tweak the collision detection.

Minimap continues showing green space beyond edge of map.
Revx_Z
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby VoidDirector » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:11 pm

Revx_Z wrote:It is annoyingly hard to see where you can and cannot walk.

For some strange reason, the player had a slightly larger collider than the enemies.

I went through and manually adjusted the collision circle for each morph type. It should be a lot closer to the sprite now. The player's hitbox should now be identical to the enemies (as long as they are the same morph), so that won't be a problem anymore.
VoidDirector
New to the forum

Postby dddddd2 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:21 pm

Nice little game! But it seems like the game would be stuck when the player gets eaten in the newest version?
dddddd2
Been posting for a bit

Postby VoidDirector » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:43 pm

dddddd2 wrote:Nice little game! But it seems like the game would be stuck when the player gets eaten in the newest version?

Weird. That appears to be another bug that only shows up in the WebGL version. The desktop version works fine. I will see if I can fix it, but if the Web version keeps bugging out for unexplained reasons I might just disable it.

Edit: Ops never mind. It's in all the builds, it just doesn't show up when you test it from unity (because it's caused by scene transitions). I will fix it soon.

Edit: I fixed the bug, updated versions are being deployed now.
VoidDirector
New to the forum

Postby dddddd2 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:55 am

It works now, thank you!
dddddd2
Been posting for a bit

Postby VoidDirector » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:19 pm

dddddd2 wrote:It works now, thank you!

No problem. Thanks for reporting the bug.
VoidDirector
New to the forum

Postby VoidDirector » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:27 pm

I added a hard mode that is accessible after you beat the game (if you have already beaten the game, you will need to do it again as it wasn't recorded before).
In hard mode, enemies are smarter and know how to use abilities.
VoidDirector
New to the forum

Return to Vore game