How long would it take for a person to be fully digested?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

How long would it take for a person to be fully digested?

Postby pendingdelete02g2698b » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:06 pm

I'm not a science person, so help me out here. How much time could one spend drenched in stomach acids before the following:

Loss of consciousness

Death

Complete digestion

Assume the stomach acids of the (human) pred are not more potent than any other human's. Just trying to get a realistic sense.

EDIT Wow, that sparked some discussion. Well, I meant same-size, but this has all been interesting.
Last edited by pendingdelete02g2698b on Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pendingdelete02g2698b
Been posting for a bit

Re: How long would it take for a person to be fully digested

Postby iWasFrozenToday » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:11 pm

Yo, there are a lot of things to take into consideration.
Such as...

-The physical attributes/strength of the pred and prey.
A great big dragon is going digest their prey quicker than most humans.

-Are they struggling?
In some cases, struggling increases digestion speed.
In other cases, it actually buys the prey more time.

-How tough is their acid?
-Is the predator active (e.g. exercise, dancing, lying on their belly)?

And these are just a few examples!

There is no definitive answer unless we know more about the characters.
We need to know the setting and what’s going on in both of their minds.
What’s going on in the environment they’re in. Y’know, some context.
iWasFrozenToday
Been posting for a bit

Postby MaskedSinner » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:22 pm

Y’know, some context.

Let's say it's a thin person about the size of a barbie doll in the stomach of a 1,90 meters tal athletic woman, she is on her couch, basically just walking around normally and the small one is struggling but not enough to actually "scape"

A) How long would it take until she lose consciouness

B) How long would it take for her to be fully digested?

If the person was smaller, like the size of a normal lego man, how would that change the numbers?

Vore is also education, my dear kids.
MaskedSinner
Somewhat familiar

Postby sweetladyamy » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:31 pm

iWasFrozenToday wrote:A great big dragon is going digest their prey quicker than most humans.
internetperson12345 wrote:Assume the stomach acids of the (human) pred are not more potent than any other human's. Just trying to get a realistic sense.

Unnn...

Now to answer the question.

Realistically, consciousness lost in a matter of minutes, death not long after, complete digestion is probably about a week.
Amyrakunejo, Heiress of Purity

Philosophical Pagan Anarchist Femme Fair Gamer Lesbian Metalhead Chick
sweetladyamy
---

Postby THEDEMONWARLOCK » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:47 pm

Last edited by THEDEMONWARLOCK on Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THEDEMONWARLOCK
Been posting for a bit

Postby Saeshan » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:17 pm

There's also temperature to take into account, as it increases kinetic reaction. Where did the dude put his barrels? Compared to a stomach at 37.5C ? Also, you can take the specific surface area into account, as you said, the bigger the guy into the stomach, the slower to dissolve. But that can give you the point that a lego man would dissolve faster (per gram of flesh, the doll being heavier, just talking about instant speed...) than a doll guy because his specific surface area is greater. To make things easy, one could consider we roughly have the shape of a cylinder. Grissom! Where the hell are you when we need you?!
Saeshan
New to the forum

Postby Dyunglegend » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:02 pm

THEDEMONWARLOCK wrote:So. I did some research. Here goes.

Alrighty.

Complete digestion:

Okay. The ph of human gastric acids are somewhere between 1 - 3 on the ph scale. 14 = not very acidic, like bleach. 7 = neutral and anything lower than that = corrosive

According to this article, https://slate.com/news-and-politics/200 ... -body.html

"British murderer John George Haigh used sulfuric acid to dissolve at least six of his victims in the 1940s. He processed the bodies in a 45-gallon oil drum and reported that the victims dissolved completely in about two days."

If that's true then we've gotta do some math.

First, if we've being "realistic" then we know that the stomach is able to contain a person. With that in mind that means there is not a lot of room for acids to fill, but there will be soon. The stomach produces up 1.5 liters per day. Given that is already acid in there to begin with (20 - 100ml, let's be nice and say 70 because you just ate.) it will...Wait a second! Volume!

