Ghost in the Machine concept

Everything about Endosomatophilia! For more information, inquires within (or check the wiki)

Ghost in the Machine concept

Postby sabrina_diamond » Mon May 27, 2019 11:13 am

For those who don't know what that means... https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GhostInTheMachine Ever since I had heard of it I've been fascinated by this concept, but would this idea also be in an endo context if it was also merged with the trope Mobile Suit Human (similar to https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MobileSuitHuman)?

Lately I've been playing around with the idea where Steph Tsunade is a Mobile Suit Human who is co-piloted by two smaller micros (Olapen and Misako) and I was having such a fun time with that idea... The name of the roleplay is Tropers: The Series by the way...
Last edited by sabrina_diamond on Tue May 28, 2019 4:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
*Chomp, slideee, gurgle gurgle* Must have ate something off! *screaming*
sabrina_diamond
???

Re: Ghost in the Machine concept

Postby Birichino » Mon May 27, 2019 11:34 am

It's neat, but isn't that kind of a roundabout way of doing possession?
Birichino
Advanced Vorarephile

Location: Mostly another plane of existence, sometimes Canada

Postby sabrina_diamond » Mon May 27, 2019 11:38 am

Birichino wrote:It's neat, but isn't that kind of a roundabout way of doing possession?

How is that possession when the participants already live inside their host?
sabrina_diamond
???

Postby Birichino » Mon May 27, 2019 11:46 am

Well, I was thinking because the figures are only representative of another force, and that a mobile suit human doesn't implicitly have its own will, but it's something else altogether if you have a sentient or AI-equipped Mobile Suit Human with physical co-pilots. That's definitely an approach to endo.
Birichino
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby sabrina_diamond » Mon May 27, 2019 12:01 pm

Birichino wrote:Well, I was thinking because the figures are only representative of another force, and that a mobile suit human doesn't implicitly have its own will, but it's something else altogether if you have a sentient or AI-equipped Mobile Suit Human with physical co-pilots. That's definitely an approach to endo.

Well, if it helps during the roleplay, Misako and Olapen act as co-pilots (or similar to the Odd Couple scenario), it also helps greatly that Misako used to pilot mechas, which makes the task a lot easier
sabrina_diamond
???

Postby Birichino » Mon May 27, 2019 12:16 pm

sabrina_diamond wrote:
Birichino wrote:Well, I was thinking because the figures are only representative of another force, and that a mobile suit human doesn't implicitly have its own will, but it's something else altogether if you have a sentient or AI-equipped Mobile Suit Human with physical co-pilots. That's definitely an approach to endo.

Well, if it helps during the roleplay, Misako and Olapen act as co-pilots (or similar to the Odd Couple scenario), it also helps greatly that Misako used to pilot mechas, which makes the task a lot easier

That does sound fun, but do they have objectives? Are they just having a slice-of-life or sit-com inside of Steph, or are they trying to get somewhere or improve her body's capabilities? And is she purely mechanical, or does she have biological components?
Birichino
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby sabrina_diamond » Mon May 27, 2019 12:17 pm

Birichino wrote:
sabrina_diamond wrote:

That does sound fun, but do they have objectives? Are they just having a slice-of-life or sit-com inside of Steph, or are they trying to get somewhere or improve her body's capabilities? And is she purely mechanical, or does she have biological components?

I'm still trying to figure it out for now during the roleplay, but suggestions are highly valued! For now it's sort of a sitcom situation, but it can change suddenly
sabrina_diamond
???

Postby Birichino » Mon May 27, 2019 12:48 pm

Ah, I see. Well, it's probably most fun if they JUST got into their Steph Mecha, so she's super awkward as they're just learning to pilot her. I'm guessing she's sort of her own person despite their influence, like in Inside Out? Forgive me, but I can't stop thinking of this mediocre YTV show from 2004, Mental Block, as a reference.
Birichino
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby sabrina_diamond » Mon May 27, 2019 9:08 pm

Well, Steph Tsunade is still sentient despite everything and also can sometimes run on autopilot.
sabrina_diamond
???

Postby Birichino » Tue May 28, 2019 12:11 am

Nice. So then what would you like most for her relationship with Olapen and Misako? Aware? Subservient? Or maybe she likes to make her own decisions and they only have influence because they offer her benefits, so she's free to tease them a lot. It sounds most like she kind of watches their decisions take form as if in a dream, maybe adjusting the exact phrasing and behaviour like a Telltale character.
Birichino
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Seproth » Tue May 28, 2019 12:13 am

I like this idea.

