Evo Catcher - Suspended...

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Evo Catcher - Suspended...

Postby PedVerse » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:36 am

[[!!!PROJECT SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE!!!]]
(Project suspended due to focus on other projects... )

Hey guys, It was made aware to me that there is a place for showcasing games on Aryion/Ekas, so I went ahead and made a post here too.
(Copied from original Post here: blog/PedVerse/evo_catcher_~_game_concept_b-43336.html )

Hey everyone, I announced yesterday that I was working on a game EvoCatcher, but the post was somewhat lacking in detail, So I figured I'd go ahead and take some more time here to really explain everything and what its all about.

(This is a concept and many factors are subject to change..)

The Story ~

So Basically the story follows a younge (Above the legal Age.) Hero as they make their place in the world.

(Characters Depicted is a placeholder.)
https://i.imgur.com/AaIVrsF.png

(Mom)
https://i.imgur.com/WhFiwc4.png

Starting off the hero is living with their mother in a small house on the outskirts of a little town. They are looking for a job so they can begin their adult life, Which in turn leads them to the “GenTec” Company. Where they take part in a new experiment with these newly discovered creatures called “Evos”

During the experiments, the hero is bonded with one of the available evos offered to them at the company, However the hero is comforted by their childhood “rival” to whom had also joined the experiments. The Rival challenges you to spare with your newly bonded creatures. After the results of the battle (of which impact the game in subtle ways.) A Breach in the building occurs and the captive evos escape into the rest of the world.

The Hero and other Evo-Bonders are then tasked with surveying the escaped evos in their habitats Capturing and documenting them when possible.

Along the journey the hero will find Many different Evo-Bonders and their Evos who’ve decided to use their powers for a myriad of different purposes of which includes a crime syndicate that has taken the opportunities to take over various towns with their. It is up to the hero to decide what to do, with they join the syndicate and rise to the top, or will they use their power to free the towns of the syndicate’s tyranny.

Game Play~

The Capture System- All Creatures in the game will have the chance to be captured..
In Order to Capture an Evo the hero must first bond with them.

At the start of each battle the player will be prompted with three options: Bond, Fight, Run.

Entering the Bond mode will show the players hero step forward and attempt to bond with the creature. This will be handled by a few different methods. The hero will have a Bonder Lvl which will be separate from their Evos Lvls and will affect the rate in which they will be able to bond with Evos as well as using abilities outside of combat to change different story and world elements (I.E like charming people or intimidating them.)

EvoBonder Ablilties.

Charming - This can be used to lure evos to you, however certain Evos may not be as susceptible to this at first, Along with Charmed evos may grow jealous of others if they get less attention.

Intimidate - This can be used to subdue evos and establish dominance. Intimidated evos may not gain max bond abilities.

Motivate - This can be used to encourage and uplift Evos, this is the simplest way to bond, but gains no extra effects.

Imprison - Uses a restrictive collar to subdue the Evo, This will imprison the evo, but will likely garner a negative attitude towards the hero.

Battle System- The Battle system is a relatively straightforward Turn Based RPG, Elements grant bonus damage against weaknesses ETC.. However the leveling system is a tad different and certain Battle abilities can affect the leveling process.

Devouring attacks- Some attacks have the chance to devour your opponent, which will result in your evo consuming them and gaining certain aspects of what they’ve consumed. Upon successfully consuming a short cutscene will display depicting the act.

(To save years of work, this will likely be handled by a simple vague animation)
https://i.imgur.com/HLAPSB6.png

Leveling and consuming- Each evo has the potential to be whatever element as well as have whatever ability the player desires. This is accomplished by having your evo consume other evos that have the desired traits in hopes that the pass on to the Pred. The player will be allowed to consume NON-Captured evos during battle or have them consume previously captured evos outside of battle. It is possible that the right combination of consumed evos may create a completely new evo entirely.

The Lewd Bits- I would like to see all sorts of lewd content in the game, Story cutscenes, Unlockable cutscenes and more, Some of the ideas i have involve a dating sim like aspect which will occur with NPCs as well a possibly the players Bonded Evos.
For the most part, these are just some of the main concepts i have for this, But there is a bunch more I’ve been toying with, and as this is in its earliest stages I welcome any ideas or suggestions.

