Rule for the Safe vore forum!

Formerly called "Extra softvore". Which imply vore that are generally safe. In additional for this particular form, we accept worksafe only material, that means no violent and no sexual contain allowed here. See forum's sticky before posting please!
Forum rules
Cause of this section. See here

Formerly called "Extra softvore". Which imply vore that are generally safe. In additional for this particular form, we accept worksafe only material, that means no violent and no sexual contain (ie. No blood, no scat, no digestion, etc) allowed here. See forum's sticky before posting please!

Read them in detail here

Okay here we go

Postby Deathworks » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:01 am

Hi!

First of all, about the copyright rule. Unless there is any argument against the suggestion supported by both Ciriun and me, I will add that rule to the rules for the subsection.

Secondly, there is another issue I want to adress in this thread here: Etiquette

This subsection was originally created to be protective and encouraging for those who feel unsecure or unsure whether they are welcome in the vore communities because of the gentle nature of their vore preferences. It is a place for those, who have felt that the vore communities can be quite harsh at times. And it is a place of those who are still struggling with what they are and what we are.

In short, this a place that was meant to help and encourage the weak soft vore members of the vore community.

In this context, it may seem necessary to request participants in the discussions in this subsection to abide by a stricter code of etiquette than in the rest of the forums. This is not so as to harass people but rather in respond to the fact that this subsection is also meant to appear welcoming and friendly to insecure and new members of the vore community.

I simply find it hard to imagine seeing someone taking someone else mercilessly apart using the cold steel of straight and unyielding argument to be perceived as warm and welcoming. Instead, I am afraid that such incidents may cause people to say "I knew it, this is not a place for me/".

Please understand me correctly, people are allowed to have their opinions and are free to express them. I don't expect people to lie, but I would rather see them pay a little bit of attention how they phrase things. I don't think that misunderstandings are really helpful for the communities.

As usual, your thoughts and opinions on this issue are welcome.

Deathworks
Deathworks
Innocence and Cuteness!

Re: Okay here we go

Postby CruelAngel » Sun May 06, 2007 4:27 pm

Why do I have this horribly evil urge to laugh right now?
CruelAngel
Participator

Postby Eidolon » Sun May 06, 2007 9:43 pm

Etiquette is a basic assumption all across this site's forums. It is due to all users, for obvious reasons.

I suppose, for me specifically, I fail to see why this section requires stricter standards than anywhere else. Extrasoft vores are not the only people who are sensitive; they are not the only people who feel marginalized and in the minority, and they are not the only people who struggle with who and what they are. Extra soft vore is one type of vore, one set of preferences, just like any other, and it is not correct to assume that just because someone likes less 'gentle' vore that they are a less sensitive or vulnerable person, and likewise vice versa, any more than someone who likes violent and cruel vore is an inherently more violent or cruel person. In short, this is conflating preference with nature.

One person's thoughts and opinions on the subject.
-Toric Eidolon
Eidolon
Intermediate Vorarephile

Location: noun. 1: A situation, place, or locality. 2: The act of locating.

Postby Axora » Mon May 07, 2007 10:07 am

Eidolon wrote:Etiquette is a basic assumption all across this site's forums. It is due to all users, for obvious reasons.

I suppose, for me specifically, I fail to see why this section requires stricter standards than anywhere else. Extrasoft vores are not the only people who are sensitive; they are not the only people who feel marginalized and in the minority, and they are not the only people who struggle with who and what they are. Extra soft vore is one type of vore, one set of preferences, just like any other, and it is not correct to assume that just because someone likes less 'gentle' vore that they are a less sensitive or vulnerable person, and likewise vice versa, any more than someone who likes violent and cruel vore is an inherently more violent or cruel person. In short, this is conflating preference with nature.

One person's thoughts and opinions on the subject.

I suppose the assumption is that "normal" users prefer "harder" and more natural stuff (digestion, death, sometimes scat) whereas the more sensitive users gravitate to sections like this

not saying I agree with that logic, but its the explanation that I can think of
Ahh! Communism, my favorite technology-Abraham Lincoln, Civilization Revolution
Axora
Advanced Vorarephile

Thank you

Postby Deathworks » Mon May 07, 2007 10:42 am

Hi!

Thank you all for taking interest in this discussion.

CruelAngel: I am sorry to say this, but as your post stands right now, I can't really contribute much meaning to it. It would be very nice if you could elaborate on your opinion.

Eidolon and Axora: Well, my reasons for considering the necessity of stricter netiquette are two-fault:

1. Some of the comments about the extra-soft vore section people have made, suggested that it would make a good welcome/newbie section because of its limitations on possibly offensive material. In that regard, I figure it may be a good idea to be a bit stricter here so as to make it easier for newbies to feel at home here - and to get them used to the idea that we do have netiquette here.

2. In some of the comments members have made surrounding this section, I have had the impression that persons with preferences that are exclusively within the boundaries of this section sometimes have been given the impression of not being accepted by others because of the seeming contradictions: You are visiting a fetish site and then whine about nudity?

Anyhow, these are just my thoughts and I am very much interested in hearing what other people think about this.

