Dominant vs. Gentle Endo

Everything about Endosomatophilia! For more information, inquires within (or check the wiki)

Dominant vs. Gentle Endo

Postby M4st3r0fb41t » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:43 am

As a mostly endo pred with more RPs on my belt than I can count, I've come to realize that endo tends to be a bit polarized towards two ends: On one hand, there's "fluff" endo, where everything is consentual, soft, warm and cute. On the other side, Endo can be pretty much the opposite: Unwilling prey, disgusting and oppressive internals and a prevailing theme of the prey being dominated for the preds sole enjoyment.

While I like RPing on both ends of this, when these two sides are combined into one or the vore scenario slides along a scale between the two ends is when it all really comes together for me. I wonder, how do you feel about Endo, what's the "right" amount of dominance for you?
Cringe is dead and I'm still vorny.
M4st3r0fb41t
Been posting for a bit

Re: Dominant vs. Gentle Endo

Postby TootCore » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:24 am

As long as the scenario and situations present interesting nuances or fun concepts, I'm up for either ! Unique, good ideas are a huge part of what makes these kinds of endo real fun in the end.
TootCore
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Seproth » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:27 am

I like it better when the prey is the dominant one in the "relationship"

They are inside you they have power over you and you really can't do anything to stop them.

Which ties into me being a case of an unknown prey in the situation. Your body is acting weird and you have no idea why.

It's also my single greatest fear in life...

That and frogs...

fuck frogs
Seproth
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Dyrsig » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:42 am

I really like dominant prey in endo as well! Prey just using the pred's digestive system/body however they wish, giving them some kind of indigestion/weird feelings in the process. It's a rare scenario that I really love to see.

Another dominant prey thing i like to see is the stuff you see in a lot of cartoons/mythical stories, where the prey manages to defeat the pred from the inside, whether because it's a pred that tried to eat them when the prey was unwilling, or the prey found out that it was an easier method to subdue the pred.

Tbh I also like really gentle endo sometimes, it's more of a different moods thing for me.
Dyrsig
Been posting for a bit

Postby 22209 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:39 am

I prefer gentle endo myself, mainly because I feel being inside/next to the brain, heart, etc. would be an intimate experience.
Somewhat familiar

Postby Starcomet » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:16 pm

I like 100% all dominant, disgusting, unwilling, entrapment endo. I can do the soft gentle endo but it is not as enjoyable.
Peace and Blessings to you,

Myron
Starcomet
Somewhat familiar

Postby coop500 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:58 pm

For me personally i lean towards the cuddly, willing, comfy side of things, though I don't mind the prey being unsure/nervous at first, it's important for me that, in the end, both parties are happy and content.
Writer of wholesome fandom M/F vore.
Current character focus: Chris Redfield!
coop500
???

Postby NotTadpole » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:52 am

My overwhelming preference is for gentle. Unless it's heavily glossed over, the emotional baggage inherently involved with rough dominating endo tends to bring unpleasant memories for me that I do not like being reminded of - not to mention that I'll almost always feel really bad for the prey, sapping most enjoyment I could feel.
NotTadpole
Somewhat familiar

Postby AlimentaryArtist » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:14 am

I think a lot of people mischaracterize "dominance" to be honest. You can be dominant and gentle/consensual, dominance just refers to the attitude, the taking charge of the roleplay or action, moving everything along at their pace. A dom could seize a handful of the back of a prey's hair and force them into their waiting throat or, just as easily, gently yet forcefully guide their prey to their hungry maw. Personally I like to mix things up as much as possible, so I think it's good that people know the difference between a dominant pred/prey and a cruel one.
AlimentaryArtist
Somewhat familiar

Postby LegitUsername » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:51 am

Starcomet wrote:I like 100% all dominant, disgusting, unwilling, entrapment endo. I can do the soft gentle endo but it is not as enjoyable.

Completely agree. Unwilling prey appeals more to me than willing, so the kind of endo where the prey is kept solely for the predator's amusement goes hand in hand with that.
Be gay, do vore
LegitUsername
Been posting for a bit

Postby Birichino » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:45 pm

Seproth wrote:I like it better when the prey is the dominant one in the "relationship"

They are inside you they have power over you and you really can't do anything to stop them.

Which ties into me being a case of an unknown prey in the situation. Your body is acting weird and you have no idea why.

It's also my single greatest fear in life...

That and frogs...

fuck frogs

You had me in the first half, NGL. Poor froggos.

There's a decent range of what I like in endo, but it's often the pred physically dominating the prey by swallowing them, but the prey having some emotional leverage over them, and even that can be anywhere from a loving pet slurping up their master in excitement to a cruel but insecure pred realizing they're incapable of digesting their victim and feeling "defeated" by them, becoming obsessive.
Birichino
Advanced Vorarephile

Location: Mostly another plane of existence, sometimes Canada

Postby DannyChocolate » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:05 pm

Gentle
There's some whores in this house.
DannyChocolate
Somewhat familiar

Postby thirdaltaccount » Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:22 am

Necropost? Maybe.
I like aspects of both - but only in the sense that that more dominant side is an expression of loving teasing and flirting. Treading the line between raw danger and cuddly security is difficult, but not impossible. Preds that play up their more dominant side for the sake of flustering prey is nice. I'm a big fan of consent, and in finding an agreement where the pred can kind of just do what they want is exciting - but only as long as the prey isn't being abused and tormented. A little teasing with the flaunting of control and leveraging just how much power they hold can be fun, but the moment the line is crossed where the prey begins to genuinely worry for their safety is when it's best to throttle back into that more cozy and sweet dynamic. A bit of variation on purely gentle and more dominant is always welcome, given the varying moods of both parties.
It's like coop500 said, "For me personally i lean towards the cuddly, willing, comfy side of things, though I don't mind the prey being unsure/nervous at first, it's important for me that, in the end, both parties are happy and content."
As long as pred and prey are both ultimately comfortable and appreciated, I'm happy. Throw in a bit of thrill, anxiety, power, danger, with love, and you have one hell of a cocktail for a dynamic.
Always either cold or tired. Unsure whether to blame the phenomenon on vorarephilia or not. Probably looking into it too much.
thirdaltaccount
Been posting for a bit

Postby T145 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:07 pm

M4st3r0fb41t wrote:As a mostly endo pred with more RPs on my belt than I can count, I've come to realize that endo tends to be a bit polarized towards two ends: On one hand, there's "fluff" endo, where everything is consentual, soft, warm and cute. On the other side, Endo can be pretty much the opposite: Unwilling prey, disgusting and oppressive internals and a prevailing theme of the prey being dominated for the preds sole enjoyment.

While I like RPing on both ends of this, when these two sides are combined into one or the vore scenario slides along a scale between the two ends is when it all really comes together for me. I wonder, how do you feel about Endo, what's the "right" amount of dominance for you?

I tend to lean towards the fluff side, and a little bit in the middle. I don't mind an unaware pred, for example, but the consensual and cosy tends to be where I prefer things. It doesn't have to be fluff-exclusive, a co-operative arrangement like what goes in in Bowser's Inside Story also works for me. If both pred and prey work better together than on their own, that's the plum in the pie.
T145
Been posting for a bit

Return to Endosomatophilia world