Ghost in the Machine concept

Everything about Endosomatophilia! For more information, inquires within (or check the wiki)

Re: Ghost in the Machine concept

Postby Birichino » Thu May 30, 2019 3:57 pm

Well, in order to be inhabitable, let alone pilotable, a body would need to be artificially created or altered. Assuming "Magical Construct" is right off the list, that means Steph would be genetically-engineered, which would give her biological quirks and could mean a certain mental condition is instinctively enforced, or she could be a cyborg (biopunk), which allows a lot more direct control and could either show up as metal detector problems or be better-concealed than being a mutant, but could leave her thinking totally independent of what she's "told" to do.
If she was just a human before being altered, she'd also notice the changes differently. Biological changes might give her weird cravings, while mechanical additions could make her feel heavier. Either could give her noticibly improved physical ability, really.

Though it's an RP, so it's ultimately as flexible as you like. Which aesthetic and quirks would you like for ShipGirl Steph?
Birichino
Advanced Vorarephile

Location: Mostly another plane of existence, sometimes Canada

Postby Seproth » Thu May 30, 2019 9:31 pm

I'm thinking of an episode of... an old Nickelodeon show staring a robot girl named Jenny...

Ehhh

Anywho!

In one episode the bad guys infest her with a tiny robot that runs around her insides making her behave all weird.

We get cock teased throughout most of it.

Still I am imagining something like that if you want to go a robot route.

A vast inner world with things that can be manipulated and controlled.

The Steph(bot) in this case may not even have to be aware or even intentionally have things running around in her.

The pilots in this case could be an invasive entity
Seproth
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby sabrina_diamond » Fri May 31, 2019 5:32 am

I would like it to be unaware, mostly and have some biopunk aspects with a merging between organic and mechanical.
*Chomp, slideee, gurgle gurgle* Must have ate something off! *screaming*
sabrina_diamond
???

Postby Birichino » Fri May 31, 2019 9:02 am

Yeah, that's a good angle. Then, was Steph "assembled" to be a vessel and kept unaware for something like better integration, or would she have been reconfigured from a normal girl?
I'm guessing all of her fantastic cyborg abilities are only noticible inside her body, and different parts could range from almost totally mechanical to pure flesh. Her stomach could actually be either, depending on if it's a secure command deck that processes food with sci-fi technology, or a dangerous digestion chamber her pilots anxiously avoid. It could also be something in between, maybe letting them (and her, subconsciously?) intercept things on their way to her stomach or pick and choose what gets digested. Though unless there are other tiny pilots besides the ones already inside her, that seems like it'd just be an emergency way to get back inside her.

My Life as a Teenage Robot really shows up here more than I'd expect, but I guess it did have robot endo, yeah.
Birichino
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Seproth » Fri May 31, 2019 1:12 pm

Birichino wrote:Yeah, that's a good angle. Then, was Steph "assembled" to be a vessel and kept unaware for something like better integration, or would she have been reconfigured from a normal girl?
I'm guessing all of her fantastic cyborg abilities are only noticible inside her body, and different parts could range from almost totally mechanical to pure flesh. Her stomach could actually be either, depending on if it's a secure command deck that processes food with sci-fi technology, or a dangerous digestion chamber her pilots anxiously avoid. It could also be something in between, maybe letting them (and her, subconsciously?) intercept things on their way to her stomach or pick and choose what gets digested. Though unless there are other tiny pilots besides the ones already inside her, that seems like it'd just be an emergency way to get back inside her.

My Life as a Teenage Robot really shows up here more than I'd expect, but I guess it did have robot endo, yeah.

Two counts of Robot endo. Granted both are suuuuupeeeer short... and both have what I kind of enjoy though

Internal actions having external reactions.

The one I mentioned I think there is a grand total of like... 2 instances.. Which is a damn shame I was hoping for more...

Back on track.

We'd be going with a sort of Bio-Android feel on that one.

So wait is this a planned Rp... or are we just theory crafting for the funsies (I am okay with either)
Seproth
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Birichino » Fri May 31, 2019 9:23 pm

Oh, I don't know! I thought it was just theorycrafting, but now that it's being talked about like a real RP...how would the roles work? Playing someone else's OC sounds really tricky...
Birichino
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby sabrina_diamond » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:31 am

We're just theory-crafting for now, but this is a good discussion so far! :-D Misako and Olapen will be the co-pilots in this case (Similar to Voltron or Evangelion anime) and they typically control the mainframe from the cockpit.
sabrina_diamond
???

Postby Seproth » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:16 am

hmmm

I imagine it'd be more a case of regulating certain functions of the body.

Like in this scenario Steph would be in control

Her pilots as it where simply run around her insides making sure everything is functioning properly.

I'd play an invasive species that was running around messing with things... Listen I'm a simple girl... This is what I do :P
Seproth
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby sabrina_diamond » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:00 am

Seproth wrote:hmmm
I'd play an invasive species that was running around messing with things... Listen I'm a simple girl... This is what I do :P

You could do so if you were in the Tropers: The Series roleplay!
sabrina_diamond
???

Postby Seproth » Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:15 pm

sabrina_diamond wrote:

That's a thing?
Seproth
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Birichino » Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:52 pm

Seproth wrote:
sabrina_diamond wrote:

That's a thing?

Apparently, it is! And who would know better than sabrina?
https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/posts.php?d ... 0&page=757

I'm less practiced at being a body invader, but it does sound like a fun role to stumble into unwillingly.
Birichino
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Seproth » Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:14 pm

*blinks* that's a lot to read

How is it relevant?
Seproth
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby sabrina_diamond » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:06 pm

It's basically a Play-By-Post format and we all take turns to post as our characters. Plus Misako and Olapen are somewhere in Steph's head, currently lounging around in there in the cockpit while bored.
sabrina_diamond
???

Postby Birichino » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:47 pm

So you're going to make a thread in the roleplay section for that? Finding characters with reasons to be in Steph's body seems tricky. If she's a ship, could someone she swallowed without noticing travel from her stomach to the rest of the system safely?
Birichino
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby sabrina_diamond » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:33 am

Yes, I'm going to make a thread in the roleplay section for this.
sabrina_diamond
???

Postby Seproth » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:20 am

*nods her head* I see I see
Seproth
Advanced Vorarephile

Previous

Return to Endosomatophilia world