[CLOSED] Seeking 3D/Render artist for commission

This forum is for people who are hiring artist, writer, animator, various other project for commission. All site rules still apply. Please mark your post completed or delete it once it is done.

Artists recommendation before accepting commission, check for poster reputation. If they don't seem active, new account etc, You should do the following:

1. NEVER do free spec work without payment first...not even simple "test" sketches.
2. ALWAYS have a clear and detail mutual agreement
3. ALWAYS ask for half payment upfront before you do any work at all
4. NEVER send final artwork until you have received final payment
5. Check #blacklist for information on scam related activity in our discord viewtopic.php?f=99&t=55569

Forum rules
This forum is for people who are hiring artist, writer, animator, various other project for commission. All site rules still apply. Please mark your post completed or delete it once it is done.

Artists recommendation before accepting commission, check for poster reputation. If they don't seem active, new account etc, You should do the following:

1. NEVER do free spec work without payment first...not even simple "test" sketches.
2. ALWAYS have a clear and detail mutual agreement
3. ALWAYS ask for half payment upfront before you do any work at all
4. NEVER send final artwork until you have received final payment
5. Check #blacklist for information on scam related activity in our discord viewtopic.php?f=99&t=55569

[CLOSED] Seeking 3D/Render artist for commission

Postby VoreGloreX4 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:25 pm

This ad is closed for now because I've received several offers and have began setting up some commissions, so it will not be reopened till I have need of new renders. Also closed because the replies within the thread have been off topic and confusing my requests for artists that use simple programs like Daz as a hobby with full-time render professionals using intensive programs meant for creating video game characters or CGI for movies. I'm not looking for the latter, I'm looking for cheap, easy to create fetish content.

As the title says, I'm seeking a talented 3D or render artist to commission. Daz, Blender, SFM, even Honey Select, I don't care what programs you use so long as it looks good and if you can make the kind of characters I'd want, or if the right models exist in SFM. It will all be human characters, but with a good deal of curves, and the content will be giantess and can involve any one or combo of anal vore, or oral vore, and/or full tour if you can do internals, which I'm willing to pay extra for.

I'm willing to spend upwards of $50-80 for a comic, and $10-20 for single images, or more depending on complexity and character creation. I’m quite open to negotiation, these prices ranges aren’t set in stone for me. For anyone that does contact me, please link some of your art, and we can hopefully come to a deal.

DM me here if you're interested.

Edit: I would prefer that this ad doesn’t become an off topic discussion, it’s meant to be an ad and not anything more. If you’re an artist that’s interested, just please DM me and we can discuss matters.
Last edited by VoreGloreX4 on Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:02 am, edited 4 times in total.
VoreGloreX4
New to the forum

Re: Seeking 3D/Render artist for commission

Postby Bigfatpiggy » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:20 pm

I kind've suspect you aren't going to get what you're looking for at that price. The actual creation of the character models, rigging, texturing etc. takes a damn long time. It's not unheard of for a single character model to be around $100+ to just create one. If you're looking for comics with pre-existing models, you might have an easier time.
Bigfatpiggy
Somewhat familiar

Postby VoreGloreX4 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:20 pm

Bigfatpiggy wrote:I kind've suspect you aren't going to get what you're looking for at that price. The actual creation of the character models, rigging, texturing etc. takes a damn long time. It's not unheard of for a single character model to be around $100+ to just create one. If you're looking for comics with pre-existing models, you might have an easier time.

I've gotten render commissions from 10+ different render artists in the past. The usual price from 2 of them was $10-15 for a 2 character single image commission. I've gotten a 2 page comic for $50 from one artist, and one page comics for a lesser price from several others. A high quality render with 2 characters cost me $25-30 from the best artist I could find before. The highest I've ever paid for a single image render was close to $50. Nearly all of these involved creating original models. I'm not certain who has charged over $100 for just a single character model, but that's a rip compared to pretty much every artist I've ever consulted with, including ones that have already contacted me.
VoreGloreX4
New to the forum

Postby curiousss » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:46 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghQNQNzFmT4
It's a shame other people are underselling their stuff, but that doesn't change the industry standard... :|
curiousss
Been posting for a bit

Postby MenchiCutlets » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:34 am

To clarify, are you asking someone to actually model new characters from scratch or are you talking about someone taking premade characters and such like those within Daz to make into a comic scene thing?
MenchiCutlets
Been posting for a bit

Postby VoreGloreX4 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:26 am

MenchiCutlets wrote:To clarify, are you asking someone to actually model new characters from scratch or are you talking about someone taking premade characters and such like those within Daz to make into a comic scene thing?

