Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V25B

Postby Circle0Trick » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:47 am

thrilled to see what all you've updated.
thanks for your work and everything
Circle0Trick
Somewhat familiar

Postby Turbotowns » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:13 pm

Is Eternal supposed to leave the respawned unit with merely 1 hp?
Turbotowns
???

Postby frogcubus » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:53 pm

Turbotowns wrote:And now a higher priority one(and one I'm surprised wasn't suggested before), a SCROLLBAR for the tooltips over one the left! I think we've run out of room for traits and prey/remains.

Seconded! A lot! If this is at all possible, I'd be ecstatic.
Cuteness and degeneracy go too well together for their own good.
frogcubus
Somewhat familiar

Re: Vore War V25A

Postby Aurilika » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:41 pm

I did most of the posted suggestions, but commenting a little more on these.

MarkusFreeman320 wrote:Also some race traits don't seem to work correctly, for example I gave all the races feral trait, but they still have weapons in strategic games.

I guess that trait was never quite finished.. No unit uses it so I guess it was kind of forgotten about. That being said, it would be a pain to plug it to work exactly, so I should probably just remove it, but I just put a comment on it saying the AI doesn't use it right.
radiogenicvore wrote:I've been loving this game so far. I tend to do Leader only rounds but those have restrictions as you have to set the population too low to hire solders and/or set money into negatives so other troops can't be afforded. In either case the ai leaders never respawn. As such I would love for the limit for armies to be able to be set to 1 if it should fix this issue.

Okay, lowered the minimum army size to 1, but I'm not sure if there's a good way to have only the leader spawn. I think if you set max armies to 1, they would resurrect their leader to replace the army when it was dead, but I'm not 100% sure.
Turbotowns wrote:And now a higher priority one(and one I'm surprised wasn't suggested before), a SCROLLBAR for the tooltips over one the left! I think we've run out of room for traits and prey/remains.

I think making that into a scrollbar window would really hamper its usability, so I opted to just allow it to reduce font size to a smaller level when needed.
Turbotowns wrote:Is Eternal supposed to leave the respawned unit with merely 1 hp?

I did that when I first added it, thinking it would keep it in a more balanced territory, but I decided to just make it full health, because it's already sort of a cheat trait (though it's not labeled as such).

25C Released.

25C:
The Race editor now properly sanitizes stats when it saves so that you can't set the minimum higher than the maximum
The Race editor can now control the default banner, and variable settings for clothed %, starting breast size, starting dick size, and starting weight.
AI event messages now wait 90 seconds to disappear on their own (up from 10), but only 12 seconds if there's all AI players, because it figures you'd rather be watching than having the AI events stack up.
Additional kangaroo belly sprites added.
All summoned units now carry the (summon) designation in the info panel (and just their name everywhere else), instead of just astral called units. Also fixed a bug where astral called units info could not be viewed in the belly.
Relations are now color coded on the complete diplomatic list
Adjusted the tactical unit info panel so that the minimum size font is smaller (allowing more text to fit in there if there's a lot of text)
Fix for Skip rest of battle letting the player flee, even if that was not checked.
Fixed one of the Fairy's summer hairstyles so that it is actually attached to the head.
Added the missing ant spawner to the map editor.
Astral call now chooses races randomly from the units with the race, as the description stated, instead of always using imps.
Fixed the race to use panel in the cheat menu going off the top of the screen
Fixed the biter trait on Zoey, for real this time.
Lowered the fleeing threshold for all types of AI (They have to be more outnumbered before they flee), and monsters (except vagrants) will hardly ever flee.
Fixed a rare exception in the race editor.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:18 pm

Aurilika wrote:

I think making that into a scrollbar window would really hamper its usability, so I opted to just allow it to reduce font size to a smaller level when needed.
Turbotowns wrote:Is Eternal supposed to leave the respawned unit with merely 1 hp?

I did that when I first added it, thinking it would keep it in a more balanced territory, but I decided to just make it full health, because it's already sort of a cheat trait (though it's not labeled as such).

Well, now it's omitting stuff entirely, if a unit has so many traits or prey. Let's see if that smaller text helps...

And then that Eternal thing is a bug. As it's CURRENTLY respawning them with 1.
Turbotowns
???