This article helps us with that. https://hypertextbook.com/facts/2000/Jo ... heng.shtml

Average human has the volume of 0.08 L. Not a lot. But since it can expand, when absolutely full (Seriously, like, really full), it becomes an astounding 4.00 L! That means that the stomach can expand to almost "50 times" its original size!

According to this, https://sciencing.com/calculate-volume- ... 53815.html

The average volume of a person is 18.41 gallons or 69.7 L (This is the equation, "155 ÷ 8.3 lbs/gal = 18.41 gallons = 2.43 cubic feet = 0.07 cubic meters")

Great. So our stomach goes from 0.08 L to 69.7 L + 4.0 L (Extra space) = 73.7 L

Loss of consciousness and (shortly after) death:

This explains what would probably happen during that process of "digestion", https://www.quora.com/How-quickly-does- ... -and-flesh

With that in mind there is a base of 70 ml in the stomach working its magic. Yes, in a minute or so of being splashed they'll feel some minor discomfort at least on their bare skin then, things really start to heat up. The effects are instant, but the feelings take a while to catch on. The acid will begin to slowly, but surely melt the parts they are on. Since the bottom will be submerged the effect will likely be stronger and faster. I'd approximate about 2.4 times faster.

The body will never be fully covered in acids so it will take waaaaaaaaay longer because of that. Let's say more acid collects because of the added extra space, and because the stomach needs more to make this process quicker. We'll double it and see what happens. 0.07 * 2 = 0.14 Yaaaay. SO. How long will that take??? Considering the fluctuations in acid volume as well???

This person is 155 lbs and in around 0.14 L of acid for a reason I cannot fathom!

It took the british murder two days (48 hrs. Make it 54 hrs to be safe.) to dissolve a victim (I'm assuming at least.) Fully submerged mind you. In 45 gallon (170.3 liter) barrel.

The random guy with an old friend who had an abusive wife said it took a week of constant stirring and manipulation to fully dissolve. Also fully submerged. (Concentration could have been weak.)

So with our person in our stomach with 0.14 L of acid not fully submerged it will likely take three days for the person to die. This is because they will probably die of thirst rather than the actual acids eating them. Yes, they will very well suffer mortifying wounds, but only very painful and not exactly lethal. This is "reality" so this acid isn't exactly meant for such a large and alive thing. My estimates are as follows.

Give us a drum roll please!!!

Bdadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadada!

Loss of consciousness: From the pain and suffering probably 2 1/2 days in.

Death: Most likely occurring during the 3rd day.

Complete digestion: Over the course of 2 months. Yes. That is crazy, but you have like...No acid. You have like...Barely any acid to dissolve with.

I hope my research and spiel sate your mind's need for an answer. Me? Why yes, you are correct in assuming that I am very hungry and will soon myself a delicious pound of bicarbonate substrate to devour. Actually. That's disgusting. I will instead satisfy my stomach with a well earned sandwich and chips.

[Something obligtory and or funny here...I'm not dabbing, I'm looking at the floor for CHEESE!]

(If some of this seems a bit stretched, that's because reality sucks and I don't have a master's degree in chemistry, physics, or an advanced application of mathematics. Apologies. )

I suppose that is the last of my closing statements, so now I bid thee farewell and good luck on your search.

This isn't accurate because it fails to account for the fact that most of what actually does the digestion in the human body isn't acid, but enzymes. These enzymes are designed to break down organic matter. It's the reason why if you swallow a goldfish it will digest within a few hours at most.
Dyunglegend
New to the forum

Postby THEDEMONWARLOCK » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:52 pm

Last edited by THEDEMONWARLOCK on Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THEDEMONWARLOCK
Been posting for a bit

Postby THEDEMONWARLOCK » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:01 pm

Last edited by THEDEMONWARLOCK on Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THEDEMONWARLOCK
Been posting for a bit

Postby Cuddlekins » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:06 pm

I think a big problem here is that OP didn't specify macro/micro or same-size, and a lot of people are coming in with wildly different answers because they each consider one or the other to be the "default" flavor of vore.

