Long term project - $750/month - Fallout: Guts and Glory

This forum is for people who are hiring artist, writer, animator, various other project for commission. All site rules still apply. Please mark your post completed or delete it once it is done.

Artists recommendation before accepting commission, check for poster reputation. If they don't seem active, new account etc, You should do the following:

1. NEVER do free spec work without payment first...not even simple "test" sketches.
2. ALWAYS have a clear and detail mutual agreement
3. ALWAYS ask for half payment upfront before you do any work at all
4. NEVER send final artwork until you have received final payment
5. Check #blacklist for information on scam related activity in our discord viewtopic.php?f=99&t=55569

Forum rules
This forum is for people who are hiring artist, writer, animator, various other project for commission. All site rules still apply. Please mark your post completed or delete it once it is done.

Artists recommendation before accepting commission, check for poster reputation. If they don't seem active, new account etc, You should do the following:

1. NEVER do free spec work without payment first...not even simple "test" sketches.
2. ALWAYS have a clear and detail mutual agreement
3. ALWAYS ask for half payment upfront before you do any work at all
4. NEVER send final artwork until you have received final payment
5. Check #blacklist for information on scam related activity in our discord viewtopic.php?f=99&t=55569

Long term project - $750/month - Fallout: Guts and Glory

Postby Aces » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:43 pm

Are you interested in making up to $750 USD a month for like a year? Maybe longer. Maybe even more money than that if you think you can keep up with demand. There's a lot to read, but you may find it well worth it.

This listing is currently active.
If this listing is inactive, then I do not have the incoming funds to hire an additional artist. However, if you are interested for the future, contact me anyway.

You may be familiar with my Fallout: Guts and Glory novel, and the accompanying comic series that goes with it. I am seeking more artists to get the project done a little faster, or else it's literally going to take a decade at this rate.

I currently have several artists working for me. I am always looking for more. Artists who have that have a good balance of price, quality, and turn-out speed are most desirable. This is an ambitious project that still needs more hands helping it along. The community has been generous enough to fund this, and so it's up to me to organize and see it through.

The ideal candidate:
  • You must be ready to commit to at least one whole chapter (usually 10-20 pages), or I will not consider re-hiring you. The current schedule is roughly 4-5 comic pages a month, which works out to roughly 1 finished comic page each week. An entire comic can take several months, but can net an artist several thousand dollars in pay by the time it's finished.
  • If you cannot meet this deadline for any reason, let me know in advance. If you cannot finish 5 pages in the span of one month but still want to work for me, we can try to discuss terms.
  • Paypal is required. I will not conduct business through gift cards or steam games or other weird practices. Direct deposit is also not an option. Paypal only. Not only do I need buyer protection to prevent fraud, I also have taxes to pay for this and I can't be doing shady shit that makes the IRS come after me. Seriously. That's how much money is on the line.
  • Payment is negotiable! I am currently willing to pay up to $150 per page at this time. Offering work for less will make you more desirable over other candidates, but please don't undercut just to get the job. I'd rather pay a what an artist thinks they are worth instead of burning them out. However, if you think that amount is too little, but you'd otherwise be willing to do this project, contact me anyway saying straight out that the project interests you but the money isn't enough and just show me your prior work so I know what kind of quality I'd be getting for more money. If I like what I see, then it might be time to raise my budget again.
  • Paypal fees and taxes must be factored into your price. Keep in mind that I have no knowledge of what fees Paypal charges you or what your local taxes are. That's up to you to figure out and factor into the price that you give me. Charging me multiple times for the same thing also screws up my records, so I won't do it. If you screw up the pricing, refund me, and we'll do it again. I won't go over my maximum budget, however.
  • You must have a Discord account. This is so we can stay in touch and you can show unfinished pages to the Discord #VIP room, and so I can make requests to alter things as the work progresses.
  • Experienced artists only. If you have never done comic commissions before and have no idea what they should cost, I don't want my audition to be the way you find out that you're not up to doing comics. That has happened several times now. Artists with no galleries to show me will not be considered for audition.
  • You must have flexible vore preferences. Story contains M/F and F/M vore, plus a little F/F and M/M (I think?) here and there. There is mostly oral vore and occasional anal vore, plus at least one instance of unbirthing. If you are especially uncomfortable with anything in a script, please notify me before starting work. I will happily assign you a different chapter so you don't have to do that content.

