Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V25D

Postby Manchura » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:33 pm

or just make the cells occupied with them....like large occupies a 2 by 3 area and huge a 3 by 5 or something
Manchura
Somewhat familiar

Postby Turbotowns » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:16 pm

Manchura wrote:or just make the cells occupied with them....like large occupies a 2 by 3 area and huge a 3 by 5 or something

The enemy sprites behind the giant would STILL be visible ON TOP of the giant.
Turbotowns
???

Postby sxavie » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:17 am

How can i get unit with special trait other than their race trait like huge tiny greedy or something with out using cheat
sxavie
New to the forum

Postby Turbotowns » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:38 pm

sxavie wrote:How can i get unit with special trait other than their race trait like huge tiny greedy or something with out using cheat

You can't. A random trait system was planned(where units would/could spawn with extra traits aside from their race), but Auri never got around to implementing it.
Turbotowns
???

Postby RichardDix » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:47 pm

sxavie wrote:How can i get unit with special trait other than their race trait like huge tiny greedy or something with out using cheat

There are no random traits, but in case you didn't know, you can get units with "Acid Immunity" and high endurance from one of the events.
RichardDix
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aurilika » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:46 pm

Turbotowns wrote:Ah, haven't said this in a while... but the slime queen's sprite's are bugged. Probably due to the revamped sprites, but their balls are now OVER their belly, and it seemed like the cock itself disappeared(possibly IT went behind the balls as well).

Oh yeah, and giants should probably be put on a MUCH higher layer for immersion's sake(so smaller units don't appear on TOP on them despite behind BEHIND them).

Not sure how to trigger that with the queen. I started a tactical game and everything was as it should be, with stomach above dick above balls.

As for the super huge units, I'm not sure if there is a good way to have them on a proper layer. I don't really want to invest much time in that because you have to cheat and use a glitch to get to that state, so it's kind of a use at your own risk type of thing (though the risk is slightly messed up graphics in this case).

Manchura wrote:or just make the cells occupied with them....like large occupies a 2 by 3 area and huge a 3 by 5 or something

The tech for units physyically occupying more than one tile was never done, so this isn't possible.

The only way to obtain different traits is either by using the race editor to change the entire race, or enable the unit editor cheat and doing on a unit by unit basis.

25E released:
Added Sergal race as a main race.
Leader stats are now based off the race's max stats, but formulated in such a way that they are the same non-random stats as before with the default stats.
Added an option to have a 25% defection chance when a unit auto-surrenders, but doesn't trigger for things that would be extremely game breaking / nonsensical (eternal units, saved units, leaders, summons)
Fixed the agility tooltip to display the correct AP
Fixed a long unnoticed issue of the compy's using the generic monster names instead of their own unique set.
Can now place abandoned villages in the map editor. For the ease of adding, they are technically considered as empty vagrant villages.
Fixed a bug where incorrect banners were used for all races (a bug introduced in 25C by allowing the race editor to change the default banner)
Bandits and Rebels no longer show up in the edit empire settings screen.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Vore War V25E

Postby GrayLotus » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:51 am

I'm encountering a bug where the game will start displaying an AI vs AI battle, even though I have it set to not do that. I get the recentexceptions.txt text box appearing, and the battle is partway-complete with all of the unit sprites replaced with white text saying "Miss". I am able to open the menu and load a prior save, but then the game soft-locks and won't accept any inputs until I restart. The error log is below:

