The Howling (Twine) V00014B (31Dec2020)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: The Howling (Twine) V00004

Postby Reaverbot » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:20 am

There's a ton of potential here. If the descriptions were more verbose it would be perfect, but even without that (and I'm sure they will be over time since you're just testing stuff) what you have now is a collection of super cool ideas.

I look forward to updates.
Reaverbot
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby ouphe » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:39 am

Thank you!
And you're spot on, right now is still doing just a few quick lines while I'm getting things figured out. There's more detail and descriptions that I'll be adding as I start to flesh out NPCs and plots and whatnot.
ouphe
Participator

Postby ouphe » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:34 am

V00005 is up
A bunch more content with the Tavern + Tavern Girl
Combat Rape is now M/M as well as M/F.
If you have brought either the tavern girl or the farmer's daughter back to the lair, you can play with them. Tavern girl is nonconsensual sex, farmer's daughter is willing sex.
bug fixes (and bug creation) as always.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/isw6oqikm ... .html/file
ouphe
Participator

Re: The Howling (Twine) V00005

Postby LoroB » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:10 am

saving failed for me >_< reached level 4 and lost progress tried on google chrome
LoroB
Been posting for a bit

Postby Revx_Z » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:29 am

Version 05 still displays as 04 ingame.
Saving doesn't seem to work in Brave either.
This is going out at an awesome speed!
Revx_Z
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ouphe » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:23 pm

The save seems to be working fine when I'm testing it in Chrome.
Might be an issue with your cookies settings, since that's how it saves.
Also, saves will not work very well between versions, so I'll be adding a quick cheat option so people can play with more things in between builds.
ouphe
Participator

Postby Draupnir7 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:34 am

In both the previous version and this one, the moment I hit 140+ health in any way, I can no longer save. What's up with that?
Draupnir7
Somewhat familiar

Postby ouphe » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:40 am

Version 00006!

https://www.mediafire.com/file/q8yo5sqk ... .html/file

Fuckton of updates, and now there's actual plot! Like... wow.

Also, locations are going to be somewhat more gated in future builds so I can set up more regarding quests and plot and all that fun stuff, so for now I've added the "Unlock Locations" button in the lair to have them all still show up.

I'll put the opening walkthrough concept on the front page as well as more details.
ouphe
Participator

Postby ouphe » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:43 am

I have literally no idea about the 140 health thing. I can't find anything that should stop saves from working, especially not based off your health... Can you figure out anything else that might be causing the problem? I've been adjusting health levels and it still lets me save.
ouphe
Participator

Re: The Howling (Twine) V00006

Postby GrayLotus » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:35 am

I've found a bug with the bandits. When fighting the giggling girl, upon winning the battle (either eating or not), I get the attached error when I click the 'continue' link.

I've really been enjoying this game, and it's great to see so much being added to it over the past few days!
Attachments
2019-09-27 17_31_01-The Howling.png
2019-09-27 17_31_01-The Howling.png (9.2 KiB) Viewed 1975 times
GrayLotus
Somewhat familiar

Postby Hansony » Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:36 am

Is there a chance you will be adding the option of playing as female or herm or will this be exclusively male Player charecter?
Hansony
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ouphe » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:40 am

Gender options is a possibility in the future, but it won't be something I work on until I've got a lot more of the game already set up.

I apologize for that goto: error, that was literally a missed capital letter >< fixed it for V00006A, cause I feel bad.

Here you go, quick fix on the bandit stuff so that way you can see the giggling girl's vore scene.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/jca85pcl ... .html/file
ouphe
Participator

Postby Revx_Z » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:46 am

Loss screen doesn't seem to have any way out of it, I had to close and reopen page.

Status screen has a funny thing.
The bounty for your pelt is 0 bags of gold coins.
No one knows your name.The (if:) changer should be stored in a variable or attached to a hook.►[You are classified as a hero.

VGame is fine as F/F and Vrogue is fine as M/M, so don't stress on adding PC sex options.