Postby Throku » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:27 pm

Turbotowns wrote:More news about the flee bug: An entire army of cake(32, lvl 101 average) ran from a SINGLE human garrison owned by imps(Literally Just 1, level 242(which IS MUCH higher, but it's normal sized, as are the cakes, the single unit would have eventually been overrun...)), only 5 turns in.

What can I say? I like cake, and they know it.
Throku
May I take your order?

Postby MarkusFreeman320 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:32 am

Aurilika wrote:
MarkusFreeman320 wrote:Also some race traits don't seem to work correctly, for example I gave all the races feral trait, but they still have weapons in strategic games.

I guess that trait was never quite finished.. No unit uses it so I guess it was kind of forgotten about. That being said, it would be a pain to plug it to work exactly, so I should probably just remove it, but I just put a comment on it saying the AI doesn't use it right.

Aww, that's a shame, I liked that trait, it was a very handy way of disabling weapons (especially bows) for certain AI I wanted to be more melee (or vore) based :(

Though yay! Help menu in the main screen! Thank you Aurilika! :)

Also would it be possible to have a button in the options menu to stop Traits showing up in the stats list in game? As they take up a lot of room, especially if the unit has also eaten a lot of prey.
MarkusFreeman320
Participator

Location: Western Scotland (That's as much detail as you're getting)

Re: Vore War V25C

Postby Younger99 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:23 am

I'm curious to see what other races you have in store. Perhaps a prey turned pred? That'd be humorous.
Younger99
Participator

Postby Turbotowns » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:31 am

MarkusFreeman320 wrote:
Aurilika wrote:

Aww, that's a shame, I liked that trait, it was a very handy way of disabling weapons (especially bows) for certain AI I wanted to be more melee (or vore) based :(

Though yay! Help menu in the main screen! Thank you Aurilika! :)

Also would it be possible to have a button in the options menu to stop Traits showing up in the stats list in game? As they take up a lot of room, especially if the unit has also eaten a lot of prey.

Ah, SEE! But what if you wanted to see the traits? should we hide the prey?
There has to be a better way of doing this... hmmm...
Turbotowns
???

Postby Throku » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:48 am

This thread is getting rather large and the search is ratehr iffy at times nowadays, so I was wondering about garrisons, is it a bug that all weapons dissapear after a fight? I mean if my garrison wins it says I still have a garrison of however many people survived, but the garrison armoury is empty and as I buy new weapons the garrison resets from where I load the weapons. I know garrisons are not made to gain XP, is this related to that, wiping combatant's XP and equipment in the process?

It doesn't feel like a win when you have to put a whole turns money into rearming the garrison and what if I get attacked twice in a turn?
Throku
May I take your order?

Postby Turbotowns » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:40 am

Throku wrote:This thread is getting rather large and the search is ratehr iffy at times nowadays, so I was wondering about garrisons, is it a bug that all weapons dissapear after a fight? I mean if my garrison wins it says I still have a garrison of however many people survived, but the garrison armoury is empty and as I buy new weapons the garrison resets from where I load the weapons. I know garrisons are not made to gain XP, is this related to that, wiping combatant's XP and equipment in the process?

It doesn't feel like a win when you have to put a whole turns money into rearming the garrison and what if I get attacked twice in a turn?

If a garrison wins a fight, they get added to the village's "Hire Specific" Pool(which supplements the garrison, or rather, it's the first pull, the armory only gets used if there aren't enough units to fill the garrison's capacity(and there are enough spare weapons ofc)), still equipped with the gear they fought with, naturally the weapon count in the armory will go down, because the weapons aren't IN the armory, they're being used by the surviving units.

In other news... I like the color for the diplomacy screen! just uh... I think it has a couple issues. XD
diplomacy.png

Hahahaha! Pardon my sarcasm but... the small text works GREAT! XD
microtext.png
Turbotowns
???

Postby Throku » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:11 am

Turbotowns wrote:If a garrison wins a fight, they get added to the village's "Hire Specific" Pool

Thanks, that's really nifty.
Throku
May I take your order?

Postby Turbotowns » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:11 pm

For some reason, after letting the AI run away with one of my titan fairies(using the whole "skip rest of battle" button), even after checking the discourage oral box, they EXCLUSIVELY use oral vore.
Turbotowns
???