Spoiler: show
Code: Select all
Exception: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Version :25E
TacticalMode.AttackerConvert (Actor_Unit actor) (at <f4743bb7ed284ce188a58d1cf7513f30>:0)
TacticalMode.SwitchAlignment (Actor_Unit actor) (at <f4743bb7ed284ce188a58d1cf7513f30>:0)
Actor_Unit.Damage (System.Int32 damage) (at <f4743bb7ed284ce188a58d1cf7513f30>:0)
Actor_Unit.Defend (Actor_Unit attacker, System.Int32 damage, System.Boolean ranged, System.Single& chance) (at <f4743bb7ed284ce188a58d1cf7513f30>:0)
Actor_Unit.Attack (Actor_Unit target, System.Boolean ranged, System.Boolean forceClaws, System.Single damageMultiplier) (at <f4743bb7ed284ce188a58d1cf7513f30>:0)
TacticalAI.RunRanged (Actor_Unit actor) (at <f4743bb7ed284ce188a58d1cf7513f30>:0)
TacticalAI.GetNewOrder (Actor_Unit actor) (at <f4743bb7ed284ce188a58d1cf7513f30>:0)
TacticalAI.RunAI () (at <f4743bb7ed284ce188a58d1cf7513f30>:0)
TacticalMode.TurboMode () (at <f4743bb7ed284ce188a58d1cf7513f30>:0)
TacticalMode.Begin (StrategicTileType tiletype, Village village, Army invader, Army defender, TacticalAIType AIinvader, TacticalAIType AIdefender, TacticalBattleOverride tacticalBattleOverride) (at <f4743bb7ed284ce188a58d1cf7513f30>:0)
GameManager.ActivateTacticalMode (StrategicTileType tiletype, Village village, Army invader, Army defender, TacticalBattleOverride tacticalBattleOverride) (at <f4743bb7ed284ce188a58d1cf7513f30>:0)
GameManager.UpdateSlidingCamera () (at <f4743bb7ed284ce188a58d1cf7513f30>:0)
GameManager.Update () (at <f4743bb7ed284ce188a58d1cf7513f30>:0)
GrayLotus
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aurilika » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:46 am

GrayLotus wrote:I'm encountering a bug where the game will start displaying an AI vs AI battle, even though I have it set to not do that. I get the recentexceptions.txt text box appearing, and the battle is partway-complete with all of the unit sprites replaced with white text saying "Miss". I am able to open the menu and load a prior save, but then the game soft-locks and won't accept any inputs until I restart. The error log is below:

It looks like this is an error with the recently introduced auto-surrender conversion option (due to an error, it doesn't work correctly if there's a defending village and no defending army), so I suggest turning that option off until the next patch.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby carlj » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:05 pm

Hey Aurilika, since this is pretty much your last update from you for now, would you consider giving some headlines in how to add stuff into the game (i didn't check the whole thread to see if you already did)?
For example i'm interested in writing some more vore flavor text and new events, im also considering trying my hand at sprites and see if i can make some more belly sprites (im thinking about WAY bigger bellies than the ones currently available, because it's my thing).
carlj
Participator

Postby Thefiredemongotlost » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:26 pm

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... ot_815.png
i found a layer issue with the sergal
Thefiredemongotlost
New to the forum

Postby disguy » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:36 pm

A non-gamebreaking bug, but male Sergals seem to have a persistent hairstyle that is visible at all times - with other styles being partially visible under it - and also to change with body color instead of hair color.
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (35.68 KiB) Viewed 1437 times
◕‿◕ bup
disguy
Somewhat familiar

Postby Anesthetic » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:45 pm

What do the override functions in the Race Editor do. Because every time I try to mess with them and save, they just end up 1 less then default? Can you only go down?
Anesthetic
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Aurilika » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:23 pm

carlj wrote:Hey Aurilika, since this is pretty much your last update from you for now, would you consider giving some headlines in how to add stuff into the game (i didn't check the whole thread to see if you already did)?
For example i'm interested in writing some more vore flavor text and new events, im also considering trying my hand at sprites and see if i can make some more belly sprites (im thinking about WAY bigger bellies than the ones currently available, because it's my thing).

well, for simple events, you can add them to the events.txt in userdata. For more complicated events or combat log text, you'd have to download the source, and modify eventlist.cs for events, or tacticalmessagelog.cs or storedlogtexts.cs depending on what actions you were adding them for. As for sprites, also that's done in the source, but is a bit trickier, and harder to explain. (though 1:1 replaces are fairly easy, just replace the sprite sheet), but adding more sprites requires a number of steps.