Not sure if Ghost in the machine is quite an accurate descriptor for this.

This is more like that awful Eddie Murphy movie from a few years ago where he was a robot piloting himself.

WAIT

a better example is the Doctor Who episode lets Kill Hitler

A robot who looks like a person who is piloted by a bunch of tiny people....

I like the idea
Seproth
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Birichino » Tue May 28, 2019 12:19 am

Ditto! I'm trying to think of what the term is. It's basically having a ship with AI, but the ship is in the form of a gynodroid.
There is a trope for a lot of the idea! (https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/ ... ceshipGirl) It's just escalated to the girl being the ship's physical form instead of a projection.
Birichino
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby sabrina_diamond » Tue May 28, 2019 2:09 am

Birichino wrote:Nice. So then what would you like most for her relationship with Olapen and Misako? Aware? Subservient? Or maybe she likes to make her own decisions and they only have influence because they offer her benefits, so she's free to tease them a lot. It sounds most like she kind of watches their decisions take form as if in a dream, maybe adjusting the exact phrasing and behaviour like a Telltale character.

Similar to visualisation, if it helps... Have you ever seen Mighty Morphing Power Rangers by the way?
sabrina_diamond
???

Postby Birichino » Tue May 28, 2019 8:45 am

sabrina_diamond wrote:
Birichino wrote:Nice. So then what would you like most for her relationship with Olapen and Misako? Aware? Subservient? Or maybe she likes to make her own decisions and they only have influence because they offer her benefits, so she's free to tease them a lot. It sounds most like she kind of watches their decisions take form as if in a dream, maybe adjusting the exact phrasing and behaviour like a Telltale character.

Similar to visualisation, if it helps... Have you ever seen Mighty Morphing Power Rangers by the way?

The original? Yes, mostly, although after that I've only seen a few Super Sentai generations.

So it's like...sometimes I visualize characters representing my mental processes so I can directly tell them that I want something, like elimination of an intrusive thought or to experience more dreams. It's like that for Steph, but she may see them unintentionally, rather than bringing them up to give instructions to? She would have internal cameras/sensors, at least, even if her conscious isn't supposed to know about them.
Birichino
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Seproth » Tue May 28, 2019 11:00 am

sabrina_diamond wrote:

*shoves her collection of Power Ranger toys into hiding* Never heard of it!

... GIRLS CAN LIKE BOY STUFF!
Seproth
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby kjsfh » Tue May 28, 2019 1:29 pm

Have you guys seen this music video?

It seems somewhat relevant to the idea of 'piloted girls':

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iB9qKILjU3g
kjsfh
Participator

Postby sabrina_diamond » Wed May 29, 2019 1:25 am

Birichino wrote:So it's like...sometimes I visualize characters representing my mental processes so I can directly tell them that I want something, like elimination of an intrusive thought or to experience more dreams. It's like that for Steph?

Yep, you hit the nail on the head, although they can materialise in physical-form (micros) if needed to be physically present... The power of imagination! :-D
sabrina_diamond
???

Postby Birichino » Wed May 29, 2019 7:00 am

Ha, so they're like a shoulder angel and devil! I like the idea that they're only really marginally in control of their ship.

(Also, who doesn't love a girl into Power Rangers and that's a fun video.)
Birichino
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby 22209 » Thu May 30, 2019 2:55 am

kjsfh wrote:Have you guys seen this music video?

It seems somewhat relevant to the idea of 'piloted girls':

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iB9qKILjU3g

That's "I Can Friday By Day," at least a short version of it.

If I could throw my hat in the ring, it could be interesting to see the two "drivers" of Seph trying to hide their existence from Seph and/or any people around her, with minimal success for the former. It might also be interesting to look into the heads of said peers to find their "drivers".

Also: Power Rangers Dino Thunder, followed by Kamen Rider OOO, then Garo.
Somewhat familiar

Postby sabrina_diamond » Thu May 30, 2019 11:57 am

I am still uncertain whether Steph Tsunade's body during the Tropers: The Series rp should be biological or biopunk-inspired...?
sabrina_diamond
???

Next

Return to Endosomatophilia world