Challenges or making the game~

Adult problems - I dont have alot of time these day, From making comics and trying to put out content to earn a living, It's unlikely with will see this game any time soon at the rate im allowed to work on it. I am extremely passionate about this game, but as is, It doesn't really cover the cost of the time i spend on it. I’ve mentioned Possible crowdfunding on this, and that would likely be the path i would have to take to get this game completed. If enough people seem interested in this concept, I will likely look into this further so be sure to let me know if that's the case.

The Engine- Im using RPG maker for this game, Which isn't the greatest platform there is, It works and I’m sure given enough time i could make a great game on it, But there are a vast amount of limitations i see that will slow me down using it for this project. As i will ultimately have to hand code in java my own plugin to get the desired results. It's possible that i may jump to Game Maker if i hit to may bumps in the coding process.

Funding- Yeah, I mentioned it previously, but there really isn't much of a way to get this done without some type of funding. (or at least not in a relevant time frame.) I could likely finish this game within a years time if i could devote myself to it. But at the rate im going without funding it could be much much longer before we see progress if at all.

Music and Sound design- This is a hurdle to say the least, as for the sprite designs, Graphics hud and coding we are good, But Music and sound aren't something im practiced in and these are two very important things that can make or break a game. I could possibly learn how to do the music and sounds, as i have at least looked into it, but that tacks on an entirely new issues to the time frame aspect. I know a few people that could possibly pitch in, but I haven't really reached out yet.

Anyways, I think that about covers the basics, I’ll link below a place to download the Concept game, and some of the assets i've already done.

Download the game here. (Repaired the Files)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vCAOq ... LB-Sute3Mf

Browse assets here.
https://imgur.com/a/EzscuM4

*Added Rant*
APPARENTLY if you check that little box that says Exclude unused files, RPG maker thinks that means Exclude very important files that are ESSENTIAL to make the game run....
Last edited by PedVerse on Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.
PedVerse
New to the forum

Re: Evo Catcher

Postby Farfanuggen » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:05 pm

Everything sounds pretty good.

I'd be interested in seeing the game go places. This is the first type of game I've seen with this idea.
Farfanuggen
Participator

Postby cr63121 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:15 pm

There seems to be a problem when you first start to face an enemy who's about to attack you but instead receive an error function screen.
cr63121
New to the forum

Postby Monopolus » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:10 pm

Sounds like a cool game concept, I'd be interested to see how it goes.

cr63121 wrote:There seems to be a problem when you first start to face an enemy who's about to attack you but instead receive an error function screen.

I'm getting the same.
Monopolus
???

Postby Saraheatsstuff » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:10 pm

Really much potential, this could be amazing, but right now i cant play the game 2 Minutes before getting an error Message.
Hope to see more soon
Saraheatsstuff
New to the forum

Postby blaziken » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:30 pm

mq capture game in vore forum
>_> *look at those picture* the vore happen if ?
blaziken
Been posting for a bit

Postby PedVerse » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:44 am

Saraheatsstuff wrote:Really much potential, this could be amazing, but right now i cant play the game 2 Minutes before getting an error Message.
Hope to see more soon

cr63121 wrote:There seems to be a problem when you first start to face an enemy who's about to attack you but instead receive an error function screen.

Monopolus wrote:Sounds like a cool game concept, I'd be interested to see how it goes.

I'm getting the same.

Thanks guys, I fixed that issue, and added a rant explaining what happened.
PedVerse
New to the forum

Postby tgcidolfus » Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:00 pm

Having played as far as the demo allowed, I would say the concept of the game is solid, and really did like the subclass idea behind each evo, will lead to a large variety of gameplay options (could make balancing a nightmare later) but the concept isn't to bad at all. While I do like that it seems as if you are created all your assets, including world map from scratch, (could be wrong) but would suggest to either use rpgmaker or other tools to make your world to help remove some of the workload. Would only do this if you are proficient with the tools though, as the game could become very daunting to work on otherwise, especially if your going to make a larger world.
tgcidolfus
Participator

Postby Turbotowns » Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:59 pm

This looks super cute, and it sounds like my kind of game, downloading now!
Turbotowns
???