Postby eleventh » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:30 pm

I've had several games end with a battle involving imps loading into a black map with the units on it, and then no units actually doing anything. Skipping the battle goes to turn 2000 and stays there, without ending the battle. On one occasion relaunching the game solved the problem.
I really need to just post things without rewriting them dozens of times.
eleventh
Participator

Postby Aurilika » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:09 pm

Turbotowns wrote:And then that Eternal thing is a bug. As it's CURRENTLY respawning them with 1.

I didn't word that as well as I should've. I meant that I changed it to be full hp for 25C.
Turbotowns wrote:In other news... I like the color for the diplomacy screen! just uh... I think it has a couple issues. XD

Well, the rebels and bandits (700 and 701) shouldn't really be showing up in there, so that will be fixed. I'll probably adjust the text so it can use the full width as well
Turbotowns wrote:Hahahaha! Pardon my sarcasm but... the small text works GREAT! XD

Point made, I wasn't expecting people to cram that many traits on a unit. I'll probably stick a scrollbar in there.
Turbotowns wrote:For some reason, after letting the AI run away with one of my titan fairies(using the whole "skip rest of battle" button), even after checking the discourage oral box, they EXCLUSIVELY use oral vore.

I don't understand why that would happen, the only things that should affect it should be the bv toggle in the content settings window, or the prevent bv in the race editor for that race.
eleventh wrote:I've had several games end with a battle involving imps loading into a black map with the units on it, and then no units actually doing anything. Skipping the battle goes to turn 2000 and stays there, without ending the battle. On one occasion relaunching the game solved the problem.

Apparently I introduced a bug where there would be an exception that would sometimes happen if the defenders have more units with astral call than the attackers. I've got that fixed now, and will put out another patch tonight.

Also worth noting, I realize the male Kangaroos cause exceptions when using their new stomach sprites, so I'll correct that in tonight's patch as well.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby carlj » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:39 pm

Aurilika wrote:Also worth noting, I realize the male Kangaroos cause exceptions when using their new stomach sprites, so I'll correct that in tonight's patch as well.

Nice job on the fixes Aurilika, just a tiny bug with the new kangaroos sprites, when you eat a lot of units instead of having the normal stretched stomach it goes to the Selicia belly sprite, in fact it seems that at a certain level it just goes to the Selicia belly sprite and start stretching it for when it goes further, regardless if you eat Selicia or not.

Other than that good job as always :)
carlj
Participator

Postby Turbotowns » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:21 pm

Ah, you haven't updated the forum name to the latest version yet. XD
Nevermind. XD
Turbotowns
???

Postby Aurilika » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:23 pm

carlj wrote:Nice job on the fixes Aurilika, just a tiny bug with the new kangaroos sprites, when you eat a lot of units instead of having the normal stretched stomach it goes to the Selicia belly sprite, in fact it seems that at a certain level it just goes to the Selicia belly sprite and start stretching it for when it goes further, regardless if you eat Selicia or not.

Ah, good catch. I missed that but now it's fixed.

25D released. Hopefully this will be stable, and I won't need to put out another bug fixing patch right away.

25D:
Traits in the listed traits in the race editor now display their description when hovered over
Info Panel in tactical mode has been converted to a scrollbar system, and the maximum size of the font has decreased (A unit with several traits and a prey will still fit without scrolling, but beyond that you'll need to scroll)
Rebels and Bandits no longer show up in the diplomacy relation window, and are now fixed as hostile to all players (it was theoretically possible, but excessively unlikely, that an AI could offer peace to them)
Fixed an exception that could occur if the defenders have more units with astral call than the attackers.
Another fix to improve the sanitization of race editor stats (it could still save in a way that made it impossible to properly roll stats when the minimum was the same as the maximum)
Fixed a bug where male kangaroos that use the new large belly sizes create errors. Also fixed a bug that would use the Selicia belly when it shouldn't have been used. They also have some cock vore sprites as well.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Vore War V25D

Postby SubZero156 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:58 am

ooo yay, so many new things what's next
SubZero156
Participator

Re: Vore War V25D

Postby Turbotowns » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:25 pm

Ah, haven't said this in a while... but the slime queen's sprite's are bugged. Probably due to the revamped sprites, but their balls are now OVER their belly, and it seemed like the cock itself disappeared(possibly IT went behind the balls as well).

Oh yeah, and giants should probably be put on a MUCH higher layer for immersion's sake(so smaller units don't appear on TOP on them despite behind BEHIND them).
Turbotowns
???

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game