[Semi-offtopic] Komaru's Vore Builds

Forum for our dedicated Vore themed Minecraft server, more details [url=https://aryion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=43179]here[/url]

Moderator: Vorecraft

[Semi-offtopic] Komaru's Vore Builds

Postby komaru » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:00 pm

To pre-face this, I know this is sort of offtopic, but considering it's still vorish-ly related to minecraft, as well as a continuation of the project that I began on the server, I figured this would be a fitting place for it, but if it's felt that's it's a little too separate from the vorecraft server discussion, by all means have it moved to the Vore Game, or Work to be Shared sections!

Hey all! I'm Komaru, I'm sure some of you who have been on the server for a while will remember me, and my old builds. To those that are newer to the server or don't remember me, I was on the vorecraft server when it first opened up, and since that time, got myself involved with trying to create vorish builds using redstone and command blocks to kind of add some interactivity to them beyond just exploring the creature's insides. If you've used/seen the handful of pokemon in the art world near the big black tower, they're mine (minus the Charizard, which just happens to be located nearby)!

Well, I've come back after a long (~13 month) hiatus due to real life issues, after after a couple of days of consideration, I have decided to take my Art World builds and really try to expand on them in a Single Player setting. With my new schedule for one, it's much harder for me to sit down for the better part of a day and work on builds the way I did in the past, so this lets me just kind of chip away at the project when I have time. For two, I'm looking forward to the freedom of space provided in a Single Player map, I won't need to worry about some of the size constraints I do now. And finally, and the part I think is the greatest perk of this, is the ability to try a couple of basic mods to enhance my builds a bit; which leads to my kind of opening the floor:

I'm trying to keep the mod load as light as I can while still adding something to the experience.
Notably for now, I'm looking at a mod that allows "diagonal half-blocks", to literally smooth out some rough edges and something that allows the ability to crawl through paths that are only one block high to allow for smaller, "tighter" feeling guts.
I'm also looking for opinions, as I want to add something to increase the number of block types available, most notably, I would love if anyone had suggestions on a mod that offers some blocks that look a little more "organic" for things like stomachs, rather than just the same old pink/red wool/clay.

Will update this post and thread as I finish builds! I hope to see you all online! --Komaru
komaru
???

Re: [Semi-offtopic] Komaru's Vore Builds

Postby guest0007 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:05 am

hay komaru, nice to hear from you agen after so long, missed you after so long on the server and while I cant think of anything about smooth slopes for any Minecraft mods that are available for something that looks organic, there's always texture packs that you can fined if nothing turns up, via making one etc.. and I hope it turns out well for you... oh wait I remember this mod that let you build sort of 'frames' for blocks and doors and such, its popularly used in mod packs but you can add a material to it and it makes the block out of that material and has more shapes that you can use to build like slopes I think, its a good place to start I cant remember what its name is but its popular in modpacks and I've seen youtubers use it a lot hope that helps!

PS: pity I wont be able to see any new builds from you on the server, but I'm glad to hear from you after all this time

Kessho

quick edit: a mod called Smart Moving lets you crawl and a few other things if that works for you
guest0007
New to the forum

Postby komaru » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:43 pm

Hey Kessho!

Yeah, Smart Moving was the one I was looking at, although it's quite a few builds behind. The slopes was a bust, so I'm kind of considering just making it as vanilla as possible, that way it wouldn't need any special mods to run, save people some hassle, hopefully.
komaru
???

Postby Cygni » Thu May 11, 2017 6:32 pm

Hey, sorry if I'm late to the party, but Smart Moving will give you the ability to crawl (as was mentioned) and Carpenter's Blocks will give you sloped and diagonal blocks to use. If you want to get fancy, MinePainter can be used for a LOT more fine detail, but it can have an impact of server performance.
Cygni
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby guest0007 » Thu May 11, 2017 8:26 pm

That's what I was trying to remember that had the slopes! carpenters yea I remember it from a few modpacks I used to use. lets you make doors, blocks etc out of any material you can get you're hands on, modded or not in some cases.
guest0007
New to the forum

Postby Reff » Sat May 13, 2017 7:30 am

We dont use serverside mods. As this keeps people from playing on the server.
~Reffy on VoreCraft~

Join us! Build a house, get eaten.. or eat others! (or both! x3)

viewtopic.php?f=98&t=43179
Reff
Been posting for a bit

Postby MariAquaria » Sat May 13, 2017 7:58 am

Reff wrote:We dont use serverside mods. As this keeps people from playing on the server.

This doesn't particularly pertain to the server. More about what mods Komaru can use to make his own old vore builds that he made in the server, as well as new ones better and all in single player, and then let other people download the map files with these mods to at least view them.
MariAquaria
Somewhat familiar

Return to Vorecraft