Postby Appo » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:44 pm

I played your concept piece and I'm very enthused by it.

Is your game concept similar to Pokemon? You've got a lot of gameplay elements from there. If so I wonder if you're over ambitious in shooting for something like that. A large portion of the value of Pokemon is the huge variety. I think you're planning to cover this by having variation within Evo's so maybe that can create a sense of exploration.

What is the main drive or reason to play the game? Is it the main story, search for all the different Evo's, challenge of the individual encounters, training of the captured Evo's, or something else?
Appo
Somewhat familiar

Postby PedVerse » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:31 am

Appo wrote:I played your concept piece and I'm very enthused by it.

Is your game concept similar to Pokemon? You've got a lot of gameplay elements from there. If so I wonder if you're over ambitious in shooting for something like that. A large portion of the value of Pokemon is the huge variety. I think you're planning to cover this by having variation within Evo's so maybe that can create a sense of exploration.

What is the main drive or reason to play the game? Is it the main story, search for all the different Evo's, challenge of the individual encounters, training of the captured Evo's, or something else?

Oh yeah, No doubt Pokemon is the main inspiration here, But I'm not trying to clone it, I want a new separate thing that has a similar feel. The main reason for playing the game would differently be similar to Collecting, leveling, and defeating "Dungeons" or "Gyms", But I do want to stress some focus on discovering hidden lewd scenes as well as some dating sim "Like" portions of the game. I'm well aware of how daunting the task at hand seems, that why im going ahead and talking about it now rather then never as it seems unlikely i would be able to do this with out some sort of feed back telling me people are interested in the project.
PedVerse
New to the forum

Postby SquishySofty » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:32 am

With some few hilarious grammar issues, this prototype is actually catch my interest! A rather fun looking adult game to play ❤
Though, i'm very tempting to draw some of the Evo people i like to use. :lol:
Game Developer (With Godot Engine) and Sprite artist/animator ❤
❤ Maria best chunky girl~ ❤
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby PedVerse » Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:31 pm

SilhouettiShine wrote:With some few hilarious grammar issues, this prototype is actually catch my interest! A rather fun looking adult game to play ❤
Though, i'm very tempting to draw some of the Evo people i like to use. :lol:

doit
PedVerse
New to the forum

Postby SquishySofty » Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:51 pm

PedVerse wrote:doit

Okay! :-D
Game Developer (With Godot Engine) and Sprite artist/animator ❤
❤ Maria best chunky girl~ ❤
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Appo » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:30 am

In terms of the original blue/red games are you thinking of an extent of content approximately equivalent to the size of the first two pokemon Gyms? If that's what you're shooting for I think that would be a very fun and contained game.
Appo
Somewhat familiar

Postby VLover552 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:56 am

This game looks like it's going places, deff going to keep an eye on this
VLover552
Participator

Postby Saraheatsstuff » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:46 am

How is the Game Developing going?
Saraheatsstuff
New to the forum

Postby theApolyon » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:06 pm

Nice one, I have hope for future of this, mainly about ofc vore and "upgrading" your monmusu with assets of another. But I had found one bug (i think it's count as bug), you cannot leave all monmusu in your "PC", what is normal, but if you play a bit with it, and leave your basic character there, you are invisible.
theApolyon
Been posting for a bit

Postby Creaturedude » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:10 pm

This game looks like it has a lot of potential! I look forward to seeing where it goes.
Life is really fucking hard. It would be so much simpler if I were ass and tit fat.
Creaturedude
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Grimbug » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:32 pm

Do you still need music?
https://mega.nz/#F!K6JnHaBD!fXjglmTTYEAEtlO1VwNdkQ
Because this is copyright free all you have to do is make sure you put them in the credits or credit equivalent.

I can tell you where to find this and other free sounds/music if you like or I can find it for you, it doesn't take much time and it's really no bother.
Title:Self saboteur & Aspiring pixel artist
Grimbug
Somewhat familiar

Next

Return to Vore game