Vore turnoffs

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Vore turnoffs

Postby Devourerita » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:22 am

I already made a topic about vore enhancers here, but how about your turnoffs? For turnoff, I mean an aspect that, if it's in whatever vore related thing, instantly kills your mood (or just makes it much less interesting than before). Keep in mind that for a turnoff to qualify it must "ruin" something that normally you should have enjoyed, so the pred/prey/sexes/species must be of the types you enjoy, so they don't count in this topic.

These are mine:
Genitals or boobs being the focus of the image instead of vore: self-explanatory, if the genitals or boobs are bigger than the bulge of the prey (genitals and boobs vore are obviously excluded, especially because I blacklisted everything)
Internal and bulges don't correspond: for this I mean when the internal shots and the bulges don't correspond. I know that it's hard to do tight bulges, and I'm not talking about them: It's more like when the pred has a very small bulge after eating a same size prey (this is noticeably loosening though)
Dry moth and internals: I absolutely love drooly mouths and internals, so seeing them dry is a huge turnoff for me
Preys yerking off before/while/after being eaten: while I like willing preys, I don't like when they are too much willing, like when they do this (and the female equivalent)
Preds yerking off before/while/after eating: and I don't like the pred equivalent too (and the female one)

Also, while it's different than everything else, I should mention incomplete tags and weird synonyms, especially when they cause something that's in my blacklist to appear. I always add the appropriate tags afterward, so at least I don't have to see them again

That's all I can think of, what about you?
My vore code
An eldritch abomination that fused with a human a long time ago.
Male pred only
Devourerita
Somewhat familiar

Re: Vore turnoffs

Postby 3rasvok » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:19 pm

Devourerita wrote:I already made a topic about vore enhancers here, but how about your turnoffs? For turnoff, I mean an aspect that, if it's in whatever vore related thing, instantly kills your mood (or just makes it much less interesting than before). Keep in mind that for a turnoff to qualify it must "ruin" something that normally you should have enjoyed, so the pred/prey/sexes/species must be of the types you enjoy, so they don't count in this topic.

These are mine:
Genitals or boobs being the focus of the image instead of vore: self-explanatory, if the genitals or boobs are bigger than the bulge of the prey (genitals and boobs vore are obviously excluded, especially because I blacklisted everything)
Internal and bulges don't correspond: for this I mean when the internal shots and the bulges don't correspond. I know that it's hard to do tight bulges, and I'm not talking about them: It's more like when the pred has a very small bulge after eating a same size prey (this is noticeably loosening though)
Dry moth and internals: I absolutely love drooly mouths and internals, so seeing them dry is a huge turnoff for me
Preys yerking off before/while/after being eaten: while I like willing preys, I don't like when they are too much willing, like when they do this (and the female equivalent)
Preds yerking off before/while/after eating: and I don't like the pred equivalent too (and the female one)

Also, while it's different than everything else, I should mention incomplete tags and weird synonyms, especially when they cause something that's in my blacklist to appear. I always add the appropriate tags afterward, so at least I don't have to see them again

This

Also giant woman is where I draw the line. :D
3rasvok
Been posting for a bit

Postby TheSlimeKing » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:23 pm

Scat and gore

grotesque imagery

fetishized gender transitions

male preds

non-anthro animal or plant preds

infants or non-sapient animals being involved in any capacity

actual cannibalism (as in cooking and preparing the prey like they would any other meal)
TheSlimeKing
New to the forum

Postby Slappy » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:11 pm

Devourerita wrote:Internal and bulges don't correspond: for this I mean when the internal shots and the bulges don't correspond. I know that it's hard to do tight bulges, and I'm not talking about them: It's more like when the pred has a very small bulge after eating a same size prey (this is noticeably loosening though)

I call this "TARDIS tummy" and I find it just as annoying as you.
Slappy
Been posting for a bit

Postby Krovennan » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:27 pm

*Cracks knuckles* Hokay here we go

Beyond specific kink turn offs like Scat, hard vore and such, things I dislike is burping, I don't find it sexy, especially when video makers and such use Barney Gumble's belching sound. Barney is not sexy, goddamn stop it.