Resting does not always heal properly.
Revx_Z
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: The Howling (Twine) V00006A

Postby ouphe » Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:03 pm

Can you detail what the issue is with resting?
Is it the lair resting that's having issues, or some of the random "take a nap" things that show up elsewhere like the cabin or tavern?
ouphe
Participator

Postby Draupnir7 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:21 pm

I started a new file in V6, and couldn't save at level 2 with 136 HP.
Started another new file, ground my way up to level 2 while only saving once at the very start. Broke 140HP and could still save, so I carried on 'til I couldn't. Meal count 10.
New file, played as normal, hit 10 meals at level 1 and 137HP, could still save. Grabbed one more meal, went over both 10 meals and 140HP... could still save. Figured "Hell, I guess it fixed itself. Let's keep going." Played as normal for a bit... and the save broke.

I have no idea what the fuck, man.
Draupnir7
Somewhat familiar

Postby ouphe » Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:25 am

That is mind-boggling.
The save system is the default twine form, which uses your browser cookies to log the information.
The best I can find is something regarding the localstorage limits of the browser throwing a fit because there's not enough space?
ouphe
Participator

Postby ouphe » Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:33 am

http://www.mediafire.com/file/txixh55lq ... .html/file

~~~V 00007
Chapter 1 is complete. Yes, it is. Get 5 quest completion credits and see what crops up...
*Added lots of content!
*Places are now branched out in a more rational manner. Please note that not all of the below-mentioned content actually exists yet, and is liable to change, be removed, or have more added to it.
-Lair connects to Woods and Road
-Woods connects to Cabin, Encampment, Elf Village, Cave, Ruins
--Woods lets you discover Road
-Road connects to Farm, Water Tower, Temple, Cemetary, Hills, and sometimes Astrid's Potion Shop
--Road leads to Village
-Village connects to Tavern, Carpenter
--Village leads to King's Highway
-King's Highway connects to TO BE DETERMINED
--King's Highway leads to Castle
-Castle connects to Alchemist, Arena, Blacksmith, Throne Room
As such, you can explore lots of places with ease, but will have to travel a bit to get to the farther locations, since your Lair is not directly next to the Castle. I'll see about getting an actual map image in the future.
Finished up the elf content which means not just the diplomacy quest with Reethin, but lots of other stuff too.
New rape scenes with the elf princess (M/F and/or MMMMMM/F)
New vore scene with the elf princess (M/F)
The first encounter with the Big Bad is in the game now.
Quests. There's a bunch of them now, and some of them will lock the ability to finish others based on your actions.
I've tried to make sure that it's styled so there is solid plot but is also quite sandbox, with plenty of delight and repercussions depending on how things go.
In the event you have some MASSIVE amount of notoriety, be wary of Bounty Hunters. These rarely encountered foes are quite powerful... and scale with the bounty on your head. Yes, the more you're worth, they more powerful they are. Good luck with them.
ouphe
Participator

Postby GrayLotus » Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:18 am

This update is pretty great, I like the expanded content that's been added. I also come bearing gifts, in the form of bugs!

The farmer diplomacy quest can't be resolved peacefully, since the variable being checked at the elven court is misspelled as "farmerdiplomacy" when it should be "farmerdiplomacyquest".

Also, about the farmer sheep quest, is the only resolution for that to eat one of his sheep and tell him it was you? It seems like there was another option intended, but I can't find it.

Anyway, like I said before, I do enjoy this game, and it's great to see the product of the work you've put in!
GrayLotus
Somewhat familiar

Re: The Howling (Twine) V00007 - Chapter 1 Complete

Postby ouphe » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:43 pm

Right now the only answer to the sheep quest is to be the one who ate the sheep :)
ouphe
Participator

Re: The Howling (Twine) V00007 - Chapter 1 Complete

Postby Persona59523 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:54 pm

Can't download the file, do you have another way to put up the file?
Persona59523
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game