It doesn’t have to be completely from scratch, modifying premade models such as those that Daz offers is quite fine. With something like SFM, using the characters available there is also fine so long as the models allow for vore related content. It doesn’t have to be a comic either, single image is good also.
VoreGloreX4
New to the forum

Postby StarlingJay » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:51 am

curiousss wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghQNQNzFmT4
It's a shame other people are underselling their stuff, but that doesn't change the industry standard... :|

Thanks for posting this! It was informative.
StarlingJay
New to the forum

Postby Mad51 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:26 am

I have to agree - LOW level - starting artist or artist who are using "not great" 3D software might charge that for a shitty edited model. But the starting rate is closer to $150, mid level $300 and actually, professionals charge nearly $800 per character. Some people differ if there is style, or rigging involved but yeah 10-20$ is unheard of. And if you found people willing to do it for that then either the quality is simply not there at all, they are students, or you hit the jackpot and should ask them again.
Mad51
Participator

Postby VoreGloreX4 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:43 pm

I feel like there may have been a minor misunderstanding here in regards to what kind of a render commission I'm actually looking for. I'm not seeking a professional that does this as a job using 3D Maya or Blender to build a completely new, complex character model from the ground up and model details down to the skin pores. Models in a program like SFM are typically free, and some models such as those made by Lord Aardvark are easy to manipulate and use for this kind of content. With Daz, if you have the right assets already certain types of models are not that difficult nor time consuming to create.

I don't know if they'd be considered low caliber and lacking in quality (certainly not by my standards), but these are some previous artists I've commissioned or gotten price quotes from that I've based my expected prices on:
https://www.deviantart.com/dinner-kun (https://www.deviantart.com/dinner-kun/a ... -661365113)
https://www.deviantart.com/madamemaeve
https://www.deviantart.com/jetslasher ($50)
https://www.deviantart.com/the-evolluisionist ($50)
https://aryion.com/g4/user/CrazedCultist (https://aryion.com/g4/userpage.commissi ... zedCultist)
https://aryion.com/g4/user/darkflame8 (https://aryion.com/g4/userpage.commissi ... darkflame8)
VoreGloreX4
New to the forum

Postby Xaxtern » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:45 pm

I'm pretty sure my friend isn't asking for James Cameron's Avatar level of quality 3D renders. I'm fully understanding of paying high money for top quality material. But I've also found several people that won't even charge over a hundred or even half that for 3D renders due to how easy it supposedly is for them to edit.

Whatever program people use though or how long they've learned, it's also dependent on the person. Spending $300 to $800 on one character seems pretty outrageous, especially if it's just a naked person. $800 sounds like the amount I spent on a bunch of hand drawn single characters I commissioned last year. Sorry if I'm ignorant to the whole thing, but I just cannot imagine anyone upcharging anything over a few hundred dollars to make one character, no clothes/jewerly/prosthetics/etc.
Xaxtern
New to the forum

Postby CrazedCultist » Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:37 pm

A lot of people in this thread seem to be confusing Render Artists with Model Artists, Making a character in software like Daz Studio and Poser is piss easy since you are given the assets to start from.
A Model Artist makes the model from scratch. A Render Artist is more like a 3D Photographer, you use premade or edited assets to make a scene that you then Render.

Yes a Model Artist can also Render, but you would tend to ask for a Model Artist/Modeller if you want a proper from scratch character creation.
CrazedCultist
Somewhat familiar

Postby VoreGloreX4 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:57 pm

CrazedCultist wrote:A lot of people in this thread seem to be confusing Render Artists with Model Artists, Making a character in software like Daz Studio and Poser is piss easy since you are given the assets to start from.
A Model Artist makes the model from scratch. A Render Artist is more like a 3D Photographer, you use premade or edited assets to make a scene that you then Render.

Yes a Model Artist can also Render, but you would tend to ask for a Model Artist/Modeller if you want a proper from scratch character creation.

Thank you for clarifying this for people. I am seeking render artists, as they are the kind of 3D artists I've commissioned before and am basing my expectations off of. I am not seeking model artists, that is well beyond the scope of my needs and budget. When I say making a character, my expectations are based on the kind of characters that someone could make with Daz or Poser, and not a completely from scratch character that would take an extreme amount of time and talent to create.
VoreGloreX4
New to the forum

Postby CakeInferno » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:11 pm

Xaxtern wrote:Whatever program people use though or how long they've learned, it's also dependent on the person. Spending $300 to $800 on one character seems pretty outrageous, especially if it's just a naked person. $800 sounds like the amount I spent on a bunch of hand drawn single characters I commissioned last year. Sorry if I'm ignorant to the whole thing, but I just cannot imagine anyone upcharging anything over a few hundred dollars to make one character, no clothes/jewerly/prosthetics/etc.

There's entire industries for these artists that already pay them extremely well. Experienced character modellers in the film/game industry can turn around up to $8.000/Month, depending on the company they work for. The creation of these actors is one of the most important steps in any sort of 3D-based medium since they're creating assets that will be used for the entire production. Even in indie projects these positions are usually well paid since there's always a high demand for these artists.
3D art with one-dimensional characters - https://aryion.com/g4/user/CakeInferno
Overpaid but undersexed - https://www.patreon.com/CakeInferno
CakeInferno
Somewhat familiar

Return to Hiring for commission