Which animal is best Pred? How about best Prey?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Which animal is best Pred? How about best Prey?

Postby iWasFrozenToday » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:35 pm

Human is also an acceptable answer, you darned evolutionists!
The animal can also be anthropomorphic or a human/animal hybrid.
Oh yeah. And aliens. I think you see how much leeway you have.

In my opinion…

Best Pred = The wolf. I’ve just always associated them as hunters.
Best Prey = The bunny. Same reason as the wolf really, but the exact opposite.
Best Both = The fox. Because… yeah. My reasonings are super weak because human vore is normally what I indulge in. I’m such a lame example for this thread. ^^;

[ 9/10/2019 Edit ]
WOW. I didn’t think this thread would flourish the way it currently is.
I’m actually gonna think a little bit more deeply about my answers.

After re-thinking, my opinions are…

Best Pred = The human. We’re the ones who can devour anything. It might be easier and more “natural” for bigger creatures such as dinos and whales to do the eating, but mankind has aways been able to think of a solution for any setback. Even if it doesn’t work out, we always try. If it’s too big, we’ll find a way to shrink it. If it’s too poisonous, we’ll find a way to cook it. And, of course, I find it most enjoyable when females are doing the eating. Especially if they seem to be enjoying it and it makes them stronger, healthier, and maybe something a little extra. :wink:

Best Prey = Any living creature. Yep. That’s my answer. It’s hard for me to choose just one! What makes prey so interesting are the things they bring to the table (ha. ha.) and those things can really change the effect of what you’re reading or watching. A 20 year old girl eating a 12 year old boy is different from a 20 year old girl eating a 3 year old dog because every prey has different characteristics that change the tone of it all. So that’s why they’re all included for my answer. I may adore female humans as pred, but most of the time; I could care less about who or what they’re eating since the pred is always the star of the show in my eyes. Especially since the prey’s fate will always be the same — I’ll only care if the pred cares.

Best Both = Again, foxes. This time I have an actual reason! Foxes and fox hybrids of any kind tend to be great hunters by default. At the same time, their curiosity is also something that can lead them into trouble. When they’re pred, they execute the job well and their meal is often a reward for their skills and cunning, and personally it’s always more interesting to me when a meal is earned instead of freely given. When they’re prey, the pred actually has to think out of the box to catch the fox. Again, it feels more earned instead of “oh look. creature. i eat.” They’ll put up a fight. They’ll use claws if they have ‘em and whip you with their tail. They aren’t above struggling because they’ll often be so determined to live another day, which can add a whole lot to the experience.

Thank you all for sharing!
Some of your answers are outright philosophical... O_o
Last edited by iWasFrozenToday on Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
iWasFrozenToday
Been posting for a bit

Re: Which animal is best Pred? How about best Prey?

Postby Tassie » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:17 pm

I always love to have rabbits and mice be prey animals, just because it feels right

The best predators are always something that can swallow things whole, like frogs, pelicans, and maybe fish.

I don't know about animals that are both. Frogs, maybe? I don't know, sorry.
Tassie
Participator

Postby Nikkidafox » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:20 pm

Tassie wrote:I always love to have rabbits and mice be prey animals, just because it feels right

The best predators are always something that can swallow things whole, like frogs, pelicans, and maybe fish.

I don't know about animals that are both. Frogs, maybe? I don't know, sorry.

I honestly cannot stand frogs as predators. I mean realistically I suppose they would be the best option, but I'm not looking for realism. I still prefer them over worm preds though. God I literally cringe seeing worm preds.
Anyway, I agree with OP for the most part. Although I do like to see things like rabbits and mice be the preds occassionally for a sort of role-reversal.
Nikkidafox
Participator

Postby doomed » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:27 pm

Best pred alligator
Best prey mouse
Best both birds in general
doomed
Participator

Postby blessedwasthechild » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:27 pm

Best pred varies for me but I like predators that have no reason to be a predator and yet they are, and act like it fits them. So herbivore preds eating foxes gets me riled up right quick. Foxes are small-time hunters, dogs trying to be cats, it makes them such perfect little prey, that feeling of "wait, you can't eat me, I'm... I'm a carnivore, uh, sorta... I know I live like an omnivore, and eat a lot of berries, but, I'm a predator too!"