How it works:
  • With each comic issue, I will give the artist a script for the whole issue, and every 30 days I will expect 5 pages of that comic to be completed. Please, don't be afraid to ask for more time or compensation if I ask you to change something that wasn't in the script I gave you, or it was poorly explained, or a background was excessively detailed and demands more work. It happens.
  • If you have criticisms about the script, I'm open to input as long as the original story stays intact. On many occasions I've changed details about the scene because the artist felt that my original vision just looked bad and they brought it up with me. At the end of the day, I prefer to trust the artist usually.
  • A "page" just means six panels of content. That content can be arranged to your liking unless it's specifically stated otherwise in the script. Sometimes the 6-panel-comic format just looks bad, or doesn't provide enough freedom for the artist. So if you want to split a 6 panel page into a pair of 3 panel pages, just ask me!
  • If five pages in one month is too much for you, talk to me about it. We can make that amount be less if we have to, I just have to be able to schedule around it.
  • If you find that you're probably not going to meet your deadline, talk to me so I know about it.
  • I ask (but not demand) that you post your work-in-progress in the #VIP channel of my Discord. At the very least, share your progress with me directly so I know it's being worked on and can ask corrections where necessary.
  • You must not post the art in a public gallery until it's published in mine unless I make an exception for you in advance (so ask me if you want to waive this rule). You may however post to Patreon or other private galleries without restrictions, including sharing to friends or in chatrooms or whatever. Streaming work is also allowed without restrictions, and I actively encourage it, even for content that hasn't been released yet. (I love seeing people stream and would never want to stifle that.) However you might share the work, just please link my Patreon page so that other people know where to find more.

Pages are usually 6 tile long comics, black and white with at least simple shading. Think of how most mangas and cheap comics are done. Payment can be in advance, or after completion of each 5 pages as long as the deadlines are met. If you repeatedly fail to meet deadlines without prior notice, I will stop offering payment in advance, and might also stop hiring you altogether. If life gets in the way or you have other obligations, at least tell me what's going on so I know you won't be available. I need to forward that information to my patrons so they know why their payments aren't resulting in comics on time.

For every serious applicant, I will pay you to do a single comic page as an audition at whatever rate you charge for commissions of that type.
Note that the posting restrictions above don't apply to auditions, so you may share it however you want. You don't even have to link to my gallery or patreon, although I do appreciate it if you do. Your art will be submitted to my Patreon users to discuss, and if they like you, then you will become our next artist whenever we have the extra funds for it. I do tell them how much you cost, so keep that in mind. Cheaper artists are always preferred if the quality is comparable between them. My patrons are the ones ultimately paying for your work, and if they do not feel that your price aligns with your quality, or that another applicant can offer similar quality for less, you won't be hired. I'm just the curator of this project and do not currently pocket the money for myself, and will not be doing so unless we finish the whole thing and happen to have a little extra left over. I might also possibly post your audition here in my gallery, so you must be okay with me doing that. (You can post the audition in your own gallery too obviously.)

I pay auditions on completion, and auditions aren't subject to any corrections or feedback from me, so even if the final product isn't good enough for me to use, I will still pay up. You get one week to do it. Once you are done, you send me the invoice, I pay you, and then you can send me the finished audition. That way neither of us can get screwed. Future work can be done paid in advance, or paid on completion. That's your choice. Most artists like pay in advance normally. Others are better motivated by pay on completion.

If you are interested in doing an audition, contact me in PMs. Discord is okay too but I prefer PMs for the first contact. If you reply to this thread, I won't respond.