Anesthetic wrote:What do the override functions in the Race Editor do. Because every time I try to mess with them and save, they just end up 1 less then default? Can you only go down?

Okay, it looks like I made a mistake, the display for the slots is incorrect (the input boxes were correct though), so I've got that corrected for this patch so that it matches. I'm also switching it to normal numbers instead of being 0 based, so it would be 1-3 if there are 3 sprites available.

25F Released. More bug fixes, I don't think this patch should have introduced any new ones though.

25F:
Added an option to control the amount of water that spawns in tactical battles, and also how scattered it is.
Adjusted the race editor so that the shown allowed ranges for weight/breasts/dick aren't off by 1. Also changed it so that it's more intuitive (i.e sprites 1-6 instead of 0-5)
Fixed the moved citizens event leaving the village empty (integer truncation)
Fixed male sergals having two hairs at the same time
Adjusted sergal clothing layers.
Fixed Sergals not being assigned clothes properly.
Fixed a bug with the auto-surrender defection where it would create an exception if a unit switched sides when there was only a garrison and no defending army.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Vore War V25F

Postby Anesthetic » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:40 pm

So can we only reduce the max Sizes? Cause saving now at a higher max size just resets to default.

Oh and here is an Idea. Is there a way to make it so when you hover over a Trait in the drop down trait list, it tells you what it does. I'm having to go through and add every trait to a race, just to learn what they do.
Anesthetic
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:16 pm

Anesthetic wrote:So can we only reduce the max Sizes? Cause saving now at a higher max size just resets to default.

Oh and here is an Idea. Is there a way to make it so when you hover over a Trait in the drop down trait list, it tells you what it does. I'm having to go through and add every trait to a race, just to learn what they do.

I second that second bit!
Turbotowns
???

Postby Anesthetic » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:36 pm

You can Override the Minimum Setting, to beyond the maximum setting and save that. That will increase the Maximum Setting to be the same as the newly increased minumum setting After you save it, but it won't actually change anything in the gameplay.

Scratch that, it causes all newly spawned memebers of the Race, to pop in with maximum stats in that field.

I thought the Override was going to break the sprites but allow for them to scale beyond the current ammounts. At least that's what I had hoped.

If you surrender everyone to the bats, nothing happens, the bats just sit there perpetually doing nothing.

Fairy Clothes are on the top layer above thier breasts.
Anesthetic
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:44 am

Oh! Are you talking about the Body size? the one right above base size?
Turbotowns
???

Postby Anesthetic » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:13 am

Turbotowns wrote:Oh! Are you talking about the Body size? the one right above base size?

Yes.

Also Cruel seems to have some kind of issue. It seems to lock up the players turn, if they fail to consume the enemy you were attempting to, you can try to do anything but end your turn.
Anesthetic
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:56 am

Also the add unit cheat keeps showing up in villages despite being OFF. >.>
Turbotowns
???

Postby carlj » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:18 pm

Aurilika wrote:
carlj wrote:Hey Aurilika, since this is pretty much your last update from you for now, would you consider giving some headlines in how to add stuff into the game (i didn't check the whole thread to see if you already did)?

well, for simple events, you can add them to the events.txt in userdata. For more complicated events or combat log text, you'd have to download the source, and modify eventlist.cs for events, or tacticalmessagelog.cs or storedlogtexts.cs depending on what actions you were adding them for. As for sprites, also that's done in the source, but is a bit trickier, and harder to explain. (though 1:1 replaces are fairly easy, just replace the sprite sheet), but adding more sprites requires a number of steps.

I see, i'll probably try on my own to see if i can even make some good looking sprites first. What about flavor text during vore? Does it require the source too?
Also for anyone who's already familiar with making sprites what programs you recommend?
carlj
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game