But that won't stop a big hungry herbivore from swallowing me up~

That is what captures the pred-prey dynamic for me the most. something unnatural portrayed as natural, or even *higher*, like as if the pred-prey cycles of the natural world we already know is somehow a fallen reflection of a higher cycle of predation where personality and charisma drives predator and prey.
blessedwasthechild
Participator

Postby N-Mario » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:36 pm

Best Predator: Giant Fish, or other aquatic creatures
Best Prey: Humans, or other small living creatures

I donno TBH. It depends on what I'm interested in, and fish seem to be the most simplest design of predators. Hell, I'll even take very cute sharks as pred once in a while. Even though I find fish pred a little more sillier because of the whole "in soviet Russia" gag.
I'm a dolphin that prefers devouring my best buddy.
He loves to be eaten by me. I don't mind that at all.
N-Mario
---

Postby GBBG » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:00 pm

I like predatory birds like Eagles for preds. I also love greedy seabirds. Wolves and Foxes also really excite me as pred.

Birds also make good prey, although my favorite prey would probably be mice, they seem like natural prey for many creatures.

As for both, the prey would need to have predatory features but be small enough to be swallowed by another animal. Perhaps a crow or similar bird could make a good pred/prey.
Writing a vore novel. Check out an excerpt over in work to be shared!
GBBG
Participator

Postby JasonTheKitsune » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:01 pm

Best Pred is bear for me
Best Prey is me (hehehe)
Best for both I would have to agree with foxes cause I'm basic
JasonTheKitsune
New to the forum

Postby empatheticapathy » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:09 pm

For best pred, I'm gonna have to say frog (sticky, prehensile tongue + giant, expandable belly). But bears, alligators, mice/rats, house cats, and most birds of prey are honorable mentions.
Best prey is human. Let's not even pretend otherwise.
For both, rabbits. They work great in either role.
empatheticapathy
---

Postby SamWamm » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:04 pm

I like humans
Species:
A giant sentient roundworm disguised as an alien tree kangaroo race that happen to look like North American mountain goats
P.S. I'm not a normal person
SamWamm
Participator

Postby AllahSnackbar » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:30 pm

Best Pred: Snake. Come on, it's the OG.
Best Prey: Humans. Yup.
Best Switch: Iunno, depends. I would say most warm blooded anthros.
AllahSnackbar
Been posting for a bit

Postby ItsSongxing » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:54 pm

Well, let me preface this by saying that, as far as I'm concerned, just about anything can be pred, and anything can be prey; it's intelligence that is ultimately the determining factor that sent humans to the top, so I don't have designated "pred" or "prey" species in a setting with vore, per se. There are some I definitely prefer in some roles over others, but there is no exclusive role for a given species.

Best preds, I'd say, are (anthro-)horses/centaurs. I guess it's their naturally muscular bodies, large size, and the fact that they're not especially carnivorous in real life that makes them good preds, in my book. That, and being equine, they're bound to have a nice butt and/or a big fat cock. That sort of thing, as someone who really, really likes anal vore and cock vore, goes a long way. (This also makes them good prey! Big prey is good, as far as I'm concerned!)

Best prey are lamias/nagas. Feral snakes don't do much for me, but lamias, being a human-snake hybrid, makes them a favorite for being preds. It makes sense; snakes are one of the few terrestrial animals that swallow prey whole, to where it's basically the poster child of vore. I think snakes are the most common pred, since they're actually the one type of animal alive that can, and has, eaten humans whole and alive. And that's what makes lamias so fun! All the threat of a snake, and all the feist that comes with having human intelligence and hopes and dreams to crush! Not to mention, you can just slurp them up like a big fat noodle once you get past the human part. I love that. (Dragons are also up there, because I like seeing them knocked down a peg, and they almost invariably lead to large/macro prey when they happen to be a snack, which I adore.)