For the sake of a story, I honestly play it real fast and loose. Digestion lasts as long as the plots needs it to. Don't worry too much about the nitty gritty, and if you're still uncomfortable, just be real vague with the amount of time passing o: This is smut, not a documentary.
***Cuddlekins Vore Stories (May contain LOLI)
***FF14 GPose Vore Comics
(Mostly macro/micro F/f, some ?/F, some monster girl same-size.)
Cuddlekins
Participator

Postby Saeshan » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:37 pm

THEDEMONWARLOCK wrote:Agreed, though I'm pretty much assuming that the acids are going to be at maximum efficiency (The right, or natural temperature). I'm unsure as to what the rest of your comment means. I don't get what you're saying after surface area...Perhaps you'd like to provide your source on this matter?

Quite simple sir! Take the example of a prey in a fetal position inside a stomach. Let's say to make it plain simple that the skin is absolutly smooth without any asperity. An ideal prey to gobble. Yummy! So in our example, that "fetal prey" is like a ball, where:

The surface of its body is 4xPIxR^2, and the volume is 4/3*PI*R^3. Please excuse my French if I got lost in translation but I consider the surface area as being the ratio of surface over volume, which is the way the surface evolves as a matter of a radius (and as you provided thorough explanation, you can link radius to prey weight). So the ratio is 1/3R but I'm a bit tired, so please forgive any mistake. Meaning, if the prey is twice as big, means the volume would increase 2/3 times faster than the surface.

As you mentioned, fluids are limited and only soaking a surface. So a prey A being in a stomach A and a prey B being in a stomach B, all being ideally 100% soaked, A would take 2/3 days being digested and B 1 if A has a radius of 2 and B 1. And well, this is very simplistic (and possibly wrong) but I hope you got the point...

Cuddlekins wrote:I think a big problem here is that OP didn't specify macro/micro or same-size, and a lot of people are coming in with wildly different answers because they each consider one or the other to be the "default" flavor of vore.

For the sake of a story, I honestly play it real fast and loose. Digestion lasts as long as the plots needs it to. Don't worry too much about the nitty gritty, and if you're still uncomfortable, just be real vague with the amount of time passing o: This is smut, not a documentary.

True, someone in an RP told me that when I used medical terms, I just turned her off! hahaha. But we can flip the table, and try to make maths funny from a vore perspective. Would you enjoy seeing me teach you physics of digestion as a pred teacher? And then, ok, where's my TA to teach the laboratory classes... :P
Saeshan
New to the forum

Postby THEDEMONWARLOCK » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:44 pm

Last edited by THEDEMONWARLOCK on Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THEDEMONWARLOCK
Been posting for a bit

Postby Eznam » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:07 am

Based on research it would take 2 days at most to fully digest and the bone would never fully digest but still be damaged.
Eznam
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby IvesBentonEaton » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:40 am

If you take the example of something that is big enough to swallow a human being and actually has, say, a reticulate python, it can deal with a human-sized meal in seven to ten days.

But—and this is a very big but :P —a snake's digestive system is designed for infrequent and large meals of meat. It has no trouble completely digesting bone, but even a human stomach can deal with bone if the pieces are not very large. Its intestines start to bulk up for its meal even before it has really started swallowing, increasing in size by as much as three times. And yet, even snakes are in a race to digest the largest meals they can swallow before that meal rots in their stomachs and kill them. Humans would tend to fall in that category.

For humanoids swallowing humanoids, the problems get worse. Human digestive tracts only really get underway when the food hits the stomach. Also, they really have to chew to digest, so soft vore isn't a credible option without magic or techno-magic. Moreover, a human throat can only handle swallowing something about two centimeters in diameter, so same-sized vore needs even more magic (techno or standard) to pull off. So barring having the prey rupture the throat, stomach, and surrounding organs, rotting before it digests, and a host of other problems, even with enzymes (peptides, mostly, as I recall), that meal is going to be sitting in there a long time, with an error bar of forever.

Does that mean that people shouldn't do same-size soft vore? Tch. Even I realize this is fantasy, and I'm here, aren't I? Enjoy yourselves as you wish and don't worry too much about the science. Set up your fantasies as you wish. I do, which is why I use a fantasy setting in my stories and roleplaying with specialized magic to make a wider variety of vore possible and to bypass the scientific difficulties.