On the note of videos, when the model drones on for like 20 minutes with bad acting. Like honey, you're just padding out the clock, you're not the next Hollywood sensation, if you can't act, don't prattle on for so damn long. Also get some better scriptwriters or stop making 20 minute videos for 20 seconds of actual vore cause some of that is cringey as all hell.

A gripe that may generate some controversy but fuck it. Preds have preferences of who they wanna eat that lines up with their sexual preferences, thats fine, but whne you go out of your way to borderline insult those people you aren't interested in, you've crossed a line with me. Personally, I see this happening more and more with male prey, and I'm getting really sick of being referred to as "junk food" as an insult, or going on and on about how females are better in every way as prey and just...fucking stop it, you're not cute, you're being an IRL asshole. You can say you don't want x or y gender as prey, but stop the long monologues on how your preferences are superior.

Vore with no domination or sexuality bores me to tears. I don't like fatal sure, but when the pred demands you be willing and eager, has you make all the moves and doesn't even attempt to act like a PREDATOR I just get immediately flacid. This is a kink for me, a kink based around dominance, act like it.

Just to name a few.
Last edited by Krovennan on Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Krovennan
Somewhat familiar

Postby Mecho » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:09 pm

This is a kink, a kink based around dominance, act like it.

Who says it's about dominance for everyone tho? Vore dosen't mean dominance for all of us you know :)
I'm all for the unwilling and domination aspect of vore, love it to bits! but not everyone is and they don't need to.
Mecho
---

Postby ArcaneSigil » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:10 pm

Mostly fatal. Fatal Vore, Hard Vore, Scat, graphic digestion, death, and the like are all turn offs for me. To me, Vore is about the attraction. I don't get off on watching people melt.
Just a wolf lookin' for some fun. I like all sorts. Just... don't eat me.
ArcaneSigil
---

Postby Slappy » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:23 pm

Also am I the only one who finds exposed breasts, genitals and buttholes (as well as the stuff that normally comes out of them) off-putting? I mean, I'd rather not think about them in general, but these things come up often in vore so I felt it was worth a mention here. I like to keep my vore wholesome, y'know?
Slappy
Been posting for a bit

Postby Krovennan » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:30 pm

Mecho wrote:
This is a kink, a kink based around dominance, act like it.

Who says it's about dominance for everyone tho? Vore dosen't mean dominance for all of us you know :)
I'm all for the unwilling and domination aspect of vore, love it to bits! but not everyone is and they don't need to.

I make it extremely clear when anyone propositions me for an RP that that is what I want in my vore RP and if they can't provide it they shouldn't continue, they say they can and then need me basically holding their hand through the entire thing. So maybe not for everyone, but when it comes to MY RP, it is non-negotiable
Krovennan
Somewhat familiar

Postby Devourerita » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:48 pm

Scat
fetishized gender transitions
non-anthro animal
infants or non-sapient animals being involved in any capacity

I relate to this

I call this "TARDIS tummy" and I find it just as annoying as you.

I'm now laughing on the floor. Also, the perfect analogy

Also am I the only one who finds exposed breasts, genitals and buttholes (as well as the stuff that normally comes out of them) off-putting? I mean, I'd rather not think about them in general, but these things come up often in vore so I felt it was worth a mention here. I like to keep my vore wholesome, y'know?

Exactly like me, I only accept NSFW art if it's of a predator I really like or if the unwanted stuff isn't really noticeble
My vore code
An eldritch abomination that fused with a human a long time ago.
Male pred only
Devourerita
Somewhat familiar

Postby EnderDracolich » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:56 pm

Devourerita wrote:Also, while it's different than everything else, I should mention incomplete tags and weird synonyms, especially when they cause something that's in my blacklist to appear. I always add the appropriate tags afterward, so at least I don't have to see them again

Well, I agree with you about incomplete tags!

Though I actually liked all the stuff you mentioned disliking content-wise.