Do not solicit an audition unless you are prepared to do a full comic if your audition is approved.
A lot of people are taking advantage of what is basically a guaranteed commission from me where they can draw almost whatever they want, so it's like free money. From now on, if you want an audition, then it's reasonable for me to expect that you are auditioning so you can do a full set of comic pages in the future. So if you do an audition, you get accepted as an artist, and then you just disappear on me, here's what will happen: I will open a dispute on Paypal accusing you of not completing work, delete your audition from my galleries, DMCA anyplace you've posted my characters in your galleries, and probably say a lot of rude things about you to my patrons. As you can plainly tell, I've been immensely frustrated by the people who have done this kind of scummy thing either on purpose or by accident. I therefore apologize for my sharp tone on the matter. If something comes up and you can't participate, then refund my audition payment willingly and you'll be allowed to return if and when you're ready to work on bigger stuff in the future. Bonus is that I won't DMCA anything either, and I'll give your audition payment back as well once you're ready to begin work on the full project. On the contrary, if you audition and you just don't hear from me for an entire month and decide to take on other projects, that's my fault; not yours. You won't be punished for that. Likewise, if I reject your audition, I'm not going to ask for a refund. That would be stupid.

I manage funding through Patreon and distribute it to the artists involved. Money is not the big issue; it's getting artists willing to commit to the deadline that's difficult. If you accept this work, I promise it will be very consistent income.
Last edited by Aces on Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:01 pm, edited 88 times in total.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Fallout: Guts and Glory comic artists wanted!

Postby Aces » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:30 pm

This offer is still open even if I have chosen other artists!
Last edited by Aces on Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby AlimentaryArtist » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:56 pm

Hey, currently looking for commission work, details on pricing can be found here (https://aryion.com/g4/view/535147) of course I'd be willing to be a little flexible on the payments for a longer project although these are already on the lower end. I can also do other styles if that's required. You can PM me to exchange info if you'd like.
AlimentaryArtist
Somewhat familiar

Postby galaxyinfinitum » Fri May 21, 2021 5:07 pm

I have done comics in the past, and I've worked on 2 visual novel games. I'm fine with deadlines, but I do have a chronic fatigue illness that sometimes knocks me down for the count for a few days. However I can tell you if this happens. I don't have any refs for my comics up in my Eka's gallery but I can send you them privately. Base price per comic page is usually $100 depending on the content (For a longterm job like this where multiple pages are needed per month I'd be happy to keep it at that base $100 price though) and I do have a discord and all that other business :}
galaxyinfinitum
New to the forum

Postby Aces » Fri May 21, 2021 5:24 pm

Updated information for this post.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Coalyard » Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:40 am

PM'd you (or atleast tried ._.)
Huh?
Coalyard
Somewhat familiar

Re: Long term comic project - Fallout: Guts and Glory

Postby Aces » Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:57 pm

I've slightly updated some things based on my experience now of doing this for a few years.

Most importantly, I will no longer accept applicants for audition who want to be paid in advance unless they are an artist who has been on this platform for some time already.

To be clear, this only applies to auditions. Not actual comic work. Here's why.

If it takes you longer than a week to do a 6 panel uncolored comic, the work rate is already too slow for me to accept. Some people just don't work that fast. Nothing wrong with it. I have other paid work they can do instead that isn't so time sensitive. But, I realized it doesn't make sense to keep paying for auditions that are getting rejected by default.

I will still do payment up front for sets of actual comic pages, but that's for people who've already passed the audition or are doing other work for me. Most of the artists I've worked with in the past prefer payment at the start of the month rather than when they are finished work, and I'm totally cool with that.

Also, to be clear, just because I don't like an audition doesn't mean I won't pay for it, nor will I turn around to demand refunds. If you did the work, you get paid. No ifs, ands, or buts. So don't worry about it. I know the risk I take and sometimes it doesn't work out. No big deal.

Last bumped by Aces on Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:57 pm.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Return to Hiring for commission