Looking for help with development of a vore game in Unity

This forum is for people who are hiring artist, writer, animator, various other project for commission. All site rules still apply. Please mark your post completed or delete it once it is done.

Artists recommendation before accepting commission, check for poster reputation. If they don't seem active, new account etc, You should do the following:

1. NEVER do free spec work without payment first...not even simple "test" sketches.
2. ALWAYS have a clear and detail mutual agreement
3. ALWAYS ask for half payment upfront before you do any work at all
4. NEVER send final artwork until you have received final payment
5. Check #blacklist for information on scam related activity in our discord viewtopic.php?f=99&t=55569

Forum rules
This forum is for people who are hiring artist, writer, animator, various other project for commission. All site rules still apply. Please mark your post completed or delete it once it is done.

Artists recommendation before accepting commission, check for poster reputation. If they don't seem active, new account etc, You should do the following:

1. NEVER do free spec work without payment first...not even simple "test" sketches.
2. ALWAYS have a clear and detail mutual agreement
3. ALWAYS ask for half payment upfront before you do any work at all
4. NEVER send final artwork until you have received final payment
5. Check #blacklist for information on scam related activity in our discord viewtopic.php?f=99&t=55569

Looking for help with development of a vore game in Unity

Postby yderoV » Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:25 am

Hi all, please forgive my mistake if I should be posting in the commission forum as this post is more akin to that nature. I thought I would have more success here though being what this forum is designed for.

I've been working on a 3D Turn-Based Vore RPG in the Unity engine for a while now, and have succeeded in prototyping some basic principles such as moving around an environment, basic NPC interactions and conversations, basic quests etc. The core gameplay would revolve around exploring areas for monsters to defeat in combat and helping others(or not!). These monsters could be lesser mobs that roam areas you visit, or have story significance that requires more in depth gameplay to battle and defeat, such as speech checks or certain items. Once in battle, it follows turn based combat closely, but with a catch - anyone in your party can be swallowed and digested!

Here's the setting - In a fantasy medieval world, the populous struggles against a world filled with monsters ready to swallow you whole at any turn. Due to such a short lifespan of humans, orphanages have been converted into training grounds for young warriors, who become trained in the arts to hunt and defeat these monsters. Once they come of age and pass the final trial, they are released into the wild with a duty to protect all innocents from being devoured. You are one such member of an orphanage, and despite being of age, you and your friend "Greg" cannot pass the required trials. From frustration of repeated failures, you both attempt to escape the orphanage at night. To do so, you will have to steal the key from the Matriarch, the woman who oversees the orphanage proceedings. After a risky escape, you and Greg are free to roam the world. They will soon find out that perhaps escaping without formal training wasn't such a bright Idea, and return is no longer an option. Can you survive the the world full of monsters, monster girls, and other mythical creatures and bring an end to the Age of Vore?

Unfortunately, my background knowledge of Unity and C# is not very extensive and is tripping me up a lot in creating a turn based combat system. My goal was to create a dynamic system where in combat your party has a limited amount of stamina per battle, and separate health values. During each battle, a foe can target health or stamina with different attacks at random. If a party member's stamina falls below a certain threshold, they can then be swallowed by the enemy and enter the "swallowed" state. Where instead of being able to attack, they can struggle against the predator on their turn. Struggling enough will allow the character to break free, but that would be up to the player if they really wanted to :D The rest of the combat is fairly normal for a turn based system. If your character runs out of HP, you lose. If the enemy does, you win. While a fair amount of the basic combat has been implemented, its when it becomes more advanced that I seem to falter and there is sparse documentation available specific for what I'm trying to achieve(or I'm just looking in the wrong places). While I love creating characters, environments, stories, quests etc, the real hardcore coding stuff is something I significantly struggle with. In it's current state, I can't wrap my head round where I'm going wrong, what to research and were to go to source more information that is relevant to what I'm trying to achieve. And it's not like I can just ask on Unity forum's "How do I change my succubus enemy to have a belly morphs like she's swallowed someone after her turn?'' :gulp:

What I'm looking for is someone with more experience with Unity/C# to either help guide me in the right direction, or aid in the software development side of the turn based system, just to get it to where I would like it to be. If you have some knowledge in these and would like to help, please contact me here via PM or message me on discord Voredy@4947 so we can chat further in depth. Of course, if you are interested and we work together, you will be compensated for your time and assistance. Thanks for taking the time to read and I hope to hear from you. I've attached some screenshots to give you an idea on the current state of the game.
Attachments
vrpg1.PNG
Vrpg2.PNG
yderoV
Been posting for a bit

Re: Looking for help with development of a vore game in Unit

Postby Xethoner » Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:38 pm

Sorry first of i never did anything with unity or C so i cant program. ANYWAY.
I think might be able to help tho since im a medium poficient with blender, i think i could design meshes (as long they arent human, which would require the help of an advanced sculptor.) I might even do some animations. But i dont know how good the import export from blender to unity is. Currently im trying to help mod skyrim and the import and export is a nightmare, which also means a much reduced workflow. If i help keep in mind, im studying so i wont be allways active and i just might dissapear thoughout your project, as soon as any problems with my study arises since is realy important to me.
Xethoner
Been posting for a bit

Postby NightRoller » Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:57 pm

I'm just starting to look at C#, so this is of interest to me as well.
We live in a culture of addictions. What's yours?
NightRoller
Somewhat familiar

Postby PhantomOfMars » Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:14 am

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread. I'm a terrible programmer, but I am willing to help any way I can. I'm very good at game design? IDK. I'll be here, looking out for ways to assist.
PhantomOfMars
Somewhat familiar

Postby unit72 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:28 pm

The simplest way to make that combat system is probably using coroutines. Coroutines can represent a continuous action that does not block the main program and you write them almost the same way as you write normal code. You can make the both the entire battle and separate actions coroutines. There are functions to start coroutines, stop coroutines, wait for some time or for other coroutine to finish etc. I've searched for "c# unity turn-based combat" and found some results:
https://forum.unity.com/threads/need-he ... em.329075/
https://answers.unity.com/questions/310 ... ystem.html
IMHO these are far from perfect but I don't have enough time to write a good turn-based combat example. Ask more questions when you get stuck.
unit72
Been posting for a bit

Return to Hiring for commission