My major turn-offs are:

*Underage/children/kids of any kind in any context.

*Scat in any context other than disposal.

*Rape, torture, or extreme sadism.

*Pregnant prey (only when fatal)

*Betrayal - especially unwilling, fatal vore between friends or loved ones.
EnderDracolich
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby stearwing » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:35 pm

Oh boy, there's a lot.

As someone who doesn't subscribe to the whole sub/dom dichotomy: overly subby, "just do what you like" prey with no agency whatsoever are boring. Overly dommy preds with a big fat ">:3" tattooed onto their mugs are more boring to the point of being downright insulting to look at or read about.
I mean, I like polite predators. I dislike disrespectful ones.

I'm also oddly specific when it comes to what goes in and what comes out. For the massive focus on disposal I have I really don't get burps or farts, and as far as predator and prey species are concerned I simply don't do reptilian prey. It also usually irks me if herbivores are predators, this whole role reversal thing strikes me as just a tick too strange.
Then there's all sorts of weird sexual characteristics fuckery - herms, multpile genitals except where such would make sense (squamates and their hemipenes come to mind), that sort of thing.

Finally few things really yank me out of it more than bellies that are off:
For one, there's shrink-wrap bellies, especially with struggling prey. It kinda looks like some poor shit got eaten by a balloon animal or inflatable doll, I can't take this seriously. Speaking of balloons: this is also the reason I don't generally do smaller preds - they ought to pop just like balloons.
Then there's the polar opposite, the circle-tool belly, which seems to me like a sign of laziness more than anything else.
I'm a dragon.
I eat people. I digest people. I shit people.
I do other things, too.
It's a living.
stearwing
Participator

Postby Cowrie » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:53 pm

Krovennan wrote:A gripe that may generate some controversy but fuck it. Preds have preferences of who they wanna eat that lines up with their sexual preferences, thats fine, but whne you go out of your way to borderline insult those people you aren't interested in, you've crossed a line with me. Personally, I see this happening more and more with male prey, and I'm getting really sick of being referred to as "junk food" as an insult, or going on and on about how females are better in every way as prey and just...fucking stop it, you're not cute, you're being an IRL asshole. You can say you don't want x or y gender as prey, but stop the long monologues on how your preferences are superior.

Not exactly the same thing, but when a story tries to pass off the author or commissioner preferring a specific pairing gender as world-building by trying to justify it in the text of the story, it usually ends up making me cringe, because outside of a very small handful of works, the justification is usually incredibly poor by world building standards. Either they try to support it through "biology" and come up with something that logically holds no water, or the relevant bit is an afterthought that just calls one pairing "better". This may sound weird coming from me, what with my having one setting that literally only allows F/M, but the difference to me is whether it holds up as world-building, not what pairings are possible in-setting. If you can't be bothered to define possible pairings in a setting in a way that makes sense with worldbuilding, I think it's better to just ignore the possibility of the pairings you don't like and focus on what you do like, as opposed to saying something that can't be supported by the setting/basic logic.

Aside from that, like many others here, incomplete tagging also drives me crazy. Other big turn-offs for me include scatplay, vore involving real life celebrities, the "TARDIS tummy" mentioned above, and the more extreme forms of vacuum-packed belly, especially the stuff where you can make out the eyes distinctly.
I am open for art commissions or trades! See here for details.
Cowrie
???

Postby R_U_Snacksize » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:30 pm

Excessive scat and "water play" descriptions. Several years ago I read a few stories where it was talking about an adult male and a hot sexy girl but then said she was 12. To me that is a huge no no. The eating 120 guys twice your size in 1 day. The welp I'm bored do you want to eat me? stuff.
R_U_Snacksize
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby go47 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:43 pm

Ah the next kinkshame thread. We need a popcorn smiley.
go47
Somewhat familiar

Postby BrainChilde » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:07 pm

go47 wrote:Ah the next kinkshame thread. We need a popcorn smiley.

Yeah, these do tend to pop up.

