Fantastical Endo (Discussion)

Everything about Endosomatophilia! For more information, inquires within (or check the wiki)

Fantastical Endo (Discussion)

Postby sabrina_diamond » Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:22 am

So let's all pretend that the premise of "Fantastic Voyage" (a rather cheesy 60's science-fiction film about endo) became a sudden reality in the year 3000+. Disciplined scientists/biologists (or doctors) using either a shrink-ray (or wizards using an impossibly advanced magical spell) can transport an actual metal submarine full of human-sized explorers into a human's body (a random patient in a hospital). There would be little risk to the procedure and the explorers will be equipped with the latest in biohazard suits and other emergency supplies.

Would anyone want to take the journey or not? What would be the biological risks involved in our harsh reality? What would be the consequences? Discuss!
*Chomp, slideee, gurgle gurgle* Must have ate something off! *screaming*
sabrina_diamond
???

Re: Fantastical Endo (Discussion)

Postby DannyChocolate » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:54 pm

I would, as long as it's someone like Hawkeye or Cyborg (or more realistically, John Davis - PLEASE SOMEBODY TELL ME YOU KNOW WHO HE IS) we're going inside.
There's some whores in this house.
DannyChocolate
Somewhat familiar

Postby TriloQuist » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:55 am

It would be fun! I've always wanted to explore the beating heart.

As for consequences? Dunno, probably thrombosis or a stroke in the brain. Who knows how small can we get and how smaller those veins can get? I suggest avoiding the brain capillaries to avoid those injuries. Might as well add a hormone to our submarine to avoid either being eaten by white blood cells, metabolized by the liver, or swept to the bladder.

But if there's no harm in doing such a journey, I think it would be fun for visitors and science students alike! Just have a willing human volunteer, an experienced sub driver and proper implementation of rules, and you got a real life in-the-body experience.
I'm gonna steal your idea and write it into mine! Muahahahahah!
TriloQuist
New to the forum

Postby nastyguts » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:29 pm

I would definitely love too! Though it also depends on the patient. I don't know about possible consequences as it's so unrealistic that I can't think of any.
nastyguts
New to the forum

Postby T145 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:48 am

sabrina_diamond wrote:So let's all pretend that the premise of "Fantastic Voyage" (a rather cheesy 60's science-fiction film about endo) became a sudden reality in the year 3000+. Disciplined scientists/biologists (or doctors) using either a shrink-ray (or wizards using an impossibly advanced magical spell) can transport an actual metal submarine full of human-sized explorers into a human's body (a random patient in a hospital). There would be little risk to the procedure and the explorers will be equipped with the latest in biohazard suits and other emergency supplies.

Would anyone want to take the journey or not? Discuss!

If there's no great risk to anyone, then sure, although it would be nice to go on my own, rather than be accompanied by a team, or be heavily monitored during the whole process. It sounds like an interesting time.

Although less human, it might also be intriguing to bring a laptop with some anatomical notes, and poke around some non-humans too, to compare anatomy, and get up close and personal.

What would be the biological risks involved in our harsh reality? What would be the consequences?

Assuming that the whole matter of mass and all that gets resolved/scaled appropriately (so you don't just end up as 60-odd kilos in something the size of a pin (which would be bad for everyone involved), bodies generally aren't good places for humanoids to live in. Air, water, food, and sanitation would all be massive problems. You're shrunk, so you wouldn't have air anyway (the molecules are the wrong size), and emergency supplies aren't meant to last for all that long. Water can be somewhat recycled, but food/sanitation cannot be so easily cycled, at least not without risking an infection in the host, or some other unpleasantness.

There are also some parts of the body where you can't introduce air, like the inside of the chest. Doing that would compromise the host's ability to breathe, doing bad things to them in short order.

TriloQuist wrote:It would be fun! I've always wanted to explore the beating heart.

Same. It seems like a neat place to poke around, plus there's something to be said for being right next to the actual beating heart of someone/something.

EDIT: Whoops, didn't notice this post was last active in 2021 8O
T145
Been posting for a bit

Postby sabrina_diamond » Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:43 am

That's perfectly alright, as long as there's new discussion about endo to be had! (Happy Chinese New Year btw) :gulp:
*Chomp, slideee, gurgle gurgle* Must have ate something off! *screaming*
sabrina_diamond
???

Return to Endosomatophilia world