Best for both roles, though? Humans and demis. By "demis", in essence, if you can describe them as "They're a human, but have animal ears/horns/a tail/wings", then they fit here. Maybe scales, too, if we're doing something like Granberia from MGQ. Vore's a sexual thing for me, and that's the body type I like most, simple as that. Yeah, it's the "standard" option, but a damn good one. Some get a bit more of an edge than others (kitsune make better preds than prey, angels make better prey than preds, etc.) but they're all here by having a human body type.
ItsSongxing
Participator

Postby TheDarkStar » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:04 am

I'll admit, I'm a lot more into human/anthro vore myself, but if I were to choose feral animals here are my picks.
Best Pred: Horses. I don't know why, but I think horses are really sexy. It's weird too because I don't feel the same way when it comes to other four-legged animals, even though they basically have the same general form, but for some reason when it comes to horses I just want to be inside them (in both ways).
Best Prey: I don't know if I really have a best prey, but I will say that I wish there was more vore of octopuses being the prey. Weird choice, I know, but they're my favorite type of animal, and I just think with all their tentacles they'd make for a pretty fun experience for whoever ate them.
Both: Humans and Anthros. I know, I know, call me a speciest, but I really prefer humanoid figures in my vore. There's just something so unique and beautiful about the human form. Of course, I realize I think like that due to millions of years of evolution programming my brain to get rock hard at the features of other humans, (i.e., tits and asses), but that's where I stand.
TheDarkStar
Somewhat familiar

Postby calldahotline » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:47 am

Favorite pred: Dragons. The pinnacle of power, come in any size, and so much variety in personality and other characteristics.
Favorite prey: Zora (or anthro aquatic). Creatures evolved to move through water efficiently go down smoothly.
calldahotline
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby JimmyJoeIII » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:14 am

Best pred: Snakes, no question; they encompass everything I love about vore, the physical dominance, the tight intimacy, and the wet massage of the throat, of which a snake is mostly composed.
Best prey: Humans, especially female; they're smooth and hairless, and would go down the most pleasantly, plus make the best bulge shapes.
Best both: Any furry, really.
JimmyJoeIII
Been posting for a bit

Postby JediPadawanJess » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:47 pm

Best pred: Tyrannosaurus (or any theropod dinosaur)
Best prey: Human
Deviantart: Akumaru13
Furaffinity: JediPadawanJess

90's anime/manga ftw!
Giant robots are love!
JediPadawanJess
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby badboy965 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:13 pm

Best Pred: Muscular futa milf.

Best Prey: Crossdressing femboy

Both: humans
badboy965
New to the forum

Postby sweetladyamy » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:41 pm

iWasFrozenToday wrote:Best Pred = The wolf. I’ve just always associated them as hunters.
Best Prey = The bunny. Same reason as the wolf really, but the exact opposite.

Interesting parallel: Red Wolf and Pink Bunny are the names of the 'magic pills' that are frequently used in my short story series.

Hmmm...

As far as the query goes, it depends on a number of things, but I'll give one example situation.

Best pred? Crocodile.
Best prey? That dozy, effeminate individual who is more than happy to allow said crocodile to swallow her whole.
(said situation doesn't have a best for either category)

Here's one more.

Best pred? Transgirl dominatrix.
Best prey? Willing effeminate transgirl.
Best for either? Willing effeminate transgirl.

Kinda have my short story series on the brain, lolz
Amyrakunejo, Heiress of Purity

Philosophical Pagan Anarchist Femme Fair Gamer Lesbian Metalhead Chick
sweetladyamy
---

Postby MementoMori » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:42 pm

Best Predator: In terms of an evolutionary standpoint and all that, I'd say either a shark, a crocodile, or a dinosaur, since all three had millions of years to become full-scale apexes. Especially the first two since they've changed little in all that time, meaning that as far as evolution goes they are a "perfect" predator, thus natural selection favors them staying the same over them changing, which is unusual.

Best Prey: In my opinion, a mouse, just because they're so small and cute and are predated upon by nearly everything (even animals that don't often eat mammals, like toads and lizards etc., will usually go for a mouse). Also, they have a cute long tail that makes them easier to catch and fun to play with!

Best Both: Humans - they're smart enough that they became adept hunters and rose to a top spot of the food chain, but when faced with other apexes that got there from their brute strength or claws and teeth, rather than sheer intelligence, most humans don't stand a chance and would make easy preys. x3
[ ʟɪᴠᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴅʏɪɴɢ ]
MementoMori
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby anyonarex » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:59 pm

Best pred is probably the wolf. A huge canine designed for eating and hunting, equipped with thick paws and a powerful snout that can sniff anything from up to a mile away. Not to mention the teeth....

Best prey, i'd say cats. Meaty, furry little things that think of themselves as great predators when in reality they're small and cute and very snackable. :p
anyonarex
Intermediate Vorarephile

Next

Return to General Vore Discussion