Anyway, instant turnoffs are belly bulges. It's always annoying to read how big a preds belly gets after eating.
Grats, you got fat, who cares.
BrainChilde
Somewhat familiar

Postby Hanzo » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:07 pm

Hm. so many things to agree with on this thread it's hard to mention just one. Everything Dracolich doesn't like. Same for me. Though I don't like scat at all. or piss for that matter.

Fatal. Death isn't a turn on for me.

Anthro. Just don't like it. I realize that limits me to what I can enjoy with this fetish/kink, whatever. (though to be honest, sometimes I gotta play the vulture card and take what I can get.)

Giant/Giantess. I'm ok with size difference. But it's like folks forget what too big means. Like, a giant/ess that's like 80 feet tall eats a normal person. That's like a human eating an ant. It's not gonna do anything.

"On the note of videos, when the model drones on for like 20 minutes with bad acting. Like honey, you're just padding out the clock, you're not the next Hollywood sensation, if you can't act, don't prattle on for so damn long. Also, get some better scriptwriters or stop making 20-minute videos for 20 seconds of actual vore cause some of that is cringey as all hell. " in regards to what Krovenann said about this, I have to agree as well. When they go on and on and on, I lose interest and just sit there "uh huh...uh huh....mhm..."
Hanzo
Somewhat familiar

Postby EnderDracolich » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:23 pm

go47 wrote:Ah the next kinkshame thread. We need a popcorn smiley.

How is politely stating your dislikes "kink-shaming" ?
EnderDracolich
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Peptidase » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:52 pm

Devourerita wrote:Also, while it's different than everything else, I should mention incomplete tags and weird synonyms, especially when they cause something that's in my blacklist to appear. I always add the appropriate tags afterward, so at least I don't have to see them again

God, so much of this. I have like 10 different synonyms for "underage" blacklisted. I had an especially bad run in the other day when the only warning tag the author thought they needed was "baby pred." Doesn't matter that I already have "child," "child pred," "underage," and "underage pred," all blacklisted, this one made it through. I can't wait for the new improved blacklist to be implemented.

And still for less legally questionable content, It gets to be annoying. It's frustrating to find/tag content that I *like* when things like "stomachache," "stomach ache," "tummyache," and "tummy ache" are all separate tags with irregular usage. Conversely, trying to block something like "My Little Pony" content is difficult because it's over too many tags. "MLP," "My Little Pony," "pony," "pony pred..." It's too much. Or when they use "pred" vs "predator" and different works only use one version of the tag or the other. It would be really nice if there was some sort of synonymous tag function for both blacklist and watching.

As for what *content* I don't like:
Underage, as previously mentioned. It's morally and legally grey to even use a website that hosts it, so having it pop up in places where blacklist doesn't work (user pages, the homepage, untagged works) is beyond frustrating. It ruins the mood pretty easily.

Most pre-existing properties. Certain ones like MLP, Steven Universe, Family Guy, Splatoon, etc are super unappealing to me. With generic-y anime characters I'm usually ok because I know nothing about them, but I also feel like I'm missing most of the plot. OCs are almost always better.

Tattooification. IDK. I just don't like it. The tattoos never look right with poorly matching skin tones and it just sort of feels like the worst way to have prey permanently become part of the pred. I'm sure there's some better way to work tattooification into a piece than to just have their stock icon show up as a tramp stamp, but I haven't seen it. Attribute theft can be a really interesting and exciting alternative.

Prey with beards. I'm not huge on preds with beards but prey with beards are just super unattractive, especially when unbirthing is involved.
30,000 words in half finished stories and counting!
Peptidase
Participator

Postby night22 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:13 am

Yeah incomplete/incorrect tags is a major annoyance. I was trying to find 2B art recently, but it's spread out over "Nier", "nier automata", and "2b". There's only like 3 out of 30 pics that use at least 2 tags and nothing uses all 3 tags. It becomes a turnoff when the search becomes the priority.
night22
Advanced Vorarephile

Next

Return to General Vore Discussion