Deathworks
Deathworks
Innocence and Cuteness!

Re: Thank you

Postby Eidolon » Mon May 07, 2007 3:31 pm

It still seems to me that you're lumping together a few things that aren't really related.

Why would newbies to this site need extra restrictions on offensive material? If someone doesn't like offensive material, do they start liking it once they're not a newbie? I don't think they do. 'People who are newbies' and 'People who are put off by the appearance of offensive material' are two entirely different sets of people that only overlap in the same way that other sets of people overlap. If a newbie happens to be into extrasoft as opposed to other vore, then yes, this is the section they'd be expected to go to, but if their preferences do not point to extrasoft vore, why would this be the 'newbie section' for them? As for whether or not a newbie or extra-netiquette section is a good idea... That's a more complicated question that I don't have an opinion on just now, but if such a section is called for, to me personally it makes no sense that it would be restricted to the domain of any given vore-preference, extrasoft or otherwise.

The second of your two-fold points is something I've seen too, and you're completely right that it's important to deal with that. However, I think that just the existence of this section works toward solving that problem. When they have a section composed of people of like mind, I would think it would be self-evident that there is a place in the community for them.

My major point I guess is this. Within your post, you really identify four groups of people: (Extra-soft vore fans), (newbies), (people who are upset by offensive material), and (people who are delicate/vulnerable and so need the protection of 'more netiquette'). However, only two of these groups are correlated: extra-soft vore fans, and people who are upset by offensive material. Whether or not a person is a newbie has nothing to do with those, so far as I can tell, and there are plenty of people who are 'delicate' that don't fit into any of the other groups either.

That said, best of luck in your continued efforts to make this section as accomodating to its users as possible.
-Toric Eidolon
Eidolon
Intermediate Vorarephile

Location: noun. 1: A situation, place, or locality. 2: The act of locating.

Re: I hope for Ciriun's opinion as well

Postby kitsun3chao » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:48 pm

i think it's a great idea, because not all of users prefer nudity as major in vore :3
kitsun3chao
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Deathworks » Sat May 31, 2008 3:11 pm

Hi!

I know I have not been supporting this section the way I should have. And I can only say that I am honestly sorry about this.

Secondly, as people may guess, if I post in this particular thread, my mind has come up with a thought many people may feel uneasy about. Anyhow, here goes:

I was thinking that now that site policy is being cleared up with very decisive action, this section should also ensure that there are fewer ambiguities. What I am thinking about is the real life photo thread where we currently allow real life animal photos to be shared. After some consideration, I have come to the conclusion that it would actually be better if that thread was removed from this section, but I am not 100% sure, so I am asking for people's opinions.

The thought behind this move is the following:

1. The ambivalent state of photomanips at the Portal has finally come to an end, giving all members security about treating them (I am aware that there will still be some debates, but they will now be an issue of the photomanip section and not of the whole site). The conception of the real life photo thread was partially due to that ambivalent state.

2. The Portal is a very strict site about being fantasy only. In fact, 11 members (if I counted correctly) just recently got a temporary ban because they encouraged a person sharing some real life vore material. Proliferating a real life photo thread in this section which is also meant as a safe playing ground and entrance for newbies may create the false impression that real life material is welcome at the Portal. This confusion may then result in actions that may eventually get members temporarily or permanently banned - all because this section made them misunderstand the rules.

Especially because of that second reason, I do believe that it would be better to discontinue and remove that thread in order to protect members from harmful misunderstandings.

Deathworks
Deathworks
Innocence and Cuteness!

Postby Deathworks » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:02 pm

Hi!

I take the absence of a debate as acceptance of the argument. Thus, the exception rule for the real life photo thread has been removed from the rules, making all real life photos non-welcome in this section.

As I said, the main reason is that this section is safe in many regards and with this exception rule, a very complex field would be entered which could get members into trouble if they misunderstood things.

The former real life photos thread of this section has been moved to the photo edit section, so no material was deleted in this step.

Thank you for your understanding.

Deathworks
Deathworks
Innocence and Cuteness!

Re: Rule for the Extra soft voreforum!

Postby MisterEbony » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:01 pm

Ok, I think people here know about most of my work. so I have to ask: is it okay to go on here?
Voraphile, Furry, Brony, and Gamer.

Shall we play a game?
MisterEbony
???

Postby DJScoots10 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:33 pm

Does reformation count?
DJScoots10
New to the forum

Postby MrSinister1990 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:52 pm

Maybe post a media section in here for soft vore fans :)
MrSinister1990
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Gershwin » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:14 am

Deathworks - I agree with your sentiment, and I hope it works out! I am of the soft persuasion and have frequently been caught off guard by people who insist on pushing their harder material on me. Many times I have been enjoying a nice RP with someone, until they suddenly start talking about hurting me, torturing me and bullying me inside them, then going on to hard-core digestion! I find it really horrible, specially as they know before hand what preferences I have. I assume that people like this enjoy doing that to people like me - its fun for them to bring hard-vore into a soft RP.
Gershwin
Somewhat familiar

Previous

Return to Safe vore