But that way darkness lies. Bring torches.
Come and hear the Tales of a Visceral Voyager
If you don’t, Zōēā’s poor snake will go hungry.
You wouldn’t want that, would you? :(
IvesBentonEaton
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Saeshan » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:18 am

For the rotting part, don't worry, modernity solves this a lot. Human corpses are not longer decaying in graves. Because our industrially processed food killed our bacteria flora (in our intestine). So, when we die, the bacteria are no longer eating our flesh. Consequently, a modern human body has great chance not to rot, and not to kill the reticulated python or any pred anymore and can be digested for a very long time now. Even years if need be :D.
Saeshan
New to the forum

Postby IvesBentonEaton » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:18 am

While it is true that modern life does play hob with intestinal flora, if it killed all of it, humans would not be able to digest their own food sufficiently to survive. I would tend to think there would be enough to get the job done, since the little beggars would not immediately stop reproducing on the death of the host.

With that in mind, I think I would like to read the articles that support that sort of self-embalming notion. They smell fishy.
Come and hear the Tales of a Visceral Voyager
If you don’t, Zōēā’s poor snake will go hungry.
You wouldn’t want that, would you? :(
IvesBentonEaton
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby R_U_Snacksize » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:47 am

Death would be quick, complete digestion not so quick. No oxygen in the stomach to support life. The squeeze to get there, the squeeze while there. The body heat and no way to give off the body heat the prey generates. Think about a hot humid day. 90 plus degrees with 70 % humidity and no way to get out of the heat. Inside a stomach would be worse, for the few minutes you would be alive.

Eat a quarter pounder. How long is it inside you? Multiply that by a bunch for the size difference of same size soft vore.

In short the physical damage to the prey added to the stomach environment would mean same size soft vore would quickly result in the death of the swallowed. But the digestion would take a long time.
R_U_Snacksize
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby MaskedSinner » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:19 am

This whole thread turned out very interesting, i will keep up with it. Also, congratulations to DemonWarlock, Cuddlekins and Ivens for their amazing research. Keep those cogs turning.
MaskedSinner
Somewhat familiar

Postby Scrumptious » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:06 pm

I understand the spirit of wanting to know. I really do.

However, I agree with IvesBentonEaton. Digestion happens at the speed of plot. Believe that it takes just as much time as you need it to for dramatic purposes. Reality has no standing.
Scrumptious
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Saeshan » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:39 pm

IvesBentonEaton wrote:While it is true that modern life does play hob with intestinal flora, if it killed all of it, humans would not be able to digest their own food sufficiently to survive. I would tend to think there would be enough to get the job done, since the little beggars would not immediately stop reproducing on the death of the host.

With that in mind, I think I would like to read the articles that support that sort of self-embalming notion. They smell fishy.

Yes! Found it! Tadaaaaa: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldn ... rmany.html (or, that one https://www.dpa-international.com/topic ... -99-186287)
But it's actually a lot of stuff, and that's "outside the scope of our topic" anyway, but antibiotics, junk food, conservatives, conservatives!, that's causing us to stay!

Scrumptious wrote: However, I agree with IvesBentonEaton. Digestion happens at the speed of plot. Believe that it takes just as much time as you need it to for dramatic purposes. Reality has no standing.
And, yes I agree with IvesBentonEaton

I agree too, but it's always good to know how much disbelief to suspend we ask for with regard to the description of the process...

That said, it seems that loss of consciousness is quick, since it is an aerobic process, but in fact, cells survive in an anaerobic environment. So the character is not able to tell his or her experience, but digestion is operating on a body that's no longer pumping blood, but still have some sort of degraded metabolism... I guess the point, as a writer, to increase drama is to find "somewhat" realistic explanation to postpone that moment the prey loses consciousness. Otherwise... does someone know a necrophiliac who would like to add anything? ;-P
Saeshan
New to the forum

Next

Return